PDA

View Full Version : Nowheresville

Shadowfire757
10-19-2006, 08:09 PM
Wow looks like there aren't many people in my general area. The closest I saw was an allegan resident and allegan is still a drive for me. WOWEE!

Well, I suppose its best to start at the beginning. My name is Shadowfire, well at least that is me here and in many other places online. I am in the Soutwest Michigan area close to the border, Hartford, MI if anybody is familiar with the area. My current project is a living campaign where you must reclaim the freedom of the world. I actually got the idea from an excerpt in the Evil Handbook. Right now I am playing a smash the door campaign as a kind of prelude to the big game. So to the point I am looking for players in the area or even looking for a game that isn't very far from where I live. I have dozens of characters I want to work with but you really cant do that if you are a DM, you know. That was originally how I was going to get back into the gaming scene was as a player not a DM but when you cant find a game you gotta make one. Up until recently I had been playing Dnd based Computer games (Baldurs Gate, Neverwinter Nights, etc.) and the diablo series. With my only active games being run online, but I prefer the environment of the table top just sitting back with some friends killing Orcs and shooting the breeze.

RPGs I have played
Werewolf: The Apocalypse
BESM (in limited capacities online)
BESM d20
Dungeons and Dragons (The Almighty RPG;))
Advanced Dungeons and Dragons 2nd Edition

My website actually features some of my characters. For a while characters were my hobby, if I didn't have anything better to do I'd whip out the dice and start rolling stats.

Anyway, so this place looks promising especially reading the tagline. Sounds good to me. So welcome to my world, LOL, you're sure to go insane (or something like it).

So anybody outthere looking for some Tabletop players in Lower Southwest Michigan? I could probably bring a buddy along too, we're both kind of at a loss for a steady table top group.

Or maybe you are looking for a table top game to join, new people are always welcome in my game as long as you can keep up (iow attend the sessions).

Wow, do I ramble or what?

Grimwell
10-20-2006, 08:37 AM
Hey Shadowfire! Good to see another friend from Michigan here! According to the Google Maps, it's about an hour between us which is prohibitive. That said, it's not impossible every now and then. We should consider getting together during the next Marmalade Dog Con in Kalamazoo.

Also, you may want to consider joining the Kalamazoo area Meetup group. It's fairly new so our numbers aren't that large, but we are working on growing the members and that can open you up to more players (not everyone there followed the link to this fine site).

Shadowfire757
10-20-2006, 04:02 PM
So how do I get to the Kalamazoo Meetup Group site? Do I just plug it into a search engine? As for Marmalade Dog, I didnt even know a convention like that was around here. You may get your chance to meet me.