PDA

View Full Version : Miracle for sale!

zergrusheddie
08-06-2008, 03:59 AM
I'm a new player {thus my Dwarven Fighter with his own bar code} and have just reached level 14. After a massive adventure, everyone has been offered a Miracle spell. Everyone else at the table damn near cried because of what it meant, while I have no clue what the hell a miracle can do.

So, to all you veteran number crunchers, what can a Miacle do that is worthwhile?

DMMike
08-06-2008, 03:23 PM
Well, you could turn to the Miracle page of the PHB to check it out - it can replicate lower level spells, and your buddies were probably crying about getting to add a point to their ability scores, although that might be more Wish range than Miracle.

But Miracle should really be about flavor.

When I think "miracle," I think of some unexplicable, fortuitous event that usually gets chalked up to a god's action. If you want to benefit yourself, you'd better hope the miracle is coming from an evil god. Then you could expect to miraculously find a +3 falchion of beheading in your closet when you get home. If it's from a good god, you're probably limited to making a drought-ridden crop bountiful, or seeing an evil dictator come down with a bad case of spontaneous human combustion.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-07-2008, 02:51 AM
If i were your DM, i would propably give you a direction to to follow in order to find a wonderful magical weapon... or whatever. I wouldnt give you one, but i would give you the information needed to quest it. Time for another, albiet dangerous, adventure.

Thoth-Amon

Thriondel Half-Elven
08-07-2008, 10:22 PM
If you "save" it and use it when needed. i would use it to either get out of a tight spot or "cheat" death aka be resurrected.

nijineko
08-08-2008, 05:09 PM
it's basically the divine version of wish, or so it's statted in the rulebooks. some slight differences.

i change the name of that one cause i agree about a "miracle" being something beyond mortal ken.