PDA

View Full Version : Looking for PBP 4e Game

DeathByDM
09-09-2008, 12:57 PM
See subject. I've been DMing 4e for a while and would like a chance to play. I doubt I'll be able to do that any time soon with my current group (we're more than halfway through Shadowfell Keep) so I thought I'd give play-by-post a chance. I've done several games like this over the years but this would be my first in 4th edition. Anyone running a 4th edition PBP game?

Roderz
09-09-2008, 09:31 PM
I'm also interested in playing in a pbp 4e game.

Mindbomb
09-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Can't be any worse than a PnP 4E LMFAO. I really do detest this new system, sorry don't mean to troll/flame it's just that I lost my group of 10 years because I can't bring myself to enjoy it. I feel very smothered as a player and almost pointless as a DM. It feels like a long terrible game of minitures to me. And while I do enjoy a good game of mini's it will never compare to the depth and love I've had for a real D&D game.

DeathByDM
09-10-2008, 06:05 AM
Hmm, in my experience as a DM in both editions, I would say the best RPG is one that won't get in your way. I actually think that 4e does a pretty good job of letting you roleplay the way you want.

Sure, you CAN play it as just a strategic minis game, but in PbP it's all about the roleplaying and the game mechanics are in the background. I think 4e makes it pretty easy to do those rolls (saving throws simplified, minions are much easier, fairly limited abilities of each creature).

DeathByDM
09-10-2008, 01:30 PM
Anyone willing to DM something like this? I see lots of 3.0 and 3.5 PbPs here but nothing for 4e.

boulet
09-10-2008, 01:42 PM
Tag, you're it :)

Webhead
09-10-2008, 01:46 PM
Tag, you're it :)

Double quincies, no backsies...;)

DeathByDM
09-10-2008, 02:30 PM
Double quincies, no backsies...;)

:confused:

russdm
09-10-2008, 02:50 PM
I think it would be fun to play in pbp 4e game. I would enjoy that, somewhat i guess.

Webhead
09-10-2008, 03:00 PM
I think it would be fun to play in pbp 4e game. I would enjoy that, somewhat i guess.

I sense a rapid decline in your interest.

"I would enjoy that...
somewhat...
I guess..."

Interesting. ;)

michaeljearley
09-10-2008, 05:50 PM
I'd play.

russdm
09-11-2008, 08:51 PM
I sense a rapid decline in your interest.

"I would enjoy that...
somewhat...
I guess..."

Interesting. ;)

As compared to playing one with other people across a table...

I am just being cynical, thats all.

I would actually have fun playing, but I wouldn't want to DM a play-by-post game. I am trying to make a real game get going, and its not going well.

To end, I sense a decline in your ability to keep a straight face...(I am not implying anything.);)

DeathByDM
09-12-2008, 08:06 AM
Well, we're in luck! There are quite a few 4e PbP games going on over at UnlimitedRPGs.com, one of the few gaming sites (including this one) I can actually access at work. I just joined one myself.

russdm
09-16-2008, 08:41 PM
Do we need to join the site to play thougH? Is this 4e pbp game going to go on or is it not being run?

Kudos for Kudos! WAAHHHHHHH!

Sorry about that. I am too excited about something...

DeathByDM
09-17-2008, 09:32 AM
Well, for that site, yes, you would need to register. They have many games going on and new ones starting all the time.

Since nobody here expressed any interest in DMing, I pretty much gave up on a group from this board....

russdm
09-18-2008, 08:28 PM
From my lookover, I don't think there is actually any games open there. It seems like everything is full and nothing is open, Atleast 4e wise. It does not seem to have anything available.

A pbp 4e would still be fun.

DeathByDM
09-19-2008, 07:23 AM
I've joined 4 games in the past week or so (3 of which are 4e). There are new games starting all the time and some of the ongoing games are open if you just talk to the GM.

YMMV I suppose.

cresley
09-25-2008, 12:08 PM
I've joined 4 games in the past week or so (3 of which are 4e). There are new games starting all the time and some of the ongoing games are open if you just talk to the GM.

YMMV I suppose.

Can you post a link to a 4e pbp group that is starting? I'd like to get involved but it looks like they are all already running.

DeathByDM
09-25-2008, 12:14 PM
Here's one I'm in on. It's 4e with Final Fantasy as the setting. There's 3 or 4 slots left right now, so hurry!
http://unlimitedrpgs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3841

Check out the Out-of-Game discussions forum because that's where people usually talk about their games before they start them.

cresley
09-26-2008, 10:45 PM
Here's one I'm in on. It's 4e with Final Fantasy as the setting. There's 3 or 4 slots left right now, so hurry!
http://unlimitedrpgs.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=3841

Check out the Out-of-Game discussions forum because that's where people usually talk about their games before they start them.

where is the Out-of-Game discussion forum? Can you post a link to it?

DeathByDM
09-29-2008, 06:13 AM
http://www.unlimitedrpgs.com/forums/viewforum.php?f=7