PDA

View Full Version : Message Endorsements

Anodyzed
09-06-2008, 04:24 PM
ON another website I am subscribed to, there is a way to click a small icon at the top of a message to 'endorse' it.

They call it "nominate this message to the "Best of" category' but really its about showing agreement with the post, or appreciation of the post. It shows the poster some others agree or like what was posted.

To be honest, this entails limiting just how many 'votes' each person has each day. And while I probably don't vote on more than one or two in a day, I'm sure there are some people who use all 10 / 8 / 6 (not sure how many we really get) of their votes EVERY day.

And certainly some folk think of these as a popularity contest, but the spirit of it is just a way to show someone who puts up a lengthy, THOUGHTFUL, helpful post that you appreciate what they posted.

I hate programming, so I don't have ANY idea how hard such a mod would be, but the recent question the GM thread has really shown me some amazing posts, VERY well thought out, and yet aside from posting a small "WAY TO GO" which does NOT lend anything to the discussion, I have no way to tell the posters I appreciate their posts.

Just a thought, it might be a handy way to show 'endorsement' of a post as a thank you.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
09-06-2008, 05:03 PM
Interesting idea. Basically, a poster could get an "awareness" credit for going above and beyond on his or her posts? If i'm mistaken, what site are you speaking of so as i can check it out.

Thoth-Amon

cplmac
09-06-2008, 05:26 PM
Anodyzed, you could always send a quick PM (private message) to that person and tell them that you liked a particular post. I believe that everyone is able to do this, although if you have just recently joined the site, (I think that it is considered to be new for the first 30 days), there is a limit to the number of PMs that you can send in a given 24 hour time frame.

rabkala
09-11-2008, 10:32 PM
I am Rab-Ka-La and I endorsed this message!

*paid for by by the Neo-facist green party for president :confused:

cplmac
09-14-2008, 08:37 PM
:lol:

Just way too funny, Rab!