PDA

View Full Version : Anyone interested in trying Warhammer?

mat
08-20-2008, 03:03 PM
Hi all,

Im looking to get a few friends started in Warhammer, and thought Id post here on the Dallas and Fort Worth boards to see if any of you might be interested as well.

To try to ease my friends into the game, what Id planned to do was have an escalation campaign. This begins with very small armies, allowing new players to learn the rules and tactics of the game at an easy pace, and keep it relatively inexpensive to get started. After everyone gets in some games and is feeling comfortable, you periodically bump up the point values, slowly and steadily building up your armies, one or two units at a time. The key here, since my friends are all married with children, is avoiding a large initial investment of time and money.

Were located in the Mid Cities area, and plan to play our games at the Games Workshop store in the Grapevine Mills Mall. The staff there is excellent, and unusually helpful to new players.

Post if youre interested, and well see if we can get a loose gaming group together.

mat

spotlight
08-20-2008, 03:59 PM
I have watched others play the game but never have played it myself. I hav eplayed other minituares games, from fantasy to historical, to futureistic. (SFB and Ogre/GEV). I would be interested in trying my hand at Warhammer, but G.V. M. is a bit for for me. Let me know how it goes, though.