PDA

View Full Version : Help!

Vrath
07-15-2008, 07:50 AM
I am new to the site and apparently there is a daily limit on private messages for new comers which I met yesterday introducing myself to people in my area. I received a handful of responses but even though I haven't sent any messages yet today I still can't reply to anyone who has sent me a message. I recieve the error saying I have exceeded the daily limit and that I should contact an admin if the error is in error but I can't seem to find a forum thread for tech support or a "contact us" button of any kind. My suggestion is that this site needs both of those, and if anyone sees this and can help me I would really appreciate it.

cplmac
07-15-2008, 08:08 AM
Yes Vrath, there are limitations that our esteemed administrater, Farcaster has built into the site. The reason for this is to prevent/deter spammers. When you first "joined" the site, did you recieve an email welcoming you? If so, then if I remember right, I think that along with that email was where the information was about the limitations at first.

Have you listed yourself on the Player's Registry? If not, I would recommend doing this. This way, members that have been on here can see your profile easier and send you a note first.

If you scroll down to the very bottom of the page, you should see a line with the words "contact us" underlined. I think that this is the contact button you are looking for.

Also, if I haven't already done so in a different post, let me say, "Hello and welcome to the site." It is a very good resource for finding either players or groups.

Farcaster
07-15-2008, 10:03 AM
It is a daily limit, but it does not reset at midnight. It is based on the last 24 hours. And cplmac is exactly right. The reason we put that limit in is to protect you and others from being spammed. In the incident that spurred this, we had someone join and just start sending massive amounts of PMs to people about a website they were trying to push. Perhaps though I can look into easing the restriction IF someone has added you to their contact list.

Vrath
07-15-2008, 07:15 PM
Thankyou both, a 24hr reset..... I can't believe I didn't think of that, I guess senses are clouded by my d&d withdraws..... *pointing to the bottom of the screen* Oh theres the contact button..... again I blame the withdraws.

michaeljearley
07-17-2008, 03:27 PM
It's okay Vrath, I'll help with the withdrawls.
Best way to get over a "hangover" is to get "drunk" right?

nijineko
07-18-2008, 07:47 PM
the chinese say, "poison to break another poison...." i don't know anything about hangovers... but in any case the only cure for gaming withdrawls is gaming, that's for sure!