PDA

View Full Version : Hello from the Tampa area

Greywolf
10-10-2006, 07:46 PM
Hi there - my name is Eric, and my wife, Kelly, and I are looking for some new friends/fellow gamers to get involved with. We are both 40 years old (well, we WILL be in December) and are mature, professional, and old enough to have gone through all the various incarnations of gaming, from the first tentative steps of original boxed D&D, through AD&D, MERP, Rolemaster, Palladium, GURPS, D&D 3rd ed, to our very own hybrid system that I wrote myself. We both GM, and have a literary background steeped in mythology, history, and classic fantasy.

Our ideal gaming environment is a good mixture of adventure, combat, roleplaying, and character development. To me, a great game transports the players to a magical world that makes them forget their normal, everyday life and makes them feel like they are part of a great story. They can track their development, slowly change their personalities, and really feel like the campaign or adventure follows or changes tone depending on their actions.

I have to admit I am a bit "picky" when it comes to players and GMs I want to game with. They must be mature, committed, have good personal hygeine (don't laugh - the stories I could tell!), and want to REALLY role-play and develop their characters as if they were involved in a good novel.

BUT - we also LOVE to have fun, and a good sense of humor (and decent saving throw modifiers vs. puns) is a must. The wife and I are gainfully employed, own our house (near Tarpon Springs) and have weekends free. We have no kids, and since we both game that helps a lot in keeping problems from arising that might put the kibosh on regular gaming sessions.

Whew - quite a magnum opus there, eh? I'd be interested in hearing more from you, about you, etc. If you think we might be compatible, I'd love for us to meet up and see if we all "click".
Eric

Phantom Gamemaster
10-11-2006, 06:52 PM
Hi there - my name is Eric, and my wife, Kelly, and I are looking for some new friends/fellow gamers to get involved with. We are both 40 years old (well, we WILL be in December) and are mature, professional, and old enough to have gone through all the various incarnations of gaming, from the first tentative steps of original boxed D&D, through AD&D, MERP, Rolemaster, Palladium, GURPS, D&D 3rd ed, to our very own hybrid system that I wrote myself. We both GM, and have a literary background steeped in mythology, history, and classic fantasy.

Our ideal gaming environment is a good mixture of adventure, combat, roleplaying, and character development. To me, a great game transports the players to a magical world that makes them forget their normal, everyday life and makes them feel like they are part of a great story. They can track their development, slowly change their personalities, and really feel like the campaign or adventure follows or changes tone depending on their actions.

I have to admit I am a bit "picky" when it comes to players and GMs I want to game with. They must be mature, committed, have good personal hygeine (don't laugh - the stories I could tell!), and want to REALLY role-play and develop their characters as if they were involved in a good novel.

BUT - we also LOVE to have fun, and a good sense of humor (and decent saving throw modifiers vs. puns) is a must. The wife and I are gainfully employed, own our house (near Tarpon Springs) and have weekends free. We have no kids, and since we both game that helps a lot in keeping problems from arising that might put the kibosh on regular gaming sessions.

Whew - quite a magnum opus there, eh? I'd be interested in hearing more from you, about you, etc. If you think we might be compatible, I'd love for us to meet up and see if we all "click".
Eric
Hey Greywolf,good to see you here in the Boards. I'm new too but you do remember me, do you? from the Hero Boards? It's me the Phantom GM I'm looking for players for at least two games and I'm looking for a couple of SciFi/superhero Gaming groups online as I don't have much luck finding palyers in my states for a FTF game.:(