PDA

View Full Version : Kentucky Fried 4th Edition

Christopher_rowe
06-25-2008, 04:44 PM
Hey there,

I'm looking for a total of five players for a Fourth Edition D&D Forgotten Realms campaign that will shade more towards role-playing than combat (maybe a 60/40 or 65/35 ratio).

We'll meet every two or three weeks here in Lexington, for three or four hour sessions on Sunday afternoons. We'll all be responsible, mature adults interested first in enjoying the game and each other's company, then in story and character and sense of wonder, and only then in rules intepretations and "effective character builds." Hopefully, we'll have a nicely balanced group in terms of gaming experience, gender, age, and all the other socio-economic factors so dear to my big, pink heart. A gaming group that looks like America--or maybe like the crew of a nineties-era Starfleet vessel.

That stuff about "rules last" being said, I like Chapter 9 of the new Player's Handbook pretty well, actually. We'll be using a lot of "little men" and big colorful battle maps. As the guy running the game, I'll probably use props and speak in silly (but devestatingly accurate) accents. Toward the end of the afternoon, we may even open a bottle or two of adult beverages. When characters level up or major quests are completed, I feel like that calls for Veuve Cliquot, don't you?

Here's an interview with the head designer of the Fourth Edition that probably gives you a flavor of what I'm interested in in terms of gaming.

http://guyslitwire.blogspot.com/2008/06/interview-rob-heinsoo-lead-designer-of.html

So, if all or any of this interests you, send me a message or post here. Maybe we can get together for coffee or something and chat to make sure our ideas and personalities are good matches.

Cheers,

Christopher

talok55
08-06-2008, 11:28 AM
Hello Christipher. My name is Cory, and I would like to a part of your new 4.0 campaign. I know some other people that would be interested as well. I've been playing with a group that meets every other Saturday in Lexington since 3.0 came out. Last year, one of our key members moved, and we have been limping along ever since with fairly spotty attendence. We have been trying to get more players, but with little luck. I was thinking that we could try to join your campaign. Drop me a line at silverblade52000@yahoo.com if you are interested.