PDA

View Full Version : Tired of "No Contact Information"

DavidC
03-25-2008, 01:12 PM
Every few weeks, a new player appears in our area looking for a group. Without fail, they don't seem to have any contact information. I can't even seem to send them a private message *within* the website. I think this has to do with them not properly finishing their registration?

Anyways, I would like to be able to message these fellows.

Farcaster
03-25-2008, 01:32 PM
Unless a user specifically indicates that they do not want to be contacted by other members, you should still be able to send the user a PM. However, if the user hasn't activated their account by email yet, then they won't be able to send or receive any messages at all.

DavidC
03-26-2008, 11:10 AM
I understand that Farcaster. I think either you should be able to send PMs to people that haven't activated their accounts, OR there shouldn't be an email alert about new members until they have activated their account. I want to be alerted *when* I can contact them. If I'm alerted before, than it doesn't do me much good.

Farcaster
03-26-2008, 11:18 AM
Fair enough. I'll see what I can do about making the alerts come out only after the member has been activated.

nijineko
03-27-2008, 03:02 AM
that seems like a very reasonable and logical request. and useful too boot. ^^ perhaps also a note about that fact auto-delivered somehow to those new members signing up?

DavidC
03-27-2008, 03:09 AM
Fair enough. I'll see what I can do about making the alerts come out only after the member has been activated.

Thank you. :cool: