PDA

View Full Version : Phaethos RPG Play Test

Dirk Stanley
08-13-2008, 11:23 PM
Have no idea if I should post in here or not. If I have mistakenly placed this in error...my apologies.

Ok, basically our little company is looking for some people interested in testing our flagship rpg entitled Phaethos. It uses our own custom system of d10 dice pools called the Umbrella System. The game is a mix of fantasy, horror, sci-fi and steampunk along with a little wild west. The pdf at this time offers all rules for character creation, combat, magic, a brief history of the world, some basic equipment and a little fluff.

If you want to check out the game, give it a read through or actually play it, we would love to hear your thoughts and ideas on what we have so far. Remember, its in a rough state of early play test so keep that in mind.

Those of you who are interested can check get the free pdf here Phaethos RPG. (http://www.freewebs.com/phaethosrpg/downloads.html)

Any other designers out there? If so we are totally willing to trade critiques and play tests with you.

If you have any questions I would be more than happy to answer.

michaeljearley
08-14-2008, 08:03 AM
I'd be interested in Play Testing.

Zeneak
08-14-2008, 11:11 AM
Very interesting, i would love to try out a new game some time. not to mention being able to help play test an up and coming RPG and be able to give input on it is very cool.

Dirk Stanley
08-14-2008, 11:56 AM
Thanks for the feedback.

We would love to hear as much input as you are willing to give (be it positive or negative) we just need outsider input.

It is important that people completely unfamiliar with the rules and the game give us feedback without our hands being involved. This should ensure some honest, nearly anonymous criticism from the level of individuals just opening up the game and playing without our explanation of the rules. In essence, we need outsiders so that the book is used to explain the rules, not the creators of the game.