PDA

View Full Version : Looking for 2 more players in a long term 1st & 2nd edition AD&D game

Tauralathan
07-09-2008, 02:56 PM
We're on Session 19 of an ongoing campaign and we are seeking another player.

Campaign setting:
The World of Greyhawk base setting, year 567. The characters have a major roll in shaping Greyhawk's future.

Beginning character level:
1st. Beginning at 1st level creates greater care, understanding and appreciation for every tiny thing your character gains, accumulates and learns. Nothing creates fondness better than having 12 hit points total, being surrounded by four goblins and having only one attack per turn verses their four.

Even though two of the remaining players have been playing for a few sessions, beginning at first level will not hinder nor obstruct the game play and fun.

Classes:
Any single class character to begin with from 1st or 2nd edition rules (including odd classes from Dragon magazine) except the Paladin or Anti-Paladin (these are NPC only classes in this campaign).

Remember to play something that you want to play, and not something that the party "needs". This is huge, and makes for a better game all around if you play a class that resonates with who you see yourself as in an imaginary setting.

Races:
Humans, Elves, Half-elves & Dwarves. Gnomes have a bad situation in this campaign. They are slaves, lower class and pretty much stomped on by all the other races and are an NPC only race. Any other races to be considered for a PC are subject to discussion.

Spell casters:
I use a spell point rule system that works very well. The amount of spell points is based on level + Intelligence bonus for Magic-Users or Wisdom for Clerics.

So you will have a number of spells at your disposal and will utilize spell points to cast them. 1 spell point for a level one spell, 2 spell points for a level 2 spell, and so on.

No components for lower level spells, but the higher the spell level (after 6th) the higher the possibility for spell components and extensive rituals to simulate the rareness and special needs the powerful magic needs to be unleashed.

Ability score rolling:
We'll be using the 4d6 discard the lowest die method. After all scores are rolled then they are arranged to your liking in whatever ability you choose. My view is that the player characters are exceptional individuals.

Hit Points:
You are exceptional beings. The cream of the crop. You begin with the hit point maximum, and gain an additional 1d4 hit points per level to the third level on top of your normal hit point accumulation per level.

Alignment:
Chaotic Evil and Lawful Good may be extremes, but that does not make them stupid. A lawful good or chaotic evil PC or NPC may be an extremist, but they are still typically self aware and favor self preservation.

Your characters will be called upon to make decisions and do things that are not only a test of your character's psychological hardiness... but yours as well. This campaign is considered a no holds barred campaign where the harshness that life offers in terms of what monsters, humans, elves and dwarves are capable of can and will echo the horrors of real life and the worst horrors imagination has to offer. There will be fun times and there will be absolute horror in the game. Evil is intelligent, comes in many packages and is not always something that sticks out like a sore thumb.

You are intended to be a party with good or neutral tendencies according to the concept of Dungeons & Dragons. Your own alignments are up to you, but the overall campaign is bent on being generally good or having neutral tendencies. So if you intend to walk the path of "evil", you'll need to be crafty, smart and quick witted to pull it off if you adventure with good natured characters.

Game Length:
This is a long term campaign. The last game I ran lasted for five years and only ended because I moved away. I would very much like to see the PC's advance well beyond 20th level.

If this sounds to your liking, please contact me. I look forward to having you in the game.

Dave the DM