PDA

View Full Version : Where Has Farcaster Been / New Social Group Feature

Farcaster
06-11-2008, 11:30 AM
Hey all.

I'm sorry that I've been a wee bit out-of-pocket in the past couple of weeks. Actually, last week I left my previous employement of a little over four years to pursue a new position. ( Yes ... I have a day job. ) So, as you might imagine, I had a lot of things to hand off and things were really busy. I'm now in my first full week at the new job, and I'm getting used a much earlier schedule. In any case, fear not. I have not abandoned the forums. I just needed to focus on real life for a bit.

I do have some good news though. I have added some functionality that allows social group leaders to create a fully functional forum for their social group to use. This functionality is available for all Community Supporters who create social groups on the forum. You'll find the option to create your forum at the bottom navigation section of your social forum, in the same area as the Edit Group, Invite Members, etc links.

Enjoy!

boulet
06-11-2008, 11:42 AM
Congrats on your new job !

mrken
06-11-2008, 07:13 PM
Yeah, congrats and good luck. You know how stressful a new job is so try to get some sleep somewhere in your time not at work. :)

RivenNookRavenClaw
06-11-2008, 08:43 PM
Hey all.

I'm sorry that I've been a wee bit out-of-pocket in the past couple of weeks. Actually, last week I left my previous employement of a little over four years to pursue a new position. ( Yes ... I have a day job. ) So, as you might imagine, I had a lot of things to hand off and things were really busy. I'm now in my first full week at the new job, and I'm getting used a much earlier schedule. In any case, fear not. I have not abandoned the forums. I just needed to focus on real life for a bit.

Enjoy!

As the book title goes "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff." The site looks better then when I looked at it last.

rabkala
06-11-2008, 10:30 PM
Okay, I admit it! I ate Farcasters brain after watching too many zombie movies. I am trying to reanimate the corpse, but seem to be missing a step or two. Any ideas?

RivenNookRavenClaw
06-11-2008, 10:43 PM
Okay, I admit it! I ate Farcasters brain after watching too many zombie movies. I am trying to reanimate the corpse, but seem to be missing a step or two. Any ideas?

Sure...well...

I say you need to grow back the brain, call back the soul from the outer plains but if you are going to go to all that trouble Rabkala I'd insert some psionic crystals into the cloned brain before you call the soul back.

You know like those nice little familiars from the psionic handbook...just small little seed crystals...and THEN call back his soul and have them whisper to him while he dreams so that he can code PHP, MYSQL, and answer email in his SLEEP!

Laugh,

Jonathan

cplmac
06-12-2008, 08:56 AM
Farcaster, congrats & good luck with the new job. Before you know it, you'll be into a routine once again.

Guess I'll have to see what's involved in being a community supporter before being able to use this function.

Dimthar
06-12-2008, 12:46 PM
. ( Yes ... I have a day job. ) So, as you might imagine, I had a lot of things to hand off and things were really busy. I'm now in my first full week at the new job, and I'm getting used a much earlier schedule.

So Do they let you go with the Pointy Hat - Gandalf type look to work? I always wondered how do you manage to type with the beard getting in the way on the keyboard. And the robes, are they machine washable?

If you go to work in your "Secret Identity", How do you transform into "Farcaster" when responding from work (@ lunch time)?

tesral
06-12-2008, 04:55 PM
If you go to work in your "Secret Identity", How do you transform into "Farcaster" when responding from work (@ lunch time)?

If he told you, it wouldn't be a secret.

Skunkape
06-13-2008, 07:52 AM
If he told you, it wouldn't be a secret.

The same way I do, but I can't tell you either cuz it's a secret!:laugh:

cplmac
06-13-2008, 09:50 AM
<in accent from old tv commercial>

Ancient Chinese Secret

:lol:

nijineko
06-13-2008, 02:19 PM
the question you need to be asking yourselves is whether farcaster is just a dream of the real person, or if the person is just a dream of the real farcaster....

RivenNookRavenClaw
06-13-2008, 04:21 PM
:rolleyes:
Hey all.

I'm sorry that I've been a wee bit out-of-pocket in the past couple of weeks.

Enjoy!

How about to the tune" Where have all the flowers gone?"

You know Where have all the flowers gone...long time passing...where have all the flowers gone....

Where has Farcaster gone...

Long time Passing...

Is his hair all white

Where Has Farcaster gone?

Long time Passing.

He's got a new job and was gone...

for a couple of weeks...

(mock sobbing)

Long TIME...LONG TIME (breaking up into lots of sobs and catcalls)

(WA WA WAAAHHH!!)

LONG TIME...

"man it's been too long...we needs yah"

Where has Farcaster Gone?

He got a better JOB!

HURRAH!

Where Has Farcaster GONE?

NOWHERE...He is still here!

YES!

nijineko
06-13-2008, 09:14 PM
moving.

RivenNookRavenClaw
06-16-2008, 10:49 AM
moving.

I love laughing these days and smiling it helps pass the time while I wait for an interview opportunity and for my dance performance class to start.

I am doing a East Coast Swing Lindy performance class with a man named Joe Palmer to the song "Tan Shoes with Pink Shoe Laces". It gets really intense somedays and we are all hyper perfectionist so...

yeah...Farcaster I have no idea any longer what the West Coast of the United states feels like but I hear it is pretty intense out there as well.

Can't we just blame the women? :D

I mean...where have all the flowers gone...the young girls have PICKED them EVERYONE!

Yup blame em for the economy...:lol:

Dimthar
07-08-2008, 01:03 PM
Aren't you very close to the WotC HQ?

SpiffyBananaFoot
07-08-2008, 01:30 PM
I can't speak for where he is now, but I know where he was this weekend and I'm wondering if there are any authorities anywhere that would allow me to press charges on attempted murder of a party of 5...

Farcaster
07-08-2008, 01:36 PM
Dude! It was one little Dread Wraith... No big deal.

nijineko
07-08-2008, 08:03 PM
bad luck on the draw from a certain deck?

Farcaster
07-08-2008, 08:08 PM
Nah. Just an accidental detour through the Plane of Shadow.

nijineko
07-08-2008, 08:10 PM
oh, sure... "accidental" the gm says.... ;D

Ben Rostoker
08-24-2008, 09:06 PM
Congrates!