PDA

View Full Version : Dragonlance Questions..

Anaesthesia
05-15-2008, 05:29 PM
I have questions for both AD&D Dragonlance and the Dragonlance Campaign Setting series (the new ones, I believe they are 3.5 or at least 3.x?)

First off..the AD&D Dragonlance, on page 31, in the part about Shoiken Grove. It says that Tas piloted an island over Shoiken Grove, and felt some of the effects of Shoiken Grove..I may be losing my mind but I thought Tas walked up to Shoiken Grove in Dragons of Spring Dawning?? Or is there another time they're talking about? :confused:

Kyrie (the bird-men of Ansalon)-did they make racial stats for these guys? In the Dragonlance settings published in the last few years?

Thanks!

cplmac
05-15-2008, 09:15 PM
I do not recall Tas ever piloting anything at the Shoiken Grove. Yes, he did walk up to it. As to feeling the effects, if I am remembering right, he did not have any of the usual effects, but said that it made him feel icky.

There is a page in the Monstrous Compendium volume four, which is the creatures that are unique to the world of Krynn, that gives information on the kyrie. The info is limited to what is always listed for any "monster," eventhough in book six of the Meetings Sextent, the companions meet the kyrie and fight the minotaurs along with them. Unfortunately, it does not give stats that would be along the lines of an NPC.

As a note, just remember that my information is all from sources for 2E or the novel listed above.

Dimthar
05-20-2008, 12:51 PM
I may be losing my mind but I thought Tas walked up to Shoiken Grove in Dragons of Spring Dawning?? Or is there another time they're talking about? :confused:

He walked up but if I am not mistaken he did not make it all the way in. He turned back "afraid" runnning and when Flint saw him coming he started to run also.

There was a suggestion to use Kenders to clean the area, but it was dismissed.

macleod76
05-24-2008, 07:03 PM
I do not recall Tas ever piloting anything at the Shoiken Grove. Yes, he did walk up to it. As to feeling the effects, if I am remembering right, he did not have any of the usual effects, but said that it made him feel icky.

Last book of the Twins trilogy, he piloted a flying citadel over the grove to give Caramon access to the high tower.

cplmac
05-26-2008, 09:49 AM
Last book of the Twins trilogy, he piloted a flying citadel over the grove to give Caramon access to the high tower.

Ok. I was not aware of that, due to not having that particular set of books. Have not been able to find them locally, or at a decent price online. How did Tas acquire one? Also, in the "Dragons of Spring Dawning, when they see the flying citadels, there is nothing said about Tas piloting one before. I'm just speculating, but is this because the Twins trilogy was written after the other book?

macleod76
05-27-2008, 09:33 AM
Ok. I was not aware of that, due to not having that particular set of books. Have not been able to find them locally, or at a decent price online. How did Tas acquire one? Also, in the "Dragons of Spring Dawning, when they see the flying citadels, there is nothing said about Tas piloting one before. I'm just speculating, but is this because the Twins trilogy was written after the other book?

Kitara was using it to bypass the other defences of Palantis that the time.
Caramon, Tanis and Tas were both onboard, and Tas figured out how to fly it if memory servers... its been awhile.....