PDA

View Full Version : Starting a Charecter

Chi
08-25-2008, 01:48 PM
I started making my charecter last night and I could not find any Togruta (Shaak Ti). So can I still play that race and if so how would I make stats. If no one knows it is fine I will just play as cathar.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-25-2008, 02:17 PM
I started making my charecter last night and I could not find any Togruta (Shaak Ti). So can I still play that race and if so how would I make stats. If no one knows it is fine I will just play as cathar.
Tamerath, on these boards, is a huge Star Wars fan/player/GM, as i am sure many, many folks here are on these boards.

Calling Tamerath, some help here?

You can find him(Eric) on my friends list if you want to give him a write.

Thoth-Amon

Chi
08-25-2008, 02:24 PM
Tamerath, on these boards, is a huge Star Wars fan/player/GM, as i am sure many, many folks here are on these boards.

Calling Tamerath, some help here?

You can find him(Eric) on my friends list if you want to give him a write.

Thoth-Amon

Thank you, I went ahead and Left him a Visitor message. I don't know that he will reply to it but I hope he does.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-25-2008, 03:55 PM
Thank you, I went ahead and Left him a Visitor message. I don't know that he will reply to it but I hope he does.
Eric is a cool guy. He will respond to a fellow gamer, no question.

Thoth-Amon

Webhead
08-25-2008, 04:23 PM
Based on a really hasty conversion from the Ultimate Alien Anthology, here's some stats for the Togruta species:

Ability Modifiers: +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Wis

Spatial Awareness: Togruta can sense their surroundings using a form of passive echolocation. If a togruta is blinded or otherwise unable to see a target due to concealment, they can make a Perception check (DC 15) to retain their Dex bonus to Reflex Defense against those targets. They are still effective "blind" and thus take all other normally associated penalties.

Stealth: Togruta are naturally adept at hiding and may reroll any Stealth check, though the result of the reroll must be accepted, even if it is worse.

Hope that helps! :)

Chi
08-25-2008, 04:45 PM
Based on a really hasty conversion from the Ultimate Alien Anthology, here's some stats for the Togruta species:

Ability Modifiers: +2 Dex, -2 Con, +2 Wis

Spatial Awareness: Togruta can sense their surroundings using a form of passive echolocation. If a togruta is blinded or otherwise unable to see a target due to concealment, they can make a Perception check (DC 15) to retain their Dex bonus to Reflex Defense against those targets. They are still effective "blind" and thus take all other normally associated penalties.

Stealth: Togruta are naturally adept at hiding and may reroll any Stealth check, though the result of the reroll must be accepted, even if it is worse.

Hope that helps! :)
Yes it is a big help thank you so much! Maybe I will have to find another campain near me so I can play both charecters. Has anyone played as a cathar? What do you guys usually play as?

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-25-2008, 04:59 PM
Yes it is a big help thank you so much! Maybe I will have to find another campain near me so I can play both charecters. Has anyone played as a cathar? What do you guys usually play as?

some times it is hard to pick one rce/species

Chi
08-25-2008, 05:39 PM
some times it is hard to pick one rce/species
Hence the reason I would like to play to different Campains

Tamerath
08-26-2008, 04:45 AM
Thoth-Amon you make me blush! hehehe, Chi I got your message but I see that Webhead's already got you covered on the Torgruta race. The thing is I am a HUGE star wars geek BUT...lol...I couldn't get into SAGA edition of Star Wars. Maybe this will change in the future...who knows...but if you have a question on the old out of print d6 Star Wars Roleplaying by West End Games I can help you out with those questions. Good Luck in your Game guys

Chi
08-26-2008, 10:34 AM
Thoth-Amon you make me blush! hehehe, Chi I got your message but I see that Webhead's already got you covered on the Torgruta race. The thing is I am a HUGE star wars geek BUT...lol...I couldn't get into SAGA edition of Star Wars. Maybe this will change in the future...who knows...but if you have a question on the old out of print d6 Star Wars Roleplaying by West End Games I can help you out with those questions. Good Luck in your Game guys
Thank you so much I think we may start one old d6 ones so I will let you know.

canadiansatan
08-29-2008, 12:52 AM

I spotted Cathar when I got my KOTOR and REALLY want to play a Cathar character. I'm currently GMing, so I'll have to wait.

Either martial artist or jedi/melee duelist

Chi
08-29-2008, 10:12 AM
I spotted Cathar when I got my KOTOR and REALLY want to play a Cathar character. I'm currently GMing, so I'll have to wait.

Either martial artist or jedi/melee duelist
I am doing a jedi cathar and I just love her. Since we don't really know anyone around here and we are just starting out I decided to make 4 charecters, while my fiance is the GM. So I made a Togruta Jedi, a Ewok Scoundrel, a Gungan Soldier, and then my Cathar Jedi. Never played more than one charecter at a time, but I think it is an awsome idea cause I never know what I want to play so now I can try them all.

canadiansatan
08-30-2008, 01:40 PM
I am doing a jedi cathar and I just love her. Since we don't really know anyone around here and we are just starting out I decided to make 4 charecters, while my fiance is the GM. So I made a Togruta Jedi, a Ewok Scoundrel, a Gungan Soldier, and then my Cathar Jedi. Never played more than one charecter at a time, but I think it is an awsome idea cause I never know what I want to play so now I can try them all.

I've tried that in old dnd games. My main character and their cohort, along with some low level followers. It never worked because we had 5 or 6 players, so if I had more than one it just added to the super long rounds.

I could see it working if you had a very small group.

Inquisitor Tremayne
09-01-2008, 06:57 PM
Are you using Saga Edition rules?

Currently there are not any "official" Togruta stats for Saga Edition. The Cathar however are listed in the new Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide.

RavingDork at the WotC boards has a document he made of converted species, you could look there as well.

Chi
09-02-2008, 11:21 AM
I've tried that in old dnd games. My main character and their cohort, along with some low level followers. It never worked because we had 5 or 6 players, so if I had more than one it just added to the super long rounds.

I could see it working if you had a very small group.
Yea it is just me and thriondel so a very small group, that is also why I thought it would work.

Currently there are not any "official" Togruta stats for Saga Edition. The Cathar however are listed in the new Knights of the Old Republic Campaign Guide.

RavingDork at the WotC boards has a document he made of converted species, you could look there as well.
Webhead gave me all the stats for a togruta earlier in this thread.

Thriondel Half-Elven
09-03-2008, 03:44 PM

ya we are using saga. and i have the KOTOR book too. but thanks. i will check out the RavingDork thing

Chi
09-03-2008, 03:53 PM
ya we are using saga. and i have the KOTOR book too. but thanks. i will check out the RavingDork thing
What is the togruta for then? Is it not saga?

Inquisitor Tremayne
09-03-2008, 03:57 PM
What is the togruta for then? Is it not saga?

I am assuming those stats are Webheads guess at what they would be in Saga edition.

Like I said, there are not any "official" stats for them yet. I imagine the Clone Wars book that comes out next year will have them. Or actually, possibly, the Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

Webhead
09-03-2008, 04:03 PM
I am assuming those stats are Webheads guess at what they would be in Saga edition.

Like I said, there are not any "official" stats for them yet. I imagine the Clone Wars book that comes out next year will have them. Or actually, possibly, the Force Unleashed Campaign Guide.

Yes, the stats I gave are not "official" per se, but they were my direct conversion to Saga from the "official" stats from the previous edition of d20 Star Wars, from the Ultimate Alien Anthology book. In any case, they will work perfectly fine in Saga Edition until "official" stats are released.

Fear not! You are safe, young padawan, Chi! ;)

Chi
09-03-2008, 04:11 PM
Yes, the stats I gave are not "official" per se, but they were my direct conversion to Saga from the "official" stats from the previous edition of d20 Star Wars, from the Ultimate Alien Anthology book. In any case, they will work perfectly fine in Saga Edition until "official" stats are released.

I am not worried at all, Even if they are not official, they will work just fine for me and my fiance. If I were in a grooup with other people than I probably would not want to use them!

Thriondel Half-Elven
09-03-2008, 04:11 PM

i just recently purchased the Ultimate Alien Anthology at Tacticon and i have to agree with Webhead. the stats he gave look pretty solid

vadersson
09-10-2008, 02:05 PM
It has been spoiled that the Togruta racial stats are in the Force Unleashed Campaign Guide. There is even a thread over at WOTCs forums that has the basic stats in them.

Thanks,
Duncan

Webhead
09-10-2008, 03:15 PM
It has been spoiled that the Togruta racial stats are in the Force Unleashed Campaign Guide. There is even a thread over at WOTCs forums that has the basic stats in them.

I noticed that as well. I wonder how close I was.

Chi
11-25-2008, 02:56 PM
Ok so I thought that I would just update everyone on what I decided, it has been awhile but we are finally getting started on this adventure! So our other player just dropped out so it is just me and the GM. I am now playing four charectors.
Female Togruta Jedi
Female Cathar Jedi
Male Gungan Soldir
Male Ewok Scoundrel
So far it is really fun but I don't know a lot about star wars and the gm says that it is fine but I wonder if I really do need to know more.
I know like tatoinee and dantoinee and places like that but he took me to a planet that I have never heard of, DO you think that I need to know more?

Webhead
11-25-2008, 03:46 PM
Ok so I thought that I would just update everyone on what I decided, it has been awhile but we are finally getting started on this adventure! So our other player just dropped out so it is just me and the GM. I am now playing four charectors.
Female Togruta Jedi
Female Cathar Jedi
Male Gungan Soldir
Male Ewok Scoundrel
So far it is really fun but I don't know a lot about star wars and the gm says that it is fine but I wonder if I really do need to know more.
I know like tatoinee and dantoinee and places like that but he took me to a planet that I have never heard of, DO you think that I need to know more?

I find that a little blissful ignorance for the players is not entirely a bad thing, because it can keep the players in the mind of their character and reacting to what the GM gives them rather than trying to think too far ahead of themselves.

That said, if the GM throws a few things at you that you're not familiar with and are curious and want to know more, there is one supreme resource to expand your Star Wars knowledge piece by piece:

http://www.wookieepedia.com/

Check it out, but don't worry about learning everything. There's far too much to the Star Wars universe to do that and part of the fun is discovering surprising new things. But it will give you an excellent way to help visualize certain ships, aliens or planets that your GM puts in front of you.

Inquisitor Tremayne
11-25-2008, 03:48 PM
Female Togruta Jedi
Female Cathar Jedi
Male Gungan Soldir
Male Ewok Scoundrel

The only thing I think that helps to know in Star Wars are the 6 films.

Part of the appeal of the Star Wars RPG is that you get to visit exciting, new, and alien locales as well as encounter different species, etc...

That for me as a GM is part of the fun I have, seeing the expression on players faces as they are awed by the new planets and sights that I take them to.

Fun, fun, fun!

So no, you don't need to know the ins and outs of every planet and every species. If you did I think you might find it rather boring, encountering what you know all the time.

Webhead
11-25-2008, 04:05 PM
The only thing I think that helps to know in Star Wars are the 6 films.

Part of the appeal of the Star Wars RPG is that you get to visit exciting, new, and alien locales as well as encounter different species, etc...

That for me as a GM is part of the fun I have, seeing the expression on players faces as they are awed by the new planets and sights that I take them to.

Fun, fun, fun!

So no, you don't need to know the ins and outs of every planet and every species. If you did I think you might find it rather boring, encountering what you know all the time.

Yes, yes...to Tremayne you listen! I too miss days of the oohhs and ahhs of my players as they encounter a strange planet for the first time, or see bizarre starship configurations and begin to wonder exactly what they're up against.

Chi
11-27-2008, 06:44 PM
That's good to know thanks guys!!