PDA

View Full Version : Adventures in Pelosia

josh311
08-06-2008, 12:51 PM
I currently run a D&D 3.5 game set in a homebrew world of my own design based centrally around two neighboring nations who are perpetually at war. My game has a decidedly military bent to it, but I try to keep things light. Our group is goofy, and fairly "beer & pretzels," we can get serious when the situation dictates it however.

I'm not a rules-crazy DM - I stick to the spirit of the rules, but if something comes up that the rules don't clearly define, common sense carries the day.

We're currently looking to add one to two more players to the game. Any class/race combo is acceptable (with DM approval of course), so you wouldn't be restricted to a particular role.

A good candidate for my game would be easy-going, capable of cracking (and taking) a joke, and enthusiastic about playing. You wouldn't need to have the rulebooks memorized cover-to-cover - we're all helpful folks, and no one bats an eye at helping someone out if they don't understand a rule.

I plan on finishing my 3.5 campaign in about 6-8 months, and then our group has several members who are interested in running a 4th edition game, so we'll likely be starting a new campaign using the new rule set at that time.

We alternate between the Reading PA area, and Elizabethtown PA every month. I live in Elizabethtown, and my gamers all live in and around Reading. I used to live in that area as well, but moved. Our group gets along so well that we don't mind the bi-monthly commute. If you're interested in joining us, know that you'll be riding either to and from Elizabethtown or to and from Reading every other month depending on where you live.

I can be contacted via PM here, on AIM at megatron311, or via email at joshua.r.young@gmail.com

cplmac
08-07-2008, 07:14 PM
Hey Josh! If your group doesn't mind comuting, and are willing to play a 2E game, I've got one ready to go. Just trying to get some warm bodies.:biggrin:

josh311
08-08-2008, 08:30 AM
Heh. I don't mind driving, but 150 miles is just a little bit too far. ;)

cplmac
08-11-2008, 08:57 AM
Yeah, I know what you mean about the distance. Our state doesn't appear to be that big, when you look on most maps. If you drive from one side to the other, you quickly become aware of how large is actually is.

josh311
08-13-2008, 12:44 PM
Yar.

PA is a sizable chunk o' land.

josh311
09-08-2008, 01:44 PM
Anyone out there? For those looking for more info on the game, I've begun the arduous process of catalogueing the the campaign at ObsidianPortal. You can read up and get some background info here: http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/pelosia (http://forums.gleemax.com/leaving.php?destination=http://www.obsidianportal.com/campaign/pelosia)

Doctor Romulus
01-21-2009, 01:46 PM
Hey Josh,
I live in Reading, don't mind driving but I still prefer to be close to home. Are you still looking for players? If so let me know. I've played D&D 3.5, Traveller but prefer GURPS. Right now I'm looking over Pathfinder RPG by Paizo. You can email me at - silentg1@hotmail.com .

Hope to talk to you soon.

Good Gaming.

syllander
08-13-2009, 11:38 AM
I live in Shillington(right outside of Reading) and am interested in just about anything 3.5. I play in two groups atm. One is a Friday group once a month as well that takes me toward Philly with a buddy of mine that also plays, though he is still new to it. I also play a weekly sunday game that Myself and another buddy of mine alternate DMing different games. Once a month we have an all night Sat game too. I know almost every rule by heart, but am by no means a Rules Natzi. Let me know.

GChristianV@hotmail.com

Jakebow1985
11-10-2012, 05:51 PM
are you still looking for players. i am interested in getting back into the gaming.