PDA

View Full Version : some suggestions....

nijineko
07-17-2008, 06:00 PM
noticed that there is a handy new line showing up on the main portal of this site that shows how many people in chat. if this were to show up in the same location on every page of the forum and other portions of the site, that would get a lot more usage. =D most people don't seem to realize that there is a chat feature.

may i also suggest that there be a sub-forum or threads added to the forum which link to the articles and blogs section of the site, please? that would increase visibility enormously. =D

agoraderek
07-17-2008, 06:27 PM
noticed that there is a handy new line showing up on the main portal of this site that shows how many people in chat. if this were to show up in the same location on every page of the forum and other portions of the site, that would get a lot more usage. =D most people don't seem to realize that there is a chat feature.

may i also suggest that there be a sub-forum or threads added to the forum which link to the articles and blogs section of the site, please? that would increase visibility enormously. =D

dude, every time i go in chat, im the only one there...

Igbutton
07-17-2008, 06:28 PM
I can't even find the link on the main page...

cplmac
07-17-2008, 07:12 PM
I've actually been in the chat feature on two different occaisions and found one other person on it. More often than not though, when you go into the chat feature there is no one else there.

michaeljearley
07-17-2008, 09:49 PM
no kidding, dead zone

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-18-2008, 12:27 AM

Chat feature? Seems it needs to be more prominently displayed.

Thoth-Amon

mrken
07-18-2008, 12:19 PM
Been there a few times myself, but I was the only one there every time. But I still go there occasionally. Guess I am a glutton for punishment.

nijineko
07-18-2008, 07:45 PM
likewise i will go there. look just under the banner add on the main portal page, to find the new link. ^^ i would be there now, except that work computers don't allow flash. ^^

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-18-2008, 08:04 PM
likewise i will go there. look just under the banner add on the main portal page, to find the new link. ^^ i would be there now, except that work computers don't allow flash. ^^
Well what do you know, there is a chat section. Too bad i am the only one logged in at the moment. We need to make this section more pronounced so more will know about it.

Thoth-Amon

cplmac
07-19-2008, 07:21 PM
Was on the chat feature the other day after I had submitted the post above. Amazingly enough, at one point we had 4 people on the chat screen at the same time!

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-20-2008, 02:55 AM
Well, i have jumped on numerous times since finding out about the chat feature, and still, as of yet, have been the only one logged in.

Hmmm, cool idea(chat), we just need to make it more widely known to our members. Heck, we should even have hosted chat topics. That would be great.

Thoth-Amon

amardolem
07-20-2008, 11:33 AM
You are a man of your word Nijineko!

As an experiment the other day I just left it minimized for about 2 hrs, and finally people showed up...people who didn't actually expect to chat! One was nijineko, who vowed to bring this to someones attention. Well done sir@

~Shabesugi Ojiisan

nijineko
07-21-2008, 05:08 PM
~tondemo nai. ;D

no problem. after all, this is another online option for gaming for all of us here at this site.... =D

nijineko
07-21-2008, 05:12 PM
now what would be perfect, is for it to supplement the play-by-post by allowing exporting of chat transcripts including die rolls such that it could be posted to the play-by-post section. even cooler if it did this automatically via activating a "record" button or somesuch. =D