PDA

View Full Version : Frostburn

Vulture
05-12-2008, 11:16 AM
I've read alot of mixed reviews about the Frostburn supplement, and i wanted to know you all think of it.

Riftwalker
05-12-2008, 02:55 PM
I don't have it in front of me and haven't looked at it in a while but I thought it was alright.

Digital Arcanist
05-12-2008, 07:24 PM
I liked it just fine.

Kilrex
05-12-2008, 07:52 PM
Ran a campaign using that book. Alot of fun with barbaric tribes fighting off the civilized groups trying to hunt down their totem animals for fur. My tribe had a dire polar bear as their totem. I only allowed Barbarian, Bard(Skald), Cleric, Druid, Ranger and Sorcerer. The Barbarian character fell in love with the Sugliin, an exotic pole arm made of antlers. I myself like the Frost Mage and Cloud Anchorite prestige classes.

Vulture
05-13-2008, 06:41 AM
Thanks, the campaign world im making for my players is currently in an Ice Age, and i'm thinking of buying this book

Fuzzy alchemist
05-13-2008, 03:41 PM
I rather liked it. Some people might not like the wearing down effects of the weather quite so much, but it is nice to have the rules there to either use or ignore. I personally liked the additional tables for terrain so that I knew what defined certain areas. The prestige classes and equipment are very nice and might be creatively reimagined for 4th eddtion if you so choose. That is one thing I will warn you of though. There is a lot of number stuff that might not be all that useful if you make the transition to 4th eddtion. At the very least it gives you more tools to work with and new places for ideas to spring from. In my opinion it is a good resource if you want to get a good feel for what the frozen areas would be like and want to make that a large element of your game, but if you intend to just use it as a back drop and ignore many of the effects associated with it then it might not be worth obtaining.

tesral
05-14-2008, 12:45 AM
I rather liked it. Some people might not like the wearing down effects of the weather quite so much, but it is nice to have the rules there to either use or ignore.

It might be worth it for that. My world doesn't have much cold in it, but there are spots. I have used weather effect on the tropical raised PCs more than once.

RealmsDM
05-14-2008, 01:32 AM
Thanks, the campaign world im making for my players is currently in an Ice Age, and i'm thinking of buying this book

I'd say its a no brainer if you're going with a ice age campaign. Its chock full of fun stuff that will add flavor & make DMing a bit easier on you.

Vulture
06-04-2008, 07:10 AM
i bought the book, and i think that it is perfect for the campaign im running