PDA

View Full Version : D&D 4e Game in East Dallas (Rowlett)

nightshade
09-10-2008, 11:07 AM
An established group in Rowlett (Garland area) is looking for 1 more solid player to join our Forgotten Realms 4th edition campaign and to join our permanent gaming group. This campaign is being built from scratch based upon what our players decide to build their profile around (not the stat build of the character but the roleplaying elements such as character history, goals, motivations, etc.)

Our games are heavy roleplay mixed with combat. We are not looking for "Fighter #10" players but someone who actually likes building a living breathing hero (or villain) that has an active part in the world we create. Our roleplay scenes are just as rewarding and deadly as the combat (maybe more) and so if you do not like being put in a situation where your character could affect the course of nations just by an action or words this is probably not the game for you, but if you thrive of such scenes then great rewards and enjoyment will be gained for all.

We would prefer players with GM experience because those players are typically not "all about me" players since they have had to deal with the needs of others to make a great game. Someone who studies the rules (doesn't have to be a lawyer just will put work into an ACCURATE character) is a must.

Our group likes to have a good time and laugh like everyone does but we also want players who try to stay in character and keep the "out of game" talk to a minimum.

Webhead
09-10-2008, 11:16 AM
Wow! You live (or game?) about 5 minutes from my house! I'd be curious to meet with your group for introductions. Just out of curiousity, what are the ages of your players? I've not played 4e yet, but I'm looking to give it a swing, plus it's always good to meet new gamers who are so close by.