PDA

View Full Version : OOC Off Topic Discussions

Roderz
04-30-2008, 12:52 AM
Picked up GTA IV last night. Apart from the main character, Niko, the game is full of a bunch of &$#holes. Good fun though.

GBVenkman
04-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Picked up GTA IV last night. Apart from the main character, Niko, the game is full of a bunch of &$#holes. Good fun though.

haha, sounds fun. makes me want to buy a tv!

GBVenkman
05-13-2008, 06:08 PM

I've been thinking about buying a super gaming machine.. I wonder if GTA IV will be open for PCs?

Roderz
05-30-2008, 09:55 PM
Finally got my copy of TOTG

kujester
06-02-2008, 12:42 PM
I picked mine up on Saturday - interesting book with a lot of good ideas. Should be a nice resource for including some things in my gaming group.

Roderz
06-28-2008, 03:09 AM
Hey guys. I'm going to be away for most of July. About the 7th to the 25th I think. I may still be able to post while I'm away, occasionally, and randomly.

Damon Baird
11-09-2008, 06:47 PM
Can I join in this camp.?

Anodyzed
11-09-2008, 11:58 PM
Can I join in this camp.?

I'd tell you to talk to Roderz, but he's been quiet of late. I myself was admitted as a newbie in this game, but the storyline has yet to start back up, and so there is not yet an entry point for my character.

I'd say PM the GM and see what he says. When he finally starts it back up, its hard telling how many will be left!

Roderz
11-12-2008, 06:46 PM
I realise this is in danger of being one of those games that taper off and die. I told myself that wouldn't happen.

I am trying to get on a bit more, but time is tight.

Rest assured, I might be a while between, but I will post.

Roderz
01-11-2009, 05:06 PM
Roll call.

Who's still here?

Anodyzed
01-12-2009, 12:06 AM
Anodyzed still checking each day (hope doesn't really spring eternal, its wearing thin here). But I do still want to play.

russdm
01-13-2009, 06:39 PM
I am still here.

Anodyzed
02-02-2009, 11:22 PM
In response to the post in the message thread, while I wasn't yet 'active' in the posting and the group, I had been accepted by the GM, just prior to the slack period that goes back two months.

I'd be QUITE happy if someone else could take the game over and push it forward, I really DO want to play this game. I check EVERY day, just in case it revives.

Does P&PG have some means to transfer a game to a new GM if the previous one goes MIA?

Roderz
02-03-2009, 04:27 PM
Several times I've tried to get restarted, and I've got two barriers.

One: my fault, but I think most players have drifted away.

Two: it feels like playersaren't proactive enough. I understand it's hard with pbp for a group to form a consensus, but as a GM I felt like I was making too many decisions for the players, and having to remind the players that I was waiting on a response from them.

Is fixing this a lost cause? I don't mind surrendering GM position to someone else if you prefer.

Since I called roll call only two players responded, one hadn't even been introduced yet.

My solution would be to re-invent the campaign from this point. Drop the players that are gone, and if only two remain I might get one more player, no more than three except for originals.

I'll give it until the weekend to see if anything happens.

Anodyzed
02-03-2009, 06:56 PM
Several times I've tried to get restarted, and I've got two barriers.

One: my fault, but I think most players have drifted away.

Two: it feels like playersaren't proactive enough. I understand it's hard with pbp for a group to form a consensus, but as a GM I felt like I was making too many decisions for the players, and having to remind the players that I was waiting on a response from them.

Is fixing this a lost cause? I don't mind surrendering GM position to someone else if you prefer.

Since I called roll call only two players responded, one hadn't even been introduced yet.

My solution would be to re-invent the campaign from this point. Drop the players that are gone, and if only two remain I might get one more player, no more than three except for originals.

I'll give it until the weekend to see if anything happens.

A few different points to address in what you say:

pbp does seem to make it harder to get 'consensus' from a group. so as GM I often give a couple choices and 'lean' on the group leader for a decision if a consensus isn't forthcoming. By lean on, I mean there is usually one or two characters that have assumed the leader 'role' in the group. They can nudge the group in a direction, and the followers will go along. I found a good way to get a reply is ask for a die roll. Perception is good, since then everyone wonders what they are missing.

I don't think fixing it is a lost cause, but as you point out, your roll call went on (some) deaf ears. That said, your other options work too, to reinvent, add a couple new to the remaining, and push on. Since my character is the one not yet even introduced, I'm pretty much open to anything that gets it started! And I do think smaller groups are easier to work with than large ones. Some of my groups, the GM now rolls our initiative, that helps shorten the turnaround a few days, and we've often asked for a 1 day turnaround, from the last post if its 'your turn'. That could mean a six character group fighting a mob of critters could literally take a WEEK of realtime PER ROUND. While that sounds awful, I've seen worse!

Another take on the lapses when they're waiting for you and you're waiting for them, I've not been too shy to just post: "GM is waiting for players to da da da. So everyone tell me what you're doing!"

Sometimes you have to PUSH them.

Inquisitor Tremayne
02-09-2009, 11:02 AM
I am still around seeing as how I am a mod and everything.

I hadn't posted to this thread previously so I did not know it was updated. A PM to everyone involved may be nice, folks may think this has died out completely and they don't check on it anymore.

Roderz
02-25-2009, 12:19 AM
Fair point on the PMs Inquisitor Tremayne, however, I'm quite happy to let those players who've lost interest drift away peacefully.

So, going forward there's Inquisitor Tremayne, Anodyzed and russdm. Let me stew on how I'm going to evolve the story and deal with the characters without players, as there's simply too many for me to take over at the moment.

I'll update the game thread over the next week and a bit for how it progresses.

Anodyzed
02-25-2009, 10:23 AM
Sounds good!

russdm
05-15-2009, 11:07 PM
Is this game still running? And can I change my character possibly?

Anodyzed
05-16-2009, 11:21 AM
Yours was the first post in nearly a month.

HotSoup
06-17-2009, 08:40 AM
is this group still going on?

Zax
07-04-2009, 07:51 PM
As much as it would be nice if it was i don't think so. :(

russdm
08-19-2009, 05:01 PM
What the bloody hell is going on with this game. I would also like to change my character since i am not interested in running Jayne anymore.

I have a couple of other characters i would like to run instead.