PDA

View Full Version : DM / Player Tools Graph Paper program

Oedipussy Rex
06-29-2008, 08:03 PM
Being new to this forum, my first post is a link for Graph Paper Printer (http://pharm.kuleuven.be/pharbio/gpaper.htm), a graph paper genarating program. There is a newer version out there, but it has limited options until a registration code is entered; this version is fully functional.
From the product description:
Graph Paper Printer is an application designed to print numerous kinds of graph papers, music manuscripts and pattern papers, with user-defined sizes and colors. The options are available through dropdown pick-lists:
Cartesian, polar, triangular, hexagonal, axonometric and dot diagrams.
Linear scales (metric, imperial, time, equal divisions, customizable).
Non-linear scales (logarithmic, quadratic, gaussian, square root,Weibull, logit).
Music manuscripts and tablatures.
Mercator grids.
Pattern papers (lines, bricks, losanges, ellipses, hexagons).

Enjoy

cplmac
06-30-2008, 07:33 PM
I don't remember who it was, but there was a previous post by someone that was trying to find something to make hex paper.

tesral
06-30-2008, 10:51 PM
It gives me an interesting problem. I have the program, but it will not run on the Linux box which is hooked to the printer. But will run on the windoze box not hooked to the printer.

cplmac
07-01-2008, 10:29 AM
It gives me an interesting problem. I have the program, but it will not run on the Linux box which is hooked to the printer. But will run on the windoze box not hooked to the printer.

Guess you have two choices. Switch the printer to the windoze box when needed to print, or buy a second printer and have one hooked up to each box.

cplmac
07-01-2008, 10:32 AM
Just found the previous post. It was actually for poster size hex paper. Unless they would want to tape a bunch of smaller sheets together, this may not work for them.

tesral
07-01-2008, 10:44 AM
Guess you have two choices. Switch the printer to the windoze box when needed to print, or buy a second printer and have one hooked up to each box.

Or network the printers.

The only solution to the large hex paper problem I can see is to print an 8.5x11 sheet with hexes half the size you want, and have the local copy place print it 22x17.

If it is out there I could not find it. My Google-fu was weak. I searched the office supply and art supply places I know or could find. Graph paper I can find. Heck I have a pad of 10 square 17x22. Hex paper I could not find.

I have some older sheets but if I have a blank one (something I doubt) it's brown ink on tan paper and would not reproduce well.

Oedipussy Rex
07-01-2008, 12:41 PM

Wine?

nijineko
07-04-2008, 07:19 PM
that would be a possible solution.... i suppose that screenshots would kind of defeat the purpose! anyone have a spare plotter, by chance?

tesral
07-05-2008, 06:57 AM
Wine?

that would be a possible solution.... i suppose that screenshots would kind of defeat the purpose! anyone have a spare plotter, by chance?

Wine might work. Woth a try if I feel the burning need.

A plotter is an excellent idea, if you can find one. Big plotters are neither cheap nor common.

I have a drafting table. If I was feeling totally anal, I could produce a large size piece of hex paper the hard old fasion way. Just don't have that kind of crazy happening however.