PDA

View Full Version : Ding and Double Ding!

Farcaster
06-15-2008, 02:34 AM
Some of you may have noticed that your "level" has suddenly gone drastically up. Others, you may notice a slight dip. This is because we now have a new leveling system in place which takes into account much more than just the sheer number of posts you have made.

For those of you that have no idea what I am talking about, your "level" is something of a measure of your contributions to the community. It doesn't give you any special privileges or secret access to forums unknown. But, it is an acknowledgment of your participation and a perhaps a mark of respect as well in the Pen & Paper Games community.

Now, levels are based on a number of different factors. I won't go into the specific formulas -- what would the fun of that be, when I can let you guys try to puzzle out -- but the following now play a part in determining your overall level:

How long you have been a member.
Your participation in the forums.
The popularity of threads you created.
Your participation in polls.
The popularity of any attachments you have uploaded.
The popularity of social groups you started.
And the absolute biggest win, in terms of points: the number of people who you've referred to the Pen & Paper Games community.
You'll also notice that there is a new XP bar on the top right of your posts and in your profile. There you can see how far you are into a level and how far you have to go. If you're interested, you can also see everyone's rankings by going to Quick Links -> P&PG Experience (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/xperience.php).

So.. What are you waiting for? Time to grind some levels.

:laugh:

nijineko
06-15-2008, 08:20 PM
i've refered a number of people... how do they let you know? and if they didn't before, could they do so after the fact?

Freejack
06-15-2008, 08:23 PM
I'll be zipping by your place (well close enough I guess) on my way back from Alaska in a couple of weeks. If I stop to say "hi", do I get any extra points :)

Second nijineko question though. I was referred to this site, can I put a name in after the fact? The problem is I didn't know the persons ID on the site, just the persons name.

Carl

Farcaster
06-16-2008, 10:55 PM
i've refered a number of people... how do they let you know? and if they didn't before, could they do so after the fact?

Typically, they would put your name as the "Referrer" when they sign up. If they didn't, they can send me a PM, and I can manually add your name as the referrer.

nijineko
06-21-2008, 06:21 PM
i see that your 'schwartz' bar is no longer exceeding the size of the frame.... ;D

boulet
06-21-2008, 06:29 PM
Now I have the soundtrack of Space Balls in my head, thanks Nijineko...

nijineko
06-21-2008, 06:33 PM
=D anytime. somewhen along the way, i discovered a song which for me has the unusual property of knocking any and all songs that get stuck in my head out. =D

boulet
06-21-2008, 06:36 PM
=D anytime. somewhen along the way, i discovered a song which for me has the unusual property of knocking any and all songs that get stuck in my head out. =D
Ok I'm ready to exchange your secret against erotic pictures of Rabkala in pink elvish armor. Deal ?

nijineko
06-26-2008, 12:17 AM
ewwwww. this one thinks not. perhaps you could owe this one a favor instead?