PDA

View Full Version : Threats of the Galaxy II, III, IV!!??

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-26-2008, 11:57 AM
So I picked up my copy of Threats of the Galaxy and was totally expecting a terrible book due to all the hype about the errors in the stat blocks etc...

However, it is AWESOME! I love it! As a GM I think it will be a great tool to help me construct exciting adventures and encounters. Simply flipping through the book generated so many ideas that I want to use in my game just so I can use some of the NPCs.

So with that said, I would like to start a petition of sorts. Since Rodney (one of the designers) mentioned in another thread over on the WotC message boards that they would consider more Threats books if enough interest was shown.

So, would you like to see more Threats books in the vein of the Monster Manuals from D&D? please respond below.

Webhead
06-27-2008, 05:14 PM
I just ordered my copy of the "Threats" book this week, but haven't received it yet. I'm eager to get my hands on it though and see just how much I can pull from it to stick in my game.

So far, between the Saga corebook and the Starships of the Galaxy sourcebook, I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of the style and substance WotC is putting into the books of the Star Wars line. I'm hoping that Threats will be more of the same. If that proves to be so, I think the supplements deserve further treatment, though I think GMs and the game line in general would be better served by offering a larger assortment of different sourcebooks. One notable omission from the Starships book was ground and air vehicles, which clearly deserve either their own sourcebook or a considerable section of a "Tech of the Galaxy" sourcebook.

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-30-2008, 09:17 AM
I just ordered my copy of the "Threats" book this week, but haven't received it yet. I'm eager to get my hands on it though and see just how much I can pull from it to stick in my game.

So far, between the Saga corebook and the Starships of the Galaxy sourcebook, I've been pleasantly surprised with the quality of the style and substance WotC is putting into the books of the Star Wars line. I'm hoping that Threats will be more of the same. If that proves to be so, I think the supplements deserve further treatment, though I think GMs and the game line in general would be better served by offering a larger assortment of different sourcebooks. One notable omission from the Starships book was ground and air vehicles, which clearly deserve either their own sourcebook or a considerable section of a "Tech of the Galaxy" sourcebook.

I concur. I have always been of the thought, "more is better". I think they are covering those bases well with the Knights of the Old Republic Source Book, Scum and Villany, The Force Unleashed, and a Clone Wars Source Book (due out early 2009). Indeed a Vehicles and Technology of the Galaxy would be a welcome addition.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-08-2008, 05:28 PM
So I picked up my copy of Threats of the Galaxy and was totally expecting a terrible book due to all the hype about the errors in the stat blocks etc...

However, it is AWESOME! I love it! As a GM I think it will be a great tool to help me construct exciting adventures and encounters. Simply flipping through the book generated so many ideas that I want to use in my game just so I can use some of the NPCs.

So with that said, I would like to start a petition of sorts. Since Rodney (one of the designers) mentioned in another thread over on the WotC message boards that they would consider more Threats books if enough interest was shown.

So, would you like to see more Threats books in the vein of the Monster Manuals from D&D? please respond below.
I hope they put out more, no doubt about it, for i will purchase them.

Thoth-Amon