PDA

View Full Version : Official abbreviations for classes in 4e?

Valdar
06-12-2008, 03:55 PM
It occurs to me that with Wizard, Warlord, and Warlock being core classes, it would be odd to come up with an abbreviations system that keeps all three distinct- Warlord and Warlock only differ in the last two letters, and Warlord and Wizard are the same in all letters that Warlock differs from Warlord (so, first three letters give you Wiz, War, and uh, War, but first letter and last two gives you Wck, Wrd, and, uh, Wrd.) So no consistent system will work, so as with states of the US, an official but arbitrary system needs to exist. I can certainly come up with one on my own, but has anyone seen classes abbreviated in any official WotC publication?

What? Too nerdy? Yeah, probably...

Webhead
06-12-2008, 04:23 PM
I haven't seen any "official" abbreviation, no, but here's how I would do it:

Wz = Wizard
Wk = Warlock
Wd = Warlord

Or, if you want 3 letters:

Wiz
Wlk
Wld

My 2 cents...

Valdar
06-12-2008, 06:46 PM
Point being, if you just see a standalone abbreviation, "Wd" could be Wizard or Warlord, unless there's an official breakdown. In the same way that "AK" could be Alaska or Arkansas, but there's an official right answer there.

Grimwell
06-12-2008, 10:34 PM
Until Wizards gets around to publishing something that sets official precedent. Then it's gravy as there is a reference point.