PDA

View Full Version : IC Adv 1: Arrivals



Pages : [1] 2

Roderz
04-24-2008, 10:09 AM
View resolves on a star field, panning across to port, until a planet fills the view. Those who know it know the tumultuous past it has had. Polluted during an attack over one hundred years ago, then aggressively repaired by the Yuuzhan Vong. It has now been returned to its original inhabitants, but they are still getting used to a planet radically changed from what they knew. What they do know, is Space Stations, seeing as they lived aboard them for so many decades. Re-constructing stations such as Pellezara Station has progressed rapidly, some would say a little too rapidly. Pellezara has become a major transit depot for those travelling to and from the Core, seeing as Duro sits on the Corellian Trade Spine.

The view focuses on a large Space Station, incredibly large, though the majority of the Spac Station seems to be 'dark', with minimal warning lights operating. Several Commercial Passenger Liners approach large bays, set up to handle processing bulk amounts of people. Already there is a backlog of people, some becoming impatient. In typical sentient nature, some have set up businesses plying their trade to this captive audience.

---

Deacon Kaldor, recently dropped on the station by his father, waits to be processed so that he can work out his next move. The line is quite long, but he has made some progress.

---

Tolin checks See-Eight to ensure he is still with him before proceeding to the priority line. The luxury transport that brought him from Coruscant has already departed.

---

Ogami Karte again reached for his Lightsaber in its hiding place. It was dangerous to be carrying it around, but he couldn't leave it behind. He looked across at Anastalsya, similarly clad in casual clothes. They were being sent out of the Core, it having become too dangerous on Coruscant to hide any longer. All the Jedi hidden were leaving in pairs, in any way they could.

---

Ipsam looked at his feet again. The line was barely moving but he barely noticed. The transport to Corellia had diverted with Hyperdrive problems and though he offered to help, they had put him ashore at Pellezara and refunded a portion of his fee. Unfortunately he had to get through the line though.

---

Jayne found it strange that these days he was made nervous by a lack of law enforcement when in the past it had always been the opposite. There didn't appear to be too much Law Enforcement around though. Just clerks, and not particularly tough looking ones at that. Still, it was unlikely the Hutt would follow him all the way to Duro.

---

The bay is a very large space with clearly marked landing areas, though ships don't stay long, as no maintenance is performed here. The smell isn't too bad for a landing bay. Things look generally ok, though there is probably more litter and disrepair than could be expected.

There are three queues leading to three desks. The shortest, fastest moving and one with the biggest presence of clerks is the priority one, which seems to require special papers, as many who approach it are turned away. Those in that line seem to be mostly wearing fine robes, suits and jewellery. There are about a dozen clerks, mostly young humans and a couple of Duros, not visibly armed and entirely non-intimidating.

There are various species in evidence, an ugly Twi'lek is loudly proclaiming the virtues of the Ponassian Monkey, which seems to be a bar, a pair of Nikto are having a pointed discussion by the main doorway out of the bay. An Ithorian is trying to sell some kind of herb to patrons, though not having much success, a trio of human males are examining the crowd while chatting and leaning on a wall, as though waiting for someone, and a couple of Gran, both dressed in black are strolling around.


OOC Take applicable Knowledge Checks if you like, as well as Perception Checks.
Toren Utgard, Anastalsya is there as well, but I don't know enough about her to write much.

GBVenkman
04-24-2008, 12:44 PM
*Ogami medidtates on his surroundings, with special attention to the trio of humans*

*Takes 10 on 'Sense Surroundings' (UTF)= 15 to ignore cover and concealment when making a perception check*

Perception check

russdm
04-24-2008, 02:56 PM
*Jayne looks around to see if he notices anything*

*Jayne use his Knowledge of Technology to note anything*

Jayne's Perception
Jayne's Knowledge-Technology

Toren Utgard
04-24-2008, 03:49 PM
Ana glances and notices the force being used by her companion. Ana stands focused on the fall of the Temple and of the younglings killed by the Clones so many years ago that her master likely had been young or maybe not born. She simply moved forward when the line did.

Perception check

Inquisitor Tremayne
04-24-2008, 04:22 PM
Tolin heads to the "Priority line" to see what papers he needs or if he can talk his way through.

knowledge (galactic lore)

perception check

dndmaster
04-24-2008, 06:16 PM
Thanking my father for everything I stand in line and wait to be processed. Naturally curious about the things around me I glance around looking at all the things. Deacon's perception

Inquisitor Tremayne
04-24-2008, 08:45 PM
So I guess we need to roll initiative?

Tolin rolls Initiative

Sorry, don't know how my post ended up before yours.

Roderz
04-24-2008, 08:46 PM
The Gran slowly stop walking as they notice an individual in the priority line who seems completely unaware of them, a human dressed in a very fancy suit, standing alone.

One of the Gran nod to the humans leaning on the wall who suddenly become aware of them.

The reach into their tunics and pull out blasters, while the gran reach for their own weapons.

Human Stealth Check

Gran Stealth Check

Human 1 Initiative Check

Human 2 Initiative Check

Human 3 Initiative Check

Gran 1 Initiative Check

Gran 2 Initiative Check

Roderz
04-24-2008, 08:47 PM
OOC Only those who roll higher than a Stealth Check, and you may only act against those you detect. Also write the general actions/goals your character will attempt.

dndmaster
04-24-2008, 09:02 PM
Deacon's Stealth Check Seeing the commotion, I look around and see that a few gran are drawing their weapons.

dndmaster
04-24-2008, 09:09 PM
Deacon's initiative and Stealth I will be moving to intercept one of the gran near me.
My goal is to see what is going on. (depending what they say I may help them or not)

kujester
04-24-2008, 09:54 PM
Dejected by a bad turn of luck, I look at the floor, but continue to swivel my eyes and check out my surroundings.

Orbiting eyeballs generally can see quite a bit

Depending on what I see, I would enter the initiative order...

Ipsam jumps into action

If I notice the danger, I quietly reach into my gear and modify my weapons (personalized mods) for a bonus +1 to hit.... Just in case. I don't make any obvious move to draw or fire.

If I don't notice... Well, I imagine I'll just wait and see what happens.

GBVenkman
04-24-2008, 11:20 PM
Initiative roll

I notice nothing during the surprise round, but after that, I check the distance between them and my partner and I.

Being not certain if Ana notices, I nudge her (unless she does so herself since she may have noticed the commotion.)

My mind is bent on staying neutral; for all I know, the men may have good reason for their actions. If they seem intent on assulting an unarmed person, I would make my way to what looks like the leader of the group.

After surprise round:
Perception: Attempts to ascertain who the leader of the group may be as well as their intent

(unless something dramatic happens before then).

I also note what the humans are wearing, hoping I see something that may show what they're affiliated with (Local Security?):
General Knowledge Check

At the moment, I wish to keep things diplomatic (drawing a light saber in the middle of a very crowded hanger is probably my plan Z.)

If things do get nasty, I'd rather furtively force slam the group down in an effort to subdue the aggressors, but I'd have to be certain that they were trying to kill innocents. If that's not an option due to crowd control, I'd opt to enter hand to hand with battle strike initiated.

Over all, I'm patient patient to see how things unfold before committing myself.

russdm
04-25-2008, 10:08 AM
Jayne notices nothing in the suprise round. If combat happens he will try to remain uninvolved unless looks clear that getting involved would be profitable.

Jayne's Stealth

Please ignore the second init thing. Its an error.

Roderz
04-25-2008, 10:23 AM
OOC Seems pretty likely Ipsam will go first, left with a move and swift action.

The two Gran advance on the individual, drawing knives, and displaying very aggressive expressions, the one in the lead, wearing a bright yellow scarf seemingly commands the other Gran, along with the Humans.

Initiative Order:
1. Ipsam (Aware of Gran only) acts Standard Action to do Personal Mods.
2. Tolin (Aware of all)
3. Ogami (Unaware during Surprise)
4. Human 3
5. Deacon (Aware of Gran only)
6. Human 2
7. Gran 1
8. Ana (Aware of all)
9. Jayne (Unaware during Surprise)
10. Gran 2
11. Human 1

Tolin stands behind the person who is behind the fancily dressed human.

Deacon is in the queue on the other side of the Gran, the Gran moving away, Ogami & Ana stand a couple of places behind Deacon.

Jayne & Ipsam find themselves in the queue furthest from the two Gran. The humans are on the other side of the desks but appear to be about to move.

All except Jayne & Ipsam could close on the two Gran with a single move action, the humans are beyond a single move.

Inquisitor Tremayne
04-25-2008, 11:20 AM
On Tolin's initiative:

I will tell See-8 to make as much commotion as he can (ala R2-D2 in Episode III) and I will react in kind.

I will be attempting to cause a distraction to hopefully get the attention of the finely dressed human and hopefully make him aware of what is going on.

I guess See-8 will be assisting me on my deception check.

See-8's deception check

Tolin's deception check +2 if the droid assists

Toren Utgard
04-25-2008, 01:56 PM
Ana moves forward and and stands in front of any innocents who may get in the crossfire. She has her hand on the lightsaber hilt but does nothing more than prepare for an attack, not wanting to draw to much attention.

Ana's reaction time

OOC: Bonus on stealth roll = my dex bonus

Toren Utgard
04-25-2008, 02:03 PM
OOC: Sorry but the dice roller is not agreeing with me so...

Ana's stealth check

GBVenkman
04-25-2008, 04:52 PM
OOC: Sorry but the dice roller is not agreeing with me so...

Ana's stealth check


ooc I think you need to roll your initiative.

kujester
04-25-2008, 08:42 PM
Combat isn't something I expect really... I draw my blaster, but don't point it in any really threatening way for the moment. Then I start yelling at the top of my fishy lungs for Station Law Enforcement.

Roderz
04-26-2008, 09:12 AM
Surprise Round:
1. Ipsam (Aware of Gran only); Move: Draw Pistol, Standard Action: Personal Mods, Swift: Call for Law Enforcement Something like, "WEAPONS! HE'S GOT A GUN!".

The fancily dressed human turns wildly at Ipsam's shout, looking about for an attack that may be coming.

2. Tolin (Aware of all); Move: Draw Pistol, Swift: Set to Stun, Standard: Ready to fire at any Hostile Actions.

4. Human 3; Move: Draw Pistol, Standard: Fire at Ipsam.

5. Deacon (Aware of Gran, and Human 3) Move: Moves to stand in front of one of the Gran, asking in Basic if there's something he can help with; Standard: Fight Defensively; Swift: Set to Stun.

6. Human 2; Move: Draw Pistol, Standard: Fire at Ipsam.

7. Gran 1; Move: Draw Vibroblade, Standard: Charge at Fancily dressed human provoking an attack by Tolin which hit taking half the Gran's HP and knocking him two steps down the track.

8. Ana (Aware of all); Ushers bystanders away from the growing scuffle, moving herself further away from the combatants in the process.

10. Gran 2; Move: Draw Vibroblade & Hold-out Blaster, Standard: Attack Deacon.

11. Human 1; Move: Draw Pistol, Standard: Attack Tolin.


OOC Post will be updated with each character's Mechanical Actions

Roderz
04-26-2008, 09:12 AM
I will be attempting to cause a distraction to hopefully get the attention of the finely dressed human and hopefully make him aware of what is going on.

OOC This doesn't really call for a Deception Check IMO. You want to make him aware of danger. Not distract him with a Deception action right? Simply making a racket for the human to notice I don't think a test is required, and something like an R2 unit going crazy is pretty hard to miss. Let me know if you want to change your actions, I'll check again in an hour or so, then again in another 6 or 8 hours.

I consider events during the surprise round to happen almost simultaneously, so Tolin should not act in response to Ipsam's actions.

Guys, might help me if you each try to post what you would do with each action, as well as the general goal of your character and any miscellaneous things like thoughts or speech. Eg: Ipsam sneakily draws his pistol (Move) and swiftly adjust the settings to the way he likes (Standard Personal Modifications), while yelling out for Law Enforcement and wondering why the two Gran seem to have it in for the guy.

Inquisitor Tremayne
04-26-2008, 01:09 PM
OOC This doesn't really call for a Deception Check IMO. You want to make him aware of danger. Not distract him with a Deception action right? Simply making a racket for the human to notice I don't think a test is required, and something like an R2 unit going crazy is pretty hard to miss. Let me know if you want to change your actions, I'll check again in an hour or so, then again in another 6 or 8 hours.

I consider events during the surprise round to happen almost simultaneously, so Tolin should not act in response to Ipsam's actions.

Guys, might help me if you each try to post what you would do with each action, as well as the general goal of your character and any miscellaneous things like thoughts or speech. Eg: Ipsam sneakily draws his pistol (Move) and swiftly adjust the settings to the way he likes (Standard Personal Modifications), while yelling out for Law Enforcement and wondering why the two Gran seem to have it in for the guy.

Then, on Tolin's initiative;

Upon hearing someone shouting about blasters drawn, Tolin will draw his blaster pistol as a move action, swift action to set it on stun, and as a standard action ready to stun the first Gran or Human that takes a hostile action toward the finely dressed human.

Roderz
04-26-2008, 08:45 PM
The most alert of the Humans hears Ipsam's shout as he pulls his own blaster, and almost as a reflex action he squeezes off a shot at Ipsam.

Roll to Hit Ipsam Reflex Defence of 15
Damage, assuming he hits

Deacon then moves from his place in the queue to intercept the Gran, inquiring in Basic, "Is there anything I can help you with?"

OOC Is there anything else you'd like to do with your actions dndmaster? I would suggest Fight Defensively as a standard action, as you have approached a couple of potentially hostile individuals. You have a Standard and a Swift left.

dndmaster
04-26-2008, 11:34 PM
OOC Is there anything else you'd like to do with your actions dndmaster? I would suggest Fight Defensively as a standard action, as you have approached a couple of potentially hostile individuals. You have a Standard and a Swift left.
After asking my question I stand ready in a defensive stance preparing to draw my blaster.
Swift action...through my robes I turn my pistol to stun.

Roderz
04-27-2008, 02:44 AM
Roll to hit Ipsam
Damage if hit

Roderz
04-27-2008, 03:57 AM
The second human also draws and fires at the loud-mouthed Mon Cal.

Ipsam's Reflex Defense = 15, Damage Threshold = 10
Roll to hit Ipsam
Damage if hit

Roderz
04-27-2008, 04:08 AM
Ipsam takes a shot to the leg, the shock taking its toll immediately.

The lead Gran, seemingly in charge of the group, draws a Vibroblade, steps around Deacon, saying something he couldn't understand in Gran, and charges at the fancily dressed human.

OOC Tolin now takes his readied action of attacking anyone acting hostile toward the human. Point Blank Range, No Cover. Reflex Defence of 10, you can make the rolls Inquisitor Tremayne.

Inquisitor Tremayne
04-28-2008, 07:20 AM
My readied action would have been triggered had the humans (the ones to attack first) began firing.

Assuming they are in range of my stun I blast 'em!

stun the closest human who fired

stun damage if hit

Roderz
04-28-2008, 08:26 AM
OOC You readied an action to protrect the human, this is the first overt hostile action against the human. The "thugs" attacked Ipsam, not the human. On top of that, they're beyond stun range by just a bit. For those two reasons, I'll count it against the Gran.

As the Gran rushes forward, Tolin whips his pistol around and fires a stun blast. The blast washes against the Gran's shoulder as he rushes up to the Fancily Dressed Human with a Vibroblade. While the blast doesn't drop the Gran, he clearly stumbles and moves with a little less confidence.

The Gran Attacks (+2 Atk, +2 Charge, -2 Condition)
Damage if Gran Hits

Roderz
04-28-2008, 08:31 AM
The Gran sinks his Vibroblade into the anonymous Human, who immediately collapses from the shock.

OOC Ana is up next Toren Utgard.

kujester
04-29-2008, 12:54 PM
Ipsam takes a shot to the leg, the shock taking its toll immediately.

The lead Gran, seemingly in charge of the group, draws a Vibroblade, steps around Deacon, saying something he couldn't understand in Gran, and charges at the fancily dressed human.

OOC Tolin now takes his readied action of attacking anyone acting hostile toward the human. Point Blank Range, No Cover. Reflex Defence of 10, you can make the rolls Inquisitor Tremayne.

On my next turn

Swift: Switch weapon to Stun
Standard: Fire back at the human
Move: Duck behind some people in the queue for cover, because living would be a good thing and I'm not too certain about this fighting thing

Firing my blaster - (+1 Personal Mod, +1 Point Blank Shot, -1 Condition)
Stun Damage for the human

kujester
04-29-2008, 12:56 PM
Blah...

Firing the weapon, same mods
Damage

kujester
04-29-2008, 01:01 PM
-sorry - accidental post-

russdm
04-29-2008, 03:31 PM
On His turn:

Jayne will draw his blaster pistol from its holster (Move action). He will then blast away at the Gran that Tolin shot.
Jayne Shoots at Gran
Damage if shot hits.

kujester
04-29-2008, 04:13 PM
On His turn:

Jayne will draw his blaster pistol from its holster (Move action). He will switch it to stun (Swift Action), then blast away at the Gran that Tolin shot.

ooc - There has been some errata on stun weapons - I have the quote here:


p. 120 – Weapon Qualities
The entry for Stun Damage should read as follows:
"If the weapon has a stun setting, it is listed here. A weapon set to stun does stun damage equal to its normal damage (see Stunning, page 162, for more information). Ranged weapons set to stun have a maximum range of 6 squares unless noted otherwise."

russdm
04-29-2008, 04:45 PM
OOC-Oops! I will fix my post.

Toren Utgard
04-30-2008, 06:48 PM
Ana stands ready for an incoming attack while moving the crowd away from the fighting slowly.

Roderz
05-01-2008, 07:46 PM
The second Gran snarls at Deacon, pulling out a Vibroblade and hold-out blaster, before attempting to sink the blade into Deacon.

Gran's stab attempt
Damage if hit

The final human, draws a blaster and fires at Tolin.

Human fires at Tolin
Damage if hit

OOC So neither enemy hits (Use re-rolled results, I think I finally have the hang of it). Ipsam is up next in the next round.

kujester
05-01-2008, 10:55 PM
ooc - you have my action, no change for me this round

Roderz
05-02-2008, 10:24 AM
Ipsam, ducking between the crowd, fires off a stun blast, hitting the lead human (#3) in the head with a stun blast, immediately stunning him senseless. His limp form slumps to the ground.

The queues immediately panic and begin to move, most away from the desks, back to the vacant landing areas where the ships dropped them. Some however, not knowing what the cause of the panic is, begin to run between and around the growing combat. Ipsam uses this to his advantage.

The Gran killer, having despatched his target, looks up to see where the shot that hit him came from.

The humans realise they may have trouble when one of their number is felled by an accurate stun blast.

OOC Tolin is up next Inquisitor Tremayne.

GBVenkman
05-02-2008, 01:03 PM
OOC Seems pretty likely Ipsam will go first, left with a move and swift action.

The two Gran advance on the individual, drawing knives, and displaying very aggressive expressions, the one in the lead, wearing a bright yellow scarf seemingly commands the other Gran, along with the Humans.

Initiative Order:
1. Ipsam (Aware of Gran only) acts Standard Action to do Personal Mods.
2. Tolin (Aware of all)
3. Ogami (Unaware during Surprise)
4. Human 3
5. Deacon (Aware of Gran only)
6. Human 2
7. Gran 1
8. Ana (Aware of all)
9. Jayne (Unaware during Surprise)
10. Gran 2
11. Human 1

Tolin stands behind the person who is behind the fancily dressed human.

Deacon is in the queue on the other side of the Gran, the Gran moving away, Ogami & Ana stand a couple of places behind Deacon.

Jayne & Ipsam find themselves in the queue furthest from the two Gran. The humans are on the other side of the desks but appear to be about to move.

All except Jayne & Ipsam could close on the two Gran with a single move action, the humans are beyond a single move.

ooc thought I'd post the initiative order so I don't have to go back to the first page each time to check


Unless something drastic happens after Tolin acts, Ogami rushes to the leading Gran with the yellow scarf, activates battle strike and starts a good old fashioned brawl.

(will post battle strike activation in this post, then post again depending on the roll)


UTF: Activate Battle strike

GBVenkman
05-02-2008, 01:03 PM
Activate Battle strike

GBVenkman
05-02-2008, 01:17 PM
As Ogami calmly walks to the Gran he lets the force flow through him. Amid the chaos, he knows he must be prudent and opts for the most 'low key' of options.


Unarmed attack w/ battle strike


OOC: If Ogami Hits, his damage is increased by 2d6 (a 24 on UtF gives +1 to attack and +2d6 to damage):

Damage

Inquisitor Tremayne
05-02-2008, 06:42 PM
Tolin moves toward the closest human bad guy keeping 5 squares of distance between them (move action) and fires off a stun shot.

stun closets human

damage if hit

dndmaster
05-02-2008, 09:04 PM
ooc: I know the human is before me but that will not change my actions now.

Standard: Shoot the Gran.
Move: Draw my blaster
Stun shot and damage

Roderz
05-03-2008, 11:09 AM
Tolin Aldon calmly strides forward and fires a stun blast at one of the humans (3), who staggers but remains standing (-2 Steps).

OOC Ogami won't reach that Gran, so I'll assume you attack the other.

Ogami cracks the Gran across the snout, hearing a loud crack over the hubbub of the combat. The Gran drops to the ground, out cold.

OOC dndmaster, there's no reason to take a step back, you can use your blaster, if you do take a step back you'll provoke an Attack of Opportunity, a free attack for your enemy. Drawing your blaster is a move action, so that's what you do with your move, then your standard is to attack the lead Gran (since the second has been dropped), which misses.

Two opponents are next, will try to do tomorrow.

Roderz
05-03-2008, 11:22 AM
The lead Gran turns around to face Deacon, who also whirls to face the new threat, his original opponent dropped by a stellar blow from a new combatant.

Gran rolls to attack Deacon +2 Atk -2 Condition
Damage if hit

The only human so far to have kept his head down takes aim and fires at the boxer who dropped one of his fellows with an amazing punch (Ogami).

Human rolls to attack Ogami +2 Atk
Damage if hit

OOC Ana is up next Toren.

GBVenkman
05-05-2008, 02:37 PM
OOC the gran I knocked out was carrying a knife right?

Toren Utgard
05-05-2008, 02:39 PM
Ana moves into a position to help defend her companion and proceeds to channel the force to stun the human while yelling to the crowd behind me to continue to move away from the fight.

Force Stun Check

Standard: Force Stun
Move:Ana moved her full distance toward the other Jedi
Swift:Yell at innocents to move

Roderz
05-06-2008, 09:56 AM
OOC So Deacon is hit, losing 12 HP, down to 13. Ipsam who was hit earlier is -1 Step and on 7 HP.

Total chaos now reigns, various individuals run all throughout the area, trying to find safety among the support struts and conduits at the far outer of the chamber. One group, having been ushered by a quick thinking and community-minded tribal girl, head as far from the fighting as possible.

In the center of the chamber, two Gran dressed in black moved toward a human waiting in line, the first was shot, but still managed to sink his Vibroblade into his target, the other was soon felled by a knockout punch by a young boxer.

Three Humans dressed in ratty gang clothing standing further away drew blasters and began trading shots with anyone who fought back, encountering many more such individuals than expected. One now lay on the deck, another having taken a stun blast, and a third who feels like he's been hit by a landspeeder, but doesn't remember getting hit.

Jayne, caught unawares during the initial flurry, draws his blaster, deftly switching it to stun and firing an ineffectual blast, hoping to draw attention and confuse the thugs with another target. OOC Jayne was out of range of all targets for a Stun Blast.

The Human who took the stun shot switches his aim to Ogami and fires a blaster bolt.

Human 1 attacks +2 Atk -2 Cond
Damage if hit

OOC Ipsam is up next. Note that he's out of range for a Stun shot. Though will just be in range of one with a Move action. Same for Jayne.

kujester
05-06-2008, 10:19 AM
Ipsam: Muttering under his breath: "I have no idea how I get myself into these things..."

Takes a move action forward to close distance for stun range (ducking for some more cover as much as possible) and then takes a shot at one of the Gran.

Down with Gran (+1 Pers Mod, -1 Con, +1 PB Shot)
Stun Damage if needed

Roderz
05-06-2008, 10:23 AM
OOC You're entering your -1 for Con as a +1.

Oh, and Toren, I really need that character history from you.

kujester
05-06-2008, 10:29 AM
OOC You're entering your -1 for Con as a +1.

Oh, and Toren, I really need that character history from you.

ooc: I meant -1 Condition Track in my statement of attacking. I normally have a +2 to hit, -1 for Con Track, +1 Personal Mods, +1 Point Blank Shot for a grand total of +3.

Roderz
05-06-2008, 10:39 AM
Ipsam, seemingly displaying no regard for his own safety, steps forward and fires a stun blast at the last Gran, dropping him to the floor.

OOC Tolin is up next

Inquisitor Tremayne
05-06-2008, 11:30 AM
Tolin will maintain stun distance with the closest human (possible move action) and fire off another stun shot.

stun shot at closest human

damage if hit

GBVenkman
05-06-2008, 03:11 PM
Ogami: Looks down at the fallen Gran, picks up his knife (I'm assuming that's what weapon he had, correct me if I'm wrong), and charges his way toward the attacking man.

Swift pick up weapon, move: move the space, then standard charge. Would this close the distance?

Roderz
05-06-2008, 05:59 PM
OOC I'd say picking up the Vibroblade (Advanced Melee Weapon which you're non-proficient with) is a move action, but that still leaves you with a charge, which is enough to reach the humans. A straight line leaves you adjacent to both. Make your rolls.

Deacon's actions are after Ogami.

GBVenkman
05-06-2008, 06:30 PM
OOC I'd say picking up the Vibroblade (Advanced Melee Weapon which you're non-proficient with) is a move action, but that still leaves you with a charge, which is enough to reach the humans. A straight line leaves you adjacent to both. Make your rolls.

Deacon's actions are after Ogami.

*ogami leaves the vibroblade and charges straight to the Human*

Charges into a kick (+2 for charge)

Damge if hit

dndmaster
05-06-2008, 09:41 PM
ooc: I only lost 6 hp :)
Having the wind knocked out of me I fire once again at the Gran a little more determined to save myself from disaster. Quick action switch from stun to normal and then fire Fire and damage

Roderz
05-06-2008, 11:55 PM
ooc: I only lost 6 hp :)
Having the wind knocked out of me I fire once again at the Gran a little more determined to save myself from disaster.

OOC It was a critical hit, natural 20, dealing double damage.

The Gran is already down. One of the humans?

GBVenkman
05-09-2008, 07:46 PM
ooc who is next?

dndmaster
05-09-2008, 08:08 PM
ooc: yes one of the humans

Roderz
05-09-2008, 09:14 PM
Charging at one of the humans, Ogami leaps into a crude but effective fly kick, striking him in the chest, knocking him over and out cold.

Deacon, switching his weapon off stun, waits for Ogami to run past before firing on the last enemy standing, a human. Under a hail of blaster bolts, the human is hit in the chest and blown back off his feet.

With the last shots fired, some of the people taking cover begin to peer out. Most still have yet to catch their wits. The drone of usual sounds such as power converters humming, atmospheric shields, ships powering up, down and flying in begins to become more noticeable again.

OOC What do you do now?

Toren Utgard
05-09-2008, 10:12 PM
I calmly return to the crowd of people and assure them that all is now well and to proceed to the way things were going before the scuffle.

dndmaster
05-09-2008, 10:20 PM
Deacon moves to the body of the Gran that attacked him to check him for information on what they might have been upto?

GBVenkman
05-10-2008, 12:49 AM
Ogami: Walks back to Ana's side after looking over the bodies quickly.

kujester
05-10-2008, 06:54 AM
Ipsam: Holstering my weapon, I find a nearby seat and limp towards it while waiting for the arrival of the authorities and medical personnel. Without a lot to do for the moment, I take out my datapad and toolkit, using some tools to modify the datapad (achieving nothing - just fiddling).

(I also over the course of this take my three swifts to recover my condition track damage)

Inquisitor Tremayne
05-10-2008, 10:24 AM
Tolin holsters his pistol and approaches the finely dressed human that was attacked and asks if he is okay or if he is still alive. And will try to ascertain what the "bad guys" were after and wait around for the authorities to show up.

Roderz
05-10-2008, 12:59 PM
Ana returns to the group of people she ushered away, helping them retrieve their bags, and control over-excited children. While the queues haven't yet reformed and she cannot immediately see the officials, the stewards who were controlling the queues are in sight and appear to be trying to keep people calm.

Deacon, bleeding a fair amount from the wound on his arm, moves to the Gran with the yellow scarf, who seemed to be in command of them to see what he can tell from the Gran's appearance and possessions.

Ogami moves back to his bag, ensuring it and Ana's are as they left them. Realising that Ana is a little distracted, Ogami watches the emerging crowd for any other signs of danger.

Ipsam gingerly checks the blackened graze across his leg. A young Duros who had been waiting in line behind him earlier rushes over to help Ipsam limp over to a bench, telling Ipsam how amazing he was, and that if he had a blaster he would have taken them down before they'd even gotten off a shot. Ipsam works his leg back and forth, ensuring he's ok. The leg will need to be looked at, and a new pair of pants are required, but he realises he was lucky it was the leg.

Tolin motions for his droid to follow as he quickly moves to the thugs' target. The human does not seem to be moving, and there is quite a pool of blood surrounding him. Tolin begins to perform what little first aid he knows, before noticing the gaping wound in the man's chest. With little hope, Tolin does what he can, attempting to staunch the flow of blood.

OOC Tolin needs to make a Knowledge (Beauracracy) Check.

Everyone should take a Perception check to notice what you can about the various people/bodies/location. You are not under stress, so can take 10 or 20. Tolin and Deacon will be examining their various targets.

russdm
05-10-2008, 01:38 PM
Jayne will holster his blaster then move back into line. He will try to avoid been noticed doing so. He will take the time to look around and see if anyone is paying any special attention to him.

OOC: I am going to take 20 on perception. With Jayne's +0, that makes it a 20.

Stealth: Jayne tries to avoid being seen.

Inquisitor Tremayne
05-10-2008, 03:20 PM
knowledge(bureaucracy) untrained

perception check

treat injury (untrained)

kujester
05-10-2008, 03:54 PM
Ipsam: Sitting on the bench, I thank the very friendly and young Duros for his help, and assure him that I believe he would do far better than I had done if only he had had a blaster.

-Meanwhile, take the 10 on the perception check for a 22; in particular I am looking out for the authorities arriving and/or real medical help to heal my damage-

dndmaster
05-10-2008, 04:29 PM
Deacon will take 20 giving him a 27 on perception check. He then looks to the wound he has that seems to be bleeding pretty good and decides to have a seat and try to stop the bleeding by wrapping some of the clothing from the dead Gran around the wound on his arm.

GBVenkman
05-11-2008, 12:45 AM
Ogami takes 20 for a 27 on Perception with the force UTF

Roderz
05-11-2008, 10:57 AM
You notice that the staff manning the desks have returned to them and are now making attempts to process people again, however you notice that no-one has progressed past a desk since they re-started. In addition, the stewards are not letting anyone exit, though they are trying to do so in the most unintrusive way, casually steering people aside for quick chats. No-one has yet brought a conflict though.

Jayne merges back with the crowd as best as possible, slotting in between a family of Aleena and a Duros mechanic.

Tolin notices that the human appears to be finely dressed, but in fact most of the clothes are cheap knock-offs. A few items of clothing appear to have had insignia recently removed, but the shapes don't really mean anything to him. Tolin does all he can with the limited training he has had in first aid, and hopes medical staff arrive soon.

Deacon removes the yellow scarf from the Gran, using it to bind his wound. He notices a fresh tattoo on the neck of the Gran, looking to be a few days old. He also notices a tunic that appears to have the remnants of some embroidery, though it is now completely illegible, it is in the location where insignia and rank pins would be displayed.

No more than a minute since the last shot was fired, running footfalls are heard outside before a squad of Pellezara Peace Force arrive at the entrance. Led by a Duros whose uniform sets him apart as the leader, the squad includes another three Duros and a couple of humans, one dark skinned.

The leader immediately confers with a couple of the stewards who exchange some words and hand gestures, then turns and points out the felled individuals. A series of hand gestures, obviously describing a fight follow, before the steward points out in turn: a Pau'an Noble offering aid to a wounded human; a wounded Mon Cal; a human trying to tie a tourniquet clumsily; and a young human male waiting in line beside a human female. He then looks confused and speaks another few words to the leader.

The leader then turns and issues orders to his squad. A Duros immediately pulls out binders and moves to the three humans, covering them with his blaster.

Another Duros moves to the stricken Mon Calamari, "Can you walk sir?" The young Duros pipes up, "He sure can, and I can help. You should have seen him, he was like, POW! POW! AH! POW! POW!" The officer chuckles and pats the child on the head, "I'm sure it was amazing. Brav should be done helping the human over there soon, then he should be able to help you, and the Paramedics aren't far away. I know this might hurt, but I need to move you over here. The medics will be here soon and they'll be able to get to you much better over there anyway." The Duros motions toward another bench where those involved in the violence are being ushered. He then moves to help brace the Mon Calamari.

The dark skinned human moves to the human trying to tie his tourniquet, pulling out a medpac, "Sir, allow me to help you with that? There should be some Paramedics along shortly, but in the mean time..." He moves to aid Deacon.

One of the Duros moves to the Pau'an, covering the Gran with his blaster, "Are you a doctor sir? How is he?" Tolin then replies with a bad verdict, asking how long the paramedics will be. "Not too long sir. Would you please step aside for a moment to answer some questions? Just over there with my Sergeant if you please." He then pulls some binders and begins to apply them to the Gran.

The fair skinned human moves to the young human male, lowering his weapon, "Excuse me sir, ma'am. Would you both please step aside with me? We just need to ask you a few questions, just a formality. I hear you have a killer right hook kid, near enough broke that Gran's snout so the stewards said."

The leader speaks a few words into his commlink, then takes a moment to spy out the crowd, searching for an individual.
Squad Leader Perception
The leader then moves to the Rodian he was searching for, holstering his blaster, "Sir, I believe you were involved in the scuffle a few moments ago? Would you please step aside with me? We just need to straighten out a few things?"

A few sirens are switched off, then another is heard in the distance approaching, obviously the Paramedics approaching.

Inquisitor Tremayne
05-11-2008, 12:52 PM
Tolin will comply with the orders given and answer questions as best he can.

Toren Utgard
05-11-2008, 01:22 PM
Ana makes sure the people are calm before turning to the fair human. Ana answers the questions while carefully avoiding giving away that they are Padawans.

OOC: Deception Check?

kujester
05-11-2008, 01:32 PM
Ipsam: Also chuckling at the bravado of the young Duro, I thank the officer for his assistance and move towards the area requested. Having nothing to hide (at this point), I describe what happened without any on-purpose omissions (besides, I figure they may have holo-cams and would have been recording the incident).

russdm
05-11-2008, 06:02 PM
Jayne nods. "All right. I'll come."

Jayne keeps one hand on his blaster though. Just in case.

dndmaster
05-11-2008, 10:53 PM
Deacon removes the yellow scarf from the Gran, using it to bind his wound. He notices a fresh tattoo on the neck of the Gran, looking to be a few days old. He also notices a tunic that appears to have the remnants of some embroidery, though it is now completely illegible, it is in the location where insignia and rank pins would be displayed.
Putting away his blaster Deacon takes note of the tattoo while searching the body for anything else of value. Just as the dark-skinned human arrives and asks to help Deacon says, "Yes that will help quite a bit, I have lost a lot of blood from this Gran. He attacked me and I defended myself.

GBVenkman
05-11-2008, 10:56 PM
Ana makes sure the people are calm before turning to the fair human. Ana answers the questions while carefully avoiding giving away that they are Padawans.

OOC: Deception Check?


Ogami does the same.

Roderz
05-11-2008, 11:24 PM
OOC No need

The officers ask a few simple questions of each of you, such as where each of you came from, what prompted you to take action, and various other formalities. These are not very exhaustive or inquisitive queries however, and they do not test Ogami or Ana's cover story of travelling as students. During this time, as you are casually queried, you notice the following:

The Paramedics arrive outside and are soon busy at work. One takes a minute or so to examine Ipsam and Deacon, telling them they'll be fine before briefly conversing with the Sergeant and then attending to the casualties. A sheet is placed over the targeted human, indicating he has passed on.

Another individual, dressed casually but with a PPF Badge pinned to his chest strolls in swiftly. One of the officers directs him to the sheet. He lifts back the sheet, examining the man. He sags slightly with emotion. He then replaces the sheet and moves to the Sergeant to converse. Another squad of PPF arrive on the scene, a little more heavily armed than the first. They round up the humans and take them outside to waiting PPF Divvy Carts, locking them in the back.

The Sergeant and the plain clothes man approach the group. "My name is Hoole, Inspector Hoole. I thank you very much for what you have done here. I must ask though that you accompany us to the barracks. You're not under arrest, these people who attacked are known to us, and I have no doubt about what has gone on here, as well as what would have happened had you not intervened. But there are things that must be discussed elsewhere from here. Please hand your weapons to the Officers, they will of course be returned to you."

OOC The Jedi may choose to conceal their weapons about themselves or nearby, hand them over publicly, or sneakily hand them over to Hoole himself. I leave that up to you.

You are led out to where several PPF Divvy Carts are parked and ushered into the rear of one. The Officer does not lock the compartment however.

The Divvy Carts proceed to the barracks, where each of you are led to a waiting area. C8 has a restraining bolt placed upon him and is left outside the waiting area. The barracks itself is not the cleanest station any of you have seen, but it's not the worst. Some of the seats are soiled, but there is fresh, clean water provided. The waiting area is quite ominous however, with one, barred entryway, which is locked as you are all placed inside.

OOC You are now all in one place and may introduce yourselves, how you appear, current events, etc.

dndmaster
05-12-2008, 06:39 AM
Still reeling from the pain and wonder of killing someone for the first time. Deacon sits there quiet for some time before looking to the others sitting there and says to the person this all seemed about to happen too, "Why were those humans and Gran after you? I hope that I helped some, they didn't look like they were going to be too nice to you."

kujester
05-12-2008, 08:16 AM
Ipsam: Following along to the barracks, Ipsam hands over the blaster with no argument. Before sitting, he picks up a glass of water and pours it out over his head with a sigh of relief.

"Sorry - the stress has been drying me out. Needed some moisture."

During the intro period, if anyone asks, Ipsam says in a deep-throated Mon Cal way:

"I used to work in the shipyards orbiting Dac as a mechanic. I really liked it, but recently it became time for me to move on ..."

For those of you who are slightly more perceptive, Ipsam is holding back a little but doesn't seem fully interested in talking any more about it. Otherwise, Ipsam sits back and listens instead of trying to get info out of anyone else.

Roderz
05-12-2008, 09:22 AM
Only Player Characters are present. None were specifically targeted before shooting began, all were retaliated against when they attempted to protect an NPC.

Check the Character Thread for more info about one another. If you feel your character would be particularly sharing, you can post your histories either here or under the Character Thread. You may be here a while. Indeed, players who are going to be AWOL for a while will probably be taken away for questioning.

Inquisitor Tremayne
05-12-2008, 09:44 AM
Tolin stands about 2 meters tall, he is bald and has gray, wrinkled skin. His sunken eyes and sharp teeth gives him a slightly monstrous appearance. He wears close fitting fine robes with a blaster at his side and a highly polished R2 unit as his companion.

You find he is VERY inquisitive and friendly despite his appearance. He asks the following questions of everyone and seems to hang on each person's every word.

What is your name? Where are you from? What brings you to this planet? How old are you? What is your species like? What is your family like?

Tolin keeps it general for now and does not press for further information.

russdm
05-12-2008, 10:37 AM
Jayne hands over his blaster to the officers while making sure to remind them he would like it back.

After being lead into the holding area, Jayne moves agaisnt the wall where he can see everyone. (able to keep an eye on people)

For the other playes: A tall rodian stands agaisnt a wall. He wears fairly simple clothing with a empty holster on his hip.(like how han carried his) His clothes have alot of pockets and seem to have something in them. He carries a small carryall on his back. He holds it with a sortof clench. He eyes each of you suspiciously and his eyes dart around to look at each of you. He pays special attention to the ones who fought with fists (unarmed). He appears to be very nervous.

The rodian carefully introduces himself while keeping watchful. "I'm Jayne. From Nar Shaddaa. Why I am here is my own business. I don't have family. I'm 17. Rodians like violence. Me, I prefer staying out of sight." (In answer to Tolin's questions) Jayne keeps up his watchfulness of the others.

GBVenkman
05-13-2008, 12:01 AM
Ogami chooses to not mention his hidden light saber in his bag. It would be foolish to reveal such a thing among such strangers, some who may be looking for their first bounty.

He is pleased with his first encounter, yet unhappy about the attention. And now to another public place.. With the law. No good. Too much bounty hunter slime in such places. Just waiting for the next bounty to be posted.

He nods mostly in affirmation to orders given and doesn't talk much.

"I am Karte. I am not from here and I don't plan on staying. I have no family, but travel with Ana. I doubt the role of man kind of late needs much introduction."

dndmaster
05-13-2008, 06:33 AM
Sitting back listening to the others Deacon takes it all in. Having not gotten an answer yet from the person he addressed he decides to ass some information about himself.

"I am Deacon, and have just left home looking for work. My father just dropped me off before all this happened. I am 20 years old and have a few experiances, mostly on my home planet of Duros."

Roderz
05-13-2008, 08:03 AM
OOC dndmaster, I'm not sure who you're talking about. The thugs were targeting a human who you last saw having a sheet draped over his corpse. All those around you are player characters who merely reacted to the event. None of them were targeted before they attempted to step in.

Ogami will need to take a Stealth Check to conceal the weapon, as will Ana if she also chooses to conceal her blade. This obviously would have happened some time ago. You can take 10, but not 20.

The waiting room is unusual. It seems as if the designer couldn't decide if it was a cell or a lounge. There is ratty carpet, several heavy plastic benches bolted to the floor, but also a few more comfortable chairs. Nothing is overly clean, but nor is it filthy.

After a while an officer arrives bearing refreshments, including a few non-narcotic drinks, a large pitcher of water and cloth, some small snacks, a few small live larvae (such as those that might be enjoyed by Pau'an) and some pastries.

OOC After about an hour or so, medical staff will arrive to take Ipsam and Deacon away for treatment. Until then, players can post whatever their characters would have to say.

Inquisitor Tremayne
05-13-2008, 09:08 AM
Tolin is grateful for the tasty treats!

In the meantime he makes every effort to make small talk...

So, looks like we got to bypass those long lines, eh?

What do you think those guys wanted with that human?

etc...

russdm
05-13-2008, 10:01 AM
Jayne shruggs his shoulders, "Most likely credits. Or blood."

kujester
05-13-2008, 10:17 AM
Ipsam:

"Bypassed lines, yes... For a waiting room. I guess a chair beats standing up though and I have nowhere to be. By the way, I'm Ipsam ... "

*insert friendly hello, nice weather small talk here*

OOC: Ipsam is pretty free with any of the information in the character thread but mostly talks about how his mechanics background. If anyone starts that discussion, he starts a long (to the point of obnoxious) discussion on hyperdrives and the different models available.

russdm
05-13-2008, 11:34 AM
Jayne engages in a discussion about hyperdrives with Ipsam, since he loves things of a technical nature.

GBVenkman
05-13-2008, 03:02 PM
Stealth Check to conceal light saber(better use a force point on this one)

GBVenkman
05-13-2008, 06:06 PM
OOC dndmaster, I'm not sure who you're talking about. The thugs were targeting a human who you last saw having a sheet draped over his corpse. All those around you are player characters who merely reacted to the event. None of them were targeted before they attempted to step in.

Ogami will need to take a Stealth Check to conceal the weapon, as will Ana if she also chooses to conceal her blade. This obviously would have happened some time ago. You can take 10, but not 20.

The waiting room is unusual. It seems as if the designer couldn't decide if it was a cell or a lounge. There is ratty carpet, several heavy plastic benches bolted to the floor, but also a few more comfortable chairs. Nothing is overly clean, but nor is it filthy.

After a while an officer arrives bearing refreshments, including a few non-narcotic drinks, a large pitcher of water and cloth, some small snacks, a few small live larvae (such as those that might be enjoyed by Pau'an) and some pastries.

OOC After about an hour or so, medical staff will arrive to take Ipsam and Deacon away for treatment. Until then, players can post whatever their characters would have to say.

Ohh:
Ogami chooses not to eat or drink; after a while listening to the talk of drivers, he rests his head back and closes his eyes (entering a force trance).

ooc I'd also "search my feelings" about entering captivity:
UtF Search Feelings

dndmaster
05-13-2008, 08:08 PM
OOC dndmaster, I'm not sure who you're talking about. The thugs were targeting a human who you last saw having a sheet draped over his corpse. All those around you are player characters who merely reacted to the event. None of them were targeted before they attempted to step in.

Sorry I was mistaken well that rests easier with me then. Think I said my peace.

When the medics arrive Deacon show them the wounded shoulder and tells them how much it is hurting.

Toren Utgard
05-13-2008, 08:36 PM
Ana sits next to her companion and does not talk as she is not the most talkative girl. Her stance is meditative and she hears the other conversations but adds nothing, prefering silence to talk. She is not in a force trance merely thinking and listening.

Stealth plus a force point used

Roderz
05-14-2008, 06:34 PM
Previously: As each of you hands over your weapons you are briefly patted down by an officer.

Officer Perception -2 for unfavourable (Quick & Inattentive) 1 roll for both Jedi

Ogami takes a moment to meditate on the outcome of current events, being taken away to captivity, but he is unable to get much of a strong feeling either way.

OOC DC15 for Search Feelings, so you failed.

Roderz
05-14-2008, 06:50 PM
Unfortunately, despite having the briefest of pat-downs, you've attracted the most perceptive officer of the PPF. Noticing a item on each of you in the most common of hiding places, he reaches in and pulls out a lightsaber hilt from each of you in turn. He then summons Inspector Hoole.

Hoole comes over and looks at the hilts. "Are they what I think they are?" He gives each of you a probing look and then sweeps his eyes from head to toe, as if examining you. "I think I know what's going on here. Been underground right? Heat's getting too hot? Whoever kept you hidden did a pretty good job for so long.

"I can't let you hold on to these now, but I'll be able to return them later. They're safe with me, and you're lucky it was Daviel who found them." The officer nods. "Stay undercover. Don't mention anything about this to anyone. They have sympathisers here, and I'm sure agents as well. It's only because we're not very important here that they haven't stepped in yet. But they will.

"Go with the others. You'll be safer at the barracks and there are fewer unknowns there as well." Hoole pockets the hilts hidden away inside his jacket. He then proclaims a little louder than before, "HA HA HA! Trying to bribe an officer huh? Daviel's too straight for that, you're lucky that I was here to take your money and then lock you up anyway."

Events proceed as stated.

Toren Utgard
05-15-2008, 06:15 PM
Ana feels a bit uneasy at the loss of her lightsaber but covers her emotions and resumes her meditative state.

Before she returns to her resting state she glances at Ogami.

Roderz
05-16-2008, 12:33 AM
OOC Everyone earns 200xp for their role in the 'skirmish'. I've chucked in a bit extra because you managed to save the majority of perps for questioning.

The medical staff have now taken away Deacon and Ipsam.

After a few hours, Officer Daviel comes to the waiting room. "Sorry you've had to wait so long. No matter where you go or what you do, there's always red tape and paperwork.

"Inspector Hoole wants to see each of you separately before seeing you all as a group. He'd like to speak to Master Aldon first. Please follow me sir."

As you leave the room, the officer produces a droid controller, releasing C8 from lockdown, allowing him to trundle along with you.

You are taken to what must be Inspector Hoole's office. Daviel shows you in, but he returns to his desk rather than enter. As you enter you see him closing a file, the top sheet being a large mugshot of one of the Gran you fought with. He places the file in a drawer in his desk. As you look around the office you notice that it is very cluttered, the walls covered with several "wanted" holos, profiles, reports and even some schematics. The mess continues onto his desk, forming into piles aside from a small work area. He tidies his desk with a practiced move of moving the piles to a dust free area against one wall.

OOC Take a perception check.

Inspector Hoole is a dark skinned human. He appears to be of middle age, with some lining of his features. His general demeanor is quite alert, and he appears to have very intense eyes.

At first he just makes small talk, confirms the details you've given earlier.

He then asks more specific questions. "Why did you get involved at all? You didn't know what was going on, so why did you even draw your pistol at all?"

After answering this question, he begins to ask obscure questions, not related to the events at all. You realise that these are questions designed to assess your personality. Someone, either Hoole or an observer, is profiling you.

OOC Everyone will basically be going through this process, so you should all answer the "Why" question.

Toren Utgard
05-16-2008, 07:30 AM
Ana responds first in a clear voice, "I felt that the crowd of innocents was likely to be harmed and felt therefore obligated to assist in ending the fight before anyone got hurt." She gazes around the inspectors room as she awaits the other mans response.

perception check

Inquisitor Tremayne
05-16-2008, 10:03 AM
Perception check

I got involved because it seemed these thugs were attempting to attack a seemingly helpless person. While it may not have made much sense tactically I was willing to risk my life to try to save this person.

Can you tell me who that person was and why they were attacked?

russdm
05-16-2008, 06:31 PM
Jayne answers truthfully. "I got involved because there seemed to be a profit in it. I didn't know if it was a diversion to get someone close to me, so I had to take my chances."

Jayne takes the time to look around at each of the "wanted" items. He searching for himself or somebody he knows.

OOC: Jayne's Perception is +0, so taking 20 would be 20 for looking at the "wanted" stuff.

kujester
05-17-2008, 06:56 PM
OOC: Not sure if you wanted the two of us who are in going for treatment to respond, but I will anyway just in case. This is probably my last post for a couple of weeks.

Ipsam: "I really have no idea why I jumped in. I guess it could be because the last time I was in a situation at all like that, I didn't do anything and it has cost me dearly. Seemed like a good idea to take a different approach for once and be a more active participant in my life."

The googly eyes are doing their thing

GBVenkman
05-18-2008, 07:46 PM
*Ogami shrugs at the glance of Ana once the saber is gone*

"What would you have done if put in the same situation. Seemed the natural course of action."

*As he's interviewed, he makes glances when he can at the wanted posters, keeping an eye out for any Imperial related commissions*Perception

Roderz
05-26-2008, 08:58 AM
To Tolin: "I can, but I'll save that for later. That he was attacked means I'm up against more than I realised." He then moves on to asking a few other questions, before finally reaching the end of his questions and calling for Officer Daviel. "I'll speak to each of you alone, and then I'll speak to you all together. Hopefully this won't take too long." Officer Daviel then takes you and C8 back to the waiting room and collects Jayne.

When Jayne arrives in Hoole's office he is much more prepared, sitting waiting patiently. He then subjects Jayne to the same round of questioning. After asking why he got involved and hearing Jayne's answer ("I got involved because there seemed to be a profit in it. I didn't know if it was a diversion to get someone close to me, so I had to take my chances."), he replies, "Well I don't know what profit you're talking about. The only ones to profit from this are sitting in my cells recovering their wits. You seem to have a pretty high opinion of yourself. I can tell you that we certainly didn't know anything about you before you got here, so if you've got people to fear, it wasn't and still isn't us. The man killed was certainly no decoy or distraction, though he certainly could have used one." Hoole then finishes up with Jayne, who is then returned to the waiting room and swapped for Ogami.

Roderz
05-27-2008, 01:10 AM
Next up, Ogami is brought into Hoole's office. On the way to his chair, Ogami checks the walls for anything Imperial related, though nothing immediately displays the signs of being Imperial. He does however notice a chart showing individuals in a sort of tree hierarchy, but what draws his attention is the fact that there are two Gran and three Humans, with one of each crossed out. The chart all leads back to one blank spot, and another underneath it, though this one is circled.

He is prevented from studying it by Hoole's presence. "I think I know who you are in a general sense. Your papers say you were heading away from the Core. A good idea, since I'm sure it won't be long before the Imperials sink their hooks into Duro. I'd like to ask you a few things though..." He then launches into a similar round of questioning, all aimed at assessing Ogami's personality. He offhandedly asks why Ogami got involved, seemingly expecting a particular answer, ("What would you have done if put in the same situation. Seemed the natural course of action."). He wryly replies, "Well, those of us whose job it is to intervene in such things do not shirk do we?" He then ushers Ogami out to Daviel, saying, "Your weapon will be returned to you soon, along with everyone else's."

Ana is then brought in to see Hoole.

GBVenkman
05-30-2008, 05:01 AM
*Ogami is pleased to see this may all be over soon. He peers around at the halls, taking note of who walks by. He is at top alert. After all, things often happen when there is a calm.*

Roderz
05-30-2008, 10:02 PM
On Ana's way into Hoole's office she also notices the chart that grabbed Ogami's attention, but she also notices a small note beside what appears to be the head honcho "Ambassador?"

"As I said to your companion, I think I know who you are in a general sense. I'm sure it won't be long before the Imperials sink their hooks into Duro. I'd like to ask you a few things though..." He then launches into a similar round of questioning, all aimed at assessing Ana's personality. He offhandedly asks why Ana got involved, seemingly expecting a particular answer, ("I felt that the crowd of innocents was likely to be harmed and felt therefore obligated to assist in ending the fight before anyone got hurt."). He nods, seeming very satisfied and yet a little taken aback, "That's extremely selfless of you, especially for someone in your situation." He then ushers Ana out to Daviel, saying, "Your weapon will be returned to you soon, along with everyone else's."

OOC A doctor will be performing aid on the two injured and they will then be returned to the others. I should be posting again within about 8 hours.

Roderz
06-01-2008, 08:24 AM
Ipsam and Deacon are treated by Dr Bringe.

Dr Bringe performs First Aid on Ipsam
Dr Bringe performs First Aid on Deacon

They are then returned to the Barracks and Hoole sees each of them individually.

Ipsam is up first, "I cannot begin to thank you enough for putting yourself in danger." He then launches into a round of questioning, all aimed at assessing Ipsam's personality. He asks why Ipsam got involved, ("I really have no idea why I jumped in. I guess it could be because the last time I was in a situation at all like that, I didn't do anything and it has cost me dearly. Seemed like a good idea to take a different approach for once and be a more active participant in my life."). "Well you certainly did that. I hope you're not put off acting in the future, considering this time things didn't go as well as I'm sure you'd hoped." He then ushers Ipsam out to Daviel, saying, "I've got one more to see then I'll see you all together and this should all be over."

Deacon enters the office, "I cannot begin to thank you enough for putting yourself in danger." He then launches into a round of questioning, all aimed at assessing Deacon's personality. Seemingly satisfied, he leads Deacon out to Daviel, saying, "I'll see you all together now."

Officer Daviel, please take Mr. Ipsam and Mr. Kaldor to conference room 2. I'll collect the others and meet you there.

Roderz
06-01-2008, 08:36 AM
OOC Looks like Bringe brought his A-game for Ipsam, then threw a bandage at Deacon from across the room.

Officer Daviel leads Ipsam and Deacon to the designated room. Conference room 2 contains a round table with twelve places. Two stacks of files are placed in front of two seats, while four of the other seats have stripped blaster pistols with detached power packs. Ipsam and Deacon take the seats indicated by Daviel, recognising their weapons.

Hoole opens the waiting room door, "This way please." Tolin leads his droid outside, past Hoole, and the droid is followed by Jayne. Hoole quickly steps in front of Ogami and Ana, holding out their Lightsabers, and speaks quickly, "They don't know, it's up to you." He then stands aside for them to leave.

He leads them to the conference room where they take their seats. He then sits at his own seat beside Officer Daviel.

"I'm sure you've all been wondering what I've been doing, asking you these strange questions that don't relate to the incident at all. I've been assessing you, to see if you are capable, and if I can trust you. I'll start from the beginning though...

"Forgive my ramblings but I've got a lot to tell you. My full title is Special Investigator Armon Hoole. I don't work for a particular department and my status within the HPF is tenuous, allowing my superiors some plausible deniability. I also try to work through agents wherever I can. In short, I deal with the problems that are difficult to deal with under the normal procedures. However, even I have problems that are difficult to deal with. I've come up against something that I and none of my agents are able to deal with in the short term.

"Some background for you, Pellezara has been rebuilding at a rapid pace, so rapid that it's created a lot of problems. If you'd had a chance to walk around, you'd soon see the vagrants, gangs and impoverished we've produced. Some areas of this station were finished construction a little over 12 months ago, though if you walked through them you'd say they've been neglected for over ten years. A combination of vandalism, disrepair and theft has devastated them. The simple fact is, Pellezara is being built beyond requirements and we simply don't have the population up here to utilise the area that's been completed.

"To top it off, some bright spark decided to designate a whole heap of consulates. The problem being that they weren't being used, and the laws and ordinances governing them are already in place and very strict. HPF can't set foot on deck in some places. We'd chase a couple of gangers into one and have to let them go. We've managed to tie most of them up, though there are a few still being closed as we speak. There is one that is causing us major problems.

"About months ago we started receiving a few scattered missing persons reports. Nothing unusual about that. Turned out there was a pattern. I'm sure we lost more people in those first few months than we'll ever know about. We've got slavers on Pellezara, I'm sure of it. Everything I have indicates that they're operating out of a consulate, and the HPF can't do a thing about it. My agents are too few and too busy to put this down. I also have my suspicions that I might be compromised.

"The man killed today was my wife's brother, been with HPF as long as I have. He was returning from holiday and he was going to be leading on this one, off the books. They obviously have some way of getting info. As the icing on the crap cake here, over the last couple of weeks, about two dozen children have gone missing and I suspect they've been taken by these slavers. If we don't act, they'll be gone.

"You each had your own reasons for acting today, and you all had places to be. I'm asking for your help. You will be compensated. What do you say?"

Toren Utgard
06-01-2008, 04:33 PM
Ana gives a glance at Ogami. She decides that is part of her job as a Jedi to defend the weak and to have slavers taking children is going much to far. She speaks up stating her willingness to assist in this investigation.

kujester
06-01-2008, 05:47 PM
Ipsam: "Special Investigator Hoole... What happened today in the queue was very unusual and I am not sure how much use to you I would be. I guess I can help out if there is something... Technical you need done. Regardless, I'm in and will do the best I can."

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-01-2008, 06:48 PM
Tolin speaks up, "I will of course help in anyway that I can. Slavery benefits none and should be stopped."

"Now. Any further deatils of the mission you can provide will be of considerable help. You mentioned you think they might be working with a consolate? Any way for us to get in there? Do you have access to a schematic of the consolate layout? Or do you have an names we can shake down? Or do you have anywhere else you think we should start?"

dndmaster
06-01-2008, 07:50 PM
"I would like to thank you for your kindness in taking care of my wounds. I did thank the medic ofcourse but, I am sure it could have been different if the circumstances were different. As for this mission you speak of.... I do not have any other plans, I am out for exploration so this will be good for me. I willingly accept the offer. As Deacon does he looks to the others and smiles seeming to have some friends now....he hopes!

GBVenkman
06-01-2008, 08:42 PM
Ana gives a glance at Ogami. She decides that is part of her job as a Jedi to defend the weak and to have slavers taking children is going much to far. She speaks up stating her willingness to assist in this investigation.


*Ogami Nods back at Ana*

"I am at your service. I hope we can all resolve this matter quickly and effectively. Like I said before, I'm new to this station, so some time may be need just to become familiar with the station. I also trust that we've been spotted by possible enemies, so we all should watch each other's backs."

Roderz
06-02-2008, 12:06 AM
"Ipsam, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that you never know what kind of skills are going to come in handy. I'm sure you'll have something to contribute."

"The consulate... Daviel?" Officer Daviel hands around several simplistic hardcopy maps, showing several landmarks, including the barracks they sit in. A hand-drawn red mark shows the location of the consulate. "It's in a very disused sector, very little traffic. We've seen drunks walk past unaccosted, but they post guards and they are alert. We haven't been able to obtain schematics due to the regulations, but the company that fit-out that consulate is believed to be BCD Eng. Corp. Also, lately a lot of the missing person reports reference the Drowning Riknit in the Eighth Sector, so I'd give that a look. There's also a fancy party tomorrow night. Doesn't seem like the kind of place you'd expect info, but I can tell you we've picked up more than one lead from high-class idle gossip."

"My objectives, and therefore yours are 1. rescue those children before they get shipped off, 2. shut down these slavers, and 3. dissolve the consulate in a legal way to free up the HPF.
"It's true you should watch your backs, but I'd have told you that anyway. We've done our best to distance ourselves from you. In a few hours an attorney will arrive demanding your release from our custody unless we charge you."

kujester
06-02-2008, 12:41 PM
"Ipsam, if there's one thing I've learned, it's that you never know what kind of skills are going to come in handy. I'm sure you'll have something to contribute."

"The consulate... Daviel?" Officer Daviel hands around several simplistic hardcopy maps, showing several landmarks, including the barracks they sit in. A hand-drawn red mark shows the location of the consulate. "It's in a very disused sector, very little traffic. We've seen drunks walk past unaccosted, but they post guards and they are alert. We haven't been able to obtain schematics due to the regulations, but the company that fit-out that consulate is believed to be BCD Eng. Corp. Also, lately a lot of the missing person reports reference the Drowning Riknit in the Eighth Sector, so I'd give that a look. There's also a fancy party tomorrow night. Doesn't seem like the kind of place you'd expect info, but I can tell you we've picked up more than one lead from high-class idle gossip."

"My objectives, and therefore yours are 1. rescue those children before they get shipped off, 2. shut down these slavers, and 3. dissolve the consulate in a legal way to free up the HPF.
"It's true you should watch your backs, but I'd have told you that anyway. We've done our best to distance ourselves from you. In a few hours an attorney will arrive demanding your release from our custody unless we charge you."

Ipsam: "It seems like information gathering is the most important thing at the moment ... Considering it looks like we all have different experiences, I might recommend splitting up to take a look at different leads and compare notes. I volunteer to check out BCD Engineering ..."

OOC - If the idea seems to fly, I would give out my comlink frequency so that I can be contacted by party members.

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-02-2008, 01:43 PM
After some consideration and being noticeably quiet, Tolin speaks up, "Given that we have just met I think it would be a wiser tactical move to stay together instead of splitting up. At least until we know and are comfortable with each others strengths and weaknesses."

"Inspector Hoole, is this fancy party AT the consulate? If so, how do we get invited? Also, if the party IS at the consulate our first move should be to follow up on the other leads, primarily check out the Drowning Riknit."

"Hopefully from the Drowning Riknit we can gather some information that will make us aware of what to look for at the party. Also, if the party is a "big to-do" then the heads of BCD Engineering Corp will probably be there. Allowing us the opportunity to watch them and decide if infiltrating BCD would be necessary."

"So might I suggest that part one of the mission be information gathering at the Drowning Riknit. Part two be recon the consulate and BCD Engineering Corp. Part 3 Attend the party and gather information. A secondary objective of part 3 should be a team of 2 splits off from the party and investigates the consulate's compound. Any subsequent parts depend on the information that we gather from the party."

"Anyone else have any suggestions?"

russdm
06-02-2008, 05:35 PM
Jayne spoke up at this point. "If you can get me to a computer terminal I can try hacking the system. I happen to rather good at it. (Looking towards Inspector Hoole) I'm sure you have heard of me, after all. (Looking at the others)If we need to sneak in, I got those skills available and I can open locked doors too."

Jayne folded his arms across his chest, eager to do some crime.

kujester
06-03-2008, 08:52 AM
Ipsam: "I am by no means a tactical genius... I was just thinking that it might be strange for such a large group to travel together... Especially to the party, unless we have some sort of excuse. Starting at the Drowning Riknit probably wouldn't hurt though."

"When we get to BCD, I was thinking that perhaps I could apply for a job there to see if I can get in and find some information. It would be an easy connection as I am more than qualified. If we are doing that, I probably should send application materials in sooner than later - it may take some time."

Roderz
06-03-2008, 08:54 AM
"Sorry, I don't think I've made it clear. The consulate has no emissary, no ambassador, no diplomats. It is a complex that was built and then never occupied. That is, until these slavers moved in.

"The party is at the Pellezara Peregrine Pidle. I can probably obtain a couple of invitations, though attendees will need to dress and act the part."

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-03-2008, 09:26 AM
Ipsam: "I am by no means a tactical genius... I was just thinking that it might be strange for such a large group to travel together... Especially to the party, unless we have some sort of excuse. Starting at the Drowning Riknit probably wouldn't hurt though."

"Tactics are my forte. As far as genius goes, well I'll leave that up to you guys to decide.;)"


"When we get to BCD, I was thinking that perhaps I could apply for a job there to see if I can get in and find some information. It would be an easy connection as I am more than qualified. If we are doing that, I probably should send application materials in sooner than later - it may take some time."

"This option may take longer than we have time for. For this tactic to work you first need to get called in for an interview."


"Sorry, I don't think I've made it clear. The consulate has no emissary, no ambassador, no diplomats. It is a complex that was built and then never occupied. That is, until these slavers moved in.

"The party is at the Pellezara Peregrine Pidle. I can probably obtain a couple of invitations, though attendees will need to dress and act the part."

"Hmm... if this is the case then, we need to recon the area and get as much information as possible, then infiltrate the consulate. Recon should involve asking around the Drowning Riknit, attending the party and gathering information there, watching movements in and out of the consulate. Then examine our information and make our move to infiltrate the it. Primary objective rescue the children, secondary is to disband the slaving operation. Off the top of my head I know we are going to need a passenger speeder to evacuate the children and ourselves."

"Inspector Hoole, how do you want us to disband these slavers, legally? Arrest them?"

russdm
06-03-2008, 10:14 PM
Jayne glannced at the others. "I can play the part of a criminal quite well, considering I am one."

kujester
06-04-2008, 08:05 AM
Ipsam: Well, I am open to pretty much anything - just lead the way. Jayne.... I am not sure of exactly what you are getting at. I think your skills would be pretty useful... But I don't want to be a criminal.

Roderz
06-04-2008, 08:09 AM
"Any means necessary. HPF can't legally care what goes on in that consulate. The only people who can take issue are the Kel Dor people. As far as I can tell, they don't even know they have a consulate here, but that is beyond my department. I can't get a straight answer from anyone about that though."

"The HPF can't turn a complete blind eye to your activities, and I won't be able to intervene with them after this. But, if and when you are successful, I should be able to smooth over any actions necessarily connected to your endeavours."

dndmaster
06-06-2008, 08:05 AM
Deacon speaks out, "I can be of some assistance with gaining entery into places, my mom always said I could get myself into anything. Not sure what she meant by that. But, I am pretty stealthy nonetheless."

GBVenkman
06-08-2008, 12:31 AM
Ogami listens to all..

"is this party upscale? Looks like we may need to do some shopping..."

kujester
06-08-2008, 01:30 PM
Ipsam: Or at least a couple of us need to go shopping. How many tickets is a couple in this case, 2? We can always find a vendor on the way back from the Drowning Ricknit that we could purchase some clothing.

dndmaster
06-08-2008, 03:51 PM
Looking to the others Deacon asks, "Are we going to split up later then?"

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-09-2008, 07:49 AM
"Any means necessary. HPF can't legally care what goes on in that consulate. The only people who can take issue are the Kel Dor people. As far as I can tell, they don't even know they have a consulate here, but that is beyond my department. I can't get a straight answer from anyone about that though."

"The HPF can't turn a complete blind eye to your activities, and I won't be able to intervene with them after this. But, if and when you are successful, I should be able to smooth over any actions necessarily connected to your endeavours."

Tolin responds to everyone's questions:

"Very well then. If you can get us tickets or passes into this party that would be great. We will deal with the slavers!"


Deacon speaks out, "I can be of some assistance with gaining entery into places, my mom always said I could get myself into anything. Not sure what she meant by that. But, I am pretty stealthy nonetheless."

"Very good. It appears we have a strong group of different skills. This is good. We should be able to adapt to most situations."


Ogami listens to all..

"is this party upscale? Looks like we may need to do some shopping..."

"We may need access to more credits as well." Tolin looks at Inspector Hoole.



Looking to the others Deacon asks, "Are we going to split up later then?"

I suggest we do not. Only in the case if we are only able to get 2 tickets then yes, 2 of us join the party while the rest infiltrate or run recon.

Roderz
06-11-2008, 08:34 AM
"I can give you 2,000 credits now. I can get you a limited amount in the meantime, then when you are successful, a significant amount more. If you run low, call the Andar Kielle Equity Collective and ask for Kitan."

"Two tickets is all I can swing I'm afraid. I don't have a lot of influence with the affluent unfortunately. The tickets are unconnected though. You may also be able to negotiate to bring along a bodyguard or some such."

dndmaster
06-11-2008, 09:02 AM
Deacon:
"Well sounds like we may have to split up after all. Now unless my eyes have deceived me I would say that Ogami and Ana know eachother somehow. I think it would be a great idea if they were to goto the party together. While perhaps Jayne and I infiltrate the consulate. Anyone else have anything to add or ideas?"

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-11-2008, 11:04 AM
"Yes, I have something else to add. I suggest we ALL survey the area around the consulate tonight. Tomorrow night myself and one other, Ogami or Ana, attend the party, while Jayne and Deacon plus Ogami or Ana, whichever one does not attend the party, gather information at the Drunken Riknit.

THEN after the party we will all convene on the consulate and compare notes and more than likely infiltrate the consulate.

My concern is that IF they are using the consulate as a base of operations it would be suicide to send in only 2 people.

Any other suggestions?"

kujester
06-11-2008, 03:04 PM
Ipsam: (insert a low, fishy, sigh here) "Is there anything you would want me to do during this process? I am more than happy to just relax, but I am not sure that's to our overall benefit. I do agree that we should all do some scouting."

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-11-2008, 05:13 PM
Ipsam: (insert a low, fishy, sigh here) "Is there anything you would want me to do during this process? I am more than happy to just relax, but I am not sure that's to our overall benefit. I do agree that we should all do some scouting."

"my apologies Ipsam, you should definitely lead up the scouting team and put those skills to good use! ;)"

Roderz
06-12-2008, 09:01 AM
"Well if that's all..." Inspector Hoole stands, indicating to you that it's time to leave. "I'll have the two tickets delivered to you by tonight. The party is tomorrow night."

Hoole sets you all loose with all your possessions and credits.

What's your move/s?

kujester
06-13-2008, 08:16 AM
Ipsam:

"Thank you for your time, Inspector Hoole. This opportunity is very unique and I hope we don't let you down."

Actions: My assumption is that we're going to go over and do some scouting near the consulate and see who goes in and out. I am going to take my perception roll for looking around, plus I would like to discreetly check around with Gather Info (this would include in the station computers if necessary, I will add a Use computer check to the list, so that all the bases are covered).

Gather Information on the Consulate
Use Computer
Perception on checking out the Consulate

OOC: I wasn't sure, but wanted to confirm - the 2000 credits is split evenly amongst us, correct? Or do we need a "party fund" somewhere?

kujester
06-13-2008, 08:17 AM
Force Point being used on my Perception Check (4 FP Remaining):

Force Point, add to previous perception

EDIT: Total is now 19 (hoping for that 20 - too bad ;))

Roderz
06-16-2008, 08:59 AM
OOC Okay, I see no reason why you can't go to observe the consulate as your first stop.

Accessing a public terminal, the six of you (+1 Droid) board a tram heading in the direction you are after. It's mostly clean. An elderly Duros sits up the front, staring at the bright scrolling advertisements. A young human female is ushering two small children, one a Rodian. A few others come and go during the trip. A few times you come to a terminal where you have to change trams. Eventually you board a run down tram, missing a few transparisteel panels. It barely arrives at the station, only the front couple of doors reaching the terminal and opening.

You're only a few corridors away from the consulate. Which you'll have to walk. All up the trip has taken you about half an hour. You haven't seen another person since boarding the last tram, and there certainly hasn't been anyone else walking down these corridors. Ipsam takes note of the surroundings, and comments that there doesn't seem to be much in the way of security at the moment. You all begin to realise that you might stick out a little bit as a group.

OOC How do you all want to proceed?

Roderz
06-18-2008, 02:21 AM
The corridors you've been walking down are about 4 metres wide, but this is not the main promenade to the consulate. The corridors are heavily reinforced, with bulky buttresses up against the wall. There's also a healthy smattering of discarded refuse and even the odd industrial container, about 2m square. You all approach the last corner before the consulate entry cautiously. Around this corner you will be able to see the entrance to the consulate, and the corridor will open up into the grand promenade, off which are several "grand" complexes, though the map on your datapad, downloaded from the public terminal, seems to be a bit out of date, as none of the businesses listed for this area appear to be in business there.

OOC Basically you've got a couple of options here. You don't all want to step forward as you are a large and conspicuous group. I would suggest a couple of you either attempt to sneak around and take a look, using Stealth, or a couple of you could pretend to be lost/drunk/homeless etc, using Deception. Either of these will allow you to take a look at the front of the place and see what kind of surveillance and/or defences are in place.

Deception: Tolin = +8 (However, as he is a noble it would take some kind of disguise for him to not look out of place), Jayne = +5

Stealth: Jayne = +7, Deacon = +7

You guys should all feel free to have a discussion either here or in another thread about how you want to do this. If we were gaming in person this would be easy, though PbP does make this more difficult/slower.

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-18-2008, 12:38 PM
"Well I think it is best that we split up for the time being, just in this area. However I suggest, if possible, to stay within 20-30 squares of each other."

Tolin then takes the time to disguise himself and his droid. Taking 10 will give him and the droid an 18 for a disguise check. Disguising the droid to look battered and well-used.

"Jayne and I will "bum around" and scope out the place. Deacon, you should try to sneak around and see what you can see. Ogami and Ana, stay here and cover our backs.

Sound like a plan to everyone?"

dndmaster
06-18-2008, 02:30 PM
"That sounds like a good idea, I was not liking the prospect of all of us walking around and being noticed. stealth check I will scout about and see what I can find out to the left side." With that deacon finds some shadows and quickly disappears.

Roderz
06-20-2008, 07:33 PM
Tolin takes a minute to disguise himself by picking up various refuse and rubbing into his clothes, making a few tears and also walking with a slight limp. He has C8 extend a few tools and open panels as if they're inoperative. After a couple of minutes he's ready.

He then steps around the corner, allowing Deacon a bit of a distraction to disappear behind the crates and into the shadows.

You quickly notice the three thugs standing guard at what must be the entrance to the consulate. The thugs take a moment to look up, not immediately, but eventually. They take a Perception Check -1 Skill -2 Circumstance to notice both Deacon sneaking and Tolin's disguise.

OOC Deacon vs 11, Tolin/C8 vs 18. Anyone who has success takes a Perception Check, Deacon will have a +2 as he can concentrate on looking around from the shadows, while Tolin has to maintain his deception.

Roderz
06-20-2008, 07:37 PM
The thugs notice Deacon skulking in the shadows, "Hey you, "velo-pig", frak off!" One of them shouts. They all tense as if ready for action, though they do not move to intercept Deacon.

OOC What does Deacon do? Are you sure you're ready to assault this place at this stage?

kujester
06-22-2008, 12:40 PM
Not being very good at either deception or stealth... Ipsam just keeps an eye on things from the passageway to make sure that he can support anyone who might need assistance from sudden trouble.

Ipsam plays the lookout

dndmaster
06-23-2008, 03:02 AM
As deacon moves to the shadows perceptionhe sees and hears that the guards are able to see him. Unsure about what he should do at first he decides to play it off grabbing something on the ground that could be played off for an animal from a distance. Not looking to the guards he says as he rubs the stuff, "there you are hector, I've been looking all over the place for you. Now don't you go running off again."

Roderz
06-23-2008, 11:05 PM
Deacon attempts to Deceive the thugs into thinking he is supposed to be there Deception Check + Skill Mod

Edit: And fails to convince them. "We said Frak off, 'Schutta'! Go collect garbage someplace else or we'll show you just how bad life can be!" The one speaking gestures for Deacon to leave with his Blaster Pistol.

Meanwhile, Tolin has a look around, trying to take in as much detail as possible.

dndmaster
06-24-2008, 12:49 AM
Deacon decides to leave the areaand head back to the others before getting in too much trouble. "I seen a few thugs and they spotted me right away. they have a good watch going on."
ooc: is it night time?

Roderz
06-24-2008, 06:54 AM
Deacon checks his chrono. Mid afternoon. Though from what he's heard, Pellezara doesn't exactly 'sleep' the way most places do.

Observing the exchange with Deacon, then making sure he slipped safely away, Tolin takes the chance to have a good look around. He moves with a pronounced limp, and acts as timid and meek as possible. C8 follows behind him, also moving with a stutter, and several mechanical, straining whines.

Tolin: Perception Check + Skill Mod

The thugs move back to the entrance, having seen off the interloper, assuming him to be a spy for any number of enemies.

EDIT: While maintaining his cover as a vagrant, Tolin observes the entrance and the surrounding area as best he can. He sees the entrance is in fact a blast door, and appears pretty sturdy. He also sees a card reader set in to the wall, and while everything around it appears dirty and in poor repair, the card reader looks new, and in fact out of place.

He cannot see any cams or even firing slits, in fact no other security aside from the door and reader are immediately obvious.

The thugs don't appear to be anything special. Though they do appear at least a little alert. Well-drilled or intimidated maybe, but standard run-of-the-mill thugs at his guess. A Nautolan, and two humans. As Tolin observes them, the Nautolan looks up and begins to scrutinise Tolin and his malfunctioning droid. Tolin realises he should move along, and continues down the passage, further away from where he started.

He maintains his deception until he is long away from the consulate. Eventually, after a zig-zagging path back, he rejoins the rest of the "Slaver-Slayers".

OOC Next move guys?

Inquisitor Tremayne
06-24-2008, 09:43 AM
"Anyway to access the rear of the building? We are in a space station right? I'm guessing we are going to have to go through the front door. What about maintenance hatches under the building?"

kujester
06-24-2008, 10:00 AM
Ipsam: Well, if there are maintenance hatches, they would be on schematics with the engineering firm. One of the group could always try to infiltrate them during the party and get some information on ... Alternative entrances.

Roderz
06-24-2008, 10:06 AM
Jayne, with his superior knowledge of technical schematics, takes a closer look at the map. The Dorin Consulate, like all the prestigious consulates on Pellezara, features its own private docking bay large enough to hold a single vessel up to luxury yacht size. This requires the consulate to be situated against the outer hull, preventing rear access, though allowing for extra-vehicular access.

However, the map you currently possess is not detailed enough to show maintenance hatches or passageways. He mentions that perhaps BCD Eng. Corp. has more detailed readouts.

As you all study the map under a buzzing glowlamp in a dimly lit passage, Ipsam receives a text ping from Hoole, stating that the tickets will be hand delivered to you outside the Drowning Riknit tonight. True to his word, he obtained two tickets, each for one person.

kujester
06-24-2008, 12:45 PM
Ipsam:
"Tolin, the tickets are ready for you and whoever else is going to the party"

<swivel the eyes a bit over the rest of the party>

"He says that they're going to be available by the Drowning Riknit. I believe we wanted to go there and look around as well... Should we go there and see what we can find out and then plan our next course of action?"

Roderz
06-28-2008, 03:07 AM
If no-one has any objections I'll have the group heading back the way they came then?

kujester
06-28-2008, 07:53 AM
OOC: I have no objection.

dndmaster
06-28-2008, 07:40 PM
Yes that sounds good to me too.

Roderz
06-30-2008, 07:45 AM
Heading back to the Tram Terminal, you wait for the decrepit tram car to reappear. You all look around, marvelling at just how run-down this sector is.

Seventeen minutes later, a tram car arrives. It's just as run-down as the one before. You all get aboard, discussing the security you saw at the consulate. Just as before, the interior of the tram is not quite filthy, but very dirty, and also empty apart from yourselves.

You ride the car, through several lurches, trying to ignore the smell. Finally the tram begins to slow at another Terminal at which you need to change trams. As it begins to slow, you notice that this Terminal, while deserted the first time you came through, now has a few individuals standing around.

Ogami Perception
Tolin Perception
Ipsam Perception
Jayne Perception
Ana Perception
Deacon Perception

Roderz
06-30-2008, 08:24 AM
The Tram abruptly but slowly stops at the Terminal with an echoing crash, giving you the impression that it won't be going anywhere soon.

The platform is about as wide as the tram itself, with a thick permacrete wall behind the platform. Two darkened passages lead through to another platform. The platform is strewn with overturned benches and a few columns, while the tram provides cover from those outside it.

The individuals, two Rodians and three Humans, spaced out down the platform, are lounging around, looking at you with intent. Unfortunately, you need to get through to the next platform to get your connecting tram.

The doors to the tram grind open. One of the Rodians calls out in Rodese, "Looks like we got some lost little tourists. I think they might have to pay the toll boys, or else the Nashtah Punks might have to take some fresh meat back to The Hive."

OOC Actions boys &/or girls?

russdm
06-30-2008, 02:54 PM
OOC: Here will be Jayne's Actions.

Bic: Jayne gets ready to pull his blaster out if he needs to. He calls back to the other Rodian in Rodese the following:

"Nashtah Punks? Thats the best name you can come up with?? Whats your name, fool? My Boss, Bochaba the Hutt, will want to know your name as your interfering with his business. Surely you have heard of Bochaba? The Hutt Razor? Most feared of all Nar Shadda's Hutts? The Hutt who had people killed for just looking at him? I work for him so you would best leave us alone, unless you want me to call Bochaba..."

Deception: Jayne tries to make the thugs believe he works for Bochaba still...

Roderz
06-30-2008, 05:39 PM
"You better watch what you say, don't you know Nashtahs strike when you least expect it, and from places you've never seen? You don't need to know my name, you only need to know how much the toll is. Bochaba the Hutt? He's got no business here. And even if he does, he should be taking his business through us. If we have to send him a message through one of his employees, so be it."

While their stances and words project open hostility, none have as yet made a move or drawn a weapon, relying on intimidation for the time being. All are armed, displaying pistols openly.

OOC Only those who speak Rodese know what's being said. Jayne was sucessful in convincing the gang that he (at least) works for Bochaba, and it seems they do know who Bochaba is. What you do with that is up to you all.

Tolin Knowledge (Tactics)

kujester
07-01-2008, 08:35 AM
Ipsam in Rodese: "Uhhh.... Well... Ummm....... "

<Ipsam makes such noises all the way through Jayne's and the thug's comments>

"I guess what my friend meant to say is, how much is the toll?"

ooc: Is my 31 perception providing any other details on the surroundings? Is there anything we can to do create a distraction or cover nearby? I'm feeling pretty ambushed and am desperately looking for a way out. ;)

Inquisitor Tremayne
07-01-2008, 10:29 AM
Tolin whispers to everyone, "Stay alert. They have heavy weapon support hidden somewhere."

Tolin wants to assess the situation; how far away are we from their group? what kind of weapons do they have? are they armored? are they in a good defensible position? Are we in a good defensible position? Do they have cover? Are we close to cover?

Knowledge (tactics)

Roderz
07-01-2008, 07:42 PM
OOC I have an image of the encounter. I can e-mail it to you all if you PM me your address, or if someone wants to post it they're welcome, I just don't have one of those photo hosting accounts.

Roderz
07-01-2008, 07:45 PM
Tolin whispers to everyone, "Stay alert. They have heavy weapon support hidden somewhere."

Tolin wants to assess the situation; how far away are we from their group? what kind of weapons do they have? are they armored? are they in a good defensible position? Are we in a good defensible position? Do they have cover? Are we close to cover?

Knowledge (tactics)

OOC Not much more than a few metres. Openly you can see pistols on all of them, not sure what's hidden though. Not overly as far as you can tell. Not a bad position, some cover close at hand. Pretty good actually, a lot of cover inside the tram.

As soon as I get the image out there I'll let you all know.

Roderz
07-01-2008, 07:53 PM
Ipsam in Rodese: "Uhhh.... Well... Ummm....... "

<Ipsam makes such noises all the way through Jayne's and the thug's comments>

"I guess what my friend meant to say is, how much is the toll?"

ooc: Is my 31 perception providing any other details on the surroundings? Is there anything we can to do create a distraction or cover nearby? I'm feeling pretty ambushed and am desperately looking for a way out. ;)


"Now that's more like it fishy boy, finally some sensible words. I tell you what, you all look like fine, wealthy dandies. Let's call it 2,000 credits and you can all leave here with you individuals bits and pieces attached in the right places hey?"

OOC: Not yet, but it will, rest assured.

kujester
07-01-2008, 10:14 PM
"Now that's more like it fishy boy, finally some sensible words. I tell you what, you all look like fine, wealthy dandies. Let's call it 2,000 credits and you can all leave here with you individuals bits and pieces attached in the right places hey?"

OOC: Not yet, but it will, rest assured.

Ipsam (Rodian): "While I can't fault your perception of my species, I would have to say that your concept of 'fine, wealthy dandies' is a little off. I'm afraid that we're not necessarily fine people - as you could tell by my friend..."

<point at Jayne>

"And really, wealthy is pretty limited too. Consider that I really own nothing but the items in this little pouch."

<hold up a sad looking sack that contains all of my worldly possessions, afterwards doing a little bit of a trembling motion>

"Mind if I sit down? This whole situation is making me feel dehydrated."

Persuading them to let me walk towards a seat

<Makes a bit of a path towards sitting on a nearby bench in a nonthreatening manner ... The goal is for the bench to be perhaps more defensible than standing in the open>

Roderz
07-01-2008, 11:11 PM
OOC The thugs have not even given you time to get off the Tram. They are supremely confident, having possibly sabotaged the Tram, or at least know that it won't be going anywhere.

Unfortunately they are between you and where you need to be, and there is no practical, obvious, simple way to avoid going through them, or at least by them.

As kujester already has the map, and it should start to appear, I'll let you know where you all stand, and your enemies. Currently you're still on the Tram basically. Jayne, Ogami and Ipsam are closest to doorways.

Ogami - C3
Tolin - D3
Jayne - E3
Deacon - H3
Ipsam - I3
Ana - C2
C8 - D2


Rodian Talker - G5
Rodian Lurker - C6
Human - Blonde - H6
Human - Mohawk - A5
Human - Darker-Skinned - F6

The second Tram, which you are trying to catch, will be arriving in row 13, the opposite platform.

kujester
07-02-2008, 08:03 AM
OOC The thugs have not even given you time to get off the Tram. They are supremely confident, having possibly sabotaged the Tram, or at least know that it won't be going anywhere.

Unfortunately they are between you and where you need to be, and there is no practical, obvious, simple way to avoid going through them, or at least by them.

As kujester already has the map, and it should start to appear, I'll let you know where you all stand, and your enemies. Currently you're still on the Tram basically. Jayne, Ogami and Ipsam are closest to doorways.

Ogami - C3
Tolin - D3
Jayne - E3
Deacon - H3
Ipsam - I3
Ana - C2
C8 - D2


Rodian Talker - G5
Rodian Lurker - C6
Human - Blonde - H6
Human - Mohawk - A5
Human - Darker-Skinned - F6

The second Tram, which you are trying to catch, will be arriving in row 13, the opposite platform.

ooc: Fair enough on the movement. Would it be safe to assume we can move within the tram that we are on without garnering too much suspicion? Is it possible to close the doors? Do I think that there would be any way for me to reset the tram?

Mechanics Check - Just in case

Also, the map:


http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=98

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82217071@N00/2631147890/

Roderz
07-02-2008, 10:43 AM
OOC You could move around without too much suspicion, slowly. The Tram still has power, so you're pretty sure you could easily get the doors to close. This would be undoubtedly highly suspicious. Resetting the Tram is going to be much more complicated. The crash indicated a lot of structural mechanical damage underneath.

Oh, and thanks for posting the map.

The black lines are solid metal columns that provide cover, the benches strewn around provide low cover, as do the red lines on the Tram, which indicate blown transparisteel windows.

kujester
07-02-2008, 12:16 PM
Ipsam: Before making any movement, I try and see if they have blasters or vibroweapons.

Checking for the things that may try to kill us

If it looks like they are trying to shoot us primarily, I won't bother with the doors... If it looks like stabbing and slashing is more the order of the day, I will calmly look for the way to get the doors to shut if we need to cut them off. I won't actually make that happen unless it looks like something is about to go down.

russdm
07-02-2008, 08:00 PM
OOC: I'm going to apologize ahead of time for whatever goes down after Jayne says his piece. Just in case...

BiC: Jayne draws his blaster and points it at the ground. He whispers an aside to one of the Jedi, "Now would be a good time for that hand-waving voodoo you do."

Coldly regarding the other Rodian Jayne says this in Basic, "What If I don't feel inclined to give you my hard earned credits? If I were to lay your bodies somewhere who exactly would get upset about it?"

Jayne gets ready to bring his blaster up to shoot somebody.

kujester
07-02-2008, 08:07 PM
OOC: I'm going to apologize ahead of time for whatever goes down after Jayne says his piece. Just in case...

BiC: Jayne draws his blaster and points it at the ground. He whispers an aside to one of the Jedi, "Now would be a good time for that hand-waving voodoo you do."

Coldly regarding the other Rodian Jayne says this in Basic, "What If I don't feel inclined to give you my hard earned credits? If I were to lay your bodies somewhere who exactly would get upset about it?"

Jayne gets ready to bring his blaster up to shoot somebody.

ooc: You are duly blamed for any destruction of the world that occurs with this... I'll modify my reactions if it appears things are going to hell suddenly... Sheesh. ;)

Roderz
07-02-2008, 10:59 PM
As stated, you can see blasters held on all of them. They may be concealing something else however: Stealth to conceal

OOC Max is 22 so no matter what you can see that the two Rodians are also carrying Vibroblades.

In front of you is a panel with exposed wiring, it's cover having fallen off due to neglect. You think that with a bit of work you might get the doors to close.

Stealth for Drawing Blaster unnoticed +7 (Mod) +2 (GM - Cover)

Rodians Perception
Rodians Perception re-roll if fail first attempt
Human Perception

<Basic>"Now, now, you don't want to go and make me angry now do you little cousin? Bochaba might find himself in the market for a replacement for his Pellezara undertakings hey?"

Stealth Check to beat Perception 31

Roderz
07-02-2008, 11:15 PM
So, Jayne successfully draws his blaster without being noticed.

It is also now plainly obvious the Rodians are packing Vibroblades. Turns out they'd stuck them down their trousers much less expertly than they believed.

In light of Tolin's comments about having secret backup, Ipsam now realises that the slight crack he can see in one of the doors is much more important. The door to the store room, or whatever that first room is, has been moving ever so slightly, as if the wind were blowing it. Seeing that Ipsam can't feel or see any other signs of wind, he assumes it's because someone is holding it in such a position and it's moving with their breathing.

<Basic>"You've got 30 seconds to start making with some credits or else we're gonna have to start shootin'. Sorry, it's genetic with these boys, they can't help but shoot toll-dodgers, right boys?" He gets a chorus of chuckles and affirmative comments.

dndmaster
07-03-2008, 09:08 AM
Listening to that words back and forth that he can understand Deacon gets ready to shoot. Having cover behind the tram wall he decides to pull out his blaster and set it to kill. He will wait to shoot until he sees action from one of the others or one of the thugs.

kujester
07-03-2008, 11:06 AM
Ipsam:

I begin to fiddle with the exposed wires, but I don't want to trigger the doors close mechanism unless absolutely necessary ... I just want to be able to do so when needed.

Mechanics check to begin working with wires

Looking over at Deacon, who is closest to me, I quietly nudge him and gesture towards the open door where I believe reinforcements will come from (Square C8).

Basic (whisper): "Looks like they may have some help"

Roderz
07-04-2008, 02:46 AM
Ipsam swiftly identifies the wiring, saving bridging the last two wires to be crossed until the doors need to be closed.

20 Seconds pass as the stand-off escalates. The Rodian is becoming visibly annoyed, and the thugs all begin to fidget, sensing the time for action approaching. <Rodian>"Tick tock tick tock... The toll ain't getting any cheaper..."

OOC I might get one more post in before I head off, otherwise I'll be extremely unreliable for the next three weeks and may not post at all.

Inquisitor Tremayne
07-04-2008, 05:38 PM
Tolin says to the thugs, "I think it is fairly clear that niether one of us is budging nor that we have the credits to sufficently cover your toll. Instead of getting involved in a situation in which several of us may not survive, why don't we just agree to go our seperate ways?"

Says this in an attempt to persuade them differently...

Persuasion check

Roderz
07-28-2008, 01:26 AM
OOC The Gang has become hostile as you have taken so long in paying them. Hence the Persuasion attempt failed.

<Rodian>"Not a bad plan. Instead, we're going to gut you and take whatever credits you DO have. DIBS ON THE HUTT WHIPPING WHELP!"

And with that, the assembled scum reach for weapons and move for cover.

Ipsam Initiative
Deacon Initiative
Ogami Initiative
Tolin Initiative
Ana Initiative
Jayne Initiative

Human Thugs Initiative
Rodian Gangers Initiative
Red Herring 1
Red Herring 2
Red Herring 3

OOC In case it's not clear, the Red Herring rolls may or may not be important. Either way, you don't know what they are.

Roderz
07-28-2008, 02:00 AM
Initiative Order:
Rodian Swoop Gang Loudmouth
Rodian Swoop Gang Mute
Ipsam
Ana
Deacon
Tolin
Jayne
Blonde Human Thug
Mohawk Human Thug
Dark-Skinned Human Thug
Ogami

As he calls for his Gang to attack, the loudmouthed Rodian draws his own Pistol and fires at Jayne (Ref 15), <Basic>"Die Schutta!"

Loudmouth Rodian Atk Roll - Cover (5)
Damage if Hit

The other Rodian steps behind the column (B6), flattens himself against it and draws a blaster. <Basic>"Not yet Boppo, we can handle this."

kujester
07-28-2008, 07:59 AM
Ipsam: I draw my blaster pistol, placing it on the seat next to me and ready an action to trigger the doors closing if someone charges towards the tram.

OOC: Welcome back, btw.

dndmaster
07-28-2008, 01:12 PM
Deacon alertly ducks for cover when he sees the rodian shoot his blaster. Having heard the shot go somewhere else he peeks up to see if there is someone he can hit. With his pistol out he aims at the loud mouth Rodian and pistol firedamage

Inquisitor Tremayne
07-29-2008, 10:44 AM
Tolin will draw his blaster and shoot at the loudmouth Rodian as well, since he seems to be the leader here.

ranged attack

damage if hit

russdm
07-29-2008, 10:52 AM
Jayne will bring his blaster pistol up and fire at the loudmouthed rodian.

Blasting at Rodian
Damage if hit

Roderz
08-01-2008, 09:37 AM
OOC Ana chooses to delay for now.

Ipsam wisely keeps his head down, pulls his blaster, then keeps his eye out for anyone who may come charging at them.

Deacon pops up out of cover only enough to squeeze off a shot at the loud-mouthed Rodian. Unfortunately he's a little harried and the shot flies wide.

Tolin, having see two blaster bolts fly, realises the time for negotiations has passed and hastily pulls his own blaster and fires a shot, hoping to get them ducking.

Jayne, having heard enough out of the two bit, no talent hack, decides to end it with a single blaster, but before he can take his shot, the loudmouth forces him back with a shot of his own. Soon a couple of his compatriots fire, and he also squeezes off a shot, hoping to hit the scum.

The blond human, facing directly across from Deacon, pulls a pistol and looses a pair of shots in rapid succession, sacrificing accuracy for power, hoping to intimidate Deacon (Ref = 16+5=21).
Attack Roll (Rapid Shot)
Damage if Hit

The mohawked human, fires wildly into the tram at the first target he can see, which just happens to be Ogami (Ref = 13+5=18).
Attack Roll
Damage if Hit

The dark-skinned human looks over to the other Rodian, before firing at the tram in a strategic fashion, hoping to draw Deacon out into the open (Ref 10).
Attack to Aid Another

OOC Ogami and Ana are up.

Roderz
08-01-2008, 09:40 AM
Deacon, hearing the shots slamming into the tram in front of him, becomes a little nervous and starts to fidget, unknowingly coming out of cover just the tiniest bit.

Roderz
08-03-2008, 07:38 AM
OOC I've got two Jedi whose actions I need.

Roderz
08-06-2008, 09:36 AM
Ana and Ogami swiftly decide upon a course of Action, deciding to move forward and secure the left.

Ana draws her Lightsaber, igniting it with a snap-hiss, bringing the fierce orange blade to life and charges the Mohawk Human (moves to A4), bringing her blade down in a powerful two-handed stroke.

Attack with Lightsaber +Atk Bonus +Charge (2)
Damage if hit

Roderz
08-06-2008, 10:12 AM
Striking the thug cleanly in the shoulder, Ana buries the blade deep into his torso before withdrawing the blade and readying herself for what comes next.

OOC The Mohawk human is clearly killed by Ana's attack.

Ogami, marvelling at Ana's precision, swiftly draws his own Lightsaber, igniting the light green blade and then moves (A5 over the body of the Mohawk) to support Ana and catch the quiet Rodian.

Roderz
08-06-2008, 10:27 AM
The loudmouthed Rodian raises his arm with pistol in hand, aiming into the tram, and begins to run down the platform heading to the door of the tram nearest to Ipsam, who hastily crosses the last two wires, slamming the door closed in the Rodian's face, possibly catching a limb in the door.
Mechanics check to close the door at the right time -GM Discretion: Unorthodox attack
Damage if hit

In his haste, however, Ipsam crosses a few extra wires.
Mechanics check for effect of extra wires

Roderz
08-06-2008, 10:47 AM
Ipsam times the door to close right on the Rodian's outstretch hand, crunching his fingers spectacularly, Ipsam can hear the crunch from his position against the wall.

He stays alert for any effect the extra wires may have had, before he realises they were just a couple of grounding wires.

Howling in pain and frustration, the Rodian (now at J4) fires over the wall into the Tram, aiming at the nearest body, a crouching Mon Cal (Ref = 15).
Atk +5 +2(Skirmisher) +1(Point Blank Shot) -2(GM: Crushed fingers)
Damage if hit

The quiet Rodian, no longer so quiet screams, <Basic>"FRAK BOPPO! NOW! NOW! NOW!" before pulling a vibrodagger and swiping at the Lightsaber wielding fool who's just appeared in front of him (Ref = 13).
Melee Atk Roll
Damage if Hit

kujester
08-06-2008, 10:58 AM
ooc: looks like my turn is coming up, so here goes:

<Mon Cal> "No good, absolutely no good" </Mon Cal>

Standard Action: Fire back at the very friendly Rodian who just tried to take me down:

Attack roll = 1d20 + 2 + 1 (point blank)
Damage if Successful

Move Action: Make a quick move to H1 and duck between the seats there

kujester
08-06-2008, 11:00 AM
ooc: Yay for criticals!

Dice for Critical Damage

Roderz
08-06-2008, 11:05 AM
Ogami feels the blade crease across his ribs, preventing the blade from penetrating too deep. He admonishes himself for running forward so impulsively.

Suddenly a pair of doors swing open, and unsurprisingly to Tolin, a pair of Duros step out carrying blaster carbines. Looking supremely confident and wearing a pair of wide grins, the two prepare to open fire. One steps into the open (D5), turning to support the Rodian who called for Boppo. He wears a pair of racing goggles over his eyes. He levels the carbine at Ogami and Ana and fires on full auto, peppering the area with shots.
Atk +5 -5(Autofire)
Damage if Ana hitDamage if Ogami hit

The other Duros (E7), in a pair of bright Orange overalls levels his carbine at the Tram and opens fire on full auto.
Atk +5 -5(Autofire)
Damage if Tolin hitDamage if C8 hit

Roderz
08-06-2008, 11:17 AM
Spraying fire wildly, the overall-clad Duros misses the broad side of the Tram, while Jayne, Tolin and C8 duck behind the walls.

The goggled Duros concentrates his fire on Ana and a bolt grazes her thigh quite deeply. A few bolts go in Ogami's direction but they impact on the bench.

OOC Ana takes 14HP damage, knocking her one step down the condition track. Ogami has taken 5HP damage. The Rodian Swoop 'Talker' has taken 3HP.

Next up is Deacon, then Tolin, then Jayne.

Current Order:
Ipsam
Rodian Swoop Talker
Rodian Swoop Mute
Duros Overalls
Duros Goggles
Deacon
Tolin
Jayne
Blond Human
Dark-skinned Human
Ana
Ogami

OOC After that marathon, I'm off to bed.

On Ipsam's turn, he will take out the Rodian at the door. Keep in mind that the door is now closed so no-one can go through it without a Mechanics check to open it.

dndmaster
08-06-2008, 05:38 PM
Waiting for the firing to take a lull Deacon hears his chance and peeks up and fires at a newcomer the goggled duros.
blaster fire on goggled duros
damage to the goggled duros
Deacon will then get down quickly for cover.

Roderz
08-06-2008, 06:09 PM
The goggled Duros, chuckling at having the drop on Ana has his back turned and is completely unaware when Deacon quickly takes aim at him, before firing a shot. The bolt hits the Duros square in the back, who then flops limply to the ground.

OOC Keep in mind that while Jayne can see the overall-clad Duros, he can't fire along column E as he does not have line of effect. Current positions.

Ogami A5 In Melee with Rodian
Ana A4
Ipsam I3
Jayne E3
Deacon H3
Tolin D3
C8 D2

Rodian Talker J4 (Going down)
Rodian Mute B6 In Melee with Ogami
Blond Human H6
Mohawk Human DEAD
Dark-skinned Human F6
Duros Overalls E7
Duros Goggles DEAD

dndmaster
08-06-2008, 07:19 PM
ooc: Fair enough on the movement. Would it be safe to assume we can move within the tram that we are on without garnering too much suspicion? Is it possible to close the doors? Do I think that there would be any way for me to reset the tram?

Mechanics Check - Just in case

Also, the map:


http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=98

http://www.flickr.com/photos/82217071@N00/2631147890/
wanted to put this up so we don't have to keep popping back.

kujester
08-06-2008, 07:50 PM
ooc: sorry for jumping the gun on my action. I was under the impression of a readied action that wouldn't have changed initiative order and missed the 20 second delay that would have made my action a held one that adjusts my initiative. :)

Thanks for reposting the map - very helpful - now I won't have to open multiple windows.

Inquisitor Tremayne
08-07-2008, 10:46 AM
Noticing everyone but the dark-skinned human (F6) is behind cover (he might have low cover from a bench) Tolin takes a shot!

blaster pistol

damage if hit

Roderz
08-07-2008, 06:14 PM
Tolin, ever calm under fire, waits for the blaster bolts to cease before taking aim at the Dark-Skinned Human that fired at Deacon a moment ago. Firing off a round, the shot hits the human dead centre of the chest, dropping him to the ground, where he lies motionless.

OOC Inquisitor Tremayne, you also could have taken two swift actions to aim, negating the cover. As it turned out you didn't need to. If russdm doesn't manage to post before he goes away, I'll determine his actions to keep this thing going.

russdm
08-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Jayne will shot at the Blond Human in H6, using the two swift actions to aim.

Shooting at Blond Human
Damage if hit

Roderz
08-09-2008, 07:37 PM
Jayne steps around the doorway long enough to squeeze off a snap shot, aiming for the blond human cowering behind a bench. He aims for the gap in the seat, where the human is most exposed. He ducks back before he sees the result of the shot, but the howl of pain, which cuts off quickly, tells him the shot hit home.

Ana, seeing the new arrivals as posing a threat, steps forward (D6 avoiding Attacks of Opportunity on the way) to attack the Duros in the orange overalls (Ref 12) swinging a wide swipe at the Duros with a two-handed grasp, she attempts to strike him down from behind the bench.
Attack with Lightsaber +Atk Bonus
Damage if hit

Ogami, engaged with the Rodian, parries and feints, trying to create an opportunity to hit the Rodian. Seeing his opportunity as the Rodian overextends himself, Ogami stabs with all his strength.
Attack with Lightsaber +Atk Bonus
Damage if hit

Roderz
08-09-2008, 08:03 PM
The Duros ducks under Ana's obvious stike, rolling back to his feet.

Ogami's blade slides into the Rodian's body, but the Rodian pulls back before Ogami can drive home the strike. The Rodian reaches down to the wound crying out in pain. The wound is very serious and the Rodian begins to look a little shaky (-1 Step).

Ipsam pops out of cover long enough to shoot the loudmouthed Rodian directly in the face, who then falls over, stone dead.

The remaining Rodian, engaged with Ogami, strikes at him again.
Rodian Melee Atk Roll -1 (Condition)
Damage if Hit

The Duros fires his carbine wildly at Ana, trying to drive her back and away from him.
Duros Atk
Damage if Hit

Roderz
08-09-2008, 08:17 PM
The Rodian, using his own wound to wrong-foot Ogami, unexpectedly and quickly steps forward with a strike of his own. Ogami is able to deflect the blow to his leg, but the blade cuts deep (-10HP), and Ogami feels the blood beginning to seep down his leg.

The Duros hits Ana with a lucky shot to the hip. She goes down hard, dropping her blade, which deactivates.

OOC Ana spends a Force Point to not die.

dndmaster
08-09-2008, 08:19 PM
ooc: so who is left of the bad guys? Also what are their positions?

Roderz
08-09-2008, 08:25 PM
Ogami A5 In Melee with Rodian
Ana D6
Ipsam I3
Jayne E3
Deacon H3
Tolin D3
C8 D2

Rodian Talker DEAD
Rodian Mute B6 In Melee with Ogami
Blond Human DEAD
Mohawk Human DEAD
Dark-skinned Human DEAD
Duros Overalls E7
Duros Goggles DEAD

As Above

http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/picture.php?albumid=27&pictureid=98

dndmaster
08-10-2008, 01:09 AM
ooc: I guess I am unsure of who is next now.

Roderz
08-10-2008, 09:18 AM
OOC Well it shouldn't be too hard to work out, but if necessary, the Initiative order is as follows. As a character or enemy drops, cross them off the list.

Ipsam
Rodian Mute
Duros in Orange Overalls
Deacon
Tolin
Jayne
Ana
Ogami

We're up to Deacon now.

dndmaster
08-10-2008, 11:36 AM
After not hearing much more firing going on into his position Deacon decides to take a longer look at what is going on outside the tram. Deacon sticks his head up and scans the area looking for thugs that may be alive and whether or not he can shoot any. Finding none that he can get a decent shot Deacon hops out the window above him touching down lightly without a sound and moves behind the barrier at j5 looking down the hall to see if any more are coming.

Inquisitor Tremayne
08-10-2008, 11:43 AM
Tolin steadies his arm and lines up his shot against the Duros who is behind cover (E7).

OOC Two swift actions to aim and ignore cover, standard action to shoot.

blaster pistol shot

damage if hit

Inquisitor Tremayne
08-10-2008, 11:45 AM
OOC YAY for criticals!!!!!!!!!!

extra damage from blaster crit

kujester
08-11-2008, 07:28 AM
ooc: Nice roll (and even better damage). Well done. :)

Roderz
08-11-2008, 07:01 PM
Tolin takes aim at the chuckling Duros, and steadies his breathing and heart rate as much as possible, remembering his training on Utapau. When he is ready he takes the shot, which strikes the Duros directly on his bulbous cranium, blasting out the back of his head.

Jayne, seeing that they've accounted for all their foes except the last Rodian, left battling Ogami, moves out of the Tram to assist (D6, same square as collapsed Ana). He raises his pistol to shoot, looking for an opportunity to present itself.
Atk +1(Point Blank) -5(Firing into Melee)
Dmg if Hit

Roderz
08-11-2008, 07:09 PM
Just as he takes his shot, the Rodian ducks and Jayne's shot goes wide.

Ogami, knows he is in trouble, while his wounds haven't debilitated him yet, he knows they are serious. He allows the force to flow through his limbs before preparing to strike down the Rodian.
Use the Force to Activate Battle Stike

Roderz
08-11-2008, 07:13 PM
At the last moment he feels his focus drain away, but strikes at the Rodian regardless.
Atk
Dmg if Hit

Roderz
08-11-2008, 07:23 PM
Ogami desperately strikes at the Rodian's midsection with a clumsy blow, but just as he does, the Rodian ducks a blaster bolt from behind him, lowering his head into Ogami's blade. The lightsaber slices cleanly through his neck, and the head, with a very surprised expression rolls away.

The frenetic pace and sound of the fire fight now settles down to an eerie quiet, broken only by the sound of the approaching transfer tram you need to board. It sounds about no more than a minute or so away.

OOC Congratulations, encounter complete, with the only casualties being the ones I controlled. I hope Toren and GBVenkman don't come back now and find out what I did to their characters now. So… what do you guys do? You have a casualty in Ana, lying over by Jayne.

Also, you now have enough experience to level up. So start thinking about that, but post it in the character thread, not here.

kujester
08-11-2008, 09:05 PM
Ipsam:

<Mumbling>I land on this station, and already two blaster fights...</Mumbling>

then more loudly:
"This is a bit ridiculous. I am not sure what we should do... Call the Inspector and let him know? I really am not good at ... Disposing of bodies." *shudder*

ooc: for the purpose of the xp count, did we level exactly?

Inquisitor Tremayne
08-11-2008, 11:00 PM
Tolin rushes over to Ana's fallen body.

"Anyone trained in Treat Injury!!?? Ana needs medical attention!"

We will need to move her body onto our next train and treat her wounds.

Tolin will take a look around at his companions and try to access their state of health also.

OOC Battle Analysis check. DC 15 Knowledge (tactics) check as a swift action.

Battle Analysis Knowledge (tactics) check

dndmaster
08-12-2008, 01:11 AM
Tolin rushes over to Ana's fallen body.

"Anyone trained in Treat Injury!!?? Ana needs medical attention!"

We will need to move her body onto our next train and treat her wounds.

Tolin will take a look around at his companions and try to access their state of health also.

OOC Battle Analysis check. DC 15 Knowledge (tactics) check as a swift action.

Battle Analysis Knowledge (tactics) check


Ipsam:

<Mumbling>I land on this station, and already two blaster fights...</Mumbling>

then more loudly:
"This is a bit ridiculous. I am not sure what we should do... Call the Inspector and let him know? I really am not good at ... Disposing of bodies." *shudder*

Coming out from behind his barrier outside the tram now at the mention of Ana needing medical attention. Deacon runs over to see the damage done by the thugs cursing them as he passes their bodies.

"I am afraid I do not know any first aid. I wish I could help some, I used to watch my father take care of our animals and when they had a serious injury he would just hold pressure on the wound, try that..."

Looking at the carnage caused by the foolish thugs Deacon says, "I wonder if there is another tram coming this way any time soon? I get by the lack of frequency that there isn't and if we miss this one we will be stuck here for some time. Lets move Ana and Ogami upto the edge of where the tram will come and we can head back here and check the bodies for anything. Someone can keep the doors from shutting and those that are searching can run back when they must."

kujester
08-12-2008, 02:55 PM
Ipsam: "I am not good with first aid... If she were made of metal and electronics we'd be fine, but I don't think that's the case. I'm with Deacon, I don't think we should miss that next Tram."

<provides any assistance in carrying/dragging comrades to the new tram platform>

Also, keeping an eye out for anything that could be of major value or use to us that is lying around or on the thugs... Not really doing a thorough check though (so give me minuses as you would deem appropriate).

Perception Check at +13

Roderz
08-12-2008, 06:22 PM
Ipsam spots a door that looks like it could be wrenched off and used as a stretcher for Ana. "Hey guys, that door could be used as a stretcher."

Ogami, being the strongest remaining character, takes a shot at removing it.
Strength Check

OOC No one is much chop at Treat Injury. The best is +2, now +3, which all of you except Jayne have.

Roderz
08-12-2008, 06:29 PM
Ogami, feeling weakened by his wounds, fails to remove the door.

Deacon and Ipsam lift Ana as gently as they can, and carry her across to the opposite platform, where a glow down the tunnel signals the imminent arrival of the Tram.
Ipsam Strength
Deacon Strength

Ogami tells you, "I'm staying by Ana's side, we need to get her to a medic immediately. Whatever you want to do, do it quick."

dndmaster
08-12-2008, 06:57 PM
"When we get on the tram we will attempt some care for her and maybe get the bleeding stopped, but I can't promise anything."
Deacon runs back to the thugs looking for pouches and getting their weapons from them and anything else that looks semi valuable or information we may need, starting with the loud mouth Rodian.

kujester
08-12-2008, 08:53 PM
"Tolin, you and your droid seem to carry a lot of equipment, do you have a medpac and some bandages?"

Assuming that Tolin hands them over, I Treat Injury at our MIGHTY +3 to at least stem some of the bleeding and issues.

If the tram arrives too quickly, I definitely wait and get on the tram first.

Treat Injury at +3

EDIT: Forgot the +2 for the equipment bonus from the medpac that would give a total of 21. Should heal: Character Level (2) + 6 = 8.

dndmaster
08-12-2008, 09:06 PM
ooc; Are we able to add the aid like in D&D and give a +2 to the check?

Inquisitor Tremayne
08-13-2008, 12:21 AM
"Yes of course, here is a medpack! I'll help however I can."

OOC Yes we can aid another on these skill checks, using first aid can be made untrained.

aid another Treat Injury check

Roderz
08-13-2008, 08:32 AM
The tram comes into sight, and you decide to get Ana on it before doing all that you can to help her, figuring that getting her to professionals is more of a priority.


If the tram arrives too quickly, I definitely wait and get on the tram first.

Treat Injury: 19

EDIT: Forgot the +2 for the equipment bonus from the medpac that would give a total of 21. Should heal: Character Level (2) + 6 = 8.

The +2 is only for Medical kits, not medpacs. Medpacs are the base necessary.

The tram arrives at the station, and thankfully it looks to be in much better repair than a lot of the trams you have seen lately. Once again, in this remote area, the tram is deserted. Getting Ana onto the tram and laying her down in the aisle as gently as possible, Ipsam bandages her abdomen as best he can, using the rudimentary supplies of the medpac.

Getting her strapped up as best as possible, she begins to regain consciousness, then awakes fully with a start. Looking frantically around.

Ogami tells her they're gone, and that he has her blade, before returning it to her. She relaxes again, looking exhausted, but out of the woods for now.

Deacon runs back to the loudmouthed Rodian, checking his body for anything he can find.

Meanwhile Jayne runs back to the other Rodian, pilfering anything he can lay his long dextrous fingers on, also snagging one of the blaster carbines that was being toted by the two Duros. It's a very basic model, no stock, and very badly worn and abused.

Before too long though the tram doors begin to beep, signalling they want to close as the Tram is due to leave. The two hurry back and board the tram before it departs for the next station.

Deacon grabbed the Vibrodagger the Rodian was holding, but couldn't find the pistol, figuring it must have fallen between the tram and the platform. He also grabbed the Rodian's wallet, finding 25cr and the Rodian's ID, all written in Durese. Deacon being able to read it, sees that the Rodian was named Shodu Menndo.

As Jayne swiftly runs his hands over the Rodian, he finds a purse and grabs the vibrodagger the Rodian was toting. Jayne Perception
* Secret Stealth Check *

OOC When russdm gets back he may choose to reroll the perception check if he doesn't feel it was high enough.

dndmaster
08-13-2008, 10:18 AM
ooc: I was not sure if you wanted me to roll for my perception, Ilike sometimes a secret roll as it gives the DM a chance to say nothing was there.

Deacon grabs the Rodian's wallet and begins looking for his blaster. Not able to find it he curses under his breath. Hearing the doors to the tram beep annotating they want to close, Deacon grabs the Rodian's vibrodagger and scurries back to the tram.

Noticing that Ana is awake somewhat Deacon says, "I am glad you are okay, you took a pretty nasty shot there. You are a tough one girl."

Roderz
08-14-2008, 10:48 AM
Deacon and Jayne hurry back aboard the Tram before the doors close. Retracing your steps, you pass through a few terminals, assisting Ana when necessary.

Eventually you think you should log on to a public info terminal to find the nearest facility. The tram pulls into a station, and conveniently, a terminal is right there. Unfortunately, a little old lady appears to be struggling to use it.

kujester
08-14-2008, 10:58 AM
ooc: Best way to get to the terminal faster is to get her off of it in a quick fashion I suppose.

Ipsam: Excuse me, ma'am... You seem to be having some trouble... Do you need any help looking something up?

if she says yes, Ipsam goes ahead and does as much computer magic as his roll allows:

Use Computer at +9

Edit: Wow... Not good... Force Point it is then!
Adding a d6 plus my original roll of 12

Roderz
08-14-2008, 04:48 PM
Ipsam approaches the old woman, offering to help her. She takes a quick glance at Ipsam, then replies with a snapping response, "Can't a woman get a little piece and quiet when she's using the terminal?! The youth of today! I don't need some riff-raff interfering in my business!"

Roderz
08-14-2008, 06:12 PM
Jayne Perception

General Perception Checks

russdm
08-15-2008, 04:00 PM
OOC: I'm Back! Well, Got back yesterday!

BiC: Jayne will walk up to the old lady and say, "Sorry about that, Miss. Here's some credits for your trouble." Jayne hands her five credits and tries to see what the problem is that she is having.

Roderz
08-16-2008, 08:50 PM
OOC russdm you should go back and read all the posts you missed while you were away. For one thing, Jayne has levelled up, which you should post under the Character Thread.

The old lady snatches the credits from Jayne's hand.
Jayne's Persuasion

"Well hot diggity. I'm off to the Cantina, thanks sonny jim." she says as she leaves the terminal.

Ipsam steps up to the Terminal and returns to the home screen to search for the nearest medical facility. While he does so, the rest of you take a moment to look around.

Roderz
08-16-2008, 09:05 PM
Tolin Perception
Jayne Perception
Deacon Perception

You each see the usual hustle and bustle of Pellezara living. There's some news reports being displayed on the holo screens, including a story about the abductions, but nothing you don't already know.

Ipsam brings up the location of the nearest medical facility he can find, and also works out the next tram you need to take which will take you right there.

kujester
08-17-2008, 04:23 PM
You each see the usual hustle and bustle of Pellezara living. There's some news reports being displayed on the holo screens, including a story about the abductions, but nothing you don't already know.

Ipsam brings up the location of the nearest medical facility he can find, and also works out the next tram you need to take which will take you right there.

Identifying the Tram, Ipsam says: "We can only hope that this time we don't run into any problems. Do we need to have a cover story on what has happened ?? And should someone hide her ... Weapon?"

Roderz
08-19-2008, 11:36 AM
OOC I haven't been neglecting to post, the course I had in my head has changed a bit so I've been adapting. Watch this space.

dndmaster
08-19-2008, 03:44 PM
ooc: okay np

Roderz
08-22-2008, 12:45 PM
You leave the public terminal, heading for the tram Ipsam identified, slightly supporting Ana on the way. You climb aboard and the tram gets underway. There are mostly families and what appear to be groups of school children at this hour, mid afternoon. Though, true to form, there's always one inappropriate, inebriated individual, and in this case it's an Ithorian, slurring with twin throats.

After a few minutes your stop comes up, so you help Ana off. It's a short walk down a well-travelled boulevard to get to the health centre. The waiting room looks to be mostly children with the sniffles, and elderly folks, though there is a construction worker nursing a serious looking injury. The Duros behind the counter takes a glance at Ana's wound and tells you she'll bump you up the line, so it shouldn't be too long before you see a doctor.

Looking at the chrono on the wall however, you realise that someone will need to leave soon to meet the courier.

Roderz
08-25-2008, 07:09 AM
OOC Hmm, guess I should have made it more clear. If someone doesn't go to get the tickets now, you're going to miss them. Which is fine if you don't, but I need to know what you guys would do right now.

You sit in the waiting room with Ana, waiting for the doctor, fidgeting, while the seconds tick away.

dndmaster
08-25-2008, 09:21 AM
Deacon remembers that they need to get the tickets as he is sitting there waiting for Ana to be seen and asks if he should just go meet with the courier and retrieve them quick.

kujester
08-26-2008, 08:39 AM
Deacon remembers that they need to get the tickets as he is sitting there waiting for Ana to be seen and asks if he should just go meet with the courier and retrieve them quick.

I don't have an issue with that... Just be careful and keep in touch.

russdm
08-26-2008, 02:38 PM
If no one else moves, Jayne gets up and says he will get the tickets. He wants to have a brief chat with somebody too. Jayne will walk quickly so as not to lose time.

Zax
08-28-2008, 01:30 AM
OOC: soz everybody my-bad post.

Roderz
08-28-2008, 04:36 PM
Jayne, realising the time, gets up from his seat and tells the others that they better get the tickets, and he then turns to leave. Deacon jumps up and says he'll join him.

The two find their way to the meeting point pretty simply, where they find the delivery person already waiting for them.

Meanwhile, the others are told that the doctor shouldn't be too much longer.