PDA

View Full Version : Announcements

Caligula
07-24-2008, 11:35 AM
This is for any announcements from the DM and/or players, such as an absence.

michaeljearley
07-24-2008, 02:05 PM
I'll be at home Aug. 2nd thru Aug. 10th. I will not have internet. I may be able to use a friends, but certainly not with the repeativness that I will normally will.

Caligula
07-24-2008, 02:37 PM
Alright, sounds good. I'm sure we could slow it down just a tad bit for that week or so until you get back if you are able to post (even if sparingly). Thanks for the heads up :)

Zane
07-24-2008, 03:05 PM
Speaking of regularity - since this is PbP, what do you consider a "normal" rate of reading/posting? 3x/day, once/day, every 48 hours, twice a week, etc?

Caligula
07-24-2008, 06:32 PM
Well, I am on pretty much all day, from five in the morning till very late at night...my computer is always on so I check in regularly multiple times an hour. As for normal people, I would say it's fair enough to check in at least once a day. (can I get some say on this from all of you?) I mean, like we all are getting so many posts in daily, I really can't put a number in concrete. However it goes, I guess it goes...some days probably faster than others, some slower....all depending on who is online when.

nijineko
07-24-2008, 06:36 PM
i don't have internet access from home right now, so i'm pretty much limited to lunch breaks, with a few exceptions. =D but note my activity level, i may be sometimes infrequent, but i'll not let you down. ^^

Caligula
07-24-2008, 06:38 PM
No problem, Nij :) Like I said, I don't have concrete numbers, so as long as the game keeps moving it'll all be fine.

Zane
07-24-2008, 08:08 PM
Cool - just figured I'd ask. BTW - My posting potential will be rather low between Aug 8th and Aug 19th, as I am moving and will have to wait until the cable company can get it hooked up. Now, I should be able to check from work still - but I won't be able to connect at home.

michaeljearley
07-24-2008, 08:10 PM
We all seem to post enough. Dosn't look like it should be a problem.

Caligula
07-24-2008, 11:16 PM
Cool - just figured I'd ask. BTW - My posting potential will be rather low between Aug 8th and Aug 19th, as I am moving and will have to wait until the cable company can get it hooked up. Now, I should be able to check from work still - but I won't be able to connect at home.

Don't worry bout it ;)

Really, as long as no one says something like..."I'm gonna be gone for the entirety of 2009", I don't think there will be any massive problems :D

nijineko
07-25-2008, 12:24 PM
oh... in that case...

just kidding!!!

Caligula
07-25-2008, 01:02 PM
.:D

Addis Hellfire
07-26-2008, 04:42 AM
I can check this forum at least once per day. Still, do we have a max on posts per day?

Abbadon
07-26-2008, 09:25 AM
I would guess as often as possible as your turn would allow (i.e. don't go and save the world by yourself just because only you and the DM are on at the same time). If someone could react to the actions in your most recent post, then I'd recommend not posting after that. Just give time for everyone to react.

Caligula
07-26-2008, 12:10 PM
Abbadon pretty much summed it all up. No, there is not a limit (as in a set number), but you can only do what you can do in your turn. Give others the chance to react in most cases before moving on.

nijineko
07-26-2008, 03:26 PM
i imagine that if the bad guys saw someone skipping others turns, they'd figure that they could do it too, after all, they are bad guys. then they'd all gang up on the party one-by-one skipping our turns until they won. and we wouldn't want that to happen. ;D

Caligula
07-26-2008, 04:27 PM
Aw, but why not? That would be pretty enjoyable from this side of the spectrum. :biggrin:

nijineko
07-26-2008, 06:12 PM
but consider... you'd have to be the one doing all the paperwork of who's turn it is and who managed to skip in front of who, as you know that we'd all start doing it. ^^

Addis Hellfire
07-26-2008, 11:09 PM
Hey, about a posting order? I've seen them done on other forums with mixed results.

Caligula
07-27-2008, 12:42 AM
Nooo. I was kidding...Kidding! :)

Hmmm. I'll consider it. Thanks for the idea! Lemme think about it...I'll get back to you later tonight or tomorrow morning.

Caligula
07-30-2008, 04:27 PM
Just to let everyone know, I got a name change.... I got my old one a while ago when I signed up and I never had a real liking for it. :D But anyway, just a heads up so no one freaks out when some new guy is DMing in the game thread.

Zane
07-30-2008, 04:56 PM
You caught me off guard already, as I wonder why I was subscribed to a thread started by Caligula... but I figured out the avatar quick enough.

Unless, someone else has killed the real DM and taken over his account, and is now planning on PKing us all...

Oh, as far as the post order idea - things seem to be going ok so far. So how about we just let it run for now (until combat, of course) and see how it works? If there are problems, we can always make an announcement about it here.

Caligula
07-30-2008, 06:13 PM
Hermm. I knew I needed to leave the avatar there after I killed him... :D Of course, he does have this annoing tendancy to wake up every time I kill him...:crazy:

Yes, I was planning to go that way. Combat needs a little structure, but roleplaying is nice the way we have been doing it.

nijineko
07-30-2008, 06:21 PM
after the roman emperor? or some other source i'm unaware of? from what little i know, the roman dude was an usavory sort, the epitime of corruption and excess that characterized the fall of the roman empire.

hmmm, maybe i shouldn't be mentioning all that to the dm.... like i was saying, i really don't know much about it! i was just curious about the significance of the name, is all. ^^

Caligula
07-30-2008, 06:31 PM
At first I was like...who brought up Roman Empire??...but then I realized I did. :D I'm so dull sometimes.

The name is the name of a character in my novel, a bard to be exact. I did not intend any reference to the Roman guy, except maybe that my bard can get a little roudy sometimes. Now, if you don't like my name, I can tell my dice some pretty nasty things you said about them and get you on their bad side.... :P ....kidding. Haha but I don't think I really even thought about Rome when I chose it...it just sounded interesting.

Abbadon
07-30-2008, 07:16 PM
Caligula was a bit more than rowdy. According to tradition, he commited incest with his sisters, slept with other men's wives and bragged about it, killed for mere amusement, and made his horse a consul and priest.

Caligula was his somewhat unique nickname (the imperial guard called him "the little boot" or Caligula when he was a kid), and most folks are going to associate decadence with a name as they associate treason with Judas (although there were plenty of Judases, some of who were probably pretty loyal).

nijineko
07-30-2008, 07:29 PM
no, no need! i like your dice! nicest dice i... ah... never met.... *^^*

obviously, i missed some of the details... i didn't know all that about the roman dude! so, change of subject?

(character glances at the sky) looks like rain, don't you think?

Caligula
08-04-2008, 12:58 PM
Alright, it seems that I will likely not be online the better part of weekends (usually only saturday morning and sunday night, apart from the weekdays), but I will be online more on the actual weekdays. I hope this does not disturb anything, but I guess 5 outta 7 isn't too bad (not considering any exceptions).

nijineko
08-05-2008, 05:24 PM
second character sheet is 99% done. =D see pm for details. ^^

Caligula
08-06-2008, 07:25 AM
Seen, read, and approved, Nijineko :)

Abbadon
08-06-2008, 05:39 PM
Sorry for being late about this.

My grandmother had a stroke this Sunday. She's OK, she wasn't able to move her right arm or leg, but she can now shrug her shoulder and can lift her right foot off of the bed about five inches. The doctors say she'll make a full recovery. One of them even said that if he had to have a stroke, this would be the stroke he'd want to have.

This is the main reason why I haven't been online, as wikipedia is about as wild as the hospital's wi-fi will allow.

Caligula
08-07-2008, 07:11 AM
Ah, so that's where you were. I am sorry about your grandmother, and I hope for a speedy recovery, as well as a full one. :) As for the game, real life is more important, and it's not a big deal. Eitherway, welcome back.

Zane
08-07-2008, 09:30 PM
I will have rare internet access from now until Aug 18th, as long as my internet gets hocked up when promised. More information will be posted once my availability returns to normal.

nijineko
08-08-2008, 01:08 AM
hope your grandmother recovers well and soon! our prayers go with you and yours.

Zane
08-18-2008, 06:46 PM
Ok, I'm moved in and back online. Give me tonight to catch up and Lalitil will be back in action.

Oh - Abbadon, hope your grandmother is doing better.

Guardian of Hell
10-22-2008, 04:21 PM
Just as a heads up I've been under the weather a bit (a flu I believe), and I'll be back gaming with you guys ASAP. :) Thanks for understanding.

Zeneak
10-22-2008, 08:21 PM
hey get better, it's what's important. see ya when i see ya ^_~

nijineko
10-23-2008, 02:17 AM
we will still be here, get better soon. =D

Abbadon
10-23-2008, 08:32 AM
Sorry about this, but I don't know that I'll be able to play. Between my grandmother's stroke, moving my grandparents to a retirement home, moving my (good-for-nothing) uncle (who does nothing for my grandparents/his parents) into their house*, and college**, I have to hold off on some stuff in order to maintain my sanity.

Since the party does not have as much brute force, I guess just NPC my character or something (or perhaps his attempts at elvish pick up lines summon a Byakhee (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hastur)). If I get some time, I may pop back in every now and again to have Reh do something (if he doesn't accidently cause himself to be devoured by the servants of an elder god angry at Reh's cosmic misdialed number).

*(even though we could lease it instead to help pay for the retirement home)
**(the school rearranged the schedule to help folks with gas prices, but this now means that all my important assignments for different classes are staggered so they just keep coming one after another)

nijineko
10-23-2008, 02:47 PM
very sorry to hear of your difficult sitation. i hope that you will find the hidden third path. our well wishes go with you, and take care of your situation(s) first and foremost, ne! ^^

Zane
10-23-2008, 05:23 PM
Aye, get feeling better GoH - just let us know when you back up to running again.

Abbadon - glad to see you can still check the site a little bit, even with RL throwing you so many curves recently. I'm sure we could keep Reh around as an NPC so you can return and hit on Lalitil when you get a few minutes now and then. :p

Guardian of Hell
10-24-2008, 05:25 PM
Thanks guys. I'm back...my apologies for taking so long...I took an extra day off to rest. I'm gonna read up and get back in the flow and I'll be posting replies and whatnot tonight and tomorrow morning and we will be back in the groove.

And I'm sorry to hear you go, Abbadon. Zane's right, I'll just NPC your character until you are ready to rejoin if you wish. Good luck in RL!

nijineko
11-10-2008, 09:31 PM
moving day is tomorrow! so i'll be offline for a week at least, unless the stops along the way have free wifi. i don't know how long it'll be before i get access again. but if i have to drop by the local library or restaurant for wifi, i will. =D

Zane
11-10-2008, 10:30 PM
I take it that you didn't quite get accomplished what you wanted to in the game before moving after all. :)

We'll be awaiting your return, most likely at least. :p

nijineko
11-10-2008, 11:11 PM
heh. and i wouldn't blame you. you can believe me that i'll be checking here every chance i get. i haven't gotten a reply to my last pm to goh. so i'm waiting again. if anyone is curious about what i'm up to, i'll share via pm, and you are free to offer advice. ^^

Zeneak
11-15-2008, 03:03 AM
I'm back! sorry about not being able to check lately guys, school work swollowed me whole, though i just finished a nice sizable project so i am reading over what has happened in my, slight absense

nijineko
07-06-2009, 04:41 PM
is there still interest in this game? anyone? speak up, please.

Zane
07-07-2009, 02:33 AM
Aye - very much so.

nijineko
07-08-2009, 01:10 AM
that's two....

nijineko
07-14-2009, 03:31 PM
well, unless some more show up... i'm thinking that's not enough incentive for me to take over... even as much as i was liking the characters! sigh.

nijineko
09-28-2009, 12:49 AM
alright everyone. i have some good news and some bad news. as is my wont, i will start with the "bad" news. despite the fact that i've been spending only a fraction of my time with posting on rp and my other online projects, i've been spending too much time on the computer overall. i've noticed behavioral changes in the wife and boys that indicate that i'm too distant, or distracted, or busy... and i won't have that.

so i'll be spending a lot less time on the computer, and more time with the family. which means that the various online based projects and rp i'm involved with will take a serious hit in my attending to them.

the good news is that i will still make an effort to maintain involvement, but it will be more like a once or twice every month or three... or possibly even less often. i will be reachable via email, though much less often via pm or im. if you need to reach me, email me-or call if you have my number. ^^

again, this does not mean i am abandoning anyone, nor does it mean i am dropping anything, per se. if it does come to that somehow, someday, i will let everyone affected know specifically.
it does mean, however, that there will be loooooong gaps between when i look in to take care of something. if anyone cannot work with this, i fully understand, please contact me to work out any details. =D

like the cat of proverb, i'll always come by again... eventually. ^^

another piece of good news, i have a second part time job, so i am busy learning the in's and out's of that one, in addition to learning the first one. i'm near a month at my first job, and just finished the first week at the second job. looking forward to being able to pay more of the bills, that's for sure!

questions, comments, and in general, communications are welcome!