PDA

View Full Version : Execute Execute Execute!

deadmeat1471
04-01-2008, 06:55 PM
Ok, i have come across, and hence edited, an 'pen and paper' RPG called 'Execute execute!' execute.
It was originally designed for FBI assaults against terrorists, i have expanded and enhanced it (beyond all recognition http://forums.rpgchat.com/images/smilies/smile.gif )to now encompass SWAT, SAS and with a little push it could even work for military missions. (i have also edited and expanded most of the mechanisms/rules to be more complex and interesting).

Now in order to play it effectivly i would need edit both the rules and the mechanisms in order to make it playable by a common group. But as it stands, it is fairly operational, the biggest problem is it lacks much interaction, which is intended to be consisted in the strategic tactics towards each mission.

The missions could be played via forums, but at this moment the gameplay is very dry. The options are simply ones of mechanics, move to coordinate ****, arrest **, throw flashbang, open door, jimmy window, fire at ** - etc etc.

The gameplay is designed by myself to be strategical rather than tactical, i have yet to come up with rules for hostage negotiation (due to the fact i dont actually have anyone to negotiate with!) but it would be one of the essential factors i believe to the strategic element.

The tactical gameplay is more or less automatically resolved, for example - firing is reactionary if a person orders a move which results in visual proximity to an enemy.

To my own merit though, i place meticulous effort into trying to keep realism where realism is required. For example the two main maps i have designed in excell, is the 1988 iranian embassy siege (SAS against terrorists) and the 1997 hollywood shootout (bank robbers against police/swat).

The map graphics, being in excell are as you can imagine, no where near excellent http://forums.rpgchat.com/images/smilies/1/icon_biggrin.gif the maps/rules also need some tweaking for individual maps (mostly the effective ranges of weapons on big maps like hollywood shootout vs small maps like 2/1 floor small houses).

If anyone is interested in taking a look at 'the rules' (mainly just the standard EEE rules + my additions inside excell) i have attached the excell sheet i used in my previous games.

*(the map on this one was just a small test of a raid on a small house)

Credit for the original rules goes to the guy mentioned in the EEE rules.

fmitchell
04-01-2008, 08:02 PM
From the title, I assumed the game was about mentally gifted but physically feeble mutants encased in heavily armed and armored life-support shells, conquering lesser species.

Frobozz
04-02-2008, 12:24 AM
No no no.... that was 'Exterminate Exterminate Exterminate!', wrong game.

fmitchell
04-02-2008, 03:36 AM
Well, if you want to avoid a BBC lawsuit ...

deadmeat1471
04-02-2008, 06:57 AM
Well, if you want to avoid a BBC lawsuit ...

LOL! first off, i didnt name it. Secondly thats in no way a lawsuit, as thats generally what you would imagine a movie including FBI saying before an assault. (which i repeat, i didnt name) i was just giving credit to the original rules.

tesral
04-02-2008, 04:11 PM
I've mentioned before, rules consist mainly of combat becasue that is what requires rules.

Exactly what kind of "other interaction" are you looking to cover with rules?

Frobozz
04-02-2008, 05:30 PM
Exactly waht kind of "other intreraction" are you looking to cover with rules?

:eek: !!!!

kipling
04-03-2008, 03:51 PM
I've mentioned before, rules consist mainly of combat becasue that is what requires rules.

Exactly what kind of "other interaction" are you looking to cover with rules?

There are people who want to put rules on things like social interaction, so they can model the ups and downs of it more accurately, and (in some settings) one's corresponding social status or face.

tesral
04-04-2008, 12:37 PM
There are people who want to put rules on things like social interaction, so they can model the ups and downs of it more accurately, and (in some settings) one's corresponding social status or face.

OK, there are plenty of rule systems to crib for that. Call it what you will. I would suggest a look into "Japanese" setting systems where status can be life.