PDA

View Full Version : bug in die roller completely prevents use!!!

nijineko
05-07-2008, 07:31 PM
i have noticed that when clicking the die shaped button to input a roll into the text that it includes quotation marks as part of the code. these quotation marks seem to prevent the roller from working! for example:

[ ROLL="1d6" ]roll #1[ /ROLL ]

here is what is output from the die button. i have added spaces to show what it looks like without actually rolling it. now below i will put the same thing, but allowing it to roll.

roll #1

note that the green text shows up, but no roll down below!!!
now watch what happens when i do this:

[ ROLL=1d6 ]roll #2[ /ROLL ]

drumroll please:

roll #2

ta-daa! that works. so in conclusion, the die button as currently set up is broken, and if changed so that it will no longer put the quotation marks in it, will allow everyone to use the die roller without difficulty! =D

well, and just to make things difficult for me, in this post both die rolls actually worked for some reason. however, they did not work when i first submitted the post, i had to edit and check the reroll button for them to show up in the first place. just to make sure i did it again, so two out of three of the rolls actually show up below now. i guess i'm confused now as to what the problem really is! it seems not to roll the dice the first time the post is submitted, but only if one edits and rerolls!!! very odd. please help, farcaster!!!!

boulet
05-07-2008, 08:25 PM
It's black magic ! Farcaster is toying with your sanity !

boulet prepares a vaudou doll

boulet
05-07-2008, 08:32 PM
I think I can
I think I can
I think I can

Edit : without the double quote now

nijineko
05-08-2008, 03:28 PM
something. but you see that most of your rolls didn't post correctly. ^^

cplmac
05-08-2008, 04:55 PM
:cool:Uh-oh, might have to call MIB yet.:cool:

Farcaster
05-08-2008, 05:06 PM
This is with a double quote
Farcaster rolls some dice

Farcaster
05-08-2008, 05:08 PM
Okay. I can sort of reproduce it, but I'm not sure what the problem is. I will look into it.

nijineko
05-08-2008, 05:50 PM
yea! i feel so acknowledged! ^^

Farcaster
05-08-2008, 06:54 PM
I have nothing but love for you, nijineko. You know that! :laugh:

Farcaster
06-30-2008, 02:51 AM
I think I got the roller working a little better. There still might be some uncaptured exception, but give it a whirl and see if you see an improvement.

Survey Says?

nijineko
06-30-2008, 07:10 PM
now you're rolling with zoichihedrons!

{yes, sorry, i'm too lazy to check the spelling right now. ^^}