PDA

View Full Version : IC Adv 1: Arrivals



Pages : 1 [2]

Zax
08-28-2008, 11:00 PM
A young man approaches you and asks,
"Are you the guys who need these tickets?"

OOC: for his appearance check out the link in my sigi, it just goes to the right page of the profile thread

dndmaster
08-29-2008, 03:45 PM
Approaching the person we are to meet Deacon stops and smile. hearing the question he knows they have the right person. ''Yes, we are'', being the observant person Deacon is he notices this messenger seems to be ready to go somewhere himself. He keeps the information to himself for now.

Zax
08-29-2008, 05:12 PM
The boy reaches into the pack at his side and shuffles through it for a short while, all the time glancing round suspiciously at the other people around the place, before producing a number of tickets. He tucks one back into the pouch and hands the others over to the man infront of him.
"Also, I have to let you know, Hoole wants me to help you guys out in anyway I can. He was very specific what you were doing but I can be useful in pretty much any situation."
he says without any emotion on his face.

Roderz
08-29-2008, 08:08 PM
OOC Update/reminder: The tickets are for a fancy ball tomorrow night. There's only two. Hoole said that you may be able to convince the organisers to allow a bodyguard each. Also, you're now standing at the bar that Hoole said may have some leads.

Examining the tickets, you see that Hoole has managed to swing invites to both Tolin and Ipsam.

You look at the bar. It doesn't seem to be the nicest place on Pellezara, but you've certainly seen worse. You wonder if you should go in, or collect the others first?

Roderz
09-01-2008, 08:19 PM
OOC The following characters are standing outside the Drowning Riknit: Deacon, Jayne & Zax. You have the option of heading into the bar now and seeing what you can learn, or heading back to meet up with the others. Please discuss or let me know which you want to do or something.

Back in the medical centre, ten minutes or so after Jayne and Deacon leave, the doctor emerges to collect Ana. A female Duros, she introduces herself, "I'm Doctor Gless, now let's take a look at you." She helps Ana up and leads her off to a glass door.

Ogami gets up to follow her, "Please wait here until I've had a look at Ana. I'll call you in as soon as I'm finished."

Ogami looks at Ipsam and Tolin, "I'll wait here. There's no need for you two to wait here, I'll give you a call when we know more."

OOC Tolin & Ipsam can choose to link up with the others, or even check out what they can at BCD Engineering. Please discuss or let me know which you want to do or something.

kujester
09-01-2008, 09:13 PM
ooc: My impression is that I could definitely go and check out BCD Engineering more properly and see what's up. I figure the getting tickets part is covered pretty well. Any complaints?

Inquisitor Tremayne
09-02-2008, 08:48 AM
"Ipsam, I think we should meet up with the others, would you mind giving them a call please?"

Tolin then gives Ogami 1,000 credits to cover Ana's medical bills.

"Ogami, if she needs more credits please contact me via comlink and I will bring some more."

kujester
09-02-2008, 09:58 AM
Ipsam:

"Sure thing Tolin"

*pulls out his comlink and calls (flip a coin locally) Deacon*

"Deacon, this is Ipsam. Tolin asked me to find out where you are so we can meet up."

Roderz
09-04-2008, 09:12 AM
Deacon's commlink beeps with a call. He answers and is greeted with Ipsam's gurgling speech, inquiring where he and Jayne are.

OOC dndmaster, your turn to speak.

dndmaster
09-04-2008, 12:04 PM
Standing there just after getting the tickets and talking to this newcomer Deacon hears his commlink buzz. Answering the call, "Hello? Ipsam, hey we just got the tickets, we are with the courier right now, it appears that Hoole wants him to accompany us also. We were just about to head back now. How is Ana doing?"

kujester
09-04-2008, 12:32 PM
Standing there just after getting the tickets and talking to this newcomer Deacon hears his commlink buzz. Answering the call, "Hello? Ipsam, hey we just got the tickets, we are with the courier right now, it appears that Hoole wants him to accompany us also. We were just about to head back now. How is Ana doing?"

Ipsam: "The courier gets to come too? Sure sure. Ana apparently will be fine, her friend Ogami is going to stay here so that Tolin and I can leave. Perhaps we should meet up at the Cantina we're supposed to check out and see if we can get more information? Besides, I'm starving and greasy food sounds pretty good..."

dndmaster
09-04-2008, 04:34 PM
"Roger, the courier is joining our group. Not sure what he is capable, guess we can find out over some food and drinks. We will meet you there shortly." Turning to Jayne Deacon nods, "okay Jayne looks like Ipsam and Tolin are going to meet us at the Cantina shall we head there now?"

russdm
09-04-2008, 07:26 PM
Jayne nods. "Thats sounds like a good idea to me. Some food and drink would be nice. Maybe we can chat with some of the beings and learn info." Jayne said.

kujester
09-05-2008, 07:53 AM
Ipsam approaches Tolin-

"Sounds like we have a place to meet up with the others."

He then heads towards the proper transportation to make his way there.

Zax
09-08-2008, 02:53 PM
Zax, stepped in towards them,
"You might just want to be a bit careful in there, these places can be pretty rough at times, I'm nifty with a blaster rifle but I can't do a lot about five gang members bearing down on us."
he warned.

Inquisitor Tremayne
09-08-2008, 05:16 PM
Ipsam approaches Tolin-

"Sounds like we have a place to meet up with the others."

He then heads towards the proper transportation to make his way there.

"Let's head there. I am interested to see what the local fare is like."

Ipsam and Tolin (and C8) leave for the cantina.

Roderz
09-10-2008, 02:37 AM
Deacon, Jayne and Zax step inside the dimly lit Drowning Riknit. Though Zax has been on Pellezara for some time, he's not had a reason or an opportunity to head in there as yet. In other circumstances he'd quite enjoy the place. The main doors enter onto brightly lit landing, ruining the entrant's low light vision, while simultaneously framing the entrant for anyone else who cares to look in the direction of the door.

The rest of the bar is mostly in dank lighting, although about ten metres in front of you sits a brightly lit bar area, that allows you to see the faces of those ordering drinks. It seems to be quite a large bar, as you can make out doorways leading off into other areas, the bar itself seems to straddle this general area, and another area, which seems to be the source of the music pervading the area.

Aural senses are assaulted by both the hubbub of conversation that seems to pervade the area, and the synthetic instrumental sounds and high pitched vocals coming from what must be the band room. You haven't decided yet whether or not you like the music, but the murmur of conversation is going to get annoying real fast.

The smell is something difficult to describe. The various species, of which there are many, in combination with the even larger range of drinks and refreshments, mingle together to create something stale. Though the smell itself almost has a life of it's own, as each element of the odour fluctuates in strength, as things move around the room.

Zax isn't really sure why they need to be here right now, and even Deacon and Jayne don't have much to go on, just that it might be a place to search for leads. Jayne, having a degree of experience with places like this, sets off, leading his fellows into the flow of people. Moving into another room, he immediately spies an empty booth, where they might sit, wait for the others, and keep their ears open.

russdm
09-11-2008, 09:00 PM
Jayne will try to keep his ears open for any conversations going on around him. He will listen as he can.

Jayne tries to Gather Information on what he hears

dndmaster
09-12-2008, 11:12 AM
Deacon moves to the booth with the others all the while keeping an eye on his surrounding. perception check

Zax
09-12-2008, 07:26 PM
OOC: I guess I'll just follow you guys...
IC: Zax follows the others over to the booth, all the while keeping his senses open to the bar around him, he kept his hand on his blaster rifle ready to launch into action if anything went down.

Perception:

Zax
09-12-2008, 07:58 PM
OOC: Ugn damn dice roller. Take whichever one you want for his roll, actually don't take the 0, but the other two you can choose.

Roderz
09-13-2008, 12:46 AM
Keeping his aural senses pricked, Jayne listens for any tidbits of conversation that might prove pertinent. Not really knowing what to listen out for, Jayne picks up a couple of items of gossip. Apparently Herrod Shala won his latest bout of shock boxing, he also picked up that there was a bit of controversy regarding doping; the portside 5th deck spaceport had been forcing a bunch of workers to pull extra hours due to workers that hadn't showed for work; he also picked up on the odd idle gossip, and it seemed like a patron was one more angry insult from being ejected, that or glassed.

Deacon sees that the booths offer a great deal of privacy. One even has a perfect view of the entire main room, as well as an unobstructed view of the main door. At the moment it's occupied by two Duros and a human male, dressed in what look to be mechanics' overalls.

Zax is momentarily assaulted by the sights, sounds as smells as he enters.

Ipsam, Tolin and C8 pretty much follow the same steps as Jayne and Deacon, arriving ten or so minutes after the others had entered and found a place to sit.

They enter the Drowning Riknit, and Ipsam quickly spots them, indicating their location to Tolin, and then the three of them join Jayne, Zax and Deacon.

OOC Give me some kind of idea of the leads/rumours you might be looking to listen out for. For example, "Jayne listens out for any rumours about gangs ambushing remote tram stations" or something like that.

Inquisitor Tremayne
09-13-2008, 02:48 PM
Tolin will welcome the newcomer, Zax, and make formal introductions.

Then keep an eye out for anyone who may be paying too much attention to our group and keep an ear out for any conversations concerning slavers, missing persons, or anyone that may be involved in such activities.

Perception to spot

Perception to listen

russdm
09-15-2008, 09:36 PM
OOC: You pretty much covered what I was going for, but if I can find out anything relating to what we have done so far that would be good.

BiC: Jayne waved his compatroits over.

dndmaster
09-16-2008, 10:15 PM
Deacon is going to be listening for anything about the party they are supposed to be going too and also about any information on thugs jumping people on the tram system.

Roderz
09-17-2008, 02:37 AM
OOC Someone may make a Gather Info check for each thread to see what more they may be able to learn. Please state which thread each roll is for.

A Duros and a Human are conversing as they squeeze through the crowd, and as they do they move quite close to your booth, [basic]"-well the only reason he was even out that far was for a special order. He wouldn't say too much, I think he was planning to pocket the creds, because he kept it off the books."

"What did the PPF have to say about it?"

"Nothing much. They reckon gang crime out there is rampant, and they're simply too stretched to do much about it. Funny thing though, Jin apparently got another of those orders, (he's so bad at keeping anything secret), and decided it wasn't worth having a blaster drawn on him. He told them such, and they offered an armed guard, and promised to take out the-"

The two move further into the bar, beyond your hearing.

---

You hear a number of snippets concerning the tram network, and the deeper areas of the station. Apparently crime is pretty rampant out there, and you doubt too much will come of your little incident, probably being chalked up to a turf war or something.

---

There are a few conversations about the missing dock workers from the portside 5th deck spaceport, apparently there's a handful who stopped showing up for work.

---

Jayne overhears a snippet from the next booth, it grabs his attention because previously they had been speaking much louder, [rodese]"Hey, on my way in, I crossed through a station where an entire gang had been wiped. The turf should be free for someone to move in. It's a bit apart from us, but it's a great-"

"Let's go!"

A Duros and a Rodian leave the next booth and head out the door.

---

Zax
09-18-2008, 06:40 PM
OOC: Soz guys, exam week, I was pretty busy.

IC: Zax sat and steppled his fingers until the other two arrived, than introduced himself to them too. He then sat back in his chair and asked,
"So, what are we all doing anyway? I haven't been told anything."

Inquisitor Tremayne
09-18-2008, 09:52 PM
"The local security force has word that there are slavers here on this station. It is also rumored that they have a significant number of slaves that are about to be traded/sold. Our team is assigned to go where the security force cannot and put an end to the slaving business on this station.

Its a lofty goal for sure, but if we keep our wits about us we should be able to make it through."

Zax
09-21-2008, 12:15 AM
Deleted

Zax
10-23-2008, 03:13 PM
OOC:K obviously no one can be bothered telling me all that so I just deleted it to get the thread moving again.

Roderz
10-26-2008, 05:44 PM
OOC Someone may make a Gather Info check for each thread to see what more they may be able to learn. Please state which thread each roll is for.

A Duros and a Human are conversing as they squeeze through the crowd, and as they do they move quite close to your booth, "-well the only reason he was even out that far was for a special order. He wouldn't say too much, I think he was planning to pocket the creds, because he kept it off the books."

"What did the PPF have to say about it?"

"Nothing much. They reckon gang crime out there is rampant, and they're simply too stretched to do much about it. Funny thing though, Jin apparently got another of those orders, (he's so bad at keeping anything secret), and decided it wasn't worth having a blaster drawn on him. He told them such, and they offered an armed guard, and promised to take out the-"

The two move further into the bar, beyond your hearing.

---

You hear a number of snippets concerning the tram network, and the deeper areas of the station. Apparently crime is pretty rampant out there, and you doubt too much will come of your little incident, probably being chalked up to a turf war or something.

---

There are a few conversations about the missing dock workers from the portside 5th deck spaceport, apparently there's a handful who stopped showing up for work.

---

Jayne overhears a snippet from the next booth, it grabs his attention because previously they had been speaking much louder, [rodese]"Hey, on my way in, I crossed through a station where an entire gang had been wiped. The turf should be free for someone to move in. It's a bit apart from us, but it's a great-"

"Let's go!"

A Duros and a Rodian leave the next booth and head out the door.

---

OOC Each of the items above represents something you overhear in the bar. There are four items. Choose two to follow up. To follow the lead, i.e. follow along, eavesdropping and quizzing others in the bar about it, make a [B]Gather Information check.

Inquisitor Tremayne
10-26-2008, 05:51 PM
Gather Information about the tram network and the deeper sections of the station.

Tram info GI

Gather Information about the missing dock workers.

missing dock workers GI

I can spend the necessary credits to cover the GI costs also.

Zax
10-27-2008, 12:40 AM
OOC: I think the missing dock workers sounds the best lead.
IC: Zax heads over to the bar to inquire about the missing dock workers.

Gather information check
No modifiers, I'm useless at this!

kujester
10-28-2008, 10:59 AM
Ipsam keeps track of the Human and the Duro speaking basic, trying to find out about where these armed escorts are needed...

Gathering the Info
More perception if needed

Roderz
11-12-2008, 07:06 PM
You don't manage to learn anything about the Tram network or deeper sections that you didn't already know from your own foray down there.

---

Apparently, three dock workers have gone missing over the last few days. This has really brought the disappearances to people's attention, and you notice that it is a very hot topic of conversation throughout place. You do pick up on an interesting fact that links all three of them. They were each heavy drinkers some of the time, and they all frequented The Dry Blaster quite regularly, and as far as you can tell, that's the last place each of them was seen.

OOC Tolin spends about 25cr in drinks keeping people talking for his GI check.

Zax
11-13-2008, 12:27 AM
Zax regroups with the others and suggests that we check out the Dry Blaster.

Roderz
11-17-2008, 11:54 PM
As each of you check the time you realise it has reached the point of the night when bars begin to close, especially those that one regularly walks out of with few bruises. From what you've heard, the Dry Blaster is unlikely to be closing now, but with the day you've had, you wonder if you should perhaps get some sleep and start again tomorrow.

OOC You can choose to check out the Dry Blaster now or sleep for the day. You have had an exhausting day though, and if anything happens I may apply some negative penalties to checks.

russdm
11-19-2008, 02:07 PM
Jayne comments, "We could check out the Dry Blaster." He waits to hear what others have to say.

Zax
02-02-2009, 02:38 PM
OOC: What does everyone else want to do?

Roderz
03-23-2009, 01:38 AM
OOC After waiting for so long for inspiration, with nothing coming along I'm instead opting for cliche mixed with a bit of railroading.

As you leave, debating whether or not to try the Dry Blaster, your commlinks chime, almost simultaneously. Checking your commlinks, you see it's text only, and short, as well as puzzling.

"Get off street! Find lodging! Wait! Will contact! H"

You all look at each other in confusion, Zax, whose commlink hadn't gone off but he's taken a look at one of yours, offers, "Not certain, but I've gotten messages from our friend like that before. I'd suggest we do what it says."

Since you were considering calling it a night anyway, you all head back to your lodgings.

OOC To be continued