PDA

View Full Version : dawn of defiance

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-21-2008, 10:27 PM
what is the dawn of defiance? i am guessing a major and very famous campaign. seeing as everyone is playing it. or wants to

gdmcbride
08-21-2008, 11:06 PM
Dawn of Defiance (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/dodcampaign) is a free Star Wars Saga Edition campaign released by Wizards of the Coast that is supposed to take characters from first to twentieth level. It is being released in ten parts. It was supposed to be released monthly ... but ... well, it hasn't been. Instead, it has been plagued by delays. Still, what I've read of it isn't bad and its hard to complain about the price.

Currently, parts one through six are available at the link above.

Gary

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-21-2008, 11:58 PM
Dawn of Defiance (http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/dodcampaign) is a free Star Wars Saga Edition campaign released by Wizards of the Coast that is supposed to take characters from first to twentieth level. It is being released in ten parts. It was supposed to be released monthly ... but ... well, it hasn't been. Instead, it has been plagued by delays. Still, what I've read of it isn't bad and its hard to complain about the price.

Currently, parts one through six are available at the link above.

Gary

thanks gary

Inquisitor Tremayne
08-22-2008, 10:03 PM
I don't think I would recommend it to anyone just getting started playing Saga edition.

The adventures don't seem to scale very well to different party types and there is a lot of "new" material presented in the adventures that can be difficult to handle.

In addition there are a few side quests that are problematic and disrupt the main plot of the game.

It is a good story but I think as a GM (I'm playing as a player in a DoD game now, not GMing) you should read the entire adventure and "fix" any problems or holes or things you don't like.

Oh, and the xp is off also. To keep everyone on track you may need to give out free xp if the PCs miss an encounter.

I would give it a thorough reading and editing before running it.

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-22-2008, 10:21 PM
I don't think I would recommend it to anyone just getting started playing Saga edition.

The adventures don't seem to scale very well to different party types and there is a lot of "new" material presented in the adventures that can be difficult to handle.

In addition there are a few side quests that are problematic and disrupt the main plot of the game.

It is a good story but I think as a GM (I'm playing as a player in a DoD game now, not GMing) you should read the entire adventure and "fix" any problems or holes or things you don't like.

Oh, and the xp is off also. To keep everyone on track you may need to give out free xp if the PCs miss an encounter.

I would give it a thorough reading and editing before running it.

not sure about it yet. will probably make my own. i started a thread asking for ideas

canadiansatan
08-23-2008, 02:16 PM

As a GM I seldom calculate and distribute the "proper" amount of xp. If I've seen my players become challenged and have grown because of the encounter, I tell them to level up. This generally happens once per game session.

Inquisitor Tremayne
08-23-2008, 05:41 PM
As a GM I seldom calculate and distribute the "proper" amount of xp. If I've seen my players become challenged and have grown because of the encounter, I tell them to level up. This generally happens once per game session.

That's all well and good but unfortunately DoD has a strict set of guidelines that the group should adhere to if they are going to play it. Similar to RPGA guidelines.

Of course you don't HAVE to play by those rules but it would require more work on the GM to alter any future encounters if you level up the party too quickly using these adventures.

Home games yes, I tend to level the players when I need them to be a certain level and xp awards can simply be a formality at times.