PDA

View Full Version : Nothing like stabbing your roguish sister in the back.

MuslixtheMighty
09-09-2008, 06:11 PM
I am in need of some dire advice from the forums on a specific matter of revenge. In my semi-current D&D 2nd edition, my character, a N.E. Halfling Bard (My GM didn't like how Halflings couldn't be bards so he allowed it.), aquired something to his liking and got very attached to it, only to have it taken away and destoryed by one of his triplet siblings. As much as there is some heated feelings between the two characters, I also have some feelings towards the player of said sibling. She is someone who if she doesn't get her way, will literally throw her dice on the table and walk away, stomping off to another room in the building (We play at her and her husband's house.) Yet, it seems like whenever she wants to do anything to take over the game, the dice always seem to go into her favor. Out of all the games our group has played, I have never seen her have a critical fail EVER! It seems no matter what she is rolling for, it is nothing should of spectacular. Also she likes to make a love of good characters and gets away with a lot of evil deeds but I leave the call up to the GM of that current game. Call it jealousy if you will, but I want to think of a plan to shake her to the core.

So, who's with me?

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-09-2008, 06:59 PM
Do you have the DM's support?

Thoth-Amon

MuslixtheMighty
09-09-2008, 09:31 PM
I am 99% sure that I have the DM's permission with the exception of killing and other extremes.

Stormcrow77
09-10-2008, 04:37 PM
Is her husband the DM? If so your in a bad spot. This is one reason why i will not play with a group if the DM and a player are "involved".
I have seen it cause lots of probs.

If not.

Since i see your playing a EVIL pc. Try this.
Frame her for a large theft in a big city. Works well.
And make it worth while. Not just some coins but perhaps some artwork or such.

Or even better ,since your a Bard after all, Put that charisma is good use and start wonderfuly funny rumors about her. That seems more fun in the long run.

Good luck.

nijineko
09-10-2008, 08:48 PM
you could arrange for an imprisonment spell....

MuslixtheMighty
09-11-2008, 01:12 AM
Is her husband the DM? If so your in a bad spot. This is one reason why i will not play with a group if the DM and a player are "involved".
I have seen it cause lots of probs.

If not.

Since i see your playing a EVIL pc. Try this.
Frame her for a large theft in a big city. Works well.
And make it worth while. Not just some coins but perhaps some artwork or such.

Or even better ,since your a Bard after all, Put that charisma is good use and start wonderfuly funny rumors about her. That seems more fun in the long run.

Good luck.

My thieving skills are not the greatest but I am really liking the rumors idea and the DM and the player have no relations what so ever.

Dimthar
09-11-2008, 12:27 PM
Well, if you are playing with Alignment, I'll go for a Cursed Item that changes her alignment to Lawful Good or perhaps a Belt of Sex Change. Or like in the "Liar, Liar" movie, she is forced to always tell the truth.

What are your "Society Customs"? Perhaps is time for you to arrange her "Marriage" (As Male Brother you may have that right).

Buy a "Specially Crafted Magic Item" that will "Help you" match her powers, when she steals it from you, she will find the awful truth...

Aidan
09-11-2008, 02:18 PM
From what you've said, you're going to get a tantrum no matter what you do. Is it worth it? Do you really enjoy playing with a person who stomps off every time something happens she doesn't like?

spotlight
09-11-2008, 06:07 PM
Actually, I used to be a little like that. Only maturity will end it. Currently, the DM and other players must accept the 'dice toss' and continue their fun with the stomp off in the other room. That's what eventually helped me grow up, seeing the others still having fun without me.

tesral
09-14-2008, 01:41 PM
Sounds to me like a cheating player who is also a bad sport.

I don't know that in game solutions are going to work, but short of quitting the game I don't see where you have much choice.

Triplet? All sort of things you could do. Start by dressing in her clothing.

Court some important NPC as her and jilt them. Let her eat the fallout.

Cause a public scene as her.

Stealing something as her as suggested.

You're a Bard? Do some acting. Hire a couple of actors and dress them up as important NPCs that you wouldn't normally have access to. Be "caught" in compromising situations with them as her. Even better if the VINPC is married. Get the Hell out of Dodge.

nijineko
09-14-2008, 02:37 PM
i like the helm of alignment change. my first experience with "being an evil pc" came from one of my first characters in a d&d game at boy scout camp (no, we didn't get many merit badges done that summer....) when my lawful good character got stuck with just such a helm. i got rewarded for playing along with it, even if reluctantly, i did well enough that when the curse was removed, the dm told me that the helm had a bunch of nice abilities.

i learned two things from that. i don't like evil pcs, and players can get jealous if someone gets nice stuff, especially when they had to do all the work (of removing the curse) and i got to keep the helm with nice abilities. as a result, i tried to use the abilites for the party benefit so they wouldn't mind me having the helm.

to be fair, the helm was treasure i found in a wight's crypt, and i wound up fighting the wight single-handedly for a few rounds, too; because we were low level and everyone was scared of level loss... at least until the dm reminded everyone that only those who participated in a fight got a share of the loot.... ;D then i finally got help. and i was awarded first pick for doing the lion's share of the fight alone.

MuslixtheMighty
09-14-2008, 07:02 PM
As much as I am liking the ideas that I am getting, the party is in a spot where most of them will not work. We are acting as guards for a merchant caravan across a desert to an exotic city. In the last game, the caravan was attacked by raiders and in the fight, my character learned of a magical item that his sister had. An eye for an eye and an ear and a tooth and etc. :evil:

nijineko
09-14-2008, 08:08 PM
in that case... feed her some cactus juice! depending on the type of cactus it could be hallucinagenic. or lizard tail....

cplmac
08-07-2009, 01:41 PM
I would think that a NE character would definately want to obtain that magical item from the sister. Especially after the destruction of an item previously by that sister.

tesral
08-08-2009, 12:32 PM
"You don't take care of your toys."

penguin133
08-11-2009, 05:10 AM
Like the bullfiddle playing Bard, the last Bard I played had a piano.... when fighting Orcs he used to sling the piano at them first! (Not really but it made for some fun!) You dion't want to know what he'd do with his piccolo....!

spotlight
08-15-2009, 02:42 PM
Piccolo? Say, isn't that the guy from dragon ball z?

Arkhemedes
08-15-2009, 03:01 PM
Man, I hate to say this because I have no advice to give in a situation like this other than to point out to the DM where this may lead. Unfortunately, this situation sounds a lot like my first gaming group way back when. We were playing evil characters, and the only girl in the group, whom the DM was sweet on, was getting away with murder. When I spoke with the other players they agreed to help me get even with her. But when it came down to it, the other players abandoned me at the last minute. My character got decapitated by a vorpal blade. Then the DM and the girl stormed out of my house never to be a part of my gaming group, or even friends, ever again. Worst D&D experience I ever had. Fortunately, the other players (the ones who had abandoned me) chose to stick with me rather than go with them.