PDA

View Full Version : OOC Discussion

Webhead
08-27-2008, 02:20 PM
Welcome, all, to the Avatar Wushu OOC thread. Feel free to post your questions, comments, requests and ideas here.

boulet
08-27-2008, 04:14 PM
May I join ? I don't have any Wushu documentation, how much of a pain is this going to be ?

I'm impatient to read more about the adventure you're planning.

Webhead
08-27-2008, 04:17 PM
May I join ? I don't have any Wushu documentation, how much of a pain is this going to be ?

I'm impatient to read more about the adventure you're planning.

Sure! As far as a little Wushu reading, visit the following site to get a basic understanding of the core Wushu rules. As always, I'm here to answer any questions you may have.

www.bayn.org/wushu/wushu-open.html (http://www.bayn.org/wushu/wushu-open.html)

nijineko
08-27-2008, 05:32 PM
i've heard that wushu is fun, so i'm tempted.... and i've actually somehow never managed to watch the avatar series, so it would be interesting to play. eventually, i'll rectify that. plus the name is one of my favorite retro games for the pc. so lots of reasons to be tempted to ask to join!

is it anything like feng shui? i've enjoyed playing that one.

but let me read over the link you gave first, at least. then we will see.

Ben Rostoker
08-27-2008, 06:18 PM
I wish to join.

boulet
08-27-2008, 08:57 PM
Sure! As far as a little Wushu reading, visit the following site to get a basic understanding of the core Wushu rules. As always, I'm here to answer any questions you may have.

www.bayn.org/wushu/wushu-open.html (http://www.bayn.org/wushu/wushu-open.html)
That was a quick read ! Straight to the point ! It's pretty much a "story game" from what I read.

I've got to watch a few more episodes of Avatar. I've only seen a dozen so far and I'd hate to be out of genre during the game :)

boulet
08-27-2008, 09:17 PM
So what themes and moods are you looking forward to exploring in this game ? If this get defined it would help a great deal to shape up character concepts.

Or maybe you're looking for players input about the style of game they want ? We could make a list of themes and start a poll !

OK, OK, you're the GM, I let you do your thing. I'm just being impatient :D

Elbryon
08-27-2008, 10:25 PM
I enjoy the Avatar series very much so I will be interested in seeing how this plays out good luck to you.

Webhead
08-27-2008, 11:12 PM
So what themes and moods are you looking forward to exploring in this game ? If this get defined it would help a great deal to shape up character concepts.

Or maybe you're looking for players input about the style of game they want ? We could make a list of themes and start a poll !

OK, OK, you're the GM, I let you do your thing. I'm just being impatient :D

Well, the game will begin at the very outset of Fire Lord Sozin's waging of the Great War against the other nations, 100 years before the show begins. One of the major themes will be the drastic change from the "old world" of peace and harmony, to the "new world" seized by chaos and the Fire Nation's imperialism. It will be about standing up and defending against oppression and tyranny. It will be about hope and heroism and about remaining steadfast through adversity. In essence, it is about enforcing the balance of the natural order.

If playing a Bender, characters may be Waterbenders, Earthbenders or Airbenders, though Firebenders are not likely unless there is a compelling backstory as to why the Firebender has turned against his own kind.

Please let me know if you have additional questions that can help begin to shape things.

boulet
08-28-2008, 11:10 AM
Great ! Between this description and the campaign material I feel like I have all I need for my character creation (soon to come).

Did you write the campaign material ?

Webhead
08-28-2008, 11:46 AM
Great ! Between this description and the campaign material I feel like I have all I need for my character creation (soon to come).

Did you write the campaign material ?

Not truly. Parts of it are written by me and parts are copied, reorganized and edited from various sources of Avatar knowledge to form a cohesive, useful whole.

nijineko
08-28-2008, 03:37 PM
well done, and nicely complemeted by the pictures. ^^

Webhead
08-28-2008, 03:49 PM
well done, and nicely complemeted by the pictures. ^^

Thank you! I'm enjoying putting all this stuff together!

nijineko
08-28-2008, 03:59 PM
i think i would like to join, after all.

but now i'm confused by the traits.... you said 6 points for traits, but i guess it's not one-for-one? i'll go reread the material again....

found it. ^^

Webhead
08-28-2008, 04:34 PM
I was wanting to keep the player roster to no more than 2 at first in order to facilitate a faster rhythm of the game (being PbP). As Ben Rostoker and Boulet were the first two to express their desire to play, I'd like to run with them as my player base for the time being.

However, as the game develops, there may certainly be the possibility of adding additional players to the game, so I encourage you to follow the events and lend me your feedback if you are so inclined. The last thing I want to do is stifle enthusiasm, so I'd be interested to hear yours. Also, if a spot should open up for any reason, I will let you know first thing.

nijineko
08-28-2008, 05:48 PM
righteo. i can be contacted by pm, im, and email. =D

boulet
09-03-2008, 10:39 PM
I hope my humble first post doesn't bring shame to venerable Webhead sensei !

Webhead
09-04-2008, 09:16 AM
Excellent form! You learn quick, young pupil! :)

Now just waiting to see what Ben has to add!

boulet
09-04-2008, 03:24 PM
Just came back from emergency thanks to a kidney stone. I'm now waiting for the little bugger to get out naturally... peeing through a strainer (ouch)

I don't wish this kind of pain to anyone, even to the meanest bastich of the Fire Nation !

I should be able to keep up with the game, insha'allah

Webhead
09-04-2008, 05:09 PM
Just came back from emergency thanks to a kidney stone. I'm now waiting for the little bugger to get out naturally... peeing through a strainer (ouch)

I don't wish this kind of pain to anyone, even to the meanest bastich of the Fire Nation !

I should be able to keep up with the game, insha'allah

I know your pain. Same thing happened to me about 3 years ago. Luckily, it happened on a Sunday morning and there was nobody in the ER. Funny thing is, it never passed and I've never had any pain or discomfort since. Best of luck with your "kidney goblin". ;)

Ben Rostoker
09-04-2008, 05:26 PM
Posted but I think my dice rolling might have messed up... I can't see the results.

Webhead
09-04-2008, 05:34 PM
Posted but I think my dice rolling might have messed up... I can't see the results.

No prob. I'll check on it.

boulet
09-05-2008, 05:28 PM
The air tribe ships ? Where is the sake ? I want some too :)

Webhead
09-05-2008, 05:47 PM
The air tribe ships ? Where is the sake ? I want some too :)

I'm guessing he meant "Water Tribe". ;) I'll fix it.

Also, there's only 1 Water Tribe ship on the scene, the other was turned around to sail for home and report their discovery.

Ben Rostoker
09-05-2008, 06:19 PM
I'm guessing he meant "Water Tribe". ;) I'll fix it.

Also, there's only 1 Water Tribe ship on the scene, the other was turned around to sail for home and report their discovery.

Sorry. Thanks for the fix.

boulet
09-08-2008, 07:10 AM
Sorry for the delay guys. I'll post my actions tonight.

Webhead
09-08-2008, 08:53 AM
Sorry for the delay guys. I'll post my actions tonight.

No worries. I look forward to reading it.

Ben Rostoker
09-08-2008, 07:38 PM
Exsepct a delay/slowdown on my Avatar posts for a little while as my internet is down. Hopefully this is will fixed within a day or two. Thanks for your understanding.

boulet
09-08-2008, 09:11 PM
I hope my last actions are relevant to the secondary goal !

Webhead
09-10-2008, 10:58 AM
I hope my last actions are relevant to the secondary goal !

Very cool.

Exsepct a delay/slowdown on my Avatar posts for a little while as my internet is down. Hopefully this is will fixed within a day or two. Thanks for your understanding.

No problem. Hope you get eveything resolved. I know I've got more than my share of computer problems right now (my main PC is plagued with spyware and my CD and DVD drives don't work as I think my slave cable is burned out from being too close to the power supply, and I had to reinstall Win XP on my daughter's laptop and now it's not connecting to the internet, so I need to go dig out Toshiba's drivers and burn them to disc so I can get it running again...ugh).

That said, to keep things going, if you aren't able to respond by next Monday, the 15th, I'll insert some narration for you to press the story on and you can jump back in again when you're able.

Ben Rostoker
09-11-2008, 04:55 PM
Internet fixed; will post tomorrow or later tonight to continue as I am tired atm. :)

Webhead
09-11-2008, 05:48 PM
Internet fixed; will post tomorrow or later tonight to continue as I am tired atm. :)

Great news. I look forward to it. Let the game commence!

boulet
09-15-2008, 10:15 PM
I've read my post again and again (#8). And I can't figure why my roll lead to Musashi loosing one Chi, unless the Yin toll was increased. I don't want to change the flow of the action, or the resulting number. But I'm puzzled and feel like there's something eluding me in the computation.

Webhead
09-16-2008, 12:39 AM
I've read my post again and again (#8). And I can't figure why my roll lead to Musashi loosing one Chi, unless the Yin toll was increased. I don't want to change the flow of the action, or the resulting number. But I'm puzzled and feel like there's something eluding me in the computation.

Sure, no problem. Allow me to clarify. In that turn, you used Aikido 4 as your applicable trait and declared 3 Yang to go toward the Secondary Goal and left 1 die for Yin. Counting Yin then Yang from left to right, the die rolls were Yin (6) and Yang (2, 5 and 2). Since the trait value is 4, all dice rolling equal or less than 4 succeed. This creates 0 Yin successes and 2 Yang. The 2 Yang reduce the Secondary Goal by 2 points and because the Yin Toll of the Fire Army is 1 and no Yin successes were rolled, 1 Chi is lost to pay that toll.

I hope that clarifies. It might have been a misunderstanding on the "Yin first, then Yang from left to right" process. I tried to call this out in the "General Rules" thread, but it might not have been effectively expressed. I wanted to develop a method for that before the game started to keep it easy to know which dice are which. Typically in a "live" Wushu game, the Yin and Yang dice will be different colors to help seperate them. The "left to right" rule seemed to be a decent approach for an online game.

Let me know if there are questions or concerns. As always, I'm here to help. Oh, and cool post by the way. Nice use of the flashback! ;)

boulet
09-16-2008, 07:09 AM
It might have been a misunderstanding on the "Yin first, then Yang from left to right" process.
Yeah that's what I missed. I thought the order that I declared the dice was of any matter. But it's fine this way.

Let me know if there are questions or concerns. As always, I'm here to help. Oh, and cool post by the way. Nice use of the flashback! ;)
I'm trying, I'm trying :)

Webhead
09-16-2008, 09:56 PM
Likewise, I will clarify as well (with regard to situations of multiple goals) that Yang dice will be assigned from left to right starting with the Primary goal, then Secondary goal and so on. Thus, dice rolls will be assigned: Yin/Primary Yang/Secondary Yang/etc.

Hope that does not confuse.

Webhead
09-16-2008, 11:19 PM
Man, with all the sixes you guys are rolling, it's a shame I'm not running a D6 Star Wars campaign... :)

boulet
09-16-2008, 11:22 PM
It's not so much the 6s that I'm afraid of : whatever your score 6 is always a failure anyway... I'm having second thoughts about not having a better score in water bending :) Only 50% chances success is pretty lame

Webhead
09-16-2008, 11:39 PM
It's not so much the 6s that I'm afraid of : whatever your score 6 is always a failure anyway... I'm having second thoughts about not having a better score in water bending :) Only 50% chances success is pretty lame

Yes, that's why I am considering allowing some "tweaking" as a form of character advancement. To shift some points around as characters develop and change over the course of the game. As your character focuses more on his Waterbending for example, that ability might increase at the cost of reducing another ability. Conceptually, this decrease is not "your character getting worse at something", but rather, it means that the ability is becoming less important to influencing the story than it was previously.

We shall experiment with this in the near future to find out how best to work it.

boulet
09-16-2008, 11:49 PM
Conceptually, this decrease is not "your character getting worse at something", but rather, it means that the ability is becoming less important to influencing the story than it was previously.
Yeah that's a concept that's percolating very slowly into my rusty brain : the numbers in a narrative game aren't there to represent a "realistic" aspect of a character but rather embodies the desire of the player about what the story should be about and how he's going to influence it. It's tough to change sometimes :)

Webhead
09-17-2008, 11:52 AM
Yeah that's a concept that's percolating very slowly into my rusty brain : the numbers in a narrative game aren't there to represent a "realistic" aspect of a character but rather embodies the desire of the player about what the story should be about and how he's going to influence it. It's tough to change sometimes :)

Exactly! Very well put!

If Musashi's Aikido trait were to decrease from "4" to "3" for instance, that doesn't mean he gets "worse" at Aikido (in fact, based upon the player's descriptions, he might even get "better"), it just means that Aikido is less important to advancing the story and thus it has less "narrative power" by way of lower trait rating.

One of my favorite things about Wushu is how interpretive, flexible and abstract its numbers are. It's not something that most games do. SotC/FATE is another great example of a game system built around the concept of a character's "narrative power".

Ben Rostoker
09-17-2008, 10:43 PM
Posted; used the Guile skill due to it being the closest thing to what he uses in the post (thinking, trying to regain strength, and luck).

Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess Hunting is not going to be a huge concern in this game. lol A really different character system then I'm used to.

Webhead
09-17-2008, 10:46 PM
Posted; used the Guile skill due to it being the closest thing to what he uses in the post (thinking, trying to regain strength, and luck).

Yeah I'm gonna go out on a limb here and guess Hunting is not going to be a huge concern in this game. lol A really different character system then I'm used to.

As the game progresses, if you find there are traits that aren't really seeing use or that don't work the way you thought they would, please let me know and we'll work something out. We're trying to have fun here, so I want to give you guys ample opportunity to do so. :)

Oh, and the "Hunter" trait could certainly be useful. Afterall, a hunter does a lot more than kill animals. ;)

boulet
09-19-2008, 07:07 AM
Yesterday night we started a new D&D4e game, that's why I'm late on the PbP. Sorry for the delay guys !

Is it me or is our game a wee bit bloodier than the animated series :) ?

Webhead
09-19-2008, 09:09 AM
...Is it me or is our game a wee bit bloodier than the animated series :) ?

I've tried to avoid gratuitous descriptions of injury and gore to keep things from becoming "R" rated, but even if there's not really "blood" that I can recall in the show, there is some pretty overt and mature indications of the violence going on in the story. Zuko's face his half-covered in a permanent burn scar, the skeletons of several monks are shown at one point, etc.

But as long as we're having fun, I'm enjoying the descriptions so far and nothing has gone beyond the bounds of reason. :)

boulet
09-19-2008, 01:20 PM
Nothing really related to our Avatar game but I saw this Marvel-Wushu (http://ozbot.typepad.com/FlipsideRPG_condensed.pdf) reinterpretation somewhere else. It looks a bit crunchy though. I'm not into super heroes much but I thought you might be interested

Webhead
09-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Nothing really related to our Avatar game but I saw this Marvel-Wushu (http://ozbot.typepad.com/FlipsideRPG_condensed.pdf) reinterpretation somewhere else. It looks a bit crunchy though. I'm not into super heroes much but I thought you might be interested

Wow! I've never seen this before! Thanks for the link.

I love super hero RPGs (and almost never get to play them, which is very frustrating) and I loved the old MSH game, so I'll have to take a closer look and see how this game really works.

As you said, it looks a little hefty on extra rules at first glance, but I'll dig deeper and see what it's all about.

I always thought that Wushu would also be a great system for supers games. This might be the inspiration I need to continue looking in that direction.

Webhead
09-20-2008, 12:23 AM
Excellent form in your last post by the way, Boulet. I liked you taking a little creative control of Bato to enhance the drama and very cleverly done on taking previously established descriptions and turning them into fuel for your own.

boulet
09-20-2008, 12:40 AM
* Bows to his master *

I've got it easy : I answer your posts every time. And it might be a bit unfair for Ben by the way. Next time you post he might want to take the initiative. What do you think Ben ?

But yeah it was tempting to go tooth for tooth with those holy hand grenade of Antioch :D Man I'm very glad we play Wushu PbP, it probably doesn't show but I consult online dictionaries a lot. I think tabletop Wushu must be quite difficult. I don't know if I could pull it off.

Webhead
09-20-2008, 10:49 AM
* Bows to his master *

I've got it easy : I answer your posts every time. And it might be a bit unfair for Ben by the way. Next time you post he might want to take the initiative. What do you think Ben ?

Yeah, that's an interesting idea. You guys can even switch off who goes first if you like. As long as everyone is having fun.

Ben Rostoker
09-20-2008, 12:09 PM
No problem. I just wanted to keep the turn times constant. I'll go first next if you'd like.

And yeah, great post. :)

PS: Sorry but I seem to have forgotten what declaring coup de grace entails. A reminder please?

Webhead
09-20-2008, 09:44 PM
PS: Sorry but I seem to have forgotten what declaring coup de grace entails. A reminder please?

Sure. Coup de Grace is a form of bonus narrative that a player gets when they have successfully completed a goal or scene. It allows the player in question to declare how the goal or scene resolves.

Since Kiuy's actions completed the Secondary Goal, you get to announce how that goal is wrapped up and can include it as part of your next set of descriptions.

Let me know if you need an example to help.

Webhead
09-23-2008, 03:20 PM
I'll wait until EOD Friday for your post, Ben, and then I'll move forward and you can feel free to jump in when you can.

Ben Rostoker
09-23-2008, 10:20 PM
I'll wait until EOD Friday for your post, Ben, and then I'll move forward and you can feel free to jump in when you can.

Okay; sorry just had allot of homework. I will be posted long before friday.

Webhead
09-29-2008, 10:53 AM
Sorry for the lag. Busy weekend. I will be posting soon to get things moving again.

boulet
10-01-2008, 09:05 PM
Sorry : I clicked post instead of preview when I wasn't completely done with the description. But now I have the best roll in a long time and it looks like I was cheating :) I swear it's the first roll !

Webhead
10-01-2008, 11:07 PM
No worries. ;)

boulet
10-15-2008, 08:15 PM
A bit of a lame post for me, but I couldn't read your intentions on this Webhead, so I preferred to leave it open.

And welcome Muslix !

Webhead
10-16-2008, 09:27 AM
No problem. As always, if there are questions or clarification needed, just ask.

boulet
10-16-2008, 10:01 AM
oh yeah : who is Taki ? Is it the name of the commander ?

Webhead
10-16-2008, 10:46 AM
oh yeah : who is Taki ? Is it the name of the commander ?

I put the name "Taki" originally as the commander's name, but I used the wrong name and thus changed it to "Lao". So...

The Fire Nation commander is named Lao.

The komodo-riding sergeant's name has not yet been revealed.

Lao and a handful of forces are standing their ground against the Water Tribe and the scouts went back to the village to round up the other Fire Nation soldiers and all the Earth Kingdom prisoners that they've taken and are moving them into the forest.

Edit: I have rephrased the prose of my last description a little bit to clarify. The original was simply poorly worded. My apologies. I hope the new prose clears things up.

Webhead
10-16-2008, 10:54 AM
If either of you would like to edit your responses in relation to this clarification, please let me know and feel free.

MuslixtheMighty
10-16-2008, 11:52 AM
Just letting you know that I am not editing my post. None of your changes seemed to affect it and thanks Boulet.

MuslixtheMighty
10-23-2008, 12:37 PM
Sorry about the post taking so long. I had writer's block and felt a little over whelmed how I had control over anyone and everyone. I hope my epic battle is worthy :D

boulet
10-23-2008, 12:54 PM
Good job Muslix, that surely was epic.

I surely enjoy a good old battle, but I'm glad we're going to have a bit of social roleplay for a change :)

Webhead
10-23-2008, 01:43 PM
Indeed. Well done!

MuslixtheMighty
10-24-2008, 04:09 PM
I like to think how this is 100 years before the series takes place and there is still major balance between the four elements, that the bending abilities kind be of legendary perportions.

Webhead
10-24-2008, 04:23 PM
I like to think how this is 100 years before the series takes place and there is still major balance between the four elements, that the bending abilities kind be of legendary perportions.

Aye. I'm interested to tell the story of the world as it goes from balance and harmony to aggression and tyranny.

Webhead
10-29-2008, 09:47 AM
I haven't heard anything from you guys in a while, so I hope everything is alright. I look forward to your next posts and, as always, feel free to pick my brain if there's something you need.

boulet
10-29-2008, 09:54 AM
I've been thinking about my next post since yesterday. It's still an unwritten draft so far :) I'll try and make it something cool tonight.

Webhead
10-29-2008, 09:57 AM
I've been thinking about my next post since yesterday. It's still an unwritten draft so far :) I'll try and make it something cool tonight.

:thumb:

MuslixtheMighty
10-29-2008, 02:15 PM
Sorry about my kinda weak post. I don't see Jin being someone to run over to the others as they try to figure out what is going on or where they are going next.

Oh and if you have the raiders or other fire nation soldiers find his parents shack, you can do as you please.

boulet
11-01-2008, 09:07 PM
Boy, was my post that bad ? :)

Webhead
11-02-2008, 06:41 PM
Boy, was my post that bad ? :)

Of course not! Just a busy week for me. I'll post soon. ;)

boulet
11-14-2008, 08:44 AM
I don't know if Muslix feel the same as I do but I'm kind of shy at this point of the game. I have the intuition that Webhead is pointing his finger toward a general direction but I'm not sure if I'm supposed to watch the finger or the Moon it's pointing to.

What is your plan Webhead ? What direction would you like the story to take now ? All out attack of the Fire Nation army with a couple of fishermen boats ? Or maybe something a little more like infiltration ? Are we missing a hook for an alternative development ?

I know I should feel excited by all this freedom to choose, but I'm still quite deferential to GMs narrative authority... difficult to change after many years.

Webhead
11-14-2008, 11:46 AM
True, I didn't think that by keeping the narrative path open to your direct influence would be so intimidating, but I suppose it does trip up the more conventional notion of the GM "hook, line and sinker" style of plot progression. Wushu demands a little more from the players in terms of driving things forward, but it does so by encouraging them to take a more active role in the direction that the game takes. Wushu players have to be a little more proactive than in more traditional RPGs.

Essentially, I was giving the players the scenario and then letting you draw your own conclusions about where you feel you need to go and how you need to go about it. In an effort to hopefully clear back some of the fog of apprehension, perhaps I'll enumerate the major elements that we know are taking place at this moment:

* The beachhead has been subdued and Commander Lao and a handful of his troops captured.

* According to Lao's orders to the scout leader, the Earth Kingdom prisoners were taken to a camp that is somewhere inland, within the forest to the east.

* The Commander mentioned that a fleet of Fire Nation ships was advancing on the Earth Kingdom city of Taku, which is a few days ride south along the coast (faster by ship). The Earth Kingdom is known for its ability to endure hardship and is thus likely to be able to hold their own against Fire Nation invaders, but there is no telling the exact size of the approaching fleet.

* The Commander also mentioned that the ships that departed to the west are on their way to the Western Air Temple, presumably with ill intent and should reach their shores by nightfall (it is currently approaching dusk). As a spiritual and peace-loving people, it is known that the Air Nomads have no standing army, though the Air Temples are rumored to be unreachable except by airbenders and sky bison. How the Fire Nation plans to reach the temple itself is unknown.

* The second Water Tribe ship is on its return trip home to warn of the Fire Nation's advance and likely send scout ships to check on the fate of the ship that was left behind.

I hope that helps to give some ideas. This is Wushu! Be bold and don't be afraid to add the kinds of narrative and story direction that you want to see happen in the game. It takes some getting used to, but I think once you "get" it, you'll feel liberated and energized.

As always, if you need some advice, guidance or examples, let me know.

boulet
11-14-2008, 01:19 PM
Good, good, good. I completely agree with the pro-active player stance and the claim for players responsibility. I'm very glad for the summary of the general events though, it's easier to wrap my mind around these bullet points than to peruse the whole Day of the Comet thread :)

I'm ready to push the story in a direction that I would enjoy. No problem. Still I'd rather be explicit and discuss OOC what my preference is so Muslix and you could say "hey wait ! I really don't care for your choice, I don't want to go to the Air Temple part of the plot, I'd rather go and defend Taku city !" So IMHO it's not bad that we discuss it a bit before hand.

My preference in term of where the next action should be is the forest to the East and the prisoner camp.

Pros :

it should be the closest hot spot to where we are
people of the village should be keen on joining us because it concerns people they care for
there is an obvious benefit if we overcome the Fire forces there : the prisoners

cons :

strategically it's probably not the most important part of the Fire Nation action plan
we get away from the sea and it might take a bit long to reach other hot spots from there

So Muslix what's your opinion ? What type of confrontations/challenges are you looking for ?

PS : I'm looking for inserting Musashi's divination skill inside the narrative so much, it looks like the right moment to do just that :)

Edit : oh and another thing I'm looking for is to take Commander Lao with us and develop a sub-plot between him and us. I'd very much like to see the guy evolve from "utterly lawful to his Nation" to "I have doubts" in a Stockholm syndrome type of way, that would be neat.

Webhead
11-14-2008, 01:33 PM
...I'm ready to push the story in a direction that I would enjoy. No problem. Still I'd rather be explicit and discuss OOC what my preference is so Muslix and you could say "hey wait ! I really don't care for your choice, I don't want to go to the Air Temple part of the plot, I'd rather go and defend Taku city !" So IMHO it's not bad that we discuss it a bit before hand...

Absolutely! I think using the OOC forum as a sounding board for exactly this kind of thing is a fantastic idea. I hadn't really thought about it that way, but I owe you many thanks for bring this notion to the forefront. I look forward to this! :D

...PS : I'm looking for inserting Musashi's divination skill inside the narrative so much, it looks like the right moment to do just that :)...

Very cool!

Edit : oh and another thing I'm looking for is to take Commander Lao with us and develop a sub-plot between him and us. I'd very much like to see the guy evolve from "utterly lawful to his Nation" to "I have doubts" in a Stockholm syndrome type of way, that would be neat.

Also an excellent idea. Yes, please tell me about ideas like this regarding possibilities you see for the future of the game.

This whole discussion has me very excited!