PDA

View Full Version : Random Thoughts

Necrite
06-20-2008, 06:42 AM
Random chatter not directly related to the campaign can be posted here.

nijineko
06-21-2008, 04:15 PM
just how random are we allowed to be?

Necrite
06-21-2008, 07:27 PM
No more than this.

EDIT: Bah! d1000000 is not permitted!

nijineko
06-21-2008, 09:55 PM
lame. what about a roll for a one-in-a-million chance?! we might need that someday!

mrken
06-22-2008, 01:11 PM
So we can roll any dice on any table and be that random?:wink:

nijineko
06-22-2008, 03:08 PM
i'm likely only able to post once every few days, until i get internet access from home back. ^^ just general fyi.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-29-2008, 01:45 AM
I wish WFRP put out more product. );

I've been enjoying my weekly Saturday campaigns with 4.0.

I cant wait to finish my MBA.

Thoth-Amon

nijineko
06-29-2008, 02:34 PM
^^ you're lucky that you have a weekly. i have such a poor success record with scheduling face-to-face on a regular basis, that the occasional phone-based or onlines session is all the rp that i manage. which is why i started up with the play-by-post stuff here. ^^

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-08-2008, 02:27 AM
In 5 years i'll have finished 2 masters degrees and a doctorate. Grrr! If i won the lottery, i would quit today. No kidding.

Thoth-Amon

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-08-2008, 02:28 AM
I'd like to see the movie BladeRunner remade with Will Smith in the lead role.

Random enough?

Thoth-Amon

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-08-2008, 02:32 AM
Has anyone played with the Alpha~Omega Rules? Here's the link: http://www.alphaomegathegame.com/store/product.php?productid=16133&gclid=CK2-qMber5QCFRIuagodzDkJtA

I think i'll pick it up and give it a try.

Thoth-Amon never sleeps, he enters into a state of reverie.

nijineko
07-08-2008, 06:52 PM
heheheh. it would be interesting to see a modern remake of bladerunner. and done the way the book is written. with the ambigious ending. makes one think. ^^ that's some pretty serious schooling on your part.... i think i'd like to be an eternal student of some kind. =D

Elbryon
07-10-2008, 11:49 AM
Will Smith could do a fine job in a Bladerunner remake he seems to do well with whatever roll he chooses.

Elbryon
07-10-2008, 03:42 PM
Elbryon rolls some diceElbryon rolls some diceIm trying to get the hang of this

Necrite
07-10-2008, 03:57 PM
Will Smith could do a fine job in a Bladerunner remake he seems to do well with whatever roll he chooses.

He's explained this in interviews. When he's not shooting a film, his full-time (or more!) job is researching what films are doing good, what makes them good, and various other market research. He takes the movies that are guaranteed to be winners, and makes them do even better.

Necrite
07-10-2008, 04:01 PM
BTW: Gratz on level 2, Elbryon! :D

Elbryon
07-10-2008, 04:41 PM
Lvl 2 what? I thought we started at lvl 5

*edit*ah nm I see what your talking about now, it doesnt mean anything though does it other than showing I might talk too much

nijineko
07-11-2008, 02:36 AM
this is one place where that is rewarded, usually. ^^

Elbryon
07-11-2008, 10:15 AM
heh! well if I talk too much whack me with a trout or something that'll bring me back to my senses :)

Necrite
07-11-2008, 11:03 AM
*Digs through fridge*

Salmon... No.
Tuna... No.
Snapper... No.
Scallops... No.
Crab... No.
Mussels... No.
Beef... ... ... That's not even remotely fishy... No.

Guess you're off the hook this time.

Elbryon
07-11-2008, 12:00 PM
Holy, I want in your fridge the wife doesn't like seafood so I never get any so feel free to smack me with any of the afore mentioned goodies just don't be suprised if they end up missing a chunk.

Necrite
07-11-2008, 12:28 PM
LOL

I'm not really into seafood either. It's mostly the GF's.... she loves the stuff.

*EDIT* Why did I say salmon? We haven't had salmon in ages. And we probably don't have scallops either. I think I ate those. But I forgot the shrimp.

nijineko
07-11-2008, 02:26 PM
suuuuuure, you "forgot" the shrimp. probably hiding it for a future nefarious purpose.

Elbryon
07-11-2008, 02:29 PM
I'd have only really been worried if he'd have pulled out a lobster. Sounds like a good girl you should hold on to her. I married a grouch :) (I hope she doesn't see this)

nijineko
07-11-2008, 04:37 PM
you could attempt to claim that you were just 'in character'. ^^

Elbryon
07-11-2008, 04:52 PM
That would mearly result in getting smacked again and yelled at for being at the computer

nijineko
07-11-2008, 06:16 PM
remote access pda or iphone link.... or you could always try for the back/foot rub escape.

Elbryon
07-11-2008, 06:57 PM
Yea that might work for 2 or 3 minutes till I get sick of it and like that one country song says "A back rub is just a back rub and you'll smack my hand if I try...."

nijineko
07-11-2008, 08:31 PM
poor thing. i knew of one rpg where females got certain bonuses to combat and penalties to diplomacy type interactions during 'that time of month'... somehow i was reminded of it just then. ^^

Elbryon
07-11-2008, 09:48 PM
Time of the month ha! it would be nice if it was once a month and not all the time naw it eally isnt that bad but I let her read it now I have to type with one hand heh

nijineko
07-12-2008, 05:43 PM
i hope you eventually get the other hand back.... ^^

Fitz10019
07-13-2008, 08:42 AM
Practicing... (corrected strength)

Standard Attack with bow, Blizzard
Arrow Type: Standard
**Blizzard Standard Attack roll*** (d20+BAB+Dex+WeapFocus+Weapon)
**Standard Attack damage roll*** (Bow+Str+WeapSpec+Magic+Frost+Shock)
**Standard Attack if crit confirm*** (d20+BAB+Dex+WeapFocus+Weapon)**Standard Attack if crit damage*** (20, 3x: Bow+Str+WeapSpec+Magic)

Rapid Shot Attack with bow, Blizzard
**Blizzard Rapid Shot Attack roll 1*** (d20+BAB+Dex+WeapFocus+Weapon-RapidShot)
**Blizzard Rapid Shot Attack damage roll 1*** (Bow+Str+WeapSpec+Magic+Frost+Shock)
**Blizzard Rapid Shot Attack roll 2*** (d20+BAB+Dex+WeapFocus+Weapon-RapidShot)
**Blizzard Rapid Shot Attack damage roll 2*** (Bow+Str+WeapSpec+Magic+Frost+Shock)
**Blizzard Rapid Shot Attack if crit confirm roll 1*** (d20+BAB+Dex+WeapFocus+Weapon-RapidShot)
**Blizzard Rapid Shot Attack if crit damage roll 1*** (20, 3x: Bow+Str+WeapSpec+Magic)
**Blizzard Rapid Shot Attack if crit confirm roll 2*** (d20+BAB+Dex+WeapFocus+Weapon-RapidShot)
**Blizzard Rapid Shot Attack if crit damage roll 2*** (20, 3x: Bow+Str+WeapSpec+Magic)

Standard Attack with Longsword (masterwork)
**Longsword Standard Attack roll*** (d20+BAB+Str+Weapon)
**Longsword Standard Attack damage roll*** (Sword+Str)
**Longsword Standard Attack if crit confirm*** (d20+BAB+Str+Weapon)**Longsword Standard Attack if crit damage*** (19-20, 2x: Sword+Str)

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-14-2008, 02:33 AM
Holy crap. I was going to add another comment but in no way can i compete with your post, Fitz10019.

Game on!

Thoth-Amon

Fitz10019
07-14-2008, 09:19 AM
I'm just practicing my roll coding! Please post your randomness!!

Necrite
07-14-2008, 09:56 AM
Don't think I'm trying to chase you away, Thoth - I'm not - but what inspired you to show up and post? I find it amusing that you're posting here, but at no point showed interest in joining the campaign. I also see that you're some kind of official forum person, though I don't know exactly what "Community Supporter" entails.

Anyhoo, random away! You know you wanna....

Elbryon
07-14-2008, 11:22 AM
Ok how much bark did I chip offAttack roll for scimitar

goodie I hit that tree that is standing still :(

Oh look on the second one I actually hit the squirell sitting in the tree, and I managed to chop off its tail

Elbryon
07-14-2008, 12:25 PM
To hit...damage + backstab

ooh if I would have actually hit anything I would have done pretty good

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-14-2008, 12:58 PM
Don't think I'm trying to chase you away, Thoth - I'm not - but what inspired you to show up and post? I find it amusing that you're posting here, but at no point showed interest in joining the campaign. I also see that you're some kind of official forum person, though I don't know exactly what "Community Supporter" entails.

Anyhoo, random away! You know you wanna....
Never thought it for a second, Necrit. You see, i am up late & use this site to connect with fellow gamers of like mind. Although being late at night, sometimes i am experiencing sleep deprivation and will miss stuff sometimes, e.g that this was a campaign post. All i saw was, and this is what i believed when posting, was that this was strictly a "random thoughts" post page.

As far as "being an official forum person," I'm as official as anyone else on this site, & "Community Supporter" just means i donated money to the site showing my support to Farcaster, the site, and to the rest of you, my fellow gamers.

Game on!

Thoth-Amon

nijineko
07-14-2008, 02:50 PM
and for randomness it is! and we welcome you to our thread! =D i hope that you will post various insights here once we get started. once i get all the kinks worked out of my character, i might post some stuff here too. i'm already starting to feel a touch outclassed as it's going to be forever before i get a second attack, while most everyone else will get it in the next few levels. at least my one attack packs quite the whallop. =D

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
07-14-2008, 05:37 PM
and for randomness it is! and we welcome you to our thread! =D i hope that you will post various insights here once we get started. once i get all the kinks worked out of my character, i might post some stuff here too. i'm already starting to feel a touch outclassed as it's going to be forever before i get a second attack, while most everyone else will get it in the next few levels. at least my one attack packs quite the whallop. =D
I'll defintitely keep up with your thread and will endeavor to post various insights, nijenko.

Game on!

Thoth-Amon

Elbryon
07-17-2008, 12:36 PM
For not even being officially started yet this is a busy place.

nijineko
07-17-2008, 05:37 PM
more fun that way. =D

Necrite
07-17-2008, 09:43 PM
What can I say? I'm just that cool. :D

Elbryon
07-18-2008, 12:17 AM
I agree nijineko it does make it right fun

Fitz10019
07-18-2008, 07:06 AM
Here're some links, for the fun of it...

Order of the Stick
http://www.giantitp.com/comics/oots0001.html

TV watching online (legally!)
http://www.hulu.com/browse/alphabetical/tv?genre=sci+fi+and+fantasy

Caligula
07-18-2008, 07:24 AM
Oh yes.... hulu is a site I visit quite frequently...great site.
There is also another one that I use to watch movies (I've seen all the new movies in the theaters without going, for free), but I am only 90% sure it is legal, and it probably isn't. Since my history with this sort of thing isn't that spectacular, I'll not post the link so Necrite doesn't need to save the day again. :P haha

nijineko
07-18-2008, 02:20 PM
i usually hit the dollar theater myself. ^^ or rent the movie, if i can't wait that long.

on the other hand, i've been catching up on all the old movies that are now in the public domain, which is not only free, but unquestioningly legal. =D the democracy player has quite a few, and there are other sites out there. just do a search for "public domain movies". watching all the old shadow flicks, for one. =D

Necrite
07-27-2008, 10:24 AM
I need to apologize to all of you. I've been distracted, and paying little attention to this site - or much of anything else - lately, and have let a lot of things slide over the last week. So now, I've got some work to do to catch up on all the messages that I've had left for me here.

Shameless plug time: Last weekend, I spent pretty much every waking second playing City of Heroes (http://www.cityofheroes.com/), because it was double XP weekend. I don't really have any excuse for not being here during my work week though, since I have internet access while I'm at work. Ignoring that - If any of you are interested in trying City of Heroes, send me a PM, and I'll hook you up with a trial account.

nijineko
07-27-2008, 05:13 PM
heheheh. need mac version and internet access from home. ^^ someday, i'm sure. unless champions online lives up to its claims and blows coh away. ;D

but even then i'd still need a mac version and access.

Necrite
07-27-2008, 08:31 PM
Champions Online is being made by the guy who ran City of Heroes into the ground, moved on to a different project, and then sold it when it didn't die.

Even if it didn't use hideous cell shading, I wouldn't touch it.

nijineko
07-27-2008, 08:45 PM
perhaps you should let the folks over in the supers sub-forum know that. ^^ it might have some bearing on their enthusiasm. =D i'm indifferent, especially considering my current situation. i'm perfectly happy roleplaying online with the folks here.

Necrite
07-27-2008, 08:48 PM
I'm sure anyone who's interested in Champions Online knows who Jack Emmert is, and his association with City of Heroes. If they don't, 2 minutes of the CO forums will bring up SOMETHING CoH related.

nijineko
07-27-2008, 08:58 PM
interesting. is it true what i've heard about coh "nerfing all the really cool powers"? and just how many powers do they allow, anyway? i never managed to get that korean version char-gen working, at least not yet. ^^

Necrite
07-27-2008, 09:26 PM
The big nerfs were ED and GDN.

ED - Enhancement Diversification
An enhancement is a non-tangible boost in the effectiveness of a power, be it damage, range, etc. Each power can have up to 6 enhancement slots. Prior to ED, any enhancement put in these slots had full effect. Afterwards, enhancement beyond a certain point triggered very severe diminishing returns.

GDN - Global Defense Nerf
Certain builds found themselves to get their Defense and Resistance so high that they were literally untouchable - people were soloing Archvillains that were +10 levels to themselves, and so on. (AVs are meant for teams, not solo) With GDN, almost all Defense powers were cut in half in effectiveness.

Also, around the same time, a few changes were made to prevent "Herding"
1- All AoE powers were given a target cap. It is impossible to hit more targets than the cap with a single power.
2- Players were given aggro caps. Even with taunt powers, you could not hold the attention of more than a certain number of enemies at once, unless there is nothing else for them to aggro on.
3- NPCs and Critters were given collision detection, preventing them from overlapping.

Prior to this, the tank would taunt EVERYTHING on the mission map, herd it into a corner, ignore the damage, and then the blaster would nuke, killing the entire map with one hit, and giving the entire team scads of XP.

Don't get me wrong. These nerfs were needed. But Jack just walked in, slashed everything, and refused to give any explanation beyond "I said so".

Jack also was hesitant to buff any powers. Balance is made by nerfs, not buffs.

He publicly claimed that bringing objectives and missions in the Hollows (a large zone that is entirely experienced before you get a travel power) closer together would reduce he amount of content in the game (ie spending 30 minutes running from one mission to another, and probably being jumped and killed by huge spawns of difficult enemies, while getting neither reward nor character advancement is content).

He also adamantly refused to do a variety of things the playerbase asked for, stating that it was impossible. Many of these things have been done since he left. Many others make up the list of promises he makes about CO. Some of the things he promises for CO, he promised for CoH before its launch, didn't include and later said were impossible.

Basically, he's a politician: He makes the promises that pull people in, then once he wins, he does the bad stuff while denying he did it, instead of explaining why he did, and then when things have gone too far, he jumps ship and lets someone else clean up his mess.

nijineko
07-27-2008, 09:42 PM
sounds like an american ceo.

nijineko
11-10-2008, 09:30 PM
moving day is tomorrow! so i'll be offline for a week at least, unless the stops along the way have free wifi. i don't know how long it'll be before i get access again. but if i have to drop by the local library or restaurant for wifi, i will. =D