PDA

View Full Version : Old Adventures and Ideas

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-16-2008, 10:27 PM
I want to hear about past adventures and campaigns that everyone has had. Be it really exciting or a lame one. I want to hear them all.

I need ideas for my adventures and would like to see what everyone else enjoyed. (and hated)

Dimthar
08-16-2008, 10:55 PM
Well I try to describe the world in a short post.

Theocratical City States in a heavy forest / Jungle world. Magic is irradiated from the center of the planet, sunlight negates/disipate the magic. Sun is dying so there are zones now that accumulate magic and explodes (This created mutants that are outcasts and live in the wild), specially in the Underdark.

Magic was put in the world as a gift from one of the Gods in defiance of the other gods (kinda like the Promethean Fire Legend)

Elves "Spelljammed" long time ago, when the Sun became Red Giant it shut-off all Planar-Travel. There are "Ships/Ruins". A Mindflyer Ship also crashed.

Arcane Magic Users gather the Magic, weave it and unleash the spell, but by doing so, they accumulate more magic in the area than the one they use, so there is a chance of having an explosion (the more you cast or the more powerfull is the spell, the more magic was accumulated in the area).

Geo-stationary Moon, the area under permanent eclipse is super-charged of Magic, in that zone also you find the Mithril..

drewshi
08-17-2008, 06:54 AM
In college I was running two campaigns in one setting. One group was good while the other was evil. The two groups didn't know about each other until the good group knew they had to do something about these horrible people they had heard about and wanted to hunt them down. They were surprised when the final confrontation came on and I had them enter from opposite sides of a room with a combat arena of the gaming table and their figures all set up.

The good guys tried to reason with the bad guys, but they wouldn't hear it. Sadly, evil triumphed oveer good.

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-17-2008, 02:41 PM
Well I try to describe the world in a short post.

Theocratical City States in a heavy forest / Jungle world. Magic is irradiated from the center of the planet, sunlight negates/disipate the magic. Sun is dying so there are zones now that accumulate magic and explodes (This created mutants that are outcasts and live in the wild), specially in the Underdark.

Magic was put in the world as a gift from one of the Gods in defiance of the other gods (kinda like the Promethean Fire Legend)

Elves "Spelljammed" long time ago, when the Sun became Red Giant it shut-off all Planar-Travel. There are "Ships/Ruins". A Mindflyer Ship also crashed.

Arcane Magic Users gather the Magic, weave it and unleash the spell, but by doing so, they accumulate more magic in the area than the one they use, so there is a chance of having an explosion (the more you cast or the more powerfull is the spell, the more magic was accumulated in the area).

Geo-stationary Moon, the area under permanent eclipse is super-charged of Magic, in that zone also you find the Mithril..

That sounds really cool. i like the part with how the magic is gathered and released with a chance that it might explode in your face.

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-17-2008, 02:42 PM
In college I was running two campaigns in one setting. One group was good while the other was evil. The two groups didn't know about each other until the good group knew they had to do something about these horrible people they had heard about and wanted to hunt them down. They were surprised when the final confrontation came on and I had them enter from opposite sides of a room with a combat arena of the gaming table and their figures all set up.

The good guys tried to reason with the bad guys, but they wouldn't hear it. Sadly, evil triumphed oveer good.

now THAT is really cool. how did the two sides react? were they super suprised?

drewshi
08-17-2008, 02:52 PM
Oh, they were definitely surprised as some of them didn't like the other, thus the reason why I was running two campaigns as they normally wouldn't play with each other. The toughest part was making sure that they didn't interact prior to the meeting, which wasn't always easy. But then I had no life back in college. :lol:

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-17-2008, 02:59 PM
Oh, they were definitely surprised as some of them didn't like the other, thus the reason why I was running two campaigns as they normally wouldn't play with each other. The toughest part was making sure that they didn't interact prior to the meeting, which wasn't always easy. But then I had no life back in college. :lol:

sounds like you guys had a blast. there wasn't any hard feelings were there. between the players who didn't like each other?

drewshi
08-17-2008, 04:04 PM
sounds like you guys had a blast. there wasn't any hard feelings were there. between the players who didn't like each other?

If I remember correctly, there weren't as I really spiced things up by playing it that way. They also got a kick out of planning their attacks across a table with the figures and all. We then had pizza and beer after the game. I think those that weren't friendly with each other were civil though, even in the aftergame.

nijineko
08-17-2008, 05:48 PM
awesome story! way to go bringing the sides together.

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-17-2008, 09:43 PM
If I remember correctly, there weren't as I really spiced things up by playing it that way. They also got a kick out of planning their attacks across a table with the figures and all. We then had pizza and beer after the game. I think those that weren't friendly with each other were civil though, even in the aftergame.

now those are some good players. they won't let there personal matters get in the way of the game. i like that.

tesral
08-17-2008, 11:54 PM
My recent favorite was the last Campaign played in my world I labeled it the BFE hicks. More Formally, Mumbling Stone. We took a bunch of young people types from a back water town and I developed it in a circle campaign. Start with the stuff within five miles, then within 25 milers and work out from there. Eventually they got to see a good deal of the world. I enjoyed those characters a great deal.

It had the most recent expression of in game romance. Toyner Smith married the NPC Cleric. It had pathos, joy, fear, and fun. They when from nobodies to being the King's go-to people when there was trouble afoot. The best part is they did most of it with open honest friendship and getting along. Yes there were fights, but they got the most when they fought the least.

cplmac
08-18-2008, 10:23 AM
When I played a dwarf fighter in the Persian Gulf, the party kept seeing a lone 6' tall elf with a large dog with him. Every time we would try to approach him, he would disappear behind a tree, rock or something. Eventually, the magic users were able to throw some spells to prevent him from getting away so fast. Appearently, he took it as an attack to fight him and sent his dog (which was actually a large crossbreed of a wolf and a dog) to attack us. My character was able to kill it with a shot from the crossbow that he was carrying. Needless to say that when we emerged from the caverns that we searched and found the 3 items that the party was sent to retrieve, there was the elf and about 40 or so of his friends and a dozen more of those dogs. Good thing we had 2 magic users and 2 clerics with us, otherwise we probably would not have escaped. We didn't kill that many of them. We were able to walk away from them by carefully used spells that immobilized them long enough for us to make our escape.

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-18-2008, 09:21 PM
When I played a dwarf fighter in the Persian Gulf, the party kept seeing a lone 6' tall elf with a large dog with him. Every time we would try to approach him, he would disappear behind a tree, rock or something. Eventually, the magic users were able to throw some spells to prevent him from getting away so fast. Appearently, he took it as an attack to fight him and sent his dog (which was actually a large crossbreed of a wolf and a dog) to attack us. My character was able to kill it with a shot from the crossbow that he was carrying. Needless to say that when we emerged from the caverns that we searched and found the 3 items that the party was sent to retrieve, there was the elf and about 40 or so of his friends and a dozen more of those dogs. Good thing we had 2 magic users and 2 clerics with us, otherwise we probably would not have escaped. We didn't kill that many of them. We were able to walk away from them by carefully used spells that immobilized them long enough for us to make our escape.

cool i like how the elves friends came to whoop someone and didn't. hahaha dumb elves. jk

My recent favorite was the last Campaign played in my world I labeled it the BFE hicks. More Formally, Mumbling Stone. We took a bunch of young people types from a back water town and I developed it in a circle campaign. Start with the stuff within five miles, then within 25 milers and work out from there. Eventually they got to see a good deal of the world. I enjoyed those characters a great deal.

It had the most recent expression of in game romance. Toyner Smith married the NPC Cleric. It had pathos, joy, fear, and fun. They when from nobodies to being the King's go-to people when there was trouble afoot. The best part is they did most of it with open honest friendship and getting along. Yes there were fights, but they got the most when they fought the least.

i'm from a hick town. so it's like a tale of my life