PDA

View Full Version : Campaign Name TBD

SkullDragon
04-26-2008, 08:52 AM
Edited: Campaign ended 01/18/09

SilentLucidity
07-12-2008, 10:20 AM
Hey, I was wondering if you were still looking for players? I live in Glen Burnie but I used to drive down to Waldorf for a game and Brandywine...I really don't like 4E..I've read it over...I think it's really a step back. I'm more of a rollplayer than roleplayer, but that's mianly how I was brought up playing..Working on the roleplay aspect though. Let me know.

maxhagen
07-18-2008, 12:28 PM
Still looking for players?

Please let me know.

michaeljearley
07-18-2008, 12:39 PM
I'd be interested in playing. I live in Falling Waters WV.
My only concern is that I go home to Pittsburgh once a month to visit family. But if its flexible enough that we could play on Sunday's that week, I could be back in time.
-Mike

SkullDragon
07-20-2008, 10:34 PM
I apologize to everybody watching this thread--my computer, including email, went up this week and we only recently found a workaround.

I am most certainly still interested in his campaign, and I actually prefer Sundays so I can deal with just about any weekend schedule concerns. I accept and agree with most concerns about 4E; since most of what I run is somehow customized, I like the freedom we have with more source material in 3.5E.

For the most part, I build campaigns around a general consensus of what the players are looking to do. If you're interested, please check out the page http://filebox.vt.edu/~highcove/survey.html (http://filebox.vt.edu/%7Ehighcove/survey.html) and, using a scale from 1 to 7 (4 as the average), fill out what sort of campaign you'd like to play. For example, if you like slightly more role-playing than combat, put a 3 for "Campaign Type". I know it's a bit awkward, and feel free to add any other notes you want (like "I like a Forgotten-Realms-like setting"), but it seems that averaging something like this gives me more to work with than a general "What do you want to play?".

I can be reached via this thread, email, or IM. Though I'm generally loathe to post contact information online, I'll be happy to send it via private message.

michaeljearley
07-21-2008, 10:21 AM
Campaign Type = 4
Magic Level = 7 (I'm a Forgotten Realms Fan)
Power Level = 1 or 7 ( I personally prefer 7, but I have played a game
where I was a lvl 1 ranger, with no memory and
had to survive not know who had tried to kill
me and it was great, so if the roleplay is good,
the power level dosn't matter)
Location = 3 (I like Urban settings, but in D&D I don't want as much
crime or finance stuff.)
Tone/Mood = 3 (but I do like defined good and evil)
Content = 7

I'm really looking foward to this, It's been quite a few years since I've been in a stable game.

michaeljearley
07-22-2008, 08:31 AM
I work with a guy that lives in Fredrick, I'm trying to get him to join us as well.
I think Sunday's work better for him as well.

The Wandering Bard
07-23-2008, 08:45 PM
Hello All. I would love to join the game. I work weekends right now but I am changing jobs which would open up my weekends. I'm a Forgotten realms fan as well as Eberron, but I will play anything fantasy as long as the story line and RP. are good. I should have my new job by Sept. and would be willing to join late if the game starts earlier then Sept. if the group would allow.

SkullDragon
07-23-2008, 08:51 PM
Unfortunately, weekends are the only option for me. My weekday schedule is too intermittent to dedicate an evening to a weekly game. I'm fine with people joining the campaign partway through, though.

For anybody who can make it, are you free this Sunday at 13:00 for a Session #0?

michaeljearley
07-24-2008, 07:56 AM
I will be there Sunday, if it's still on.
What time?

maxhagen
07-24-2008, 09:33 AM
I'm very interested and I can make it this Sunday too...

Can you please send us the address and time and maybe a contact number? That way it would be easier to coordinate everything.

SkullDragon
07-24-2008, 07:32 PM
13:00. I'll send the address and other contact information over PM.

SkullDragon
07-24-2008, 07:36 PM
On that note, michaeljearley, your PM inbox is full.

michaeljearley
07-24-2008, 08:11 PM
Fixed.

SkullDragon
07-25-2008, 07:19 PM
Max, would you mind posting your assessment of http://filebox.vt.edu/~highcove/survey.html (http://filebox.vt.edu/%7Ehighcove/survey.html), as above? I'd like to get an idea of what the world is.

maxhagen
07-26-2008, 01:51 PM
Campaing Type: 5
Magic Level: 4
Power Level: 5
Tone/Mood: 3
Content/Description: 7

But I would do any... these would be sort of my preferences...

maxhagen
07-26-2008, 11:12 PM
Sorry for the double post.

michaeljearley
07-30-2008, 07:46 AM
AWESOME GAME so far. Good enough that I went on ebay and bought some race specific books. *J*

michaeljearley
08-19-2008, 08:31 AM
Second session, better than the first. Skull, you the GM.

"What the frig, that's not fair, give it back."

Redmond17
08-28-2008, 01:32 AM
Hey, are you still looking for another player? Or maybe two? My sundays are pretty open, and I have a co-worker who might be interested. Here are my answers to your survey, I'll contact the other guy ASAP.

Campaign Type: 4 (I prefer action over interaction, but having nothing but action gets tedious)
Magic Level: 5 (the extra point is there because I like the look of warforged)
Power Level: 5 (Above-average heroics are fine, we don't need to go OVER 9000!!!)
Location: 4 (Exotic locales: Good. Going through every single day of a 2-month journey to said locale: Bad.)
Tone/Mood: 3 (Blurring the lines of morality just a bit is never dull.)
Content/Descriptions: 6 (I just think there's a point at which someone is overdoing it.)

Redmond17
08-28-2008, 02:13 AM
(duplicate post deleted)

SkullDragon
08-28-2008, 09:22 PM
We'd be thrilled to have another player or two. I'm looking over the calendar now:

Aug 31st: If you can make it this weekend (it's Labor Day weekend, so if you have other plans, we weren't doing anything anyway, so you won't miss anything), we can have a Session 2.5 to create characters and discuss the setting and so forth.
Sep 7th: I think we're meeting this weekend, but there may have been a schedule mix-up on my part leading to an interpretation that we're not (sorry Michael, I should not have been doing long-term planning while playing Game Boy). If everybody can make it, I intend to have one.
Sep 14th: No session this week for sure, because I'll be out of town.

I fully agree with the "going over every day= bad" assessment. One of our friends from college ran a campaign where the party was in town for an event happening in three weeks, and he expected them to spend three weekly D&D sessions exploring the city and interacting there instead of time-skipping to the event. In that session, two players (best friends, playing a minotaur and satyr) managed to rally the city's homeless population and stage a coup, overthrowing the town guard and collapsing one of their iconic towers. Much out-of-character yelling followed. By the next week, that session had been retconned away, and the party had time-skipped to three weeks later. Too much minutia = fail.

Redmond17
08-30-2008, 12:03 AM
I should be able to make it. At 1300, like you said before? And is the blue pointer on the map the correct place?

My co-worker will not be able to make it, but I'll be sure to shoot him an email.

In retrospect, knowing where the game is helps a lot... :confused:

GrnKnight74
09-01-2008, 08:08 AM
Are you still looking for players? I would be interested in a weekly game. I have been playing on and off for about 20 years.

CelestialBarbarian
09-01-2008, 11:01 AM
Are you still looking for players? I would be interested in a weekly game. I have been playing on and off for about 20 years.

My campaign is open to adding a player or two. We have a good mix of role playing and hack and slash. Check out my campaign invitation thread and let me know if you're interested. :)

Elridan
09-12-2008, 01:07 PM
If you still have room in the party...I would be able to start doing a Sunday game come October.

Campaing Type: 4
Magic Level: 5
Power Level: 3
Tone/Mood: 4
Content/Description: 5

SkullDragon
09-19-2008, 06:28 PM
At the current power level of the campaign, I'm real wary about adding a fifth player, so whether we have room or not comes down to whether Redmond17's co-worker is unavailable at present.

Regardless, now that I'm back in town, I can run a session this Sunday. If there's any confusion over where we are (since I forgot who I PMed and such), shoot me a PM and I'll respond with contact information. Michael, you may want to show up an hour or so late, because anybody new will have to go through character creation.

michaeljearley
09-19-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't mind. I have the dragon magic book now as well. Looks cool, nothing amazingly impressive though.
See you guys on Sunday.

Elridan
09-20-2008, 12:46 PM
At the current power level of the campaign, I'm real wary about adding a fifth player, so whether we have room or not comes down to whether Redmond17's co-worker is unavailable at present..

No problem, good gaming!

Redmond17
09-20-2008, 02:33 PM
My co-worker is out due to travel issues... I still plan to be there tomorrow.

SkullDragon
09-21-2008, 08:45 PM
So yes, we do have room for one more player.

Somebody left their Spell Compendium here tonight, so if that's necessary for anybody to level, I can type up something from there.

nijineko
09-21-2008, 09:56 PM
noticing that someone is using dragon magic... should that someone be using a sorcerer, then i know of some official items you will want to know about. ^^

Elridan
09-22-2008, 01:37 PM
So yes, we do have room for one more player

ah, ok, I got a pm from another player affirming this, thank you.

I would love to join the group starting in October-I have some personal stuff I'm trying to clear up before hand, but it should all be dealt with by the end of this month.

If you still need another player I can join in starting on October 5th.

SkullDragon
09-27-2008, 11:57 AM
Since we have one player out and another not starting yet, this week's session is off. Next week, everything can dovetail nicely and we can introduce a new party member very easily, so it makes more sense to make the next one that week.

SkullDragon
09-28-2008, 06:05 PM
Campaign Site: http://filebox.vt.edu/~highcove/campaigns/tiamat.html

Redmond17
09-29-2008, 11:52 PM
Regretfully, I will have to leave the game after only one session. Sorry...
:(