PDA

View Full Version : Need some advice: 'small favor'

zergrusheddie
04-18-2008, 01:38 AM
Hello everyone. After a semi-successful dungeon {I was the only one who did not get cursed or poisoned in some way :)}, our party got back to Ka'asa and began dividing the loot. As part of my share, I am able to recieve a 'small favor' {:confused:} from the High Temple. The thing is, I have only been playing Pen and Paper stuff seriously for about a year, so I have no clue what a 'small favor' is.

Of all you great Gods of Nerdiness, what kind of advice can you lay upon a disciple of Nerdiness? What would you suggest I ask for as a favor?

I'm a level 11 Dwarven Fighter. Any help would be appreciated.

mrken
04-18-2008, 07:49 AM
Rather than take the small favor (finding a copper in your pocket the same time you were going to double park your donkey) go for the gold pommeled, jewel encrusted plus 5 Dwarven War Hammer of Fate. :cool:

Skunkape
04-18-2008, 07:50 AM
If anyone is still cursed/poisoned in the party and your character's alignment would dictate, you could ask that the small favor the church is going to provide you be that they remove the curses/poison from your fellow adventurers.

It could be that the GM has granted this to you as a means to cure the rest of the party, assuming your character takes that step. If that's not what he had in mind, then you won't be able to use the small favor for that.

tesral
04-18-2008, 08:57 AM
Define "small". Depending on the temple in question that could be like from said copper to park the donkey to Resurrections all around. It's hard to say not knowing your DM.

cplmac
04-18-2008, 10:50 AM
Yes, we need full details of your character. Actually, a complete look at the character sheet would be great. This way we can see alignment(good, neutral, or evil) and what all type of gear and other posessions, so as not to give a suggestion that would duplicate what you already have.

Dimthar
04-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Is hard to know without all the above mentioned details, but since I always been an Elitist, I'll go for the highest "Title" the Church is willing to give you. With power comes great responsibility, so it will open the path for future adventures and roleplaying opportunities.

It could go from "Blessed Son" to "Champion of".

zergrusheddie
04-19-2008, 01:48 AM
No one is cursed anymore. I understand how difficult this could be to figure out and me being the new player I'm completely clueless. The Temple in question that has offered a favor is a temple inside a Dwarven city that has been taken by humans. Dwarves are slaves around the land, so the Temple is kind of the resistance and and has the resources of an entire country almost {they each gave my character a +2 Adamantine full plate set has a sign of good faith}.

I was just thinking I could get some information from a few of the veteran players who have dealt with the, "Ask for it and see how I screw you!" DM mind trick.

zergrusheddie
04-19-2008, 02:03 AM
I'm the typical Lawful Neutral Dwarven Fighter. I even have a barcode number!
I'm using +2 Full Plate that has FR/10 and DR/3, Boots of striding, +2 Necklace of CON, Ring of Freedom {Ironically found after killing a spider}, +2 STR belt, Ring of Protection +2, and a +1 Dwarven War Axe {been thinking of modifying that a bit...}
My character is truely arrogant. He loves the Dwarfs and hates the enslavers. ALL of his feats have gone into making him better with the Dwarven War Axe {the one TRUE weapon...}.

The DM was a fan of Earthdawn and has put in weapons for all of us {actually, I'm the only one who has not gotten a hook to get mine :mad:}. I was thinking for the favor that I could ask the Dwarves to reseach a powerful War axe, though that may be a waste since the DM is likely to give us a hook with a giant "Fighter Epic Weapon" sign on it like the last three times.

On our last encounter, one of members got a sword and suit of armor that belonged to the long lost king og the Hobgoblins. The sword is of course the soul of the King and his lawful evil, though it is a very, very powerful weapon. I was thinking of using the favor to remove the evil enitity from the sword.

Dimthar
04-19-2008, 01:00 PM
My character is truely arrogant. He loves the Dwarfs and hates the enslavers. ALL of his feats have gone into making him better with the Dwarven War Axe {the one TRUE weapon...} .

Are the Dwarves true slaves, or just 3rd class citizens? Is your character a "Free Person"? What is your party position to the whole slavery thing? How about borrowing from the Temple as much gold as possible for the "Human" of the party to buy an "Estate" and then run a "Schindler's list" operation.

The sword is of course the soul of the King and his lawful evil, though it is a very, very powerful weapon. I was thinking of using the favor to remove the evil enitity from the sword.

Well, If I was the DM as soon as the sword is "Exorcised" it will loose most of its power.

zergrusheddie
04-19-2008, 02:21 PM
Dwarves are true slaves in most areas of the world, 3rd class citizens in the Temple town {Russia controlling Chezkslovakia, it still isn't Russia} and suffer prejudice in most of the rest of the world. My character is a free person and is actually, ironically, a decent ally to the King.

The DM bascially said to another one our group who got a small favor, "This will test your greed."