PDA

View Full Version : Introduction

Babagnoosh
10-23-2006, 05:18 PM
Hello.

I am glad to see that there is a spot for role-players to meet role-players. I played D&D in college, and later played the Hero game system for about 10 years. It's been 10 years since I last played and would like to get back into it.

I do not like D&D at all. Since playing the Hero system, and reading about other RGP systems, I feel that D&D is the "Ford Model T" compared to today's cars. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I enjoy the games a lot, but I also like socializing that comes with it. I'm married (happily), and 50 years old. I look forward to hearing from everybody.

Farcaster
10-24-2006, 11:28 AM
Welcome to the boards!

Moritz
11-02-2006, 08:30 AM
Hello.

I am glad to see that there is a spot for role-players to meet role-players. I played D&D in college, and later played the Hero game system for about 10 years. It's been 10 years since I last played and would like to get back into it.

I do not like D&D at all. Since playing the Hero system, and reading about other RGP systems, I feel that D&D is the "Ford Model T" compared to today's cars. That's just my opinion, I could be wrong.

I enjoy the games a lot, but I also like socializing that comes with it. I'm married (happily), and 50 years old. I look forward to hearing from everybody.

I went through that too. Hated D&D for years until I discovered the 3.0+ system which made D&D easy. No longer do we use those tables and charts like the Basic or Advanced D&D systems. This D&D is more akin to the Champions/HERO system with a far better and easier combat system. d20 has revolutionized gaming.

Welcome to the boards.

spotlight
12-19-2006, 03:46 PM
Hello, neighbor! Glad to see someone else who likes HeroSystem. If you cannot get to the meet-up at the HalfPriceBooks, well at least check out the champainge I'm trying to start at the "Play By Post" post. It is a 'pdq' styled play, but it is meant to be Champions based. Yeah, I know, supers are different that fantacy, but who says elves don't exist in the modern world? Who thinks tech can't exist along side Majick?? Leme know what you think.