PDA

View Full Version : New stuff in KotOR Campaign Guide

Inquisitor Tremayne
09-09-2008, 08:23 AM
Anyone start using anything from this book yet?

I am going to try to build my character using several things from this book. So far the only thing I am using is the Improved Rapid Strike feat, yay for more damage!

Thriondel Half-Elven
09-09-2008, 05:23 PM

I am going to try to build my character using several things from this book. So far the only thing I am using is the Improved Rapid Strike feat, yay for more damage!

i'm using everything!!! woohoo!!!

But ya i absolutely love KOTOR. (just started playing the xbox game again:biggrin:)

specifically i have used the Sith Trooper and the Jedi Civil War story backround.

Webhead
09-09-2008, 05:37 PM
Haven't used anything from the book yet. I'm kinda saving it for a KotOR/Tales campaign if ever I run one...add a little extra "kick" to the game that the players don't get from the Rise of the Empire campaign.

Thriondel Half-Elven
09-09-2008, 05:56 PM
Haven't used anything from the book yet. I'm kinda saving it for a KotOR/Tales campaign if ever I run one...add a little extra "kick" to the game that the players don't get from the Rise of the Empire campaign.

you don't run play by post do you?

me and chi would love to play!!!

Webhead
09-09-2008, 06:01 PM
you don't run play by post do you?

me and chi would love to play!!!

Curse you! Tempting me like that! ;)

I will seriously consider something like that if you two are interested. I am running my Avatar PbP currently, but it is hard to resist an invitation to run Star Wars on the side. PM me with what is on your minds and I will be happy to discuss the possibilities further.

vadersson
09-10-2008, 02:14 PM
Webhead,

How exactly does PbP work? I would love to get some more playing in, but I don't know what is involved in play by post. Can someone explain it to me?

(Call me a Noob. I think I just lost all my l33t credits.)

Thanks,
Duncan

Webhead
09-10-2008, 03:25 PM
Webhead,

How exactly does PbP work? I would love to get some more playing in, but I don't know what is involved in play by post. Can someone explain it to me?

(Call me a Noob. I think I just lost all my l33t credits.)

Thanks,
Duncan

PbP role play is handled similarly to table top in that the GM often establishes the scene and action with one post and then each player takes a turn describing their actions and dialog. Since PbP is not done in "real time" but rather as a series of round-robin posting, it takes considerably longer to run than table top. Depending on how many players you have and how tightly you are conforming to game rules, detailed combats can take weeks or months to resolve.

Some game systems are more advantageous than others for running PbP. I'm currently running a PbP game using the rules-lite Wushu system based on the cartoon series Avatar: The Last Airbender. Feel free to take a look at the PbP section of the forums for many examples of what PbPs can look like.

They can be a lot of fun if you can keep a steady pace. The main advantage (obviously) is that not all players need to be in the same place at the same time to play, like table top or chat-based games. Thus, you can effectively game with people who have conflicting schedules with little problem.

Jedi Viktor
10-04-2008, 03:39 AM

Well haven't gotten a game going yet but im building a KOTOR campaign right now. One of my players is making a Mandalorian Crusader. (He likes to play the big guy with gun type characters/knock down door, kill people, repeat). Since I've played the games its helped my imagination quite a bit.

masterjudge
10-15-2008, 03:51 PM
I have used species from the book, but besides that i haven't gotten a chance to run a KotOR campaign yet though. I'm planning on running a post-jedi civil war era game soon. I'm very excited to use the Sith and Mandalorians in a campaign.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-15-2008, 04:51 PM
I am using some Mandalorians (always makes me want to call them Delorians!) in my current Infinities Dark Times campaign.

One of my players, the soldier, has found himself on Dantooine with a clan of Mando's. He bested one of their warriors in Hand to Hand and has earned their respect.