PDA

View Full Version : Fallen Isles, A 3.5 D&D Game (Play By Post)

Anvalin
06-19-2008, 09:18 PM
I currently am looking into starting a play-by-post game in a homebrew world. I need some good players to get in there with me and help flesh out the small areas of the world while at the same time playing a great game. The world is high magic, high tech (for the Middle Ages), and moderately low religion. As I get enough interested people I'll begin to send out info packets and set up the web sites for it.

Fuzzy alchemist
06-19-2008, 10:17 PM
I would be happy to hear more about it. What do you need from potential players?

Anvalin
06-20-2008, 09:45 PM
It would be great to have a base character idea to go off of for now. That will make a transition point for me to tie everyone into the story. I also would like players interested in expanding a world. I need people to develop towns related to their backstory so I can add them to my ever evolving world.

Genzodus Thoth
06-22-2008, 07:58 PM
What type of characters are you looking for? I tend to overdo things as far as development goes, so designing a hometown and in-depth backstory for my character would be a piece of cake.

Reclaimer
06-23-2008, 07:18 PM
I'd play if you don't mind someone relatively new to the game. I believe I could make a town and a detailed backstory without too much trouble.

Arch Lich Thoth-Amon
06-24-2008, 02:00 AM
I have never played a pbp game before. I guess i am a bit conflicted on whether it would work or not. That being said, tell me more about your game and if folks would, try to sell me based your your experiences with pbp. I would appreciate hearing of others experiences.

Thoth-Amon

Fuzzy alchemist
06-24-2008, 02:31 AM
I have played in a number of play by post games. They tend to move slowly, but if you have people on very different schedules it is quite nice. One definite benefit is that you can get out much of the description that you might not get out in real time. I mean when you have all the time in the world to write out how you speak to the councilor you can add in flourished about tone, posture, etc. that you want. The same is true of all things. Your strikes not longer become just a 15 to hit for 6 damage but can easily be described in detail each time. Inner monologue is also usable as you know that by doing so you are not stealing time from the others like would happen if you tried to do it in real time. Another place where it is useful is if the group splits up for a time. In real time games that means one group has fun while the other waits and everyone gets a turn not having fun. In play by post the DM can break it off into however many threads and post in each in rapid fire not leaving anyone simply waiting while the others have fun.

Anvalin
06-24-2008, 10:51 PM
I'm open to any and all character types. Just give me the basics on what you want and I can easily tie it in. After the basic review we can get more in depth. I also dont mind if you've been playing since the game was made or started yesterday.

Genzodus Thoth
06-25-2008, 08:55 PM
I think that I'll start as a conjurer and progress towards bonded summoner (Miniatures Handbook). Ah, the sheer amount of havoc that can be wreaked with two elder air elementals. Of course, if the party's missing something, I'd be happy to switch, so long as it's not cleric.

Anvalin
06-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Conjurer will be fine. I dont have the stats on it since I dont have the Mini Handbook, so if you can just shoot me a quick info sheet.

Vrath
07-14-2008, 06:01 PM
I just recently got into psionics and I'm really itching to play an Elan (expanded psionics) Ardent (complete psionics). This would be my first pbp but I have DM'd face to face games before so I'd have no problem creating a hometown or even an entire nation complete with political strife and criminal underground if you need it.

michaeljearley
07-17-2008, 03:34 PM
I'd be willing to play.
What level were you thinking?
Also, if you were thinking of using the game in order to flesh out a world, I was once in an exalted game where each of the 7 players was a head of state.
Each created alliances and trade routes and ran the country on one side, while personally adventuring on the other.
The DM had it set up as an action pts for the country building, and normal RPGing for the dungeonering.

Caligula
07-18-2008, 06:24 PM
I'm open to any and all character types. Just give me the basics on what you want and I can easily tie it in. After the basic review we can get more in depth. I also dont mind if you've been playing since the game was made or started yesterday.

So, I'm assuming you would not be opposed to a Dwarven Barbarian joining the party?

silentjudas
07-28-2008, 03:18 AM
Would you be willing to accept a new gamer (only new to playing, really. I've done quite a lot of reading and writing and set up my own world for a group i was going to DM that never got off the ground)

michaeljearley
07-28-2008, 11:08 AM
Is this game still in the works?

Caligula
07-29-2008, 12:16 PM
Well, Anvalin hasn't been on since last Wednesday, so this isn't looking too good.

silentjudas
07-30-2008, 03:05 PM
Hmmm...
I'm bad luck, I swear, ha!
Let's hope he comes back!