PDA

View Full Version : Game Thread



Caligula
07-28-2008, 06:15 PM
So, I've written much better than this in the past, but I figured this would be sufficient to kick things off. Go ahead and make your entrances into the inn if you choose to show up there.

The merchant sat in the common room of the Scarlet Ogre, brooding over a tankard of ale. Business was down; at an all-time low. Those that usually arrived this time of year - the merchants, peddlers, vagabonds, and buyers and sellers alike - had not, and he had that feeling in his gut, that feeling that was never wrong though always sickening, that they never would. Stories had not been too supportive of the trade city Amisst. Not the stories told by bards, but by those that told rumors and spread whispers throughout the country. He had seen such work help his cause, but just as it did so in the past it was tearing him down. Of course, he could always relocate, find a different city, but Amisst was like home to him. He would do something about it.

A bard, a teller of stories, stood on a table atop the low stage, shadow long before the fire. He danced and waved an imaginative sword in the air, mimicking some character in a story. Abruptly he leaped, flickering lights sparkling for an instant before his feet touched the floor, and then leaned toward the audience and began to sing.


The sky is the stage, with a storm all around;
The audience helplessly waits on the ground.
The dragons above claim the sky as their own,
And flame marks the path over which they have flown.
Then up from below comes a thunderous cry;
The paladin airborne appears in the sky!
Each knight on his pegasus, lances at hand;
To battle they ride, in a glorious stand.
Mere words can't describe the magnificent fight,
As dragon and paladin battle this night.
Raw courage and steel against talon and breath,
As more than one hero earns honor in death.
The blood of both evil and good falls like rain,
But when it is over, no dragons remain.
Perhaps but a dream, or a vision, and yet,
Those sharing this vision shall never forget.



Everyone clapped and raucous praise and laughter rose. It only took moments for the room to go to silence once more as the bard continued his tale. The merchant breathed a heavy sigh, looking out the window at the sky wondering if they ever would come.

OOC: The merchant should be rather noticeable, given he wears bright crimson robes trimmed with gold.

michaeljearley
07-28-2008, 09:12 PM
The front door opens admitting what could easily be called a very plain looking human. Non-descript in every way. Brown, ear length hair, well worn but in good condition clothes and footwear. A rapier hangs at his side, and a small hat adorns his head.

*he takes a seat beside the merchant and tips his hat*

"Well met again, my good merchant incarnadine. I do hope there will be more than this. I was lead to believe you would not be accompanying us and while I'm good, I'm by no means that good."

Zane
07-28-2008, 10:18 PM
As the bard continues his tale, the door opens momentarily again, as a smaller humanoid standing just less than 5 feet tall enters the inn, features hidden behind a dark gray cloak with the hood raised, covering the face. The individual quickly closes the door behind, and after a quick scan of the room, starts to move around toward the merchant and his human companion. While walking, the cloak is unable to cover the occasional flashes of slender legs, wearing little more than slippers on the feet.

As it moves over, the humanoid raises its arms, flashing a pair of rings on long, delicate fingers of each hand. It uses those hands to lower the hood of the cloak back and there can be no mistake any longer. Based on the angular long pointed ears and almond-shaped eyes, it is hard to mistake the newcomer for anything other than an elf. And based on the delicate fingers and facial features, it is a female elf at that.

Her dark hair neatly groomed back along her head in a series of small braids - which are left loose along the back to sweep along her neck. Her sharp green eyes glisten, set against her fair skin. She slides though the crowd and furniture with a remarkable grace, to join the pair of humans. She basically glides into her seat, and barely gives the plain looking human a glance. She looks at the merchant only for a moment, as if to check that his appearance matches what she was expecting. She then turns her attention to the bard, but speaks to the merchant without looking at him.

"I believe you are looking for some help. I have come to do so, where shall we talk?" Even though her voice has an edge of seriousness to it, it is still the melodious sound for which elves are known. Even though the two humans can't see easily from their positions, her eyes constantly dart over everything in sight, taking everything in, even as she appears to simply enjoy the bard's tale.

michaeljearley
07-28-2008, 10:25 PM
*greets the new come elf*

"Good day. I'm glad to see more than only I have answered the call. Unless you know of some reason, I see no need for secreacy"

Caligula
07-28-2008, 10:49 PM
The merchant greeted the man with a growing nervousness that faded to a slight confidence, likely short-lived. He tried to keep his face calm, but sweat beading on his forehead belied the exterior.

"My friend," he began, but it was then when the female elf made her way in and took another seat at the table. Anyone with a pair of eyes could see the glimmer in his own as he took in her beauty. As though someone had slapped him, he sat abruptly back, eyelids fluttering, and began again.

"We shall talk here," he answered the elf. "Provided you keep your voices low, as necessary."

He scratched his chin irratibly while looking the two over. "Is this the best that could be done?" the merchant thought aloud, and the visible strain on his face said he did not mean for it to come out.

Zane
07-28-2008, 10:49 PM
The female elf twists her mouth into a smirk, still without facing the speaker. "You? I hope you know how to use that blade at your side more than you know how to make an impression. As far as a reason for secrecy, it is safer to assume that there is always someone listening, and until he who sent for aid says otherwise - it is better to speak without specifics."

As the merchant speaks, she quiets down. "As you wish good sir. As far as others, I was the only one sent from my clan as it was determined that I likely had the best skills to help. Although I won't even try to speak of the abilities of this other one, I will prove more than useful I am sure."

michaeljearley
07-28-2008, 10:54 PM
"Nonsense. We are here to help our dear auburn friend out, nothing more."

*gives the elf a once over, not impressed*

"And as for my blade. likely not, but then, it's only there to make the brain ignore other things."

Caligula
07-28-2008, 11:03 PM
"Skills." the merchant spits, looking around almost nervously. "That is one thing we are short of here. However-" he moves his crimson robe and gold coins could be heard within, "-money is something I have much of."

The merchants eyes keep looking around the inn, as if afraid. He leans closer to the table. "I don't like wasting others' time as much as I waste my own, and I assume you all would rather be on your respective ways. To make things short, I pay the party of you two hundred thousand gold pieces to accomplish what I ask. There will be more, or should be more coming, as was planned."

michaeljearley
07-28-2008, 11:05 PM
"Done", the human says eagerly.

Genzodus Thoth
07-28-2008, 11:10 PM
Upon seeing the two travelers enter and approach the merchant, a man in a worn black cloak who had been sitting quietly in a darkened corner rose and made his way to the table. "Stay there for the moment," he commanded the two large men, also in cloaks, who had been sitting with him. The man's tone of voice was soft, but it had an underlying tone of power and menace. His companions didn't budge an inch, quite literally, and seeming pleased, the cloaked figure continued towards the other table. Sitting down rather quickly and before anyone could say anything, he slumped into a comfortable position, making himself right at home.

"Hello, everyone, allow me to introduce myself! I am Zomerus, hunter of irreverent desecrators of the dearly departed, and my companions and I will be joining this expedition! Of course, if no one else had shown up, we would have left without a word. One must put his life above both money and morals, eh?" When he said this, he attempted to be as charming as possible, seeming entirely different than he had only moments ago.

To this effect, he even removed his hood and gave a brilliant smile. It would be hard to determine which was more friendly. While a hooded stranger was not a person that one would immediately trust, without the hood, the man's corpse-gray skin could be seen. In addition, his slim features made him look a bit skeletal, increasing his disturbing appearance. A sharp contrast, though, was his absurd bright purple hair, which hung to his shoulders and seemed to have never been combed, making it look more like fur than true hair.

Zane
07-28-2008, 11:11 PM
The elf slightly chuckles at the plain human's words. "Dear friend? He may be yours - but I do not know him and have no real reason to simply help him out. I have heard bit and pieces of what is being asked for - but I am here for payment, and a bit of adventure."

Lalitil smiles at the sound of the merchant's jingling coin - the first time she truly smiled so far. "In that case, I believe an arrangement can be reached. I am called Lalitil, and will hear what exactly you have in mind. However, it seems prudent that we should wait for these others before doing too much business, including the specifics of your task. until then, does this place have anything decent to drink?" Lalitil gets the attention of a bar wench, to try and order some elven wine.

((OOC: I'm going on the premise that the merchant either posted a held wanted add equivalent, or spoke to a few people and spread the word that he was willing to pay. thus, news carried back to Lalitil's clan, and she is here now - although she never actually met the merchant herself. If that doesn't work, let me know. And I know we are posting a lot, but I figure some RP now can't hurt. :biggrin: Oh, and you all will notice (I hope) quickly that I use colored text to distinguish between things occurring and actions (in black), text (purple for Lalitil) and OOC comments (green). So, just for everyones reference.))

michaeljearley
07-28-2008, 11:18 PM
*upon seeing the newcomers skin, the human nods appreciatively*

"Well now, this is more like it. I was begining to fear I had wasted my time waiting for sir robin here to gather more."

*orders a glass of cranberry juice*



((OOC:Bedtime for Me))

Zane
07-28-2008, 11:29 PM
Lalitil rolls her eyes at the plain human as he agrees, without knowing the terms. Deciding to pay such a fool little attention, she instead looks to the next visitor.

Lalitil looks over at Zomerus, her eyes betraying some intrigue about the obviously strange individual. "Well met Zomerus, I think. What exactly do you bring, other than your two companions?"

Caligula
07-28-2008, 11:30 PM
The merchant nods at the newcomer, at first listening to what the man had to say. Crossing his arms, he sits back in his chair once again, holding a calm composure, surely delighted that his cause was going over so well - that is until he sees Zomerus' face, and it seemed to pain him to keep from acting in shock. The merchant swallows deeply and nods at the man's offer.

"I am called Otik Carater, the head of the merchant's guild of this grand city." the merchant says. Otik opens his mouth to say something else, but snaps it shut, seeming to have done so because the elf diverted her attention to one of the wenches.

The girl, a young woman possibly not even past her eighteenth winter, stopped at the table, carrying a tray. She wore odd clothing when compared to the rest of them, completely baring her arms and shoulders, and left nearly nothing to cover the chest. She looks at Lalitil, almost confused, and then looks at Jason.

"Ale for you sir?" the serving wench said to Jason. "And wine for your wife?"

OOC: That is perfectly fine...I have seen such coloration used many times before on other forums. As for the merchant and the tribe, that will work just fine. :)

EDIT: And about the number of posts, I would think this is fine. There aren't many players here to actually need to wait for, and it kills time as well as builds the characters while we wait for the other PCs. So in essence, carry on! :D

Zane
07-28-2008, 11:38 PM
((Wives? Isn't Lalitil the only female right now?))

"Stop now before you embarrass yourself further girl." Lalitil practically spits out the term, although she doubts such a young thing would catch on. "That one could only dream of the possibility of having me as a wife. If you have anything you call elven wine, I will try it. Otherwise, forget about it."

Genzodus Thoth
07-28-2008, 11:47 PM
"Nothing much," the man replied, pretending to be humble. As the former heir to a very wealthy noble family, he relished any attention that he got, whether it was positive or negative, thought fear got old after a while. "I am a mere dabbler in the powers of life and death. My skin has hardened, my body's ability to deal with foreign particles has developed beyond the natural, and my very touch can drain the life from lesser beings, but still my studies are only in the infant stages." He turned away for a moment to look at the barmaid, raising his hand, "I'll have some herbal tea if you have it!

Oh, and I'm a male, single at that." He sighed before turning back, "A shame that people don't have respect for spellcasters that aren't elderly men with long beards."

Caligula
07-28-2008, 11:47 PM
OOC: Crud. What made me put wives? You are correct, the elf is the only one. Edited.

Alright, I'm off for the evening. Goodnight, all. :)

Zane
07-28-2008, 11:59 PM
"Spellcaster you say?" Lalitil casts a glance over at the two unmoving forms at the table from which Zomerus came. She then turns back, one corner of her mouth curved into a knowing, or at least assuming, smirk. "I understand your feelings about others' views about spellcasters, but many of the best spellcasters I have met did not have long beards, much less any beard at all, nor were they elderly men. I would hope that we don't need your abilities - but I doubt that will be the case."

Turning her attention back to Otik, she asks, "How many others do you expect, by the by?"

Addis Hellfire
07-29-2008, 12:58 AM
The door to the inn opened yet again, this time as a pail skinned elf walked in, wearing a average looking brown tunic which barely covered the suit of chainmail he wore underneath. The elf took around, spotted the small group forming, and walked over. "Excuse me, I do hope that I am not interrupting anything. I was told that this was the place to meet for some adventure of some sorts." Lazarus looked at the members of what he assumed was the correct adventuring group.

Zane
07-29-2008, 01:09 AM
Lalitil notes the approach of the elf, and looks up to him once he speaks. She speaks to him, in Elven, <Welcome elf brother. We are indeed here for adventure, an excursion at Dusk. If that is your intention as well, join us please.> Lalitil pushes out a seat with her foot from under the table, as she takes out a coin that she begins to tumble over and through her fingers, getting them some exercise.

Addis Hellfire
07-29-2008, 01:27 AM
Lazarus gives a nod, says "My thanks" in elven, and takes a seat. He puts sits back and closes his eyes, listening to the sounds of the bar. He says "Is this the whole group, or are there more that have not arrived yet?" in common.

Zane
07-29-2008, 02:23 AM
Lalitil looks over to Otik, as Lazarus came in as she asked her last question, "That's a couple more now, or were you expecting more still?"

Caligula
07-29-2008, 07:51 AM
The serving wench looks Lalitil over, and then speaks again without waiting for an answer. "You let your wife speak for you? Is the lady not your wife?" She does not seem to take much notice or even hear Lalitil's comment. Her face appears innocent, and it can be seen that she truely has no idea what is going on.

"There are a couple more," the merchant says. "I'll give it a couple moments more." Despite his words, he still looks slighty disheaveled, still glancing around the room with growing anxiety. With a nod, he speaks to the serving girl. "A pint of wine here."

The girl takes a pint of wine from the tray and places on the table, sliding it softly to Otik.

From across the room, a man roars as the contents of a tankard of ale are splashed over his face by a man beside him. The others at the table laugh heartily for a moment until the man who tossed the drink is slammed up against the wall, a knife at his throat. Muffled insults could be heard mingled with random curses. All at once, the man up against the wall is thrown out over the table they were sitting at. A chair explodes in a flurry of splinters and wood chips when the man falls onto it, ale and wine alike spills across the floor.

Otik diverts his attention to the drink before him, just at the barkeep did behind the counter. The bard pauses for only a moment before he regained his composure and continued on with his tale.

Abbadon
07-29-2008, 10:06 AM
A pale northerner enters, standing at closer to six and a half feet than not, and weighing at least 16 stone. His dull, dark, and grim eyes gaze across the room, stopping for a moment at the merchant. He removes his hood and helm, revealing dark hair dyed and dreadlocked by crushed limestone. He wears a cloak in oddly good condition compared to the rest of his gear. He opens his cloak some, revealing a broad and battleworn breastplate far more intact than it should be, atop a fur kilt of wild cat fur with a wide and thick leather belt. A battered sword similar to the breastplate hangs on his back. On his feet are boots with the same lack of wear as the cloak. On his hands are gauntlets most emblematic of the alternating care and wear of his equipment, in near mint condition save for some quite noticable amounts of dirt and blood caked onto them.

He steps forward, not bothering to close the door. He walks to the middle of the room and announces in a voice of gravel:

"I hear there is need of gore and bloodshed. I am good at that."

The barbarian oaf stands oblivious to the psychotic nature of his statement, waiting for an answer.

Zane
07-29-2008, 10:21 AM
Lalitil simply sighs as the wench doesn't pay her any attention, deciding to return the favor. She ignores the wench for now, turning instead to Otik. "It is good you have gold, those here are not worth charity." As if to make her point, the fight breaks out across the room - to which no one really reacts.

As the northern barbarian enters, Lalitil watches him from the corner of her eye - curious as to how the townsfolk will respond to such a man.

michaeljearley
07-29-2008, 11:27 AM
*looks at the new entrant with a grin.*
*losing the grin, he speaks to him*

"Well, I don't think he wanted any, but I'm pretty sure that guy deserves some for that comment he just made about your sister."

*points at the man who just threw the other across the table*

Caligula
07-29-2008, 11:57 AM
As the barbarian enters, the two men that were fighting back away from the door, one limping and sticking his wrist in his mouth where wood cut deep. The bard continues on as he always has, at first slightly caught in the tongue but then carries on indifferently. Various commoners (the merchant seems to be the only person of any true status) shy away from the door if they are standing, or at least keep a close eye on any movement issued by the hulk of a man.

"Stop, you fool!" the merchant hisses. "Don't insult him. 'Ill tides one brings when he angers a barbarian'." He says the last, a proverb, with a matter-of-factness as though everyone at the table had heard it before.

Otik stands very slowly, spreading his arms as a friend would. Mustering all the courage he can, he utters in a loud voice, "Come, friend northerner! Sit at our table and the gold runs freely!" He stops, making a face as though he had swallowed a fly or perhaps spoken before he thought about things. Rubbing the back of his head, he sits down, casting glances around the room at everyone.

michaeljearley
07-29-2008, 12:19 PM
*scowls at the merchant*

*to Zomerus **whisper***
"Ill tides. pfft. A good time maybe, so long as you stay out of the way"

Zane
07-29-2008, 12:33 PM
Listen check to hear the whisper((Nope - too noisy. :D))

Lalitil doesn't bother watching the barbarian, figuring that anything he does will bring enough noise to alert anyone within two days journey. Instead, she watches those that were fighting earlier out of the corner of her eye, wondering just how common such bar fights were in this unpolished town. Although her ears are trained to the whispering, her eyes are focused on the brawlers, and the fingers of her right hand still tumbling the coin across them - her mind is still calculating the different roles for those that seem to be part of this adventure, predicting what she might expect of each of them.

Abbadon
07-29-2008, 12:51 PM
Otik stands very slowly, spreading his arms as a friend would.

*Blank stare*


"Come, friend northerner!

*Continues blank stare*


Sit at our table

*Appears incapable of anything other than a blank stare*


and the gold runs freely!"

*BIG smile*

The barbarian sits at the table and continues to smile at the merchant. He avoids smiling at the others until he notices Lalitil, and upon seeing her, smiles and attempts a chat-up line in elvish.

Unfortunatly, having dim education and no linguistic training, he only manages to weave an unstable confusion of commonly known orcish swear words with some grammatically incorrect comments in something resembling grade-school gnomish about 'boughting sheep with is not one dogs runned?'

Genzodus Thoth
07-29-2008, 12:53 PM
"Maybe," the necromancer replied dully. "Such gladiatorial shows are never as interesting as one hopes. I, personally am accustomed to seeing things much more entertaining. Furthermore, it doesn't look as if our new friend intends to join the fray."

Abbadon
07-29-2008, 12:57 PM
The barbarian looks at the necromancer.

"Why should I join the fight? I have no sister to be insulted."

Caligula
07-29-2008, 01:16 PM
((Loved your post on the last page Abbadon...made me laugh :D))

Orik smiles as the barbarian comes to the table, and then looks around to count the others.

OOC: In character, Orik will see that they have a good number of people, so I think we shall carry on that way. Nijineko and starwolf are the only players who need to get their sheets in, so I would assume their characters can come in a little late to the discussion if necessary.

Orik leans in again, folding his hands before himself on the table. Abruptly, he cranes his neck to take a last look around the room before he returns, scanning the gathered adventurers' faces.

"To start off slow, I am a merchant, as most of you know." He pauses to take a deep breath. "So generally, my business is my support - for I and my family. But there are problems." As he goes on, he loses the noble speech that someone of his status would have and took on just a man explaining his problems and ideas.

"As some of you have heard with news around the city, there is a fortress nearby the city, and ancient fortress. Something is going on inside it...rumors are being stirred and it is scaring away my customers!" Orik's voice is low, but yet it holds an urgency. The nervousness has evaporated, and now it seems almost like a distant begging of the travelers gathered. "I need something done to reverse this...but I know not of the problem!"

Zane
07-29-2008, 05:44 PM
Lalitil doesn't bother to even look at the barbarian as he tries his broken language skills on her. Thankfully, the brute turns his attention to another before Lalitil has to admit that she wasn't paying attention.

However, as Orik begins, she turns her full attention to him, although she still continues to tumble the coin back and forth across her slender pale fingers. "And so, you sought out adventurers, and what a group you have gathered. I know that you have promised the party two hundred thousand gold," she mentions that, quickly glancing around to judge the reactions of those who had not been told before. She then continues speaking, in the same breath as though she didn't pause at all, "but I need to know just what you ask be accomplished for this sum, since most of us have not yet already fully committed ourselves." Lalitil sits back a little, almost relaxing as she suddenly flips the coin she was playing with into the air. "And of course, you will pay half up front once we agree to the task." She then catches the coin, letting the slight *thump* as it falls into her waiting hand be a final emphasis, indicating that as non-negotiable.

Addis Hellfire
07-30-2008, 02:18 AM
Lazarus zoned out for a while, staring off at a wall, his mind going numb suddenly as the words and gestures to spells that he should not even know came to his mind, flooding it, not allowing him to think of anything else. Then, nearby voices reached his ears, and he slowly regained focus. Then, a fight broke out, and the loud noises let him concentrate on the discussion at hand. "I agree, it would be best if we knew what the task was . . . I wonder, there has not been any other news or events about this fortress?"

Abbadon
07-30-2008, 01:53 PM
The barbarian looks at the merchant and says

"I, Reh, son of Howphicraft, may deal with this threat, but I too must know what it is. Let us know if they can survive it, or if it is some sorcery I cannot deal with, or if I should baby-sit the book-folk from monsters while they chant."

Reh then looks back at the female elf and attempts to make a some suggestion in elvish involving a druid, a duck and a hose, and a box of Epsom salts that would get a god of love slapped and sued by a goddess of desperation; but due to his lack of elvish only manages to say something that coincidently resembles Deuteronomy 22:10 in Swahili. This is followed by (in common):

"What name do the worshippers of the love goddess here use to call you?"

nijineko
07-30-2008, 02:45 PM
{ooc: what time of day is it? weather conditions? season and time of year? today's weather and conditions if unusual for the time? lunar phase(s)? any significant celestial signs recently? stellar conjunctions? changes in the land, flora or fauna? just wondering, you know. =D }

michaeljearley
07-30-2008, 04:18 PM
*stares at the barbarian trying to talk*

*stares some more*

*laughs uproariously when the goddess of love is mentioned in reference to the elf sitting across from him*

Caligula
07-30-2008, 04:25 PM
"What must be accomplished-" Otik's words cut off when the elven woman demands half the pay up front. "Absolutely not!" His face twists in angst as he fights momentarily with himself, finally agreeing on something. "The most I willpay before you complete your deeds is a third of the final. Not a gold piece more!" He did not raise his voice, but there was a firmness to it.

Otik does not answer the other questions, but instead stares at the elf, awaiting an answer.

OOC: Time of Day - Morning. Weather - Very overcast, on the verge of raining. A slight drizzle off and on. Season and Time of Year - Spring, many weeks following winter. Other - And nothing unusual. :D Btw all...sorry no post until so late. I was a bit busy this morning with work and the like.

Zane
07-30-2008, 04:50 PM
((OOC: Is it Otik or Orik? He introduced himself as Otik, but now you call him Orik... No problem with the slow posting, RL takes precedence as it must. Besides, it didn't hurt for us to slow down a bit after the first night of posting madness. :D))

Lalitil seems to patiently let Reh finish his ramblings, before she looks at him with her penetrating dark green eyes. "Introductions are in order yes, but business first," she replies to him, her voice a touch softer than normal.

She then turns back to face the fuming Otik, studying him for a moment, letting them stare each other down in silence for what seems like hours, although only a few seconds pass. Suddenly, she smiles at the merchant. "That will be acceptable. After all, intelligent folk simply cannot be expected to agree to a proposal such as yours, likely with significant danger, without something to show for it." She pauses to glance at the others around the table, spending a few seconds focused on the now laughing human ((michaeljearley)). "One third up front works for me, although the others will have to decide for themselves," she summarizes to Otik.

"And the big guy here brought up another good point - introductions. Some have been made, some haven't. I am called Lalitil and the gray-skinned individual is Zomerus. Reh has introduced himself to us all, although the others have not." She glances at the elven male and plain looking human male in particular. "So, now that we are getting to know one another," Lalitil turns back to face Otik and leans back in her chair. "Please continue with what you know and what you expect for the price you are willing to pay."

Caligula
07-30-2008, 06:48 PM
OOC: Lord. Three screwups and I'm out, I guess, and now that's the second. My apoligies...his name is Otik (Named after Tika's friend at the beginning of the Dragonlance Chronicles for those who've read them... I needed a name and that was the first thing I saw flipping through the book, so it stuck. My apoligies again.

As for replying, I'll give it just a little while to allow anyone to post to Lalitil's comment.

Zane
07-30-2008, 07:08 PM
((OOC: As the DM, I think you can decide how many screwups you get. :D Anyway, just wanted to know so I had it right from now on.))

nijineko
07-30-2008, 07:31 PM
{ooc: and just for the record, any dm screwups in the party's favor are ALWAYS welcomed! :D }

Addis Hellfire
07-30-2008, 11:16 PM
[OOC: I demand spiced potatoes!!! If there is a man named Otik in the room, he had better make me spiced potatoes and give me non-watered ale.]

Lazarus scratches an itch behind his ear before answering. "My name is Lazarus. And, how much gold exactly does one-third consist of?"

Genzodus Thoth
07-31-2008, 12:54 PM
Zomerus, who had been sitting rather sleepily while waiting for a chance to speak, eventually got bored and interreupted, "As important as this discussion may be, time is money, and I think that it would be prudent if we got a move on. M experience with eliminating supernatural terrors tells me that the longer we let it sit, the harder it'll be to kill everything. We can discuss payment later. After all, money will do us little good right now, and when you consider that there are probably valuables within the fortress, it's all dead weight. I'd be fine with collecting after we've done our job.

Of course, payment will be expected the moment of our return. I simply don't see the point in carrying it around with us. I mean, with our combined talents, what are the odds that our wealthy friend here could escape without paying?"

Zane
07-31-2008, 04:27 PM
"Well met Lazarus, and one third of 200,000 gold would be a bit over 66,000 gold for the party." She then looks to the necromancer as he speaks, "I agree that time is a factor as well Zomerus; however, I have heard that the keep is patrolled regularly to prevent access, likely done under some guise of 'protecting the general public' of course. So, unless you have a good way to get everyone past these guards this morning still, I for one would prefer to enter under the cover of night. And although he may not escape from us were he foolish enough to offer what he does not have, I feel better seeing at least part of it before we risk the unknown." Lalitil looks to Otik to ensure that the information she had been given was indeed true.

nijineko
07-31-2008, 05:06 PM
The door opens. A momentary break in the scudding clouds transforms the figure standing there into a tall shadowy sillouette. The figure shakes off some water droplets and stands aside holding the door open. Light spills into the room. The first figure reaches out, as if to help someone, but stops abruptly, as if rebuffed.

A second figure, nearly as tall as the first walks hesitantly through the door, touching the edges of the frame as if unsure, somehow. Once the second individual is into the room, the first shuts the door, and looks around. The sweeping gaze suddenly centers upon the table at a slight motion from the other.

With an odd gliding motion the two simultaneously approach, seeming to slide forward more than walk, each raising one arm. As they reach the table, their hands join, and they stop.

The taller of the two is male, though there is a unusual delicacy about him despite his bulk, most notable in chisled planes of his face, and pale cream complexion. His hands are large and calloused; a trained eye would instantly mark his hands as those of a swordsman. He studies briefly each person in turn, meeting their gaze, his eyes an astonishing shade of emerald green. His hair shows blue highlights in its long black locks, some done up into a headdress adorned with crystals of no particular value, but with nice colors and well cut. He wears simple travelling clothes, easy to move in, with an overcloak. He has no armor or weapon visible, though he does have a small pack. A ring flashes in the firelight from each hand. One of his hands has a tattoo covering the back.

The shorter is female, though she is short only by comparison, as each of the two must be over 6' tall. Her wide eyes are the deep azure of a cloudless summer noon, and her gaze is unsettling... for her pupils are almost non-existant. She does not look at anyone, indeed she is gazing off at a slight angle askance, though her head is held high. Her face is more angled than his, the delicate curve of her cheekbones prominent. Her hair is manifestly longer than his; the same blue highlights shine from the otherwise ebon lengths. Her headdress is more elaborate, trailing ribbons down her back and shoulders, but is likewise adorned with crystals of no real value. A large crystal sits where a buckle would on her belt, cunningly wrought into a spidery shape.

Simultaneously, their mouths open, and they speak in perfect unison; a quiet, softly beautiful two-tone chorus:



What darkness comprehendeth?
The bone well gnawed,
the dancer in ambit,
an emotion unchained,
an intellect bound,
a martial pen,
the softspoken sword,
the single hand,
the solitary eye,
the printless foot,
yet still light unknown.

Beware the crimson gold,
lest there be no sunrise.


The woman's eyes are glowing, a blue water rippling sort of glow, which fades quickly. The couple pause, press their hands palm-to-palm in front of them, and bow slightly. The man, noticing the tattoo on his hand, archs an elegantly curved eyebrow and favors it a piercing glance, whereupon the tattoo hurridly slides up his wrist and out of sight under his sleeve.

The woman opens her mouth to speak, but is interrupted, "<<Very pretty, but let's get down to buisness>>." The spidery crystal detatches from the woman's belt and clambers up to her shoulder, settling itself with a distinctly exsaperated stance and folding it's front legs. It's voice was not audible, but sounded in the heads of those about the table.

She shushes the spidery crystal, "Hush, Ii." She turns her body so that she is roughly looking in the direction of the center of the table. "We are here to assist. I am called Oolana-tari, he is called Aah'mon-khad." She does not meet anyones gaze, but stares into the middle distance. In fact, her eyes do not even move at all.

Zane
08-01-2008, 12:56 AM
((OOC: You know, I was wanting to get the rest of my desc in, and this is perfect - thanks!))

As the two newcomers enter and approach the table, Lalitil looks forward to whisper to Otik. "Exactly how many did you call on for this job? Many more, and I'm not sure that your original offer would be enough to cover the risk for everyone."

However, the duo's chorus draws her attention away from the merchant for a few moments. Her face curls up in a smile at the song, but it quickly fades as the crystal seems to come alive and move. After a brief moment of being shocked stiff, she explodes into action. Lalitil jumps back out of her seat, placing some distance between herself and the newcomers, flipping her cloak open and back over her shoulders as she does.

As Lalitil comes to a kneeling stop with her cloak back over her shoulders, much of her equipment and form can be better seen - and all at the table can now see that anyone who mistook her for a helpless elven female would have been proven wrong. Obvious immediately is the finely made chain shirt that she appears to wear very comfortably. She is also carrying on her left hip a meticulously crafted rapier, with etchings of flame along the golden hilt. However, it is the sheathed dagger strapped on her right thigh which her hand now rests on, ready to draw it in a flash. Upon close inspection (for those who dare), her arms and legs show tight definition, more than most would expect for an elven female, and the well toned muscles now show well, as her whole body seems to tense up.

She kneels for a moment, her breathing not really slowing down at all. In fact, it seems to quicken and her eyes actually seem to darken a little as her face becomes twisted and she almost seems to snarl. She seems like a rather different woman than before indicating that there is much more to this small, but powerful, elven woman than one might imagine at first guess.

When she speaks, she does so in Elven, practically spitting out her words. <Who, and what, are you two that you use a creature like those pets of the damnable evil drow?!>

michaeljearley
08-01-2008, 08:30 AM
*stares at the two newcomers in befuddlement*

"What in the nine hells....."

Whatever was to be said next is lost in the frantic movments of the elven female.

* to Lalitil*

"Well, I certainly hope you can restrain yourself better in the fortress. If this is the reaction a little spider gets, I can't wait to see what happens if we run across any of the big ones."

Addis Hellfire
08-01-2008, 09:05 AM
Lazarus cocks and eyebrow, sits back, and watches the scene before him. His eyes shift between the newcomers, Lalitil, Jason, and all others around him. He absent absent mindedly places a hand gently on his bow as he watches.

Caligula
08-01-2008, 09:12 AM
Otik smiles at Zomerus, briefly. "The gold will be paid upon arrival."

"Aye, you should enter by the night, although-" he stops when she finishes with a comment about his ability to pay up. With caution, he opens his robe on one side to show a great number of purses of varying colors and sizes, and then shows them the other side that looks the same. "Don't bother trying to take it - you'll never take it off my body while I am alive." That confused grin shows up again as he looks around for approval. Much to his liking, two figures enter the room, and an answer did not come prior. When Lalitil asks another question, he shrugs. "I only figured a couple would come...I was wagering on five at the best." Otik leans forward. "It seems I was mistaken." He ignores her comment about the amount not being enough, but it was likely forgotten when Lalitil jumps back.

Otik appears confused, but nonetheless calm with the distance of the table between the spidery crystal and he. However, the bard does not react so calmly.

Jumping back almost as much as Lalitil, though not in response to the creature but to the elf's abrupt commotion - but his eyes only became wider when they fell on the small thing now perched on the traveller's shoulder. Bushy, red eyebrows rise as if to make room for the piercing blue eyes, and his mouth falls open in the moment before the utterance of a scream and a curse. If only the bard were another commoner, but as his eyes go to the travellers, anyone who was watching him turns a wary eye on the newcomers, most unaware of the reason.

starwolf013
08-01-2008, 12:19 PM
"...they call this an ale?" is the thought that races through the mind of the stranger seated at the bar. His tongue slides across his lips and the lining of his meticulously cared for beard as he works to wash away the overly-sweetened taste of the beverage in his glass.

"Must good enough for the likes of these frail bodies..."

He surveys the room spotting many elves and humans. While he has no outright disdain for such inhabitants of the world, he knows that there are none that can brew or hold an ale like his own kind.

His amusing thoughts of an elf trying to hold down a tankard of Steadfast Stout are cut quickly by the fight that breaks off to his right. In the process of fighting, the two men had spilled their "beverages" across the ground where the liquid puddle began to creep towards his carrying bag.

"Lightweights..."

The stranger lifts his bag off the floor, hops down off of the tall stool, and steps out of the path of the spilled drinks. He notices an assembly of characters of varying shapes, sizes, and colors. Most seem to be listening attentively to a rather loudly clothed man.

His staggering 4'8", 139lbs frame stepped closer to the group. His eyes scanning over each of them.

"By Moradin, this couldn't possibly be the reason I was called here. What would these characters know of that fortress?"

Abbadon
08-02-2008, 01:54 PM
Reh glances up at the two new comers and then looks about for an unattended drink, ignoring the chorus. When the crystal spider moves about, Reh, raises one hand up between his neck and shoulder to be ready to draw his sword. When Lalitil leaps back, Reh knocks his chair back standing up. When the bard starts screaming Reh firmly places his hands on his great sword, ready to draw it, looking at both the couple and the bard.

nijineko
08-02-2008, 10:33 PM
The couple blink, again in perfect unison. The male... relaxes... in a fashion that any well-experienced warrior would recognize. To unexperienced eyes, he seems to be comfortably at ease. His gaze traverses the room, taking in the reactions... aware.

The female's pupils suddenly fill with burning silvery shimmering points, and a gossamer bubble of rainbows flits away from her in a sphere, fading to nothingness by her arms reach, almost too quickly to register. She tilts her head inquiringly, turns her body slightly to so that her face is more precisely pointing at the female elf, and says in common, "I do not understand what you said." Her voice is still melodic, even when speaking. Her eyes, unmoving, gaze vacantly over the elf's head.

One hand comes up and she places a finger on the little crystal thing perched on her shoulder, about where a mouth would be if it had one. It jerks slightly and bats at her finger a few times, but when she does not move her finger, it settles down on her shoulder, sulkily and without further utterance.

Zane
08-03-2008, 01:34 AM
Lalitil shifts her glare over to the plain looking human, and he can see that any gleam in her bright green eyes has been replaced by a darkness. "Silence Lad'edan," she barks at him.

She then stares hard at the female, but does seem to relax a little, even though her hand and stance remain the same. "I asked, 'Who, and what, are you two that you use a creature like those pets of the damnable evil drow?' Did you understand me that time?"

Genzodus Thoth
08-03-2008, 12:51 PM
"Calm down, calm down. Things will be more difficult for us later if we cause a ruckus now," Zomeus sighed as he stared blankly at the ceiling. He really didn't want to get involved in something as stupid as this, but it seemed that he had no choice. "I don't care about your deities' pointless squabbles. What I do care about is you making it harder to accomplish our goal.

Either focus on the task at hand or leave. Besides, doesn't pointless violence go against an elf's usual philosophy? That's the problem with gods: they say something, but when you cross them...ehhh."

nijineko
08-03-2008, 02:47 PM
The couple seem to confer with each other, at least the slight body language visible seems to indicate so... a slight wave of the hand, shake of the head, the male huffs slightly... though nothing is audible. Despite this oddity, the man's attention remains locked upon his surroundings; clearly indicated by his eyes. After a few moments, the woman speaks again, inquiringly, "Whom are drow? Neither of us have ever heard of such persons, or is it a person... or thing?" She raises the hand touching the crystalline thing to brush her long hair back away from her face, tugging on it, revealing a decidedly round ear. She realizes what she is doing and drops the hand back to the crystal. Her long hair promptly slides back forward, partially covering her ear again.



{occ: i'm assuming that the second address was in common. =D }

Zane
08-03-2008, 11:38 PM
((OOC: Yes, it was in common. Sorry for the confusion.))

Lalitil relaxes a little, believing them - for now. She stands back up, smoothing out her cloak. However, she remains backed off from the table a little bit, not yet retaking her seat. "I care not about the dieties' fueds," she replies to Zomeus. "It's much more personal than that." However, she drops the conversation, obviously not ready to discuss it. Looking back to the duo, she answers their question, "Drow are an underground-dwelling vile murderous race, one that worships spiders." Seeing the rukus that she and others brought, she continues. "I apologize for my action. I saw your pet, and assumed the worst. I simply have not seen anyone that was not with drow so comfortable around such vermin."

Addis Hellfire
08-04-2008, 08:13 AM
[OOC: I'm still here, just haven't been near a computer for a while.]

Lazarus listens to the conversations, grows somewhat irritated. "Now that all of the confusion is out of the way, may we get back to the mission briefing?"

Zane
08-04-2008, 08:58 AM
((OOC: Come on, how many PbP games can get 60 posts in their game thread, and still not have the information about what exactly they are being hired to do? :D))

Lalitil nods to Lazarus, "As long as no more show up out of the blue, we should do just that." Lalitl looks back to Otik, waiting for him to try to explain the job once again.

Caligula
08-04-2008, 12:30 PM
. .

Caligula
08-04-2008, 12:45 PM
The bard leaves the stage and makes his way very quickly out of the common room, glancing nervously at the couple. With little noise, the door swings shut behind him, almost closing before a man pushes it open. The man standing in the doorway is tall with golden hair and almost feminine features. His stance is elegant, making him seem almost slouching while he stands there, though ready and alert as any trained warrior would be. A shortsword hangs from his belt - any who are educated in the elven culture will be able to see that both are indeed elven make - but it is covered as his cloak settles. Dark eyes survey the room, scanning the faces.

Otik appears startled at the actions of the party. "I mean not to offend-"

The man in the doorway moves forward upon spotting the table at which the company has gathered, his stride light and smooth. He keeps his hood up, his face shadowed if only a little.

"-but I wish there to be no tension. All we need now is more problems." Otik attempts to calm those that were raising their voices to the woman with the crystal.

The man looks at those standing, his eyes moving from the two that stood before the rest to Lalitil to Reh. Laughing slightly, he speaks. "The gods are not to be insulted, human. Guard your tongue lest you find yourself in the wrath of the gods." Then, in a low, yet powerful voice, "If a drow is among you, I advise you hide yourselves. The knights are on their way after a commoner's beckon." He remains nearly a statue, only his head giving a semblance of life in his body. Training his eyes on no one person for long enough for any to believe he was speaking to them, he still goes over each to show that he means what he says. "Make haste, if what is reported is not false."

nijineko
08-05-2008, 06:13 PM
((OOC: Yes, it was in common. Sorry for the confusion.))

Lalitil relaxes a little, believing them - for now. She stands back up, smoothing out her cloak. However, she remains backed off from the table a little bit, not yet retaking her seat. "I care not about the dieties' fueds," she replies to Zomeus. "It's much more personal than that." However, she drops the conversation, obviously not ready to discuss it. Looking back to the duo, she answers their question, "Drow are an underground-dwelling vile murderous race, one that worships spiders." Seeing the rukus that she and others brought, she continues. "I apologize for my action. I saw your pet, and assumed the worst. I simply have not seen anyone that was not with drow so comfortable around such vermin."

The crystal thing comes to all it's feet, the very picture of quivering indignation. There is a choked emanation from it, <<V-v-vermin!?!?! Such... Why... What... Oh!!!>> It's sputtering trails off into barely detectable muttering under it's mental breath, as the woman snags it from her shoulder and holds it in her hand.


Lazarus listens to the conversations, grows somewhat irritated. "Now that all of the confusion is out of the way, may we get back to the mission briefing?"


Lalitil nods to Lazarus, "As long as no more show up out of the blue, we should do just that." Lalitl looks back to Otik, waiting for him to try to explain the job once again.

The spidery legs of the crystal evaporate with a soundless sparkle. Unless one were looking at the woman's hands just then, it is not very likely to have been noticed.


The bard leaves the stage and makes his way very quickly out of the common room, glancing nervously at the couple. With little noise, the door swings shut behind him, almost closing before a man pushes it open. The man standing in the doorway is tall with golden hair and almost feminine features. His stance is elegant, making him seem almost slouching while he stands there, though ready and alert as any trained warrior would be. A shortsword hangs from his belt - any who are educated in the elven culture will be able to see that both are indeed elven make - but it is covered as his cloak settles. Dark eyes survey the room, scanning the faces.

The woman turns her body slightly. Somehow, she is aware of the man intently scanning the crowd. Immediately thereafter, man smoothly shifts stance to allow him to include the man in his field of view.


Otik appears startled at the actions of the party. "I mean not to offend-"

The man in the doorway moves forward upon spotting the table at which the company has gathered, his stride light and smooth. He keeps his hood up, his face shadowed if only a little.

"-but I wish there to be no tension. All we need now is more problems." Otik attempts to calm those that were raising their voices to the woman with the crystal.

The woman speaks, "We likewise apologize for our ignorance and for unintentionally causing a scene."


The man looks at those standing, his eyes moving from the two that stood before the rest to Lalitil to Reh. Laughing slightly, he speaks. "The gods are not to be insulted, human. Guard your tongue lest you find yourself in the wrath of the gods." Then, in a low, yet powerful voice, "If a drow is among you, I advise you hide yourselves. The knights are on their way after a commoner's beckon." He remains nearly a statue, only his head giving a semblance of life in his body. Training his eyes on no one person for long enough for any to believe he was speaking to them, he still goes over each to show that he means what he says. "Make haste, if what is reported is not false."

The woman is still. The man speaks for the first time. His voice, lower than the woman's, is equally melodic, a nice counterpoint to hers. He looks directly at the man calmly, and without fear. "We are of human descent, and furthermore are not kindly disposed towards those who deal with the Dark, as has been described." He gestures with one hand towards the elvish woman. His hand is large and heavily calloused, unmistakably the hand of a trained swordsman. "The bard who left as you came in, he seemed disturbed, perhaps afraid. Is he well? We enjoyed his singing."

Abbadon
08-06-2008, 05:44 PM
Reh takes his hands away from his sword, sets his chair upright and sits down, borrowing the nearest unattended drink.

Zane
08-07-2008, 09:27 PM
Lalitil does her best to focus on Otik, but can't help but notice the golden haired man that enters and approaches them. At first she sighs, thinking him yet another adventurer come to join in, but quickly decides that he must be a local based on the way he talks.

When he finishes, Lalitil turns to face him slightly, taking a moment to measure him up. "Although I applaud your reactions to the thought of a drow presence, your knights will be wasting their time here - the drow would be dead at my hand long before they ever arrived."

During this time, Lalitil does all she can to keep her attention elsewhere, away from the duo and the crystal spider.

Caligula
08-08-2008, 08:05 AM
When the golden haired man came up to table, Otik lets out a sigh. He takes a moment to think - only a moment, and one he likely would regret - before making a decision. Simply put, he ignores anything else that was said. "Alright," he says, speaking up to the party. "Get on your way. Six hundred fifty thousand if you leave now - I don't want to be in the wrong light when the knights come."

Otik makes a gesture as though he were going to stand, but nonetheless remains seated, waiting on ay decision.

"I only come because people are talking of it. It's all over town." the man said to Lalitil. Nervously, he takes a look around the room. The man with golden hair seems to feel his work is fulfilled (or at least that he is done going out of his way to make a fool of himself) and spots an open seat at the bar, to which he moved.

Genzodus Thoth
08-08-2008, 01:42 PM
Upon hearing his employer announce that they were to leave, Zomerus' face brightened, "Finally! So then, my comrades, shall we go as a group and force our way past the guards or go one by one and sneak in with minimal violence? Personally, I don't care, but I'd prefer that it be decided immediately. Well, immediately after that stupid girl gets me my ghorb-ed tea!" The necromancer paused for a moment, looking awkward and glancing at the others sitting at the table, "Err...I didn't just swear in infernal; you misheard me. I said...eh...shut up! Let's just leave now."

nijineko
08-08-2008, 02:39 PM
The man's attention settles briefly upon Zomerus, before moving on to the merchant. "I believe that there will be no need for force or deception... yet," he mentions casually. He eyes the merchant carefully, "In what light will the knights take our expedition?"

Addis Hellfire
08-08-2008, 08:04 PM
Lazarus was alarmed by the the mention of guards en route to his current location, but did not react. His eyes shifted between the apparent adventuring party, then to the inn itself.

[OOC: I know, Lazarus doesn't do much . . . 'tis how I act in an actual D&D game lol. How many windows and doors are there? What kind of inn would this be (common, well kept inn like The Inn of the Last Home, high class, or dingy low class that you would see in a place like Lankmar of Sanctuary?]

starwolf013
08-08-2008, 10:34 PM
"I be tired of drinking this slop water anyway." With a gruff voice, Bruenor interjects himself into the conversation.

"You have already done a fine job of drawing unwanted attention," His sunken, dwarven eyes address everyone though they primarily fall back to the once shrieking female and the rather eccentric "couple".

"With the entire town upset over this fortress, it shouldn't be hard to get the story of what has been happening here."

Patience may be a virtue for many races, but it can be rather hard to find for a dwarf, especially one that whom embraces the glory of battle with open arms. Bruenor was never one who fancied a long conversation that wrapped itself in circles. Besides, the swing of his hammer guided by Moradin reached an audience louder and with more clarity than the spoken word ever could.

"And I'd rather get it from them than answer the questions of some knight..."

Bruenor points at Zomerus.

"He has the right idea. I say we should go."

michaeljearley
08-10-2008, 04:50 PM
**I"M BACK**

"Let us be off then. I agree with the necromancer we should be off."

*turns to the Zomerus*
"Says something quietly* ((Anyone who speaks infernal, PM me and I'll dilvulge what was said)) ((Any who wish to overhear hear a gutteral, evil sounding vocolaziation))

Abbadon
08-11-2008, 04:17 PM
"Finally! So then, my comrades, shall we go as a group and force our way past the guards or go one by one and sneak in with minimal violence? "

"Doesn't matter as long as it lets me crush enemies, see them driven before me, and hear the lamentations of their women and children."


"He has the right idea. I say we should go."

*Reh Brock-Samson-esquely shouts "YES!" while slamming fist and what used to be a mug onto the table.*

Zane
08-12-2008, 01:29 AM
Lalitil glances at the dwarf, mumbling in Elven ((any who speak Elven can PM me for what it was - DM, I'll send you a PM)) a moment, before making sure the blond haired man leaves. Once he does, she looks to Otik. "Agreed, 650,000 gp now. We should separate then, to more easily get past the likely now heightened security. We should meet inside the entrance an hour after sundown. If you can't make it in, you don't belong with this group." She holds her hand for payment from Otik, ready to leave as soon as it is received.

((OOC: And now everyone can figure a way in. Note that Lalitil doesn't care if people work together to get past - she's just figuring that the party shouldn't hang out together all day long, kind of draws attention, and that finding a way in alone, or with others, will be a good test of the others in her eyes. If I'm stealing your thunder Caligula, no offense intended, this is just how Lalitil would see it.))

nijineko
08-12-2008, 10:09 PM
The couple wait patiently for the merchant to answer the question.

Addis Hellfire
08-14-2008, 06:11 PM
[OOC: Just posting a quick OOC to let you guys know I'm still here, lol. Lazarus is just sitting back and watching. Really though, windows, doors, what do we have to work with?]

nijineko
09-23-2008, 09:13 PM
{well, so far we have a front door, a fireplace, a table, some seats, a darkened corner, some other tables with seats, at least one of which is now broken, a floor with some wine and ale on it, a barstool, and a stage. one would assume a smoke hole or chimney due to the fireplace. }

Abbadon
09-27-2008, 07:06 PM
{ Nope, no chimney or smoke hole. What, didn't you spend the 15 GP for a gas mask, or the 50 GP necessary to have a wizard cast the "breath smoke" spell on you? I'm sorry to tell you, but I think your character has long since died from carbon monoxide poisoning. }

nijineko
09-27-2008, 08:12 PM
{double checks the inventory of his characters to see if they purchased that bottle of air or not.... ^^}

Anodyzed
09-27-2008, 08:21 PM
I think the term "fireplace" means the installation has within a requisite flu and exhaust vent, don't you? Otherwise why call it a fireplace, and not just a 'fire'?

nijineko
09-27-2008, 08:23 PM
{ i suppose due to the fact that it is a place made for fires... flue or not. ^^ }

starwolf013
10-12-2008, 05:34 PM
*Bruenor yawns and scratches at his beard*

"These blasted humans and elves move slower than a piercer!"

Zeneak
10-18-2008, 12:57 AM
A man pushes through the threshold of the door way once more. soaked through and through. he had a canine at his heel, both of them were dripping wet from the drizzling down pour that had been going for some time. he looked around the room. taking a look around... a broken table, ale spilled on the floor. He straightened himself to the full 5'8" he was and removed his cloak, it was very light weight for the area's weather. he took no time to start removing it, rolling it into a bundle of soaked cloth. he wore very plain clothing... loose linen shirt and pants tied together with a worn looking cord belt. a pack slung over his shoulder. his hands were held by leather knuckle cut gloves that showed he was wearing two rings as well, one on his left ring finger and the other on his right pinky finger. his dark brown hair was wet to his back, it went down just past shoulder length. The man's hazel eyes were just that, nothing mystic about them, simply deep from expirience and sights of the horrors the world could bring forth.

His dog barked once and he knelt down next to it "indoor voice Chimi." he said before standing again. a necklace of a small shriveled hand passing into view before he slipped it back into his normally loose shirt that was somewhat clinging to his chest. it was sleeveless and showed vines tattooed onto his arms, coiling around them like they had grown down the lengths of his arms. a few other things hanging from his belt were a silver candelabra, a scroll case, and a Bull's horn that was full of grapes, fruit and stalks of grain... and a single rose. Across his chest he had an almost empty bandaleer. he took a deep sigh and started farther into the tavern, the smell was horrible but he wanted a bit of wine to taste, and a little bread to savor it with. he noticed the group in the corner and cocked his head to the side.. he had seen this all too often, a group settling together before going on a dangerous expidition. he shook his head before heading over to the lot

"i bring greetings from the EarthMother.. you all look like a gathering prepared for skirmishing.. so many weapons can only mean dangerous times and suffering. i have just arrived in Amisst.. and if it were not for the weather i would say there is a dread about this place. My name is Androsant. some call me Androsant the gentle hand, but that is a simple title. my reason for approaching you.. is a bit of a bold question. you all seem to be preparing for something, i would like to know if it has the well being of this place at heart... if it does i would like to lend you my services."

he finished and stood there waiting, cape still rolled over his left fore arm.. a closer inspection made him look underprepared he had no armor, no weapons.. little to no equipment then what he had on his back.

Guardian of Hell
10-18-2008, 12:44 PM
(Okay...this is all based on my perception of the current events. I'm not the one that created the characters or wrote everything before, so correct me if I error somewhere)


The man's attention settles briefly upon Zomerus, before moving on to the merchant. "I believe that there will be no need for force or deception... yet," he mentions casually. He eyes the merchant carefully, "In what light will the knights take our expedition?"

Otik leans forward to look at the man closer, then turns his attention to his surroundings, casting a sweeping gaze across the room. "I don't know. I just don't want them meddling--I know they will. If you do not get on your way, there may be trouble." He stopped to think for a fleeting moment. "I would come with you, but I am not one to walk the street with strangers . . . you would need to get out the back way."


[OOC: I know, Lazarus doesn't do much . . . 'tis how I act in an actual D&D game lol. How many windows and doors are there? What kind of inn would this be (common, well kept inn like The Inn of the Last Home, high class, or dingy low class that you would see in a place like Lankmar of Sanctuary?]

(Lets go with a common-Common Room, just an everyday average run of the mill one. Couple of windows, the front door, back door opposite and on the same wall as the round stage. Bar is to the left walking in (or so i assume. i think i read that somewhere) and there are tables most everywhere. oh and cant forget bout the fireplace and the broken table. I can't really think of an inn that meets the same standards, but think of the standards of the inn in Baerlon (the Stag and Lion) from the Wheel of Time. Not the appearance, but the general way it is kept, with a slight turn and edge on it.)



Patience may be a virtue for many races, but it can be rather hard to find for a dwarf, especially one that whom embraces the glory of battle with open arms. Bruenor was never one who fancied a long conversation that wrapped itself in circles. Besides, the swing of his hammer guided by Moradin reached an audience louder and with more clarity than the spoken word ever could.

"And I'd rather get it from them than answer the questions of some knight..."

Bruenor points at Zomerus.

"He has the right idea. I say we should go."

Otik pushed himself to the edge of his chair. "Alright!" he hissed, producing a bag, bulging with coin, and then another. Out of one he took a platinum piece. "eight hundred fifty gold pieces now, four times that upon completing the task. Is that enough for your fancy?" He demanded the last sentence harshly, straining his next to see past everyone to the door. Still closed.

At the protests from Jason and Reh, Otik could only get more nervous, as if only waiting for the last thread to snap and everything to fall into place.

The sigh breathed by Otik was heavy upon the approach of the newcomer. Shaking his head, "I don't have time! Take the fellow with you and depart. explain the natures of your task away from here." For the first time, Otik stood, clearly proclaiming how large around the waist he was. Holding out bags of money, he waited for someone to reply.

Anodyzed
10-18-2008, 01:42 PM
Tannar watched the exchange with interest, but tried not to appear too interested. He intended to be part of this group, going against whatever it was in that abominable place they all knew, but didn't know. His portion of the 850, plus the four times later when they returned would keep him in supplies for a while, more if they all didn't return. But by Ehlonna, he would do his best to help this group return.

Waiting for the group to leave, were they going to slink out the back door like thieves in the night? the ranger watched, adjusting in his armor ever so slightly.

Genzodus Thoth
10-18-2008, 03:26 PM
"Excellent, excellent; let's depart, shall we," Zomerus said with great enthusiasm. "Come on, Smash, Bash. We're leaving."

Hearing their master's command, the necromancer's "associates" rose from their table, showing their great height. They approached the table and stood on either side of him. The man himself simply reached out and took one of the bags from Otik.

"Let's go," he proclaimed, almost in the manner of a young boy at the fair. "We definitely don't want to keep our 'friends' waiting. Following what the madam elf suggested, I will now take my leave of you. I hope to see you inside later."

With that, he and his minions turned and walked towards the door.

Guardian of Hell
10-18-2008, 03:42 PM
(Just for reference, which door did he walk for? Front or back)

Genzodus Thoth
10-18-2008, 04:45 PM
(Sorry: the back. 'Tis not a good idea to chance running into the guard whilst in the company of bugbear zombies.)

Zane
10-18-2008, 05:47 PM
Lalitil grabs the other bag of coin, as she had been the one demanding some payment up front anyway. She casts a smile at Otik, although it appears more like a smirk, "For me, it is indeed a start."

As Otik takes his leave, she looks around at the others that have gathered, trying not to show the disapproval she feels for such a group. "You want in, leave now. If separated - meet inside the doors of Dusk after dark." She then slides the bag of coin she collected into her pack and slings it over her shoulder, all in one fluid motion as she stands and heads out the back as well, following Zomerus - for now.

((OOC: I missed this until I was going back and regathering my notes - but did he just offer only 850 gold to a party of 6-8 10th level PCs? And promise 4x that later, for a total of less than 5,000 gold? Especially when they were offered 650,000 gp earlier. Just wanted to check, since you sai to let you if anything got missed. :-P))

Zeneak
10-18-2008, 06:19 PM
Androsant seemed confused, raising his hand to delay one of them, but hesitated when he saw the thugs. a conserned look crossing his face.. could these people really be trying to help the town. it was worth a roll of the dice. he tried for the elf, the man with the purple hair was a bit much "pardon me miss. really i would like to know what is going on, and if i can help in any way." he said, his voice was gentle, though he did reach for her shoulder. more of a feeling of connection kind of thing, his people weren't a very secluded sort though he had no real way with words.

Zane
10-18-2008, 06:32 PM
Even as Androsant reaches for her shoulder from behind, just as he thinks he will reach her, she dips her shoulder and spins tightly, a slight glint of light being the only warning to Androsant that there is now a blade between him and the elf, and most likely right about waist level.

Lalitil just looks him in the eyes for a second, almost daring him to approach more. "I am not a miss." Her green eyes seem to quickly study him, "If you want to try to help, follow me." Lalitil continues to make her way out back, and keeps moving a number of blocks away to get some distance between her and the Scarlet Ogre.

((OOC: Where does Zomerus head once he gets out? If he's heading away, Lalitil might follow him for now, since she believes that he at least can be helpful. But since we are all parting the bar, we could either all separate, or stick together a little. Lalitil would rather separate, but *I* see sticking together better, chances to RP and all.))

Genzodus Thoth
10-18-2008, 07:11 PM
(Zomerus had intended to immediately go to Dusk and use his invisible imp familiar to open doors, run distractions, etc. while he waltzed right in. Of course, since he still has to guide his zombies in, having an additional person won't particularly matter.)

The pale-skinned man strolled merrily along, completely unphased by the fact that he was about to enter an old fortress from which no one had returned alive. To him, it was simply another test of his abilities and a way to make some quick cash. Of course, there were sure to be all sorts of vile creatures there that he must smite in the name of the dearly-departed, but he looked forward to that in a manner that even paladins would call unhealthy. In fact, he began to hum softly to himself. It was a morbid-sounding tune, a hymn to a little-known god of retribution who had been a vampire slayer in his mortal days.

It was the dirge of Cshan the Mad, called the Devil Prince, to whom he prayed for the salvation of the souls he released from their undead imprisonment. Of course, only those who were true scholars of religion knew that he was nearly completely human. In fact, the only planar blood that ran through his veins was that of a god of goodness. Zomerus shook his head, thinking of the foolish, judgmental masses who had condemned his lord. He knew that it was only a matter of time before he suffered the same fate, and though he would do so willingly for his just cause, he would continue his mission for as long as possible.

Anodyzed
10-18-2008, 09:39 PM
Even as Androsant reaches for her shoulder from behind, just as he thinks he will reach her, she dips her shoulder and spins tightly, a slight glint of light being the only warning to Androsant that there is now a blade between him and the elf, and most likely right about waist level.

Lalitil just looks him in the eyes for a second, almost daring him to approach more. "I am not a miss." Her green eyes seem to quickly study him, "If you want to try to help, follow me." Lalitil continues to make her way out back, and keeps moving a number of blocks away ...

Tannar watches the momentary encounter between the elf and the other. He decides she's one he can trust. Predictability is trustworthy. Its the unpredictable, those who can't be counted on to do what you think they'll do, the arbitrary, the capricious, that will get you in trouble.

Following her as she leaves, he catches up for a moment and asks quietly, I hadn't figured yet a way to get in. Does your plan have room for others to join you? I'm Tannar, by the way. And I understand from back there, you aren't a miss. Tannar smiles, trying not to seem 'impertinent.'

Zeneak
10-18-2008, 10:12 PM
[are your zombies noticeable zombies or just bugbears?]

Androsant followed though he was now very wary of the elf woman, stating "if you do not appreciate the touch of a potential companion, then you had simply say so. i meant no offense by it. the earth mother teaches to be kind and nurturing to one another after all." he glanced back to the others in the tavern, the merchant in particular.. it suddenly felt like shady dealings. not a good sign.

as they walked he heard the humming trying to think to himself if he knew the tune from somewhere.
Knowledge Religion
if he caught the songs meaning he would frown.. he was getting swept up in a bit of a mess.

Genzodus Thoth
10-18-2008, 10:19 PM
(They probably smell funny, but you couldn't tell that they were dead unless you looked at their faces or checked their reaction time.)

Zane
10-18-2008, 10:55 PM
Androsant followed though he was now very wary of the elf woman,
((OOC: Yay! That was exactly the feeling I wanted to project. :D))

Once they get outside and a couple blocks away, she calls as softly as possible out to Zomerus, to have the man wait a moment and gets this little group gathered together. ((Zomerus and his 'friends', Lalitil, Androsant, and Tannar))

She then looks back to the two newcomers. "Ok, you two were not part of the original crew, especially since you," she points to Androsant, "admitted you just stumbled across us. However, it might prove useful to have a couple more sets of hands. I'll tell you both that what we have been tasked to do it technically against the law of the land, but it should end up being for the good of the city and region. If that bothers either of you, leave now. If not, I'll tell what what little we do know." Lalitil leans back a little, putting her weight on her right leg and crosses her arms, waiting their responses.

Zeneak
10-18-2008, 11:23 PM
Androsant nodded "as long as it is good for the city. the dread in this place is choking to breath." he said, the walk had him in the rain again, he had flicked his cloak back on as they left. his canine companion following at his heel still. his hand came up a moment to eat a grape before disappearing back into his cloak "as long as we are careful to do as little harm as we can. with that blade of yours.. try not to kill people. death in such a way is a horrible way to go. a peaceful death of natural causes is most preferable." his hair was soaked and he pulled it all back, tying a pale tan ribbon into it that matched his cloak, keeping it in a bundle so it didn't get into his face.

nijineko
10-18-2008, 11:31 PM
(back at the inn...) The couple pause momentarily, conveying that odd sense of conferring with each other, again. The man takes two of the proffered bags, one for each of them, saying, "We will undertake your task, but our ways and means are our own. Please leave us to them with an unburdened heart."

They turn and head towards the fireplace, and the low stage with the table abandoned by the bard. The woman snags two empty seats on the way, tucking her staff under one arm to do so. The man lags behind slightly and snags a few coins from one of the bags the merchant gave them. "Bartender! A round for everyone in the house!" So saying, he tosses a few platinum coins to the man, seeing that he catches them, then joins the woman.

Meanwhile the woman finds the stage by tapping one of the chairs ahead of her, finds the table, puts down the chairs to feel the shape of the table, and then positions the chairs around it, facing out towards the room. She places her pack on the table. The man joins her and places his pack on the table as well, pausing to do something with each pack-unclear as he is standing in the way.

They position themselves in front of the chairs, and begin to sing a two part melody, entirely without words, their voices blending in harmony. The woman is holding her staff again.

Anodyzed
10-19-2008, 12:25 AM
She then looks back to the two newcomers. "Ok, you two were not part of the original crew, especially since you," she points to Androsant, "admitted you just stumbled across us. However, it might prove useful to have a couple more sets of hands. I'll tell you both that what we have been tasked to do it technically against the law of the land, but it should end up being for the good of the city and region. If that bothers either of you, leave now. If not, I'll tell what what little we do know." Lalitil leans back a little, putting her weight on her right leg and crosses her arms, waiting their responses.

Tannar ponders what he's been told for but a moment, then gives his response, Law is for the many, not for those unafraid to make the world safe. I have no aversion to crossing that boundary in order to set something right again. But I am not here for self-agrandizement. I have no interest in fame. And I won't fawn over someone who seeks fame at others' expense. But my arrows will fly true, and I will support my comrades in arms.

Zane
10-19-2008, 02:24 AM
Lalitil nods to the both of them. "I make no promises about my blades, but killing people is not my intention. As you both likely know, there is an ancient fortress here in town, and a darkness has taken over it, even literally. Those that entered to see what was happening never returned. In fact, it is considered dangerous enough that the local lords have banned anyone from entering and have guards patrolling around it. That is where we must break the law - one that is designed to keep the general public safe from entering on a drunken dare, but one that hampers true adventurers. The merchant is paying us to investigate the fortress, and if we can clean it out - the better. Thus, we break the law to help out the entire area. As far as fame Tannar - I doubt this would make anyone famous, those in charge are more liekly to take credit if we succeed in clearing out whatever is going on. For me, I've kind of made it a habit to study the darkness and what it holds, thus why I was sent for this mission."

Lalitil looks around quickly, making sure they haven't picked up any other ears. "Right now, the plan is to meet inside the keep an hour after sunset, as the cover of night will aid most people in accessing the fortress. I know I can get in, but what about you all? I don't care if you share them aloud, but do you have any ideas on how to get past the guards and into the keep?"

Zeneak
10-19-2008, 02:32 AM
Thinking a long moment "i have done my fair share of sneaking about. mostly from goblin raids trying to hunt me down, but are there any windows? a tree to climb and a leap to be made and i am in. otherwise if we need a more direct approach.. i can drop in and neutralize the guards. it will call some attention to be sure.. but for those that can't get in themselves it will give an opening." he said. thinking about that for a bit longer "i am also an adept runner.. i can out run most horses infact. so a distraction i can be. then i just need to get myself inside."

Zane
10-19-2008, 02:39 AM
"I haven't seen the place myself yet - in fact I was going to head there to check it out. If you want to follow along, feel free," she says with a carefree tone. Lalitil thinks for a moment and then looks to Androsant, with a much softer look than he had seen earlier. "And about our meeting earlier, I was still on edge from things that happened before you got there, sorry." That said, she turns her attention to Zomerus and Tannar to see if they have plans to get in.

((OOC: Yes, I know Genzodus Thoth mentioned Zomerus's plans OOC, but Lalitil doesn't know that he has a plan.))

Genzodus Thoth
10-19-2008, 10:31 AM
Hearing the question, Zomerus smiled, if somewhat crookedly, "I have certain...methods for entering, and if all goes according to plan, I will simply walk in through the front door. If, by chance, someone does find me, then I also have methods for eliminating them without commotion: a liberal dose of a certain neurotoxin that I can administer remotely. It will very nearly paralyze any that get it in their system, which would allow me to kill or KO them with minimal bloodshed. My goal, of course, is the villains within; I shouldn't be trying to slay some innocent guards. If the rest of you come with me, though, I cannot guarantee the same degree of success with that plan.

It then falls to each of yours individual skill in stealth and distraction. I hope that you can all perform adequately."

Guardian of Hell
10-19-2008, 10:46 AM
Otik simply stared at Lalitil when she took the bag, just as he did at Zomerus. He did not hesitate much longer though to add: "And four times that if you finish!" And in case someone were wondering, "And it's all in there. Every last piece."


((OOC: I missed this until I was going back and regathering my notes - but did he just offer only 850 gold to a party of 6-8 10th level PCs? And promise 4x that later, for a total of less than 5,000 gold? Especially when they were offered 650,000 gp earlier. Just wanted to check, since you sai to let you if anything got missed. :-P))

(Ha! He tricked you! :P Yes, you are correct, 850K.)

It took but a second for the merchant to leave via the front door, quickly making his way into the crowd, lost to sight.

(Okay. So if anybody wants to visit any shops or anything, you can buy stuff out of the PH, DMG, or any other little knick nacks you can find from other books. If not from PH or DMG, they cannot be magical. *hint* Lalitil and Zomerus have all the money! :P)


(Zeneak: You caught phrases and pieces to what was said, not understanding most of the more difficult words, but you could gather what it was roughly about.)

(And I guess that there were four bags. What is done has been done, and I didn't see Nij's post in time haha :) so make that four.)

Anodyzed
10-19-2008, 12:28 PM
That said, she turns her attention to Zomerus and Tannar to see if they have plans to get in.

Tannar considers the conversation carefully.

I have not formulated a plan. I assume I could overpower a guard, but probably not several in concert. And that seems like a brute way to do it, I fancy myself more a finesse type, truth be told. If any among you have a way for others to go in with you, that would be my best route at this point, for if not, it would take me a day or two to watch and get a good feel for the situation then to see if I could come up with my own. And honestly I think should we all go in through divergent means, that might well mean we all end up in widely different areas, and thereby have eliminated our most potent advantage going in, the group. I'd much prefer to stick together, since this is not some wilderness more suited for my other talents,

Zeneak
10-19-2008, 04:25 PM
Androsant would nod his agreement to Tannar's point. making his own suggestion that could keep the group as a whole and still allow them all access. "then a sudden rush of the guards at the door. get inside before they can say anything.. no guard would enter in that place.. they are here to restrict us.. we must simply plow into them.. once again i can move in.. disarm them so they run for help, or have them chase me.. giving the rest of the group a large hole that the group as a whole can exploit. better yet i can cover the area in wave of mist.. it will be hard to spot anyone more then five feet way.. we can strike from the unseen and then bypass them." he glanced up at the over cast "perfect weather for a rolling mist." [obscuring mist is fun.]

Zane
10-19-2008, 04:49 PM
"Then between the few of us, it seems like we should all be able to make it in. However, I have a desire to not carry so much coin with me through the dungeon - maybe some shopping is in order." Lalitil looks to the others, "Anyone else coming?"

Genzodus Thoth
10-19-2008, 05:16 PM
Zomerus held a look of disdain on his face. More items would simply weigh him down. On the other hand... He weighed the bag in his hand as his father had taught him. Of course, its magic properties negated anything that he might be able to learn from such an action, but it was really a matter of principle than anything else.

"All right," he agreed, "I suppose that lightening our load by removing coin is a wise idea. However, I would advise against getting anything heavy that would slow us down. Also, has everyone made preparations for food and water? I have my doubts about being able to consume anything in such an environment. I, personally, have insurance for such a situation, but it was not without cost."

To clarify this point, he took hold of his long, hideously-purple, hair and drew it out for all to see.

Anodyzed
10-19-2008, 06:22 PM
"... some shopping is in order." Lalitil looks to the others, "Anyone else coming?"

Tannar nods. I'll be with you. I'm specifically looking for either a replacement for my bow with better magic, or someone who can boost its potency. And an enchanted Heavy Mace to replace the one I'm carrying, should I be forced into melee. Are you familiar with what's available here in town?

starwolf013
10-19-2008, 07:13 PM
"I doubt I'll find anything as finely crafted as my equipment, but it would not hurt to check."

Zeneak
10-19-2008, 07:44 PM
Androsant shook his head "i keep what i can on my back and need nothing more. Chantea provides for me. i have any amount of fruit and grains that i can eat from my horn. i have given up harmful ways well past a decade ago. so do not ask me to carry a weapon. [the way hell put it sounded like i should just take the boots, so i will just say he had them for some time. probably why he is not worried about making such rediculous jumps. "so i offer my services to you without asking for more then a few hundred gold so that i can aid the homeless and those that need food in this city... though i could use new robes. my outfit is getting very beaten down.. i would hate to be arrested for it wripping from over use soon."

Zane
10-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Lalitil doesn't even look back at Bruenor, but yet speaks to him. "You move rather silently for a dwarf, but not silent enough." Looking at the size of the group that has gathered, a slight frown comes to her face, but it disappears as quickly as it forms.

"As far as what is available in town, I don't know - I only just recently got here as well. Only way to find out is to look though, so let's see what we can find." With that said, Lalitil starts to make her way out of the alleys in search of shops.

((OOC: Just waiting for DM to figure out what is available. I'm personally concerned with is it possible to improve existing items, or are we left to only purchase new items?))

Guardian of Hell
10-20-2008, 03:04 AM
((I guess I'll start using double parentheses...looks better for OOC, and brackets for locations. To purchase new items would be easy, but as already stated, enhancing old ones will likely take time...but of course items could be bought that are already enhanced.))

Should you look around the town, you would find various shops, and considering the size of the town, it is odd how much selection they have available, and how lofty the prices can get. Food, drink, armor, and weapons are at your fingertips ((PH or DMG)).

And to elaborate on the town. It is rather small, but shops, houses, and the like are packed into the space it has, all winding together like a maze. Dusk of course is outsize the town, about a mile away (more likely than not someone in the group knows the way over). Any questions are welcome.

[[Back at the Inn...]]
The golden haired man stands from where he is and makes his way out of the back door, regarding the man and woman with a passing glance. Upon leaving the inn, he glances around - whether he sees the company is not apparent because his eyes do not rest on anything. Hurriedly, he rushes off in the opposite direction, soon lost to sight down an alley.

nijineko
10-20-2008, 05:45 AM
The couple finishes the song, bows in general to the inn patrons, and shoulders their packs. The leave the chairs where they are, and head out the front door. ((assuming no interference)) Once outside, they pause to adjust to the brighter light and to consult with each other... managing to casually scan the surroundings thoroughly in the process.

Guardian of Hell
10-20-2008, 08:35 AM
Upon coming outside, they might glimpse four men not forty yards up the street (to the left), each wearing silver armor that glistens in the sun and crimson cloaks that hang from brawny shoulders. They are talking to a pair of men on the side of the road, with no sense of hurry.

The road goes on in both directions until it is interrupted by buildings that stand in its way to redirect the path another way. Hardly any of the structures are more than a single story, and each looked identical to all others except by the sign that hung above each door. It's an average town, with many above-average people going through it regularly...who can complain?

nijineko
10-20-2008, 10:55 AM
After a suitably lethargic pause, the couple walks leisurely towards the armored figures, presuming them to be the knights which have been spoken of. They will drift to a stop some few paces' distance to the side, and politely pretend that they are not overhearing what is being said.

Guardian of Hell
10-21-2008, 07:18 AM
Nijineko, make a Listen Check.

((So, people. Talk to me! You each have time to kill from at least noon till
sundown (think 6). What are your plans? Anything you want to buy?))

Anodyzed
10-21-2008, 10:42 AM
Nijineko, make a Listen Check.

((So, people. Talk to me! You each have time to kill from at least noon till
sundown (think 6). What are your plans? Anything you want to buy?))

Tannar is interested only in the Weapons.

Zeneak
10-21-2008, 02:00 PM
Androsant looked to the skies, had it let up a little? when he first came it had been a drizzle. he knelt down and petted his canine companion.. now that the sky was bright he would remove his cloak and shirt, leaving his bare shoulders to carry his back. his entire upper body was tattooed with vines that had thones like roses which ran down his arms and into his gloves. his back held the main attraction though, a bouque of grains and fruit, with a single rose positioned near the middle (easily recognized as the symbol of chantea for anyone who knows a lick about greater gods) "so first i suppose we should see just how many guards we will have to deal with hmm? hopefully they will simply be bypassable." (once everyone is ready to go and organized he will start towards the tower, not to try to get in, just to scope it out. looking for trees, set up, surroundings that could be useful, and a rough number of guards and how well equiped they are.)

nijineko
10-21-2008, 03:51 PM
Everyone politely pretends to not hear what is being said.

first Oo, then Ii, then Aa.

{{a point of trivia, my little boy watches the playhouse disney series, and when it's over, the monkeys sing a little goodbye song-which includes the syllables above. also, in the curious george series, george makes four sounds typically, 'oo', 'ee', 'ah', and 'bleh'. this song and curious george's sfx were actually the inspiration for my characters' names. ^-^}}

Guardian of Hell
10-24-2008, 07:16 PM
Zeneak: The sky is overcast, and the drizzle has stopped for now. The sun is hidden behind a veil of clouds and the air smells of rain.

Nijineko: Fair enough. Ii picks up a lot, concerning an escaped prisoner and a little about a tavern brawl. The knights seemed to be uninteresting in small talk, and as the conversation continues, the subject some "hellhole" comes up, and one of their knights disappearing.

Soon after, the knights turn away and the man they were talking to disappears down an alley with a sidelong glance both ways, oblivious to the eavesdroppers. The knights, when the man is gone, continue toward the inn.

nijineko
10-24-2008, 10:08 PM
Oo'lana-tari will take a hesitant step towards the sound of the footsteps of the knights, tapping her staff in front of her. She stretches out a hand slightly and says, "Your pardon, can you help me?" She is facing slightly askew from the knights.

Anodyzed
11-07-2008, 07:58 PM
Waiting for the others, Tannar scrunches down, back to a wall, leaning back with his cloak pulled up about him, and waits for the others to decide how to make entry. May as well get a little rest, never know when the opportunity will come along next!

Looking out from under his cap, and over his knees, the ranger awaits the call to action.

Zeneak
11-15-2008, 03:14 AM
Androsant went over to the ranger and knelt down beside him. making sure he was as close to some bushes and other such things outside the walls so he could stay concealed. "hello friend. what do you think of the situation, have you been in town long?" he would ask in a whisper, reaching around for his bull horn to gather an apple and offer it to his new acquaintance.

Anodyzed
11-15-2008, 01:22 PM
Androsant went over to the ranger and knelt down beside him. making sure he was as close to some bushes and other such things outside the walls so he could stay concealed. "hello friend. what do you think of the situation, have you been in town long?" he would ask in a whisper, reaching around for his bull horn to gather an apple and offer it to his new acquaintance.

Tannar greets the one who has approached him, Greetings Androsant. I'm not much of a tactician, I think we should get the group together and rush the gate. In that case I think theres very little a few guards could do about it. Only been in town a few days, just passing through when I heard about this job. Sounded like a good way to churn some coin for equipment, and also do the world a favor by ridding it of some vermin along the way. No thanks on the apple, I ate my fill earlier. I'm an archer mostly, what's your skill?

Tannar looks him over without being rude, trying to assess the skills he might need to depend on when the going gets rough.

Zeneak
11-15-2008, 10:05 PM
Androsant began munching on the apple and smiled when he had finished the bite "I am a traveling priest of Chauntea. i prefer passivised but life has not allowed such a thing for me. though i have sworn never to use a weapon of any kind so a bow is beyond me."

Anodyzed
11-16-2008, 01:34 AM
Tannar looks at Androsant eating the apple. Are you vegetarian? or do you let others do the killing of animals for your food? I'm sorry, that was unkind of me. Weapons are merely tools to accomplish a job. If a pacifist can accomplish peace without force of arms, I suppose that is better for everyone. But my experience is that some need to be put to the sword, or bow, for the safety of others. I won't kill needlessly, but sometimes its the only way. So if you're a priest, are you as well a healer?

Zeneak
11-16-2008, 02:18 AM
Androsant went about finishing his apple and smiled "well i have never been into a slaughter house but many haven't either. though i must say i am not accustomed to aggravation due to my unwillingness to wield a weapon. i have gotten by this far without picking up a sword or bow, but never mind that. As long as we do not slaughter everything in sight you have my word that i will aid everyone best i can."

Anodyzed
11-20-2008, 11:18 PM
Looking over his knees at Androsant, Tannar adds, I shouldn't have said that, I'm sorry. I don't 'wait' well. I'm used to being on my own, just doing what needs to be done. I've travelled with a few groups, and we've lost a few along the way, so I recognize the value of a healer. I don't suppose you know much about any of the others? I think until we get the group together and face our first test as a group, everyone may well have the jitters I'm having. Once the rush hits though in the need for action, I think that will be forgotten. Just not used to waiting.

Zeneak
11-21-2008, 01:32 AM
Androsant turned over to his back and nodded looking at the shrub before he stood up, he walked over and broke the apple core in half, giving it a good bite before pulling out the seeds. he then worked the soil with his hands a moment and planted them a ways away from the bush to give room to grow. after he had planted the seeds and broke up the core in the soil he came back over "i am a man of action as well, though i believe we are waiting on the odd pair with the spider. if you would prefer we could go in without them. though i must say waiting out here sounds so much more pleasant then out there."