PDA

View Full Version : DM / Player Tools Chapter One Cultures

tesral
08-03-2008, 11:12 PM
Here is the full text of the Cultures chapter of my player's manual from my Website (http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/fantasy/gs_fant.htm). I have been posting bits of this as various races. The game information on the races is in the "Races" Chapter. One bit of information away from finished.

Commnet is welcome as allways.

Chapter One: Cultures (http://phoenixinn.iwarp.com/fantasy/fantpdf/01_Manual_Culture.pdf)

theorcrist
08-31-2008, 08:58 AM
Man, the pdf's look fantastic. Nice work. I really like some of the god names. I love your take on using 'real' gods in rpgs (I've totally agreed with that ever since the 3.0 FRCS used like the entire egyptian pantheon!).

I'm not that familiar with Grayhawk; did you create all those gods? I would have liked to read some details about cultural rules, rituals, taboos and roles.

Blake.

tesral
08-31-2008, 11:34 AM
Man, the pdf's look fantastic. Nice work. I really like some of the god names. I love your take on using 'real' gods in rpgs (I've totally agreed with that ever since the 3.0 FRCS used like the entire egyptian pantheon!).

I'm not that familiar with Grayhawk; did you create all those gods? I would have liked to read some details about cultural rules, rituals, taboos and roles.

Blake.

This is not the "Official" Grayhawk. It's Greyhawke or Thindacarulle.. The gods are indeed mine.

I would love to detail the heck out of the whole thing, but I am the sole person doing this for my world and I sadly do not believe any anthropological textbooks are coming out of my computer soon. I tend to add detail as it is required. When someone plays someone from a given culture, that culture gets more detail.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
08-31-2008, 02:54 PM
Really enjoyed reading through this, tesral. I'm hoping you continue writing and expanding on Thindacarulle, for you really have a knack for this sort of thing.

Thanks for posting, tesral.

Thoth-Amon

tesral
08-31-2008, 11:07 PM
Really enjoyed reading through this, tesral. I'm hoping you continue writing and expanding on Thindacarulle, for you really have a knack for this sort of thing.

Thanks for posting, tesral.

Thoth-Amon

I certainly don't intend to stop. Thanks.

nijineko
09-01-2008, 02:39 PM
this really should be a published campaign setting. i know i would buy it, as soon as i had spare cash that isn't paying off bills. =D i'm sure you would find no shortage of volunteers here to help out with such a project.