PDA

View Full Version : underboss hints (requested)

nobliss
06-28-2008, 01:20 PM
hello all I'm currently about to start a game. problem is that i was trying to create a mob boss like cast of villains and need help finding my 3RD and 4Th under boss (1ST is a hell fire wyrm, 2nd a linnorm). my main boss is graz'zt. anything but a dragon is cool(or dragon like). also i could use some advise on a few allies. now i don't need stats just need names and book listing. i have a lot of the books(to my wifes dismay) but not all. any help will be appreciated. thanks!!!:brick:

Farcaster
06-28-2008, 02:01 PM
I'd need a lot more information about the campaign and story line to make suggestions on what types of monsters -- that is what you are looking for, right? -- to use as "bosses" in your game. The one thing I did notice is that you are using both a Hellfire Worm and Graz'zt. Correct me if I am wrong here, but aren't these two on different teams? A hellfire worm is a "demonic agent of the nine hells," and a corrupter of nations. By himself, he's a great mastermind to have as the end-encounter of a campaign. But, it must be an interesting story indeed as to what might bring this agent of the Nine Hells together with a Demon Prince from the Abyss -- considering these guys are on opposites sides of the Blood War which has been waged for millenniums untold.

cplmac
06-28-2008, 03:29 PM
Although I am not familiar with the Hellfire Worm, I do not see the demon prince Graz'zt as agreeing to be anything less than first underling. Even then, he would be trying to work things so that ultimately, he would be the "top dog".

tesral
06-29-2008, 01:07 AM
Are you looking specifically for demons? Are we talking boos types equal in a hierarchy?

I would set your stats and make the difference in the fluff and or specific attributes that each has. If demons you can really make them anything. Demons being random critters you can create as needed.

nobliss
06-29-2008, 01:00 PM
thank u farcaster for the update on the war which i had heard about but have no books on the full story. but it does add to my plot in which graz'zt is tiring to use the under bosses to gain control of the main land, in a four prong attack. who's realm is greater cause i could use that to enforce the need for an ally if graz'zt's goal is for filled. the goal is to dethrone asmodeus (cause pimps are better than politicians ). i would like them to be anything other than demons that way it makes for secrecy. also no more dragons though I'm sure they will run into a few, the hell wyrm and the linnorm are enough of that sort for the story. OK this is a campaign that has my players starting from scratch I'm giving them 5 levels to do with what they want (ecl and all). this way while their walking around bar hoping and such, the walls start to cave in on them so that i don't have to make them follow the story justice will demand it (and alignment too;)). one more thing, mac graz'zt is the head honcho, just because drunk and high mother mothers will respect his gangster more.

cplmac
06-30-2008, 07:44 PM
Oops! Sorry! I wasn't thinking that you were using Gratz'zt as the "Top Dog". Now it totally makes sense, after reading your second post.