PDA

View Full Version : Threats of the Galaxy

Inquisitor Tremayne
05-28-2008, 10:48 AM
Well I got it and I must say it is pretty awesome!

Aside from some stat block errors, all the fluff is pretty awesome. Plus it is interesting to see how they designed their character concepts and gives me a ton of ideas for my own!

Anyone else pick it up? Thoughts?

SteakAndEggs
05-28-2008, 10:18 PM
I agree.

I like the book very much and it most definitely will help me create some quick encounters.

I don't care too much about the stat block mess ups, the players shouldn't know the abilities of their enemies and I doubt a few mess ups in skills or feats will matter that much unless it's for a main NPC or BBEG.

I recommend TotG for any GM. Also, players might find it very useful to elaborate on their characters considering the good amount of detail for each character template.

Some of the new feats and equipment are pretty sweet too.

vadersson
05-30-2008, 11:41 AM
I have it too. Pretty fond of it. I wish there were not so many errors however. The droids needed better checking too, as some of them can be PCs.

Overall I am happy with it, but I do tend to prefer more new species, feats, and such in my books.

Thanks,
Duncan

canadiansatan
08-23-2008, 03:31 PM
Absolutely great for me. As a GM coming from DnD, I love my monster manual. It's great not to have to take an hour to write up the pirate they run into.

It's also great to give inexperienced players a set of ideas to see what strikes them as a neat idea for a character.