PDA

View Full Version : Star Wars Dawn of Defiance (non RPGA)

Sylton
08-03-2008, 07:09 PM
Hey all. My name is Matt. I'm currently playing with a few of the guys in the SW group that meets at Valhalla's Gate periodically. I've printed out the Dawn of Defiance campaign and I'm reading through the first five adventures thoroughly and preparing to possibly run this campaign.

I'm trying to determine a few things first:

1) How many players would be interested in playing?

2) How often would people be interested in meeting? I'm one of those GM's who likes to have a semi-set schedule, like every two weeks. I would be running these games on Sunday, preferably at the Gate, starting at noon.

3) This campaign will be run as a non-RPGA campaign. I like the adventures, but want the freedom to play in the universe and allow my players the same latitude.

4) Anyone wishing to play that has SW minis or maps that wouldn't mind bringing them for sessions would be greatly appreciated. I'm going to try to buy some mini's for use in the games, but it is costly, so it might take a little time.

General info about the campaign

This is a 1st level through 20th level adventure series that begins a few months after the Empire rises to power. (post-Revenge of the Sith)

I will allow players to begin as 1st level Jedi, however, I'd prefer to have no more than 2, technically I'd prefer to have 1 or none. There is the opportunity to become one as the campaign progresses. Jedi characters will be subject to strict rules regarding their behavior and what resources and training is available to them, specifically Lightsaber Forms Talents under the Jedi Knight PrC among other things. This campaign takes place after the Jedi Purge, so the resources and information for the advanced techniques must be learned from a Master who has the knowledge or an alternative source.

This is a Saga Edition rules campaign. A handbook would be helpful, but is not required as there will be a few on hand. I also own the handbook on races from Revised Edition. If anyone wants to play a species from it, I can convert those races to usable races. I own Starships of the Galaxy and Threats of the Galaxy at this time. The Force Unleashed campaign guide will be in play as soon as it hits the shelves and I own it as it takes place during this Era of Play. The KOTOR handbook will not be allowed except by GM's discretion. All other options must be cleared first.

All characters will be built through the point system. The book says 25, but mine will be slightly higher to provide for a more above average hero.

This is a heroic campaign. Characters that fall to the Dark Side are lost and could become villians. All characters should come with a brief description and background. And they are all subject to my approval. I will use Destiny rules, so I may need to speak with you before games via email or IM to clarify events.

I know I make it sound like it will be strictly controlled, but the game will run according to the storyline in the adventures. Certain house rules will be stated to keep with the general feel of the Era of Play, not to restrict gameplay, but to encourage roleplaying.

Let me know if you are interested by posting here. And feel free to ask questions.

Bobbin
01-17-2009, 08:21 PM
I wouldn't mind trying my hand at a SW game. Used to be far more of a SW fan that I admit to (and I still have my books). However, I have none of the relevant books, and am somewhat new at this anyway. What do you think?

ZombieHope
02-26-2010, 01:46 PM
very interested in joining a SW game, I'm in the area and as of right now my weekends are free...oh but now I look a bit closer and this thread was two years ago.

Sylton
02-27-2010, 02:38 PM
Actually this campaign is still in progress, but on hiatus. We're currently sitting between the 3rd and 4th adventure. The adventure has changed venues as the group grew, one of the members agreed to be the primary host so that we did not have the time restrictions of playing at Valhalla's Gate.

The other issue we have currently is that our group is rather large and we've been alternating between 2-3 games based on DM/GM availability and the Star Wars Dawn of Defiance campaign has been on a 4-5 month break. We've been discussing starting it back up. We also play 3rd edition/3.5/Pathfinder and Castles and Crusades, which is a 1e/2e style system.

ZombieHope
02-28-2010, 08:22 AM
oh so does the large group mean you are not looking for players or that you are taking more on?