PDA

View Full Version : 1. A League, Under The Sea



Pages : [1] 2

kipling
03-16-2008, 02:38 PM
Lord Maxwell walks into the richly appointed room you're waiting in and takes off his powdered wig. "Itches like the devil," he says to no one in particular as he puts it on a false head on a bookcase. "Price of power, eh?" He picks up a sheaf of papers. "Nothing like yours, of course. Power, I mean."

He waves to you all: Super Soul, Elongated Fellow, Azrael, and Jason Blood. "Got a spot of bother here. Something is sinking ships between Britain and the United States of America. Thought at first it was pirates--several ships have been rich in gold bullion transferred for banking. Not so. One of the scientific jaspers noticed that all of the ships have had scientific equipment. Seems a rum thing for a sea monster to be taking."

He blows air out of the moustache he started when given this appointment. "Oh, yes, there was a survivor on the last ship, the Harkness, who reported that the ship was rammed by a swifly-moving sea monster. Which is where you come in."

He looks at the papers again. "Says here the Abraham Lincoln will be leaving Boston in a week with a load of scientific equipment. We've telegraphed ahead, found a fellow in New York who might be able to help you. Calls himself the Shadow--terror of their underworld, don't you know. See if you can get him to come onside, by the way."

He smiles. "I'm told Super Soul here is stronger than a locomotive, and fast. You three are not, I'm afraid. So I've arranged for you to travel in a railway car that I hope Super Soul will carry. That way, you can be in Boston within the week. Your assignment is to stop this sinking. It's a kind of piracy, and the Queen will not have relations with the United States strained by this." He finds his pipe and lights it. "Questions?"

drfeck
03-16-2008, 04:43 PM
Blood is looking out the window when Maxwell walks in and says his bit. He had heard something about the others...but that did not mean they knew of him.

(OOC-using Well-informed feat [Gather info +15] to see if he has heard anything about the others in the room, as well as the shadow).

Prehaps just as well, if they learned of his "other half", they might refuse to work with him...or worse.

"Is there any bit of the wreckage we can examine, or speak to the surivior of the Harkness?" he asked Maxwell.

kipling
03-16-2008, 06:25 PM
"Yes, there's a bit of wreckage down at the laboratory. Survivor's name is Ezekiel Bentham, and he's at this address in Boston." Lord Maxwell hands Jason a piece of paper.

(OOC: The Gather Info roll is high enough to have heard of each of the others, but I'll let them say what is known about themselves; I rolled a 9, so anything that meets DC 24 should be apparent to Blood.)

drfeck
03-18-2008, 11:01 AM
Jason looks over the paper, while saying-"Very good. I shall make inquires with Bentham and then head to the lab, or whichever is closer. Anyone else coming?"

kipling
03-18-2008, 11:18 AM
(OOC: I'd say, since the lab and you are in London and Bentham is in Boston, that the lab is closer. I'll edit this tomorrow to include a description of the wreckage and the lab.)

They took the stairs down to the laboratory, which was on the second floor of the building. The laboratory was a large room with three benches running down it; it smelled of ether and formaldehyde. Tall arched windows let in the light. The room is cool. Nearby, a young man in a smock stood by a retort; on the retort was clamped a piece of wood about four inches square.

An older gentleman greeted them. "Ah, glad you could make it. My name is Hermann von Helmholtz." Introductions are shared; Helmholtz is in his sixties; Blood recognizes him as a physician and physicist of some renown. "I apologize that I don't know more than I do; I was on a train coming here all night." His accent makes the esses zeds and vice versa.

"Perhaps if we let young Carr here speak."

The young man blinks and snaps his fingers. "Sorry. Nervous habit." He puts his hands in his pockets. Then he says, "Oh. Yes. The wood appears to be, well, wood, probably of a sea-going vessel from the growths on the outside. It has all the appearances of being broken by tremendous strength--a rapid ram into it would do the job. I'd think it was dashed apart in a storm on a coral reef except that the written testimony and the water indicate that there were no reefs in the area."

He pushes a leather binder over to them. "There are the results of all the tests I have run, and this binder--" he pushes over a second one "--contains the testimony of Mr. Bentham, as transmitted over the telegraph."

"The queen has not spared any expense. The Kaiser would be impressed," says Helmholtz.

BlaqueSaber
03-19-2008, 11:06 AM
Azrael had yet to speak. He didn't much like the idea of being transported in a metal can across the sea, trapped in a small place with total strangers whom are not among The Order. Then, he didn't have the luxury of doing "what he liked", just what was ordered of him. The Order of St. Dumas had sent him to assist Lord Maxwell and that was what he would do...until they told him otherwise.

In the lab Azrael continued to hold his tongue, he knew of more than one way a ship could be breached beneath its depths and scuttled but doubted that any of that would be beneficial to earn the trust of his compatriots.

Ballzy1
03-19-2008, 05:17 PM
Super Soul was observing the conversation of his new friends and wondered if he should take a scouting mission over the waters as he could be more help in that capacity. He will wait until we can meet as a group and then offer his assistance in this task.

kipling
03-19-2008, 06:33 PM
Super Soul knows that from here to Boston at top speed is still an hour and a half: more like six if he has to carry a contraption that's not made for his kind of speed.

Still, that's faster than the two weeks it would take them by boat.

drfeck
03-20-2008, 02:25 PM
The young man blinks and snaps his fingers. "Sorry. Nervous habit." He puts his hands in his pockets. Then he says, "Oh. Yes. The wood appears to be, well, wood, probably of a sea-going vessel from the growths on the outside. It has all the appearances of being broken by tremendous strength--a rapid ram into it would do the job. I'd think it was dashed apart in a storm on a coral reef except that the written testimony and the water indicate that there were no reefs in the area."

He pushes a leather binder over to them. "There are the results of all the tests I have run, and this binder--" he pushes over a second one "--contains the testimony of Mr. Bentham, as transmitted over the telegraph."

"Hmm...interesting," Jason says as he looks over the binder, memorizes the contents and then examines the wood.

He turns Dr Helmholtz and Carr.

"Have you found any living residue on the wreakage? If this was a beast, something of this size might leave behind something...blood, skin, other..."

Blood thought it might be a machine, but even then it would leave something behind...unless it was something unnatural...he had to be sure...

(OOC: Jason will use his investigation skill +10 and his power of mystical awareness...)

kipling
03-20-2008, 04:27 PM
(Jason rolls an 18 for Investigation and scans the report; they've been most thorough. He senses nothing mystical about the wreckage.)

"We found traces of an oil we were unable to identify. It's not whale oil nor oil of any cetacean at all--I suspect it comes from the ground. Just traces, though." Carr snaps his fingers again, then realizes what he's doing and puts his hand back in his pocket.

kipling
03-24-2008, 01:56 PM
An assistant comes in and hands an envelope to Dr. Helmholtz.

"Something in for you folks." He holds out the envelope.

drfeck
03-25-2008, 01:04 PM
Jason takes the envelope, looks for a letter opener, and proceeds to read it aloud to everyone.

kipling
03-25-2008, 02:01 PM
Inside is a telegram.

Jason might decide not to read it while others are in the room, but all have been cleared for this, even Helmholtz.

WASHINGTON HAS PLAN STOP BE ON ABRAHAM LINCOLN STOP COMMUNICATIONS CHANNEL NOT SECURE STOP

"It was in the Arkwright cipher, sir. So far as we know, it came from people in Washington," says the aide. He looks a homespun young man, though nicely dressed.

BlaqueSaber
03-26-2008, 12:00 AM
Azrael steps forward.

"I don't think we have any further time to waste." "Here we are but five, in the new world I am a part of a much larger order with nearly unlimited resources. We'll find this sea ferrying weapon but in light of this telegram, we should get moving."

drfeck
03-26-2008, 09:51 AM
"Sounds like an excellent suggestion. We should leave Post-haste." Jason repiles.

Ballzy1
03-26-2008, 10:38 AM
Agreed! We must act now! Super Soul bellows in his deep booming voice.

spotlight
03-26-2008, 04:29 PM
"Hey, SuperSoul, I'll gladly go with you if you're flying to D.C.!" so says the skinny fellow know as Elongated Man. "In fact, I'll make myself easy to carry." He forms his body slightly to resemble a 150 lb. swordfish with handles on the backbone where the dorsal fin should be. The yellow shirt and pants seem to take the new shape but still look like shirt and pants.

OOC: I started to describe the shape of a 150 lb. bomb of wwII style but remembered WHEN we are. This will take getting used to.

kipling
03-28-2008, 08:46 AM
For all of you, but Super Soul, this is the first time you've flown, and the experience is likely to be terrifying--but you are made of stern stuff. (OOC: In other words, choose your own reactions to flight.)

Boston sprawls out before you like a great blanket, the roofs of the buildings covered with snow, the noontime sun trying but failing to warm them. Even though it's cold, the streets are covered with slush from the many carriages, although grey and black snow clings to the kerbs. Smoke comes from many chimneys.

Super Soul has kindly kept under the speed of sound, so it has been eight hours since you left. Boston has within the last six years adopted standard time, so it is about one o'clock locally.

The waters of the bays are gunmetal grey and choppy, and ice and snow hug the shoreline; still, you can sail in and out of the bay and in a few weeks you won't be able to.

Super Soul, where are you putting down the car? If you put it on a railroad track, you run the risk of interfering with local trains. If you put it on a road, you will interfere with traffic. There are a few large squares (such as near Harvard) where you can put it, or you can put it in a railroad yard. Because of the congestion, you won't be able to put it by the buildings of government.

Others--once he sets it down, what will you do? Or what do you plan?

Because people aren't used to looking at the sky for men and railway cars, it is unlikely that you have been noticed yet.

Ballzy1
03-28-2008, 06:30 PM
Super Soul circles the rooftops looking for an out of the way place to set the car down and bring his passengers back to the safe snowy land. He notices a railroad yard with some space to set us down safely and hopefully unnoticed. "Hold on my new Friends!" Super Soul yells as he gently rested the rail car between 2 other cars. "Let's move quickly before we make anyone aware of our arrival."

ooc: Super Soul will use Super Senses - Hearing to listen for any citizens that might have heard the landing of the car. Rolled 19 for the listen.

BlaqueSaber
03-29-2008, 10:57 AM
Azrael desperately wanted to change from his suit coat and tie into his armor and blades. The firesword that lies within his mind burned to light up in a fight and with Irish immigrants migrating to Boston to work on the railroads he could probably find one itching for a fight nearly as bad as he was after eight hours in that steel box.

But he kept his notions in check. Instead, he decided to point that energy into something constructive.

"Gentleman, I suggest we establish a base of operations here in Boston. Say a hotel or another fine establishment on the Trolley line? Then we'll be able to split up if needs be." Azrael repositioned his fedora hat at a slight rakish angle.

"Who has the gold?"

drfeck
03-29-2008, 03:14 PM
Jason get off the trolly slowly, still a little shaky from the trip.

"I know a place we can stay, and it will be out of the way. Its at an old friend's house..."

(OOC-Jason is using his contacts and connected feats to get to an old friend he met during his travels-Dr Emil Sandasal. He helped Dr Sandasal with a case of demonic possison some decades past, and he figures he would not mind him slighly imposing on him...Diplomacy +10 for the favor.)

kipling
03-29-2008, 03:34 PM
You each have one hundred American dollars and a letter of credit from the British government.

drfeck
03-29-2008, 06:09 PM
You each have one hundred American dollars and a letter of credit from the British government.

(OOC-I have the wealth feat...)

kipling
03-30-2008, 12:05 AM
I should have said that you have whatever wealth you have, plus a hundred dollars.

Given the travel times, folks expect to put up travellers for days or weeks at a time.

nijineko
03-30-2008, 05:08 PM
@SuperSoul: You hear the distinct crunch of footsteps on gravel, approaching. It sounds like single individual, not very heavy. They are making no effort to hide, but are walking directly towards you.

{i'm assuming that your hearing is "accute" and "accurate".}

Ballzy1
03-30-2008, 07:24 PM
Super Soul agrees with Azrael and Jason. " I agree Jason, we might want to proceed to your friend Dr. Sandasal's house now, as we have company approaching as we speak."

nijineko
03-30-2008, 08:56 PM
The footsteps come to a stop with a slight skitter of gravel. A woman's voice calls out quietly, "Excuse me, are you there? I'm expecting a certain number of extraordinary gentlemen?"

kipling
03-31-2008, 08:49 AM
A pretty woman stands there, in the railway yard. Her hair is curled and tucked back, her dress surprisingly slim given the times. She obviously has money but is not at pains to display it. Her breath hangs before her, mist in the cold air.

drfeck
03-31-2008, 09:22 AM
"Hello there! Pleased to meet you! I am Sir Jason Blood...at your service..."

He kisses her hand, politely.

Ballzy1
03-31-2008, 09:55 PM
"Pleasure to make your acquaintance ma'am. My friends and I are hoping we can assist you in any way needed."

Super bows gently towards the lady and smiles.

BlaqueSaber
03-31-2008, 11:57 PM
"I should think that a woman such as your self wouldn't be out on a night as dark as this without an escort ma'am." -Azrael.

nijineko
04-01-2008, 05:51 AM
"Such fine gentlemen," she responds, blushing slightly. "I should be most pleased to have such able escorts." She withdraws her other hand, empty, from a pretty handbag, and shifts her parasol from her wrist to over her shoulder. "I am Ms. Lane, Margot Lane."
{ooc: pronounced with a silent 't'}

"Arrangements have been made in a comfortable hotel for those who wish to rest. There is a hack awaiting your pleasure. I will be pleased to make myself presentable after you are settled in, to answer any questions you may have. Are you tired? It is still night over in Brittian, is it not? Have you eaten? We can break fast together, if you like...." She extends her hand, ready to take the arm of whomever will offer it.

Her voice is warm, sultry, and just slightly lower than you would expect. She has a delicate scent of jasmine about her, contrasting strongly with the smell of hot metal and oil. Her eyes are large, and dark. Slightly at odds with her feminine manner and speech, her gaze is direct and forthright.

drfeck
04-02-2008, 09:06 AM
Blood gladly takes her offered arm.

"That sounds wonderful Miss Lane, but I must absolutely insist that you call me Jason..."

He quickly catches the eye of Super Soul as he walks with the young lady...

(OOC-Sense Motive +10, Super Soul have any feelings about Blood escorting one Miss Lane?)

BlaqueSaber
04-02-2008, 01:23 PM
Azrael joins the pack, but crosses around the back of the hack to sit behind the driver. He wants to distance him self from this new beauty who he'd personally classify as a "beast" based on how strong her mind is.

nijineko
04-02-2008, 02:40 PM
As everyone is walking to the hack...

"The boss will be there when you need him, or so he instructed me to inform you, thus I'm afraid that you'll only have what little I know to draw upon."

She speaks to the hack driver, "To the hotel, Moe. Thank you." "Yes, Ma'am, right away," he replies.

"Are there any special arrangements that you gentlemen may need?"

Ballzy1
04-02-2008, 07:53 PM
Super Soul chuckles at his new smooth talking friend Jason as he makes his way to the hack. "A hearty breakfast sounds good to me after that journey, and perhaps over breakfast we can talk some more."

spotlight
04-03-2008, 06:27 PM
Mr. Disney grins broadly and boyishly at the young lady and extends his hand in greeting, introducing himself. He heads towards the hack, while entertaining the thoughts of whistfully deciding he had married to young.

He looks back toward the trolly and tries to remember if European rails were the same size as American rails.

The rail thin fellow dressed in yellow stretches out a hand (ONLYSLIGHTLY!!!) to the hack driver in a friendly manner, hoping to start a interrgating tyoe of conversation with the man, "I 'ave ner' been to Boston, my good fellow. I do 'ope you are well indowed with all the best ale 'ouses about."

OOC: I hope my attempt a an English brouge is anywhere accurate.

kipling
04-04-2008, 08:56 AM
The man looks at the hand and nods. "I am, sir. You'll find the Nottingham Hotel adequate in that regard." He swerves to avoid a puddle of slush. "A deep one, if you go into it, but this road's the fastest way to the hotel, and I don't want you gentlemen standing on queue any longer than you have to." Despite the man's words, his voice is lower-class, and his red-brown muttonchops hide much of his face.

At the hotel, there are two men in the lobby, waiting for you. One is rotund with a balding pate and thick black moustaches; the other is younger, maybe in his twenties, in a suit obviously not his. It doesn't fit right. He's a weathered, hardened man, but polite and obviously uncomfortable.

"Miss Lane," says the round gentleman. "We've been waiting for you."

"G'day," mumbles the other man.

"This is the gentleman you asked me to bring. I am Robert Pitt. Shall we retire into the lounge and lunch? I expect your friends are hungry from their long journey."

The other man says, "No ships have come in." He looks puzzled. "You've come from New York by rail?"

OOC: No matter the quality of anybody's brogue, it's fine if we're all having fun.

drfeck
04-04-2008, 09:22 AM
The other man says, "No ships have come in." He looks puzzled. "You've come from New York by rail?"

"Well...by rail car anyways..." Jason says, sharing a private joke with the others...

nijineko
04-04-2008, 03:44 PM
Ms. Lane dimples at the comment.

Ballzy1
04-04-2008, 07:14 PM
"Yeah - it was a Super trip!" Super Soul jokes. "Great to make your acquaintance gentlemen." Super Soul follows the men towards the lounge.

kipling
04-07-2008, 09:10 AM
The lunch is sumptuous--almost as good as a fine restaurant in England. (Mr. Disney thinks it is as good, but the rest of the Englishmen agree that nothing could be quite equal to English food.)

The younger gentleman is Mr. Bentham, and his testimony is simple. They were making about eight knots. There were some whitecaps because there was a bit of a breeze; they were in international waters on the second day of the voyage. It was about sunset when one of the men said there was a whale nearby. "It must have been a whale," Mr. Bentham says, "but I never seen it come up. It was huge, though." The sunlight had just gotten under the cloud cover and the red rays were dancing on the wave--when the ship shuddered, then groaned. "The poor buggers--excuse me, miss--the jaspers in the boiler room were right dead. I was on the deck, swabbing. The captain likes things clean, you know--and I ran for the lifeboats to let them down. I met the executive there."

While they were wrestling with the first boat, the lookout called that the whale was coming back again. It moved faster than the ship, even when she was not breached. "The ship took a second hit and then she broke apart." The two halves sank quickly, in less than five minutes. "It's pretty shallow water there, less than a hundred feet. There we were, the exec and I, and he died of exposure in the lifeboat." A fishing ship on a late-season run took Mr. Bentham in and brought him to Boston.

BlaqueSaber
04-07-2008, 11:48 AM
Azrael sticks with the water and the bread. He isn't sure of the food being served and isn't hungry anyway. It occurs to him that he hasn't truly been hungry since they changed him.

"Have you ever experienced anything like this before or since?" "What of other shipmates on board you're various vessels?"

nijineko
04-07-2008, 03:00 PM
Ms. Lane murmurs sympathetically at various points in the story. "You must have feared for your very life, sir. My condolences to you and yours." She hesitantly pats his arm briefly.

Ballzy1
04-07-2008, 08:48 PM
Super notices Azrael not eating much of the delicious food that was prepared for them, and is happy to eat his share. "The long trip stirred up quite a hunger sirs."

Super takes a deep breath and exhales seemingly to fit even more food into his full belly.

With a comforting and understanding voice Super Soul asks, "If my friends and I were to visit the site of your fateful accident Mr. Bentham, would you be able to lead us back to where the ship went down?"

kipling
04-08-2008, 09:19 AM
"Have you ever experienced anything like this before or since?" What of other shipmates on board you're various vessels?"

Bentham thinks hard. "I've heard seafaring tales, o' course. The island that moves, the kraken that eats ships, and so on. I've never seen a whale move like that, and no one else I know has, either. If it's a squid, why did it ram us?" He looks down, then pushes his plate away.

Pitt says, "We have some few hours before you have to get on the boat. Things will be revealed after we leave port."

nijineko
04-08-2008, 12:18 PM
Ms. Lane looks at her fine gentlemen coquettishly over her tea, arching an elegant eyebrow. "Are there any questions or information you need from me before I return to New York? I regret that none of you will be able to accompany me...."

spotlight
04-08-2008, 05:55 PM
Mr. Disney is having a bit of trouble beleiving Mr. Bentham. It seems odd that only a swaby and the XO were the only ones to reach a life boat, (and the same one at that!). He echos the query about what happened to the other mates. He thinks to himself How did the fellow know the blocks in the boiler room were all killed? Several other statements do not add up either.

drfeck
04-09-2008, 08:29 AM
Could the man be lying...Jason was not sure...

(OOC-Sense Motive +10)

kipling
04-09-2008, 10:56 AM
Jason thinks the man is lying about something, but he's not sure which of the things in his story are lies.

kipling
04-10-2008, 10:19 AM
Bentham says, "We were in the middle of the open sea! We were three days outside of Rhode Island, we left port there, but we had to swing south to miss a storm that was in the sea. The fishing vessel that got me might have coordinates, but I don't."

He looks down again and up at all of you. "The boilers went just before the second ramming or at the same time, I can't tell you for sure. The XO was hurt by a piece of flying metal, and it took him a day and a half to die." He shakes his head slowly. "It was horrible, and fast: faster than I thought it would be. That...thing...was faster than I've seen a whale be, and I've served on whaling ships in my day. I thought moving to a steamship was the best thing that ever happened to me, but give me sails and rigging and wood now, something you can hold on to. Something that floats."

kipling
04-11-2008, 10:09 AM
Mr. Pitt looks at everyone around the table. "Gentlemen, a round of coffees or teas and then if you'll get ready to go? Mr. Bentham, you're free to go as soon as these gentlemen release you." To the company, he says confidentially, "He has not agreed to go on the Lincoln."

He steeples his fingers. "There is some concern for secrecy here, so if I might ask you not to go aboard in, uh, unusual ways. Just walk up the gangplank as if everything is normal. I'll make sure that your bags and trunks are on the boat; we have changes of clothes in what I think are the right sizes, if you didn't bring them along."

He checks the large pocket watch hanging from a chain on his waistcoat and blows out through his moustache. "We have three hours and...fifty-one minutes until the ship sets sail. It is a one hour drive to the port, given the current weather, possibly less for we have Max driving."

Ballzy1
04-11-2008, 10:30 AM
"Understandable Mr. Pitt. We won't draw any attention to ourselves." Super pulls himself away from the table and informs the team he is ready to go.

"We will get to the bottom of these tragedies good sirs." Super Soul says assuredly to their hosts.

nijineko
04-11-2008, 03:52 PM
"Well, I certainly enjoyed our time together, gentlemen. I will not be accompanying you on board, I have other engagements which I must attend to. " She delicately dabs at her lips with a napkin. "I wish you every hope of success, and for your safety." She turns to Jason, "And thank you for your escort, Mr... ah, I mean, Jason." She colors slightly.

BlaqueSaber
04-12-2008, 10:53 AM
"Thank you for you're escort Ms. Lane, I've never been much of a traveler <i'm more of a hunter> and fear I would still be lost in this city without you're guidance." Azreal gestures gentlemanly before turning to his compatriots .

"Blood," Azreal offers quietly. "...I ride with you."

spotlight
04-13-2008, 01:34 PM
Philip Disney conceeds the posibility of much confusion to the facts by Mr. Bentham, and tells the group he sees no need for continued attendance with the fellow.

On getting aboard the carriage, the fellow in yellow requests a short stop at an upscale liquor house, to purchase a pint or two of good American style stuffs for the trip. He figures plying various stooges with liquor for odd information is less expensive and more productive than cold cash.

After purchasing three small bottles of something called 'Good Kentuky Bourbon,' Mr. Disney is ready to go.

spotlight
04-13-2008, 02:28 PM
Once aboard the boat, Mr. Disney will request the Mate bring navigational charts (maps) to a ward room, with the Captains permision, of course. I would immagine that the Cap. is busy with the getting under way, after greeting us.

Upon getting together in the wrd room, Philip suggest they do their best to narrow down the search area. Calculating the reported eight knots in three days puts a line on the charts at well over Five hundred fifty N. miles.

This would put the ship at the far edge of the Gulf stream and possibly past that. Then marking the aproximate cordinates of the fishing boat's pick up ... less two days northward drift. (marking another line)

This leaves ten thousand or more square miles of search area. "And well outside the usual whaling areas," quips Mr. Disney. Under his breath he continues, "Maybe we will get lucky and witness an actual attack."

drfeck
04-13-2008, 09:34 PM
"And thank you for your escort, Mr... ah, I mean, Jason." She colors slightly.

Jason will once again kiss her hand.

"I fear every moment at sea will a lifetime away from your charming company, my dear."

drfeck
04-13-2008, 09:36 PM
"Blood," Azreal offers quietly. "...I ride with you."

"Er...yes...quite..." said Jason, a little put off by the strange man.

kipling
04-14-2008, 08:39 AM
(OOC: I had planned to skip ahead to the third day, but I will on Wednesday. Time to tell you what Pitt thinks is going on.)

Late on the first night out, Mr. Pitt calls you all to the captain's cabin. He looks slightly greenish--"First couple of days I always have a touch of seasickness"--but calls everyone together. One of the mates is there to run errands, but otherwise you are alone.

Pitt belches, looks uncomfortable for a moment, then swallows hard and begins.

"This ship is equipped with such scientific equipment as to make it an irresistable target. We have made this known through the usual channels: it has leaked out. We hope to entice the monster in this way.

"What has been secret to only myself and the captain until now is that this ship is equipped with some other, hidden, things. If the monster is alive, there is a harpoon cannon. If the monster is some construction of man or beast, there are twelve-inch guns fore and aft, and the belowdecks part of the hull is sheathed in steel. This ship also has you, gentlemen. We expect to be attacked. We expect the monster to come; we have made the ship as attractive as possible. The steel slows us down mightily: we make eight knots an hour instead of twelve--but given that the monster seems to attack by ramming, we thought it a reasonable precaution."

He waves away a cigar; Mr. Pitt seems to have no stomach for such things tonight.

"I am sorry that the American member of our band of Wonders seems not to have made it, but you gentlemen should do fine." He looks around. "Questions?"

drfeck
04-14-2008, 12:52 PM
"I am sorry that the American member of our band of Wonders seems not to have made it, but you gentlemen should do fine." He looks around. "Questions?"

"Does your crew have an escape plan? I belive we should be fine if worse comes to worse...but worring about the safety of the men may complicate things..."

kipling
04-14-2008, 01:49 PM
"We have sufficient life boats," says Mr. Pitt. "That should be sufficient in case of an emergency. Further, there is a second ship leaving one day behind us which will follow our original course."

BlaqueSaber
04-14-2008, 08:38 PM
"How many of the men on board can we count on to assist us if needs be?" "Will they follow orders given to them that are not from the captain or the XO?"

Azrael wants to know in advance if he'll be able to count on the crew to follow orders, or if they'll have to be dealt with as well.

kipling
04-15-2008, 09:15 AM
"Your pardon, sir, but we don't know you. To that end, the crew will obey you, except where it will damage the ship or if we're in an emergency situation," says Captain Charles Hawkewood. "So you can order them around if we're not in an emergency.

"What I'll do, and I'll tell the current shift and have the XO tell the crew this in the morning, is that I'll issue orders that every man shall have an armband--we have some orange cloth that will do. In an emergency, any man who can be spared will put on his armband. Then you'll be able to tell who's gainfully at work and who will obey an order, all right? If your order involves rerouting men at work, you'll have to talk to whoever's in charge: the head of that detail, the bosun, the XO, or myself."

nijineko
04-15-2008, 12:23 PM
A crew-member, a steward by the looks, approaches Mr. Blood and says quietly, "Excuse me Mr. Blood, but someone was seen leaving your cabin, when you were not there... A cloaked figure, with an unsettling chuckle. We could find no trace of him when we searched."

drfeck
04-15-2008, 12:33 PM
A cloaked figure, with an unsettling chuckle. We could find no trace of him when we searched."

"Thank you steward, Im going to take a look." Jason said.

Hmmm...could this be our absent friend?...he thinks to himself.

He begins to head down to his cabin, once he finds out where that is.

kipling
04-15-2008, 01:10 PM
You all know where your cabins are, because you've already been there -- this is the night of the first day.

The Abraham Lincoln looks like a freighter: she doesn't have the amenities of a passenger ship; there's no pool or tennis courts. But there is a mess for the supercargo (that would be you blokes), and there are a few deck chairs (not that you would want to use them in January). (In fact, the harpoon gun is hidden behind a mound of deck chairs on the bow.) She has guns, but they're belowdecks in order to simulate the appearance. The guns can fire from where they are or in ten minutes can be winched up to the surface of the deck. If fired from belowdecks, the angle is extremely limited, but it might keep an enemy occupied while the other gun is winched up.

Because there aren't any supercargo besides yourselves, you each have your own small stateroom, with two beds (complete with three drawers) and a wardrobe.

The deck is gray. The forecastle is white, the ship itself is gray and black.

There is a crew's mess as well. The ship holds about a hundred people normally but currently holds fifty-five, room being used for the guns.

Ballzy1
04-15-2008, 05:22 PM
"It is getting late and I assume you all would like to retire to your rooms. I do think we must keep watch though and I will take first watch to make sure the Lincoln remains safe."
Super stands at attention - showing his friends that he will let no harm come to them tonight.

kipling
04-16-2008, 08:15 AM
Two questions: First, four hour watches in sync with the ship's bells?

Second, will Super Soul fly around the ship at all, now that the ship is out of sight of land? I mean, not fly about the place, but in the area of the ship.

Ballzy1
04-16-2008, 04:35 PM
ooc: yeah - i would like to fly about the ship out of site as i can be. Also will be really using my super senses Listening each turn as needed also to listen for anything approaching.

spotlight
04-16-2008, 05:00 PM
OOC: Well, this seems to be going along nicely, not much for Philip Disney to attend to ....

BIC: Having satisfied himself there would be little to do for a day or two, Mr. Disney spends his free time wandering about the ship, talking to whom ever seemed available (as in not harrowingly busy), sticking his 'nose' into every noke and cranny, as well as sharing all the current ship gossip.

His 'mystrey' sence ever alert, he befriends all shipmates about.

He does worry a bit that the Lincoln was acctually outfitted and sent out to be a target. Knowing that putting in guns takes a few months, it is curious that he had not heard of any other attacks.

Such a media black out that even himself had been in the dark?

drfeck
04-17-2008, 08:50 AM
Jason will spend a lot of time working in his cabin, but when he is finsihed he will attempt to summon his fellow league members to the captin's cabin for dinner...with the captin's premisson of course.

BlaqueSaber
04-17-2008, 09:46 AM
Azrael has decided that he's spent far to much time dressed in civilian clothing. While he can't armor up and attack the upper decks with sword (for practice) without scaring the crew half to death and possibly drawing pistol fire he can spend the remaining time before dinner in his quarters in silent Kata.

kipling
04-17-2008, 12:12 PM
No one sees anything untoward in their watches: a pelican, a few other seabirds. The seas are grey, the waves of medium height. It's winter, after all.

According to the reports, the monster has always attacked within an hour of dusk or dawn.

Mr. Disney's nose is twitching uncontrollably. How did the monster find the ships? Why has there been no news of it for a year?

At the second night's dinner in the officers mess, Jason unveils what he has been working on.

drfeck
04-17-2008, 02:53 PM
As every one is sitting at the table and enjoying the meal, Jason rings his glass to get everyone's attension.

"Gentlemen, thank you for coming..." he starts, pulling a package from under the tabel, as well as several envolopes.

"I have been working on this for some time now, and I belive it will help us track the so-called 'creature' once it attacks."

He pulls out a small talisman that has a rotating pentagram within it, almost like a snowglobe. There is a length of cord at the end.

"This cord..." he says, holding it up, "...is detactable." He toches the cord to a plate, and it disconnects on its own.

The cord sticks to the plate of its own accord, and everyone's eyes seem to slide off of it. It does not become invisble, its just that no one wants to pay attension to it.

"Now the talisman can find the plate where ever it goes. More detailed information can be gained by squeezing the tailsman."

Sure enough, the pentagram moves inside the snowglobe-construct to wherever the plate is, even when Jason moves it about. He then removes the cord and reconnects it to the talisman.

"There is another...smaller matter." He says. He looks upset and embarssed as he says it, takes a breath, and continues on.

He hands out sealed envolpes to everyone, including the captin.

"The poem inside is only to be said in the direst of emegency. Do not speak it aloud around me at any other time."

He looks at everyone, attempting to convey the seriousness of what he is saying. "Please do not expermient with it now."

If the letter is opened and examined, it only says a short phrase...

'Gone, gone the form of man...

...Rise the Demon, Etrigan!'

kipling
04-18-2008, 08:33 AM
Dusk, the third day. Mr. Disney is on watch. His nose starts twitching even before the lookout says, "Whale, I think. A mile that way. Moving incredibly fast."

The gray waves are not very high: their tops are not white--tinged with red, from the setting sun--and the breeze is slight, just enough to blow away the smoke from the boilers. At first glance, the whale or whatever looks like it will miss the ship, but then you remember that the ship is moving too. Impact is--it's moving so fast--five minutes or less. That monster is doing sixty knots or so, underwater; we're doing eight, Mr. Disney thinks.

Up on the bridge, the captain sets his jaw. "He's committed now; he's moving too fast to change his mind. We're going to collide." He blows the emergency whistle: Two shorts and a long.

Crewmembers throw down the deck chairs that hide the harpoon gun. A man scrambles to get in place so he can get a shot. Other men scramble belowdecks to get to the cannons; you hear the bosun say, "No time to crank them up. Shoot from there if you can."

A few men put on orange armbands. Others are waiting by guns, by lifeboats, by controls.

nijineko
04-18-2008, 03:01 PM
A low, sinister voice a short distance away from and behind Mr. Disney says, "The men belowdecks should be instructed to evacuate upon a moments notice. At the speed with which that approaches, even this vessel will suffer damage. The loss of life may be great otherwise...."

A stooped and weather-wrinkled sailor in all black with an orange armband stands there. He is watching the approaching 'monster' along with Mr. Disney. The sailor glances at Mr. Disney, and for a split second, seems to project an incredible feeling of *presence*. Surely, this is the 'missing' American member. The moment ends, and a bland and unremarkable sailor squints at the remarkable sight of the approaching 'monster'.

The sailor drawls in a voice used to cutting through high winds, "Ah'm right worri't 'bout that there beastie... T'ain't nat'ral, notta bit, bless me bones."

{@Kipling: The Shadow stretches his senses to the limit, seeking a weakness, any hint of evil, any useful information at all.}

spotlight
04-20-2008, 02:57 PM
OOC: Sorry for being out a couple days, a small on the bottom of my foot always puts a diabetic under his doctors watchful eye.

BIC: Disney looks in the direction the sailor indecated and soon spoted the dark form splitting the water. The strange voice near him brought his attention back. Then he shouted down the tube, excitedly, "Object sighted, all hands attend, prepare for attack!"

Philip knew that last comment was probably out of order, legally and technicly, but he gave it with authority anyway. He hoped at least some saliors would jump to it, before the Captain blew his cool.

He then turned to the sailor on watch with him. "Go down and attend to whatever other duties you may have for this situation, I am better prepared to handle the watch with this thing approaching." He knew he could escape to another part of the ship much quicker the sailor, due to his unique abilities. He took a quick swig from a small flask of his special serum, just in case.

Ballzy1
04-20-2008, 04:01 PM
Super hears Disney's call and quickly reports to deck and readies himself to prevent the impact about to occur.

"Well this is what we are here for and I for one am ready to stop whatever or whoever is doing this!" yells Super Soul

ooc: Do the passengers aboard understand are abilities? Are we trying to avoid them knowing or can I fly out to the incoming target and try to intercept?

kipling
04-21-2008, 10:38 AM
OOC: At this stage, with the monster attacking, your group doesn't care if the crew knows about your abilities. You were keeping the abilities largely unobtrusive until now in case you were being watched (that is, you took off and landed very fast, Mr. Disney didn't stretch (much) on deck, Azrael stayed largely out of costume on deck, and so forth), but the crew could know.

Once the monster is committed, all bets are off. You can display your powers all you want.

Dusk makes it generally -2 for skill rolls, -1 for attack rolls.

Shadow: you sense something evil from the monster, even from here.

kipling
04-21-2008, 01:40 PM
Even with super-speed, it takes Super Soul nearly a minute to reach the deck. Jason Blood is behind him, talisman in hand. Mr. Disney is up on the crow's nest, taking the place of the lookout.

The monster is now less than three minutes away. It's difficult to make out in this light, but you can see something breaking the water--a dorsal fin, maybe fifteen feet high and as wide as two men--and the body beneath the surface. The keen-eyed among you might spot something (OOC: DC 15 on a Notice check) and the dorsal fin submerges. The monster sinks lower into the green-gray depths of the sea.

Ballzy1
04-21-2008, 08:33 PM
Super launches into flight and appears to hover directly in the path of the beast.

"Looks like our beastie here just hatched to little buddies and there coming right for us!" Super yells to the team

"Think I might try to FREEZE them in their tracks, with a little arctic wind of my own!"

Super Soul then inhales deeply, faces the oncoming 3 enemies and exhales, delivering a furious cold blast of breath directly at them.

ooc: If successful I want to land back at the boat and await my teams next move

drfeck
04-22-2008, 08:36 AM
Jason runs behind Super Soul, yelling at him as he runs against the spary of the sea and thrashing of the boat.

"SIR! I say there, Super Soul! You must use the talisman on the creature! You are the only one of us who has the best chance to do it!"

OCC:

Iniative

drfeck
04-22-2008, 08:48 AM
OOC: Jason got a 15 or a 16 on the Notice check; since SuperSoul has called it out anyway, I will reveal it to everyone, though if you don't make the roll, you don't see it yourself.

Those who made the roll see two smaller shapes detach themselves from the larger monster, and still headed for the ship.

EDIT: Aaagh! I edited Drfeck's post instead of quoting it. My apologies, Doctor, and I'll try to figure out what I did wrong so I don't do it again.

kipling
04-22-2008, 08:59 AM
OOC: SuperSoul can travel at speeds up to 2500 miles an hour; the monster is doing 60 knots. I won't do the calculus because I don't remember how. Anyway, he's about 400 times faster than the monsters. The monsters are about 3 miles away, so SuperSoul can get there in 1 round (I think we'll have to have SuperSoul and the monsters roll initiative, then SuperSoul can roll the attack. His Initiative is only +1 because he can't use the Superspeed while flying. If SuperSoul's Initiative is higher than Jason's 5, he hasn't heard Jason and he's taken off.)

OOC: Mama monster rolls for initiative.

OOC: Baby monster rolls for initiative.

OOC: Remember, its total defense of 15 to freeze either the babies or the mama monster, and defense (difficulty) 20 to get them both.

kipling
04-22-2008, 12:11 PM
OOC: Shadow, you sense three evil souls from the big monster and an indeterminate number of weak ones--ten or twenty of those. (Does it bear live young? Is it pregnant? Is it a giant whopping machine?)

kipling
04-22-2008, 03:23 PM
OOC: Whoops, drfeck just pointed something out to me:

I thought you did not need to roll to hit with area effect attacks-just the target needs reflex save.

There's no problem with SuperSoul freezing a large area, but will it catch the monsters? So I'll roll right now:

Mama monster is moving swifly, but might not escape a Reflex save with a DC of 20.

Baby monster 1 is moving swifly, but might not escape a Reflex save with a DC of 20.

Baby monster 2 is moving swifly, but might not escape a Reflex save with a DC of 20.

So the biggest monster has escaped, but the other two are frozen in the huge block of ice that SuperSoul has created.

nijineko
04-22-2008, 03:42 PM
The Shadow abandons his scrutiny of the smaller monsters, and instead focuses on the larger one which is still closing with the ship. With a flickering motion a black cloak is pulled from a hidden location and swirled around him, simultaneously attaching a black floppy hat upon his head, attaching a red scarf about his face, and sending the orange band flying off into the breeze. He no longer looks anything like a stooped and weathered sailor. Except for the blood-red splash of color across the lower half of his face, he now looks like a shadow risen up to stand.

{using the quick change feat/disguise skill as a move action, and sensing for weakness against the larger monster as a standard action, i'm thinking that i'd better appear as one of the league in case i need to start giving instructions.}

spotlight
04-22-2008, 04:58 PM
Phillip Disney is useing the tube to call down to the control room all the actions out at sea as he can. At least the Captain and the Bridge crew will be aware of some of the actions.

"The big one lowered its dorsal fin and seemed to go under water, it still approaches at near sicty knots. 'Soul' reports two smaller objects also charging," (short pause), "A huge sheet of ice has blocked the two small things, but thing large one is still approaching. I saw no sign of smoke stacks, so I am not sure whether they are beasts or machines yet."

He continues giving move by move descriptions, carefully NOT revealing the sorces of extraordinary 'things', for now anyway.

Mr. Disney is distracted for a moment with the change of this shadowy figure next to him, his nose twichted slightly that direction for a sec.

Philip elongated his face a bit, to make his eyes farther apart, thinking it might help him get better ranging on the ... thing at sea. (this would be an untrained skill, I think, as I just thought of it a moment ago). Agsin he turned to the com tube, "Captain, I do not think the harpon will be of effect in this case. Recomend reassigning that crew and consentrate on the guns as our primary."

"Also, as the creature has sumerged, I hope our bottom armour is sufficeint."

Turning to the Shadow near him, the Elongated One asks, putting his hand over the tube, "Say, can you figure a way to make that thing (pointing at the monster) miss our kell? I would say lighten the load, but that would take time."

nijineko
04-22-2008, 05:36 PM
The Shadow thinks quickly... "Is SuperSoul or another able to lift this ship? If not the entire ship, at least tilt it up sufficently for the dorsal fin to miss. Orcas use the same technique of ramming enemies with their dorsal fins."

Ballzy1
04-22-2008, 10:57 PM
Super turns to the Shadow and exclaims, "I am a little out of breath, but I will see if I can give us a little lift."

Super flies below and puts his broad shoulders under the hull of the vessel and with all his strength tries to lift the ship up just enough to be clear of the oncoming beast.

kipling
04-23-2008, 09:32 AM
SUMMARY of Round 1:

Upon the cries of the lookout and Mr. Disney, wonders hurry to the decks, and seamen prepare for battle. Deck chair covers are thrown aside, and the bosun makes the snap decision that there won't be enough time to crank up the guns on one side (but the crew will still crank up the cannon on the far side of the ship from the monster, which will take about 5 minutes, even though the monster is about 3 minutes away.)

SuperSoul is off to the monster before Jason can remind him about the talisman, and he's moving so fast that he never hears Jason's comment.

A low, sinister voice a short distance away from and behind Mr. Disney says, "The men belowdecks should be instructed to evacuate upon a moments notice. At the speed with which that approaches, even this vessel will suffer damage. The loss of life may be great otherwise...."

A stooped and weather-wrinkled sailor in all black with an orange armband stands there. He is watching the approaching 'monster' along with Mr. Disney. The sailor glances at Mr. Disney, and for a split second, seems to project an incredible feeling of presence. Surely, this is the 'missing' American member. The moment ends, and a bland and unremarkable sailor squints at the remarkable sight of the approaching 'monster'.

The sailor drawls in a voice used to cutting through high winds, "Ah'm right worri't 'bout that there beastie... T'ain't nat'ral, notta bit, bless me bones."

The Shadow has sensed three evil souls in the direction of the monster, and twenty or so weak ones. He moves, swiftly, to a hidden location to get his cloak.

Azrael, in full armour, is on the decks as well, watching.

SuperSoul arrives at the site of the monster to see it diving low, but it has let go of two smaller monsters, headed at sixty knots or so for the Abraham Lincoln. He immediately freezes a section of the ocean with his super-breath but the ice catches only the two smaller monsters, which explode. Fragments of ice fly everywhere, red in the setting sun, and the huge chunk of ice that SuperSoul has created lolls to one side and shudders before splitting in two.

SUMMARY, Round 2:

The Shadow is in full regalia now, and returns to the deck.

Mr. Disney, Azrael, and Jason Blood are watching as SuperSoul returns.

Phillip Disney is useing the tube to call down to the control room all the actions out at sea as he can. At least the Captain and the Bridge crew will be aware of some of the actions.

"The big one lowered its dorsal fin and seemed to go under water, it still approaches at near sicty knots. 'Soul' reports two smaller objects also charging," (short pause), "A huge sheet of ice has blocked the two small things, but thing large one is still approaching. I saw no sign of smoke stacks, so I am not sure whether they are beasts or machines yet."

He continues giving move by move descriptions, carefully NOT revealing the sorces of extraordinary 'things', for now anyway.

Mr. Disney is distracted for a moment with the change of this shadowy figure next to him, his nose twichted slightly that direction for a sec.

Philip elongated his face a bit, to make his eyes farther apart, thinking it might help him get better ranging on the ... thing at sea. (this would be an untrained skill, I think, as I just thought of it a moment ago). Agsin he turned to the com tube, "Captain, I do not think the harpon will be of effect in this case. Recomend reassigning that crew and consentrate on the guns as our primary."

"Also, as the creature has sumerged, I hope our bottom armour is sufficeint."

Turning to the Shadow near him, the Elongated One asks, putting his hand over the tube, "Say, can you figure a way to make that thing (pointing at the monster) miss our keel? I would say lighten the load, but that would take time."

Super turns to the Shadow and exclaims, "I am a little out of breath, but I will see if I can give us a little lift."

Super flies below and puts his broad shoulders under the hull of the vessel and with all his strength tries to lift the ship up just enough to be clear of the oncoming beast.

__________________

kipling
04-23-2008, 09:35 AM
SuperSoul's efforts appear to have no effect. (OOC: You have three minutes before the thing arrives, or 30 turns; the ship weighs about 7,000 pounds and SuperSoul, exhausted, can't lift that much: he can lift only about a thousand pounds.)

(OOC: And current Initiatives are:

SuperSoul: 21
Azrael: 19
Jason Blood: 16
Elongated One: ?
Shadow: ?
Captain and Crew: 9
Monster: 6
)

drfeck
04-23-2008, 10:18 AM
"Will someone use the tailsman...please!" Jason calls out. He moves to hand someone who he thinks has a good chance of putting the talisman on the monster.

(OOC-Jason yelled out last round, and if SS has super-hearing he might have heard him say that. Assuming SS flies out of the water and back on the deck of the ship, Jason will give it to him.)

spotlight
04-23-2008, 06:34 PM
OOC: I am supposing that Jason is not near the look out post (crows nest), But is the Shade, er .. Imean the Shadow still there?

"I can help with that," Phillip shouts back toward Jason, "But someone else must man this post!" Disney elongates one hand to Jason reaches for the 'beads'. (Teamwork Feat?)

After retriveing the talsiman, he un-streches and waits a second to see who is willing to relive him. Whether any comes or not the Elongated Man will reach for the railing of the lowest visible deck and after grabbing hold, reverses himself to that point. Getting an Idea, he reaches for the prow of the ship, leting the rushing water suck his hand down under, until it encounters Sup's, hoping the fellow will recognize that as a message to come up.

This partial dunking would also allow Mr. Disney to see how he'd fare in the frigied waters.

Despit any cold draw backs, Phillip prepares to reach into the water again as the monster approaches.

nijineko
04-23-2008, 06:46 PM
The Shadow willingly takes the post, and takes up the narrative, if somewhat sparsely-concentrating on important details, mindful of his voice. He wonders if pushing the ship to speed it out of the way might not have been a more productive suggestion to SuperSoul.

Ballzy1
04-23-2008, 07:23 PM
Super notices a strange hand reaching under signaling him to quit trying to lift the vessel and return to the deck.

Super looking a little frustrated returns to the deck with his comrades.
"Sorry all - not quite the same as the rail car I guess!" he explains.

"Any ideas - friends?" Super asks the team. Super Soul stands firmly at the rail making sure his friend the Elongated Man does not get pulled in while awaiting the beast.

drfeck
04-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Jason is revealived when Mr Disney took the tailsman...with his abilites he could attach the tailsman to the huge monster very subtly.

"Excellent Mr Disney. If you could take the other part of the tailsman..." He puts the remaining part of the tailsman around Super Soul's neck.

"...you would be abel to track the creature if it gets away by following the pentagram-compass."

With any luck his other half would not be needed at all.

(OOC-please do not confuse Jason's feelings with my own. I will be looking for any excuse to get the Demon out there-but if somone else want to use the Rhyme, player or GM-more power to ya! Just give a good RP reason.)

spotlight
04-24-2008, 05:56 PM
Mr. Disney eyes Super Soul a moment. "Yew look a bit beat, 'eh Mate? Rest a spat while we figure another way to avoid gettin' whacked. By the way, did you see how the little ones popped?" Phillip looks out to the on rushing creature, estimating the best time to strech down into the water and touch the Talisman to the monster.

spotlight
04-24-2008, 06:42 PM
OOC: Sorry, the library comp timer cut me off. Here are the things I think I need to roll for my actions.

FEAT; Assessment, to determine the best time and angle to attach the Talisman, Gather Info(+10), Investigate (+15), Notice (+11), I was going to add Int bonus but I forgot to look it up.

A.P. Elongation, to actually try it!! P8, Dex(+2), Acrobatics(+9)it is under moving water, Sliet of Hand (+9), Stealth(+12).

And to keep from being swept away, Snare 10 reversible.

I have to let our 'beloved' GM decide if I have set this up right, plus I do not yet got the hang of this die roller we've got. When I learn how to snag it to my posts ....

kipling
04-25-2008, 10:08 AM
OOC: The assessment tells you that the monster is not as dextrous as you are, but better in the water. Something of its size would have to lack some dexterity. It is more than the size of two tennis fields.

A spot appears in the sky, grows. Super Soul and the Shadow can tell it is a man. It will be here next round. The monster will be hear in 20 rounds or so: a little less, a little more.

Wolvenone
04-25-2008, 11:54 AM
OOC I don't expect my action to impact anybodies actions so even if I'm early no big. If it doesn't work talk to me about it.

Atom moves straight down on the monster into water corkscrewing around it (Assessment for me to.) Touching it looking for anything that might identify it is a mutant whale or a sub maybe whatever. After that moving straight to the ship.

nijineko
04-25-2008, 07:57 PM
The Shadow covers the communication tube, "SuperSoul, perhaps increasing or suddenly decreasing the speed of the boat unexpectedly with a push from the front or rear, in concert with the Captain control of the ship, might be more beneficial after all... which do you think best? Or is there another course, anyone?"

drfeck
04-25-2008, 08:16 PM
"We should prepare the crew to abanden ship. That way, we can deal with the monster without worring about them..." Jason says

kipling
04-27-2008, 11:54 AM
OOC I don't expect my action to impact anybodies actions so even if I'm early no big. If it doesn't work talk to me about it.

Atom moves straight down on the monster into water corkscrewing around it (Assessment for me to.) Touching it looking for anything that might identify it is a mutant whale or a sub maybe whatever. After that moving straight to the ship.

Major, assessment tells you it's a sub...probably. And a big and fast one; in an era where warships do about 18 knots, this is doing 50, underwater.

kipling
04-27-2008, 11:55 AM
The Shadow covers the communication tube, "SuperSoul, perhaps increasing or suddenly decreasing the speed of the boat unexpectedly with a push from the front or rear, in concert with the Captain control of the ship, might be more beneficial after all... which do you think best? Or is there another course, anyone?"

The Captain can be heard through the tube barking orders. You suspect he will go along with this rather more than the idea of abandoning ship; he seems like a "captain goes down with his ship" kind of fellow.

Crewmen have the big harpoon gun in place.

Wolvenone
04-28-2008, 08:39 AM
Upon the Majors arrival at the ship he immediately makes or the bridge. At the bridge He removes his hood and pulls the collar down reveling his silvery visage he says to the captain. "Captain, Major Atom reporting. Permission to come aboard sir." He salutes the captain. Turning to the Shadow "His lordship Maxwell sent me, I think I can lift the ship. Unless you have a better plan sir?"

Split my Dynamic between flight and super str and I lift quite a bit more than 7000 lbs unless Kipling has other things in mind. Atom after is obliged to obey the captain and the League members on site until he knows the situation s well as they do.

kipling
04-28-2008, 09:39 AM
OOC: I do indeed have other things in mind. However, for an in-game explanation, let's say that you spent your time trying to catch up to the monster and move it, and it weighs considerably more than 7,000 tons.

nijineko
04-28-2008, 03:28 PM
{ooc: did he mean the monster-ship, or our ship?}

Ballzy1
04-28-2008, 07:39 PM
"I agree Shadow. Perhaps you can call it out on your mark - the captain can give it all shes got and myself and the Major can give us a boost and try to remove us from the path of this thing!"

Super waves to Major Atom and motions him to fly to the back of the boat!

"Ready to give this vessel a little push Major!"

kipling
04-28-2008, 09:20 PM
(OOC: This bit is GM Fiat; I gave everybody a hero point in the OOC thread today.)

The captain says, "Major Atom! Let us please do our jobs!" Atom returns to the deck.

The crewman manning the harpoon cannon waits, fires when the monster is a mile away. He either misses or the water above the monster causes the harpoon to bounce off the plates of the monster.

Working together, the crew reloads the cannon, and in eighteen seconds they are ready again. The harpoonist fires again, and the harpoon's barbs careen impotently off the monster.

Super Soul's words are lost. Major Atom flies into the water to push against the thing; Super Soul to the stern to push the Abraham Lincoln itself.

The monster is close now, so close you can see it for a submarine of some kind. The Abraham Lincoln pulls a draft of thirty feet, and the monster must be that deep. It might miss--both men are pushing in the dark water--

The Elongated One's arm plunges into the cold dark water to plant the talisman. (OOC: Attack roll to hit it.)

That's when the monster strikes the keel.

The entire ship creaks, shudders, and groans. Cracks appear in the metal sheathing surrounding the ship walls, and there are shouts from belowdecks. "It's water!"

"She's going to--"

Men rush up from belowdecks like a tide, and the seawater hits the boilers. The sound is deafening. (OOC: You're deaf as the crewmen are unless you make a DC 20 Fortitude save.)

Crewmen man the lifeboats and lower them from their davits, operating on instinct and training instead of thought. People are shouting but few are hearing them.

drfeck
04-29-2008, 12:58 PM
Jason grabs hold of some rigging, holding on for dear life-then the water hit the engines.

Fort Save


Reroll with hero point from his Luck Feat


Shaking his head clear of the ringing in his ears, he saw ship ready to sink, the men getting into the lifeboats, chaos all round...he knew what what this situation called for.

He just dreaded what could happen...

He cries out:

"Gone, gone the form of Man!

Rise the Demon...ETRIGAN!"

His body goes dark, and twists and turns as if reshaping itself.

Within moments, a yellow-skinned, red eyed, fin-eared creature with strange medievil garb and a ragged cape stands in Jason's place, laughing with an inhuman voice.

"Water crashing, boilers bursting, and sea monsters abound!

Once again Blood comes crying for his fearsome Hellhound!"

(OOC-let me know when Etrigan can act)

spotlight
04-29-2008, 04:51 PM
The Elongated Man's attack roll to place the talisman would be as follows att bonus +8 , Dex +2 Accrobatics +9 I was going to take ten this as I was waiting and timing the monster's approach. But since both ships are being jostled at the same time ... well it's slightly different now tain't it?

As for placing it unnoticed, that is still as before S.o' H. +9 and Stealth +12.

Please note that I must rely on our dear G.M. to roll for me, it seems the library comps get a little picky about what cookies it accepts. I think it is thier security protocals. Sorry guys.

Wolvenone
04-29-2008, 07:30 PM
"Aye, Aye sir." Before saluting the captain.

Since the Major has failed to prevent the crash. Pour on the speed, move straight toward the sub ramming speed. Split my array between flight and adsorption giving 8 ranks of flight and 3 absorp.

Slam I don't know the range Kipling please calc and roll for me if you would be so kind. I would like to move no more than 200 ft. but no less than 150 ft. if posable.

The major would "aim" for a flat spot. Hatch, conning tower, viewport, anything in a straight line with the part of the deck I leave from.

Hey Kipling would you rolling my save to I haven't figured out the Dice here yet.

nijineko
04-29-2008, 09:11 PM
Shadow Fort save

The Shadow shakes his head slightly, ears ringing, and expands his mental and spatial awareness. Carefully modulating his voice, he reports clearly and consicely the events through the speaking tube to the captain, also clearly explaining that the monster is an armored submersible vehicle of an unknown kind. He adds that his hearing has been overwhelmed by the explosion, so that he will not be able to hear the captain's reply.

The Shadow will have to rely on his trained abilites of recovery to overcome the deafness as soon as possible. For the moment the Shadow intends to stay at this post and will take one of the last lifeboats. If he should see the bridge crew evacuate, or if some other pressing concern should arise, he will deal with it then.




{ooc: for some reason when you click on the die button (last in the text options on the post screen) and input your roll, it adds quotation marks to the script. after you submit the roll in the pop-up window, and see the code in your post editor, delete the quotation marks and the roll will work. if you cannot see the code, then change your settings to not parse code in text automatically. here's a link that explains and shows exactly how to roll (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5432). hope this helps everyone who is still having trouble!}

Ballzy1
04-29-2008, 10:54 PM
SUPER FORT SAVE

Super Soul clasps his hands over his ears trying to shelter them from the deafening explosion. As he gains his senses he scans the area looking for anyone who might have fallen overboard planning to swoop down to the surface and lift them to one of the life boats.

ooc: Using +4 Extended Vision then +1 modifier to spot overboard passengers

SPOT CHECK

ooc: after trying to save overboard passengers if I spot - I am turning on the vessel and try and attack

kipling
04-30-2008, 08:27 AM
The Elongated One stretches his arm forward; the monster-cum-sub is so large that he should be able to do this, but it's moving so fast. He tries to place the talisman in such a way that no one inside the vessel can see.

And when the water hits the boilers, he stretches the other hand over both ears (OOC: Elongated Man Fort save).

In the time it takes the water to reach the boilers (OOC: a round), the sub has gone nearly 500 feet. Major Atom hears the explosion (OOC: Major Atom Fort save) but is flying to the conning tower (OOC: Attack roll) with the intent to slam into it.(OOC: Sub's Toughness;Atom's toughness)

(OOC: Sorry about that; did it wrong the first time.)

The talisman doesn't get a firm hold, the way that water is rushing over the sub, but the Elongated One manages to keep a grip on it. The entire scene is silent, for him, as he is deafened by the sound.

Major Atom, on the other hand, has heard worse than this on the battlefields of..of...it almost came to him, but then slipped away. He has dented the metal plates on the conning tower that looks like a great jagged fin. (OOC: I know it's farther than you said you wanted to go, but your movement will easily take you there.)

Super Soul has noticed a half-dozen bodies in the water. Moving quickly, skimming over the water himself, he gathers them up.

Etrigan leaps on the sub as soon as it comes up and lands on the conning tower.

(OOC: Sorry for the disjointed nature of the post; I got interrupted halfway through and had to come back to it.)

drfeck
04-30-2008, 01:42 PM
Landing on the tower, Etrigan begins to tear into the "monster's" hull, laughing as he attempted to burrow into the inside.

"What's this? No flesh? No bone? No sweet blood to drink?


Best to keep digging to find the sweetmeats within, methinks!"


(OOC-Etrigan will take a full round action to try to break through the ship's hull. Because he is breaking an inanimate object (the hull-not the ship itself), he can add his superstrength to his break attempt, and its thoughness save is automatically a 5 against a DC 35!)

kipling
04-30-2008, 04:00 PM
(OOC: Its Toughness save iresult is automatically 5+Toughness, against his damage, which means it has 15.)

Etrigan tears a plate off the conning tower. It falls into the ocean as Etrigan laughs. This is an area that is well-protected--they ram ships with it!--so he has not made the ship take on water yet.

(OOC: A slam unfortunately ignores the attacker's strength, so Major Atom only dented it. If he stays there, he can tear off plates too.)

Meanwhile, on the Abraham Lincoln, men come out of the bridge looking grave but hurrying. They move to the lifeboats and begin lowering them. From the speakers comes the captain's voice. "I am sad to say...abandon ship! Man the lifeboats!" He watches as the men go about their tasks. Some of the men are weeping.

kipling
05-01-2008, 06:13 PM
(OOC: Looking for responses for Super Soul (who has gotten everyone in the water into a lifeboat), the Elongated One, and the Shadow.)

Azrael helps men into the lifeboats.

Wolvenone
05-01-2008, 08:04 PM
I think that I will follow Etri's example and shift me array to str and rip and tare.

nijineko
05-01-2008, 08:46 PM
Seeing the bridge crew abandon ship, The Shadow will move to assist in loading the lifeboats. If the ship is still in range, he will first passively use his mental senses to memorize the mental signatures of the occupants, starting with the stronger ones, so as to be able to recognize them in the future.

Ballzy1
05-01-2008, 10:54 PM
Super Soul drops the last of the survivors he has found in the water and turns his full attention to the sub. With a look of anger that his friends have not seen, Super Soul flies full speed to the sub and begins ripping into the ships hull along with his allies, seeming to exact a little revenge for what it has done to their ship.

ooc: Could my heat vision be concentrated enough to cut through the hull without burning the hands of my partners?

kipling
05-02-2008, 09:40 AM
The Abraham Lincoln is taking on water. The Shadow memorizes the emotional signatures of the evil people on board.

Azrael, in the meanwhile, has gone to the bridge and found the captain. The captain has tears rolling down his cheeks but he says nothing, does nothing but stare out the window at the sub. Azrael hits him from behind, then catches his body before it lands on the listing deck. "This is for you as well as for us," he says softly, before hiking the body onto his shoulder.

On the sub, the three of you have made a man-sized hole in the conning tower.

drfeck
05-02-2008, 10:34 AM
Etrigan rips the hole big enough for him to enter. Ignoring the others, he enters the enemy ship and looks about.

"Little fish, little fish, were could you be?

"Come out now...and maybe I won't rip your heads free!"

(OOC-As a move action Etrigan enters and is looking around with his darkvison. As a standard action he is attempting to use his Intimidation on anyone there, and using the fascinate feat).

Notice Roll

Intimidate w/fascinate

Wolvenone
05-02-2008, 12:21 PM
Fly back to the ship to see if the others need a lift?

kipling
05-05-2008, 04:23 PM
(OOC: My apologies, but this will be quick.)

Inside the sub, Etrigan sees a stairwell going down, and a pipe at the one side, also leading down, about a foot in diameter. The stairwell is wooden and cylindrical, a spiral into the sub. The sub is slowing.

In the lifeboats over at the Abraham Lincoln, the Shadow senses that one of the evil signatures he noticed before is now heading toward him. He can see no one on the surface beyond those at the sub, now about five hundred feet away. There are three lifeboats down, now, and five ready to go in this round or so. The Abraham Lincoln seems to be sinking slowly--

--when there is another loud report, and the other set of boilers go.

(OOC: EDIT: Sorry, Wolvenone, we must have been writing at the same time. Yes, Atom can go back to the Abraham Lincoln and gather the Elongated One, the Shadow, and Azrael (or such of them as wants to come along). ...Actually, if the Shadow issues a warning, Azrael will stay, him not having PC aura today.)

drfeck
05-06-2008, 08:37 AM
Angry that no one was there to vent his rage on, Etrigan slides down the banniester of the spiral staircase, attemping to quickly find a target.

nijineko
05-06-2008, 06:54 PM
The Shadow will issue a warning of the approaching evil signature.

{ooc: what do i need to do in order to attempt to regain the hearing?}

Wolvenone
05-06-2008, 09:55 PM
I will heal anybody I can see that needs it. Both crew and us supers.

kipling
05-07-2008, 01:21 PM
OOC:


{ooc: what do i need to do in order to attempt to regain the hearing?}
Successful Con roll against difficulty 15 will do it, or a healing touch from Major Atom.Etrigan gets to the bottom of the spiral staircase, only to find a metal door, its corners rounded. Super Soul flies down to him--and then falls the rest of the way, waves of inexplicable weakness washing over him.

Unaware of that, back at the Abraham Lincoln, Major Atom has begun ministering to the wounded. Fortunately only three are seriously wounded by the boiler explosions, but those three are in bad shape. Another twenty or so are deaf, which he can fix but these three need to be tended to, and quickly.

The Elongated One is holding the lifeboats together so that they form a clump on the sea. "We better move away or the sinking ship will suck us down," says one sailor.

Azrael arrives at the last lifeboat with an unconscious captain and looks to see anyone else--there isn't, so he lowers the lifeboat.

The Shadow calls out that an evil entity is approaching the lifeboats.

drfeck
05-07-2008, 02:30 PM
Etrigan stops at the door...preapring to rip it the shreads...and then notices Super Soul landing hard besides him.

"Tis no time to sleep, foolish man!

Leave the ripping and tearing to Etrigan!"

He grabs Super Soul and tosses him back up the stairway, away from the door.

He then attempts to punch the metal door.

(OOC-Etrigan is throwing Super Soul away from the door, and he will attempt to attack the door, DC 25 to resist the damage. Next round, when he has a full round action free, he will attempt to do more damage-like he did on the side of the ship.)

kipling
05-07-2008, 02:54 PM
As Super Soul rises, the weakness fades, until at the peak of the throw, he is able to fly once again.

nijineko
05-07-2008, 04:57 PM
The Shadow will also board the last lifeboat, tracking the approaching evil... He probes the entity for weaknesses, a gun in one hand, the other bracing.

spotlight
05-07-2008, 05:46 PM
Seeing the Major attending to the injured, Mr. Disney looks about to see how he can help. The Elongated One decides the best he can do is make preasure bandages with his limbs, to staunch any bleeding of these three worst cases.

After taking the time to do that, Phillip looks toward the monster ship, to Notice +11 Super Soul's weakness as he is ejected from the ship.

OOC: I hope that came out correctly. I found the icon and haven't prcticed yet.

E.L. will wait till the 'ship' makes its next move before decicing what else he can do.

Well, I just did a preview and the 'roller'did not appear. I guess i'll have to go back and read the directions again.

kipling
05-11-2008, 03:30 PM
The Elongated One notices Super Soul's uncontrolled flight, but Super Soul seems to regain himself at the top of his arc.

The Shadow is starting to get his hearing back--and he tracks the evil one as it approaches the lifeboats.

Major Atom begins the work of healing. He has started on one of the injured.

Etrigan has torn a hole in one wall and seems to be looking into a trophy room or museum. One of the trophies, among the cannons and amphorae, is a glowing green rock.

Super Soul has made a cautious landing at the top of the stairs.

drfeck
05-11-2008, 05:25 PM
Etrigan wades through the room...his anger growing.

"Where is the crew? Where is the foe? Where is the joyful battle to go?

There must be something here to make this engine of destruction flow!"

He looks about for an exit to the room, and listens for voices or engine noise.

Ballzy1
05-11-2008, 10:40 PM
Super Soul yells down to the demon Etrigan, "Thanks for tossing me out of their - might there be a green stone down there you might dispose of for me. I then could be of more assistance in finding what is powering this vessel!"

Super Soul bends over as to focus all of his sight on scanning the vessel with his x-ray vision looking for potential enemies running this ship.

ooc: Super using his x-ray vision to scan area with +5 on notice

Notice check

kipling
05-12-2008, 07:38 AM
Using X-ray vision, Super Soul sees many people running the ship--they just don't happen to be in the museum or the conning tower. They are predominantly dark-skinned--Indians and Africans, though there are a few Asians and Caucasians. There are eight armed men waiting for them to come through the doorway, for instance, rifles at the ready, partially concealed by the corridors that cross there.

Etrigan sees a door. From the door, the engine noise is aft (to the right).

Super Soul sees a different group of eight, also dark-skinned, waiting for Etrigan to leave the museum room (he's made a lot of noise).

drfeck
05-12-2008, 08:46 AM
Hearing Super Soul shout down, Etrigan begins to grumble...

"Feh! The prince of hell reduced to garbage man!

This is no task for mighty Etrigan!"

Seeing the green stone he was talking about, the demon inhales and breathes hellflame on the rock...and most of the room...

(OOC-Etrgian does a full-round action to do damage to the kyptonite and the rest of the room. The DC is 25, but it is area effect, and the inanimate objects in the room get an auto-thoughness save of 5+hardness.)

kipling
05-12-2008, 08:46 PM
Etrigan's flame reduces the glowing green rock and various shelves to slag, which flows to the floor.

Then the sprinkler system comes on, spraying foam over Etrigan, the shelves, the artifacts, and more, with the foam almost three feet thick in seconds. It might still be glowing green rock but in molten form; no one can tell.

drfeck
05-13-2008, 09:09 AM
Etrigan is startled by the foam, roars in anger, and smashes his way out of the room through the door he has not tried yet.

kipling
05-13-2008, 11:27 AM
Still covered by foam, Etrigan bashes down the door and emerges into the corridor--

--where the eight men shoot at him, bolts of this new-fangled electricity discharging at him. (OOC: They are unlikely to hit, but if they do, they are adding their shots together, for a total of +22 damage, for a Toughness Save against a DC of 37.)

Super Soul hears Etrigan's roar, but if he steps forward still feels the effects of the glowing green rock. All of this is invisible to the others by the Abraham Lincoln.

The Shadow feels the evil presence getting closer, slowly. (OOC: The evil men have Swimming 1.)

Major Atom has healed one of the badly injured men, so the Elongated One can release that one.

drfeck
05-13-2008, 01:35 PM
Etrigan is hit, as the electricty arcs into him...

Etrigan's Toughness roll

(OCC-having REAAAL problems with the stupid Dice roller.:mad:)

He roars in pain, and then repsonds with a blast his own.

(OOC-Fire Blast again, DC 25 Damage save, DC 20 Reflex save-if made takes DC 20 damage instead.)

kipling
05-13-2008, 02:01 PM
OOC: I think Etrigan failed the Toughness save by 11, which means Etrigan is Stunned and Staggered. So this round, no action (you're stunned) except for reactions and you're Defense 12, and next round you can make only one action but you can choose whether it's a move or standard action.

Unless you spend a Hero Point to get rid of one condition, either stunned or Staggered.

You have the same Initiative as the submariner agents, because they were waiting for you. I'll roll and if it's even, you go first.

Okay, so it's even. You'll have the chance to recover from stun before they go again.

drfeck
05-13-2008, 03:12 PM
(OOC-I will spend a hero point to negate my staggered condition. I will lose my action This round, but next round I will get to go before the goons right?)

(PS-WHy do i keep having problems with the dice roller? I removed the quotes and hit the reroll in post thing.)

kipling
05-13-2008, 03:36 PM
(OOC: I have no idea. I have to admit I went in to edit your post because I thought you'd just done something like forget the eliminate the quotes, but as far as I could see, your post was perfectly fine.

(And yes, you'll act before the minions, but your next action will be recovering from stun. Then the minions go, then you'll have a full action, if I've got this right. Essentially:

Round 1: Etrigan bursts through the wall, minions shoot.
Round 2: Etrigan recovers from stun, minions shoot again.
Round 3: Etrigan delivers some whoop.)

Ballzy1
05-13-2008, 06:56 PM
As Super Soul heads down to assist Etrigan, he feels the effect of kryptonite still in the area. He decides then to fly back to the others and alert them of the battle happening in the sub.

"My friends - Etrigan is under attack from several agents and I could use a hand to assist him in his battle." Super reaches out a hand to his comrades to give them a lift to the sub.

Super advises his comrades of the numbers he saw in the sub and their location.

drfeck
05-14-2008, 08:53 AM
(OOC-Quick change, Etrigan will spend a hero point to stop his stun instead of staggered-and then go before the goons and blast them with his hellfire.)

kipling
05-14-2008, 09:48 AM
(OOC: Okay, Etrigan, roll to attack them, and I'll make their Toughness saves. They're all minions, anyway.

Super Soul can get everyone to the sub in one round, if people are willing to go. Azrael will stay and deal with the evil that the Shadow has noticed, if people want to go.)

drfeck
05-14-2008, 10:25 AM
(OOC-Etrigan is using his area effect attack-no attack roll needed. They make a reflex save vs DC 20. If they make it-then they make a damage save vs DC 20. If they fail, then they make a damage save vs. DC 25).

kipling
05-14-2008, 11:42 AM
(OOC: Gah! I always get that wrong; too many years of playing Hero.)

Etrigan breathes out his flame, and the agents with bulky blaster rifles try to dive for cover.

Agent1 dives for cover!
Agent1 tries his Toughness save!
Agent2 dives for cover!
Agent2 tries his Toughness save!
Agent3 dives for cover!
Agent3 tries his Toughness save!
Agent4 dives for cover!
Agent4 tries his Toughness save!
Agent5 dives for cover!
Agent5 tries his Toughness save!
Agent6 dives for cover!
Agent6 tries his Toughness save!
Agent7 dives for cover!
Agent7 tries his Toughness save!
Agent8 dives for cover!
Agent8 tries his Toughness save!

So two agents managed to duck behind walls or other agents to avoid being hurt by the flames; the intense heat has rendered the others unconscious, flames licking at their bodies--

--when the fire system is again activated, spraying foam down on them a yard deep.

kipling
05-14-2008, 11:50 AM
Once the foam stops, the two remaining agents try to fire, one taking the lead and the other adding:
Remaining agents attack

(OOC: Since there are two of them now, if they hit, the attack totals +10.)

drfeck
05-14-2008, 12:33 PM
Etrigan is struck once again...

Etrigan's Thoughness roll

...but without the addtional blast to enforce the frist one, this time it had no effect.

He once again bleches flame on those remaining.

(OOC-DC 20 reflex save, DC 25 or 20 damage.)

nijineko
05-15-2008, 08:40 PM
If the Shadow is confident that Azrael will be able to handle the evil that he sensed without harm coming to the ships crew, then he will go with Super Soul.

kipling
05-16-2008, 12:42 PM
If the Shadow is confident that Azrael will be able to handle the evil that he sensed without harm coming to the ships crew, then he will go with Super Soul.


OOC: He is at least as well equipped as you are to fight the evil; his flaming sword helps. You do not know what other senses he might have.

Major Atom will take another round, because there's someone still to heal, but he can get back to the sub in a move action.

My assumption is that the Elongated One, the Shadow, and Super Soul are returning to the sub, and end this round on the conning tower. Correct me if I'm wrong.

In the sub, the agents try to dodge the flame, but they aren't fast enough, and they fall into the foam, unconscious and burning.


dodge the flame (doing both of them with one roll) If successful, they'll make Toughness save 1 and Toughness save 2 against DC20, if not against DC25.

If they're both conscious after all of this, they'll try to
shoot Etrigan again
with
one aiding.

OOC: Neither made the reflex save, neither made the Toughness save, so the other rolls are irrelevant.

Another gout of foam drops from the ceiling. Because there are closed bulkhead doors between them, this is six feet of foam.

OOC: The foam counts as 100% concealment for everyone. (It can't run into the museum room fast enough, though it will be "seeable" on the second round after this.) Movement for characters of strength 20 or less is halved. Again, for the other players, this foam isn't everywhere, just in this section of corridor.)

drfeck
05-16-2008, 01:06 PM
Etrigan pause for a moment, resting from his injuries, and then presses on...

(OOC-Etrigan will spend a hero point to get a recovery to remove his staggred condition...)

Ballzy1
05-16-2008, 06:54 PM
Super lands back at the sub and drops off the Elongated Man and the Shadow. "My friends, I seem to be feeling the effects of kryptonite in the room below. If one of you could dispose of this I can go in and assist Etrigan!"

Super motions to his friends the direction of the green glowing rock and is poised to join the fray once the rock is removed.

ooc: Super will move and attack the minions who had taken cover looking to melee unarmed attack at +13 - how many swings would I be able to take once I can attack?

nijineko
05-17-2008, 05:52 PM
The Shadow will descend to where he can see the trophy room. As he descends, he fades completely from everyone else's senses. He will wait a bit to see if the foam is going to drain from the trophy room or not. He continues tracking his surroundings with his detection senses, and will keep an eye out for the described 'kryptonite'.

kipling
05-20-2008, 06:51 PM
Waist-deep foam has oozed into the conning tower chamber, which is now about knee deep.

The Elongated One sticks his head and shoulders into the museum room. He sees where the new foam pours in: from a man-sized hole in the opposite wall. "Fire-retardant foam," he says. "Miles above anything Oi've seen. Makes sense in a ship, eh wot? Sell that to Her Majesty's gummint." He appears to be talking to himself as he goes and reads burned and blistered labels. "That word means rock, and that one is glowing, so the 'kryptonite' was...here. But where did it go?" He looks around.

The Shadow's keen senses pick up the wheeled handle of a door into the conning tower area, turning.

Super Soul waits impatiently at the top of the stairs..

Etrigan has found another wall. He still can't see, and so long as the foam is over his head, he can't flame.

nijineko
05-20-2008, 09:48 PM
The Shadow will descend to where he can see the trophy room. As he descends, he fades completely from everyone else's senses. He will wait a bit to see if the foam is going to drain from the trophy room or not.

{ooc: do note that i wasn't actually entering the room.}

kipling
05-21-2008, 06:55 AM
(OOC: Now fixed in post above.)

drfeck
05-21-2008, 09:03 AM
Etrigan grabs his nose as he bangs into the wall.

He roars with rage as he is about to smash his way through...then thinks better of it and just tears out a section of wall.

(OOC-Full round action, break wall-DC 35 with save of 5+wall's hardness. He will tear out a section of wall his size-using it as a large shield in case there are more armed men on the other side.)

kipling
05-21-2008, 08:12 PM
Etrigan grabs his nose as he bangs into the wall.

He roars with rage as he is about to smash his way through...then thinks better of it and just tears out a section of wall.

With a full-size section of wall removed, foam starts to fall into the next room. Two rows of three beds, each separated by small nightstands, stand there, one row against each wall. The room smelled medicinal. A cupboard spans the stretch from floor to ceiling on the opposite wall. There a a door at the far end; like all other doors, the handle is actually a wheel.

Etrigan is alone there.

nijineko
05-21-2008, 08:58 PM
The Shadow will continue to remain unsensable and wait for the foam to empty out. However, should the described rock become visible, and be transportable without damaging myself, I shall acquire it.

kipling
05-22-2008, 07:58 AM
(OOC: Haven't seen a post from Spotlight in three days, continuing to post as him.)

The Elongated One reaches down through the foam. The rock is there, as part of a huge piece of still-warm slag on the floor, too big and heavy for him to move.

"'Ey! Some 'elp would be noice! Hit's all melted together!"

In the conning tower, the door swings open--but there's no one in sight. The sailors have probably decided to hide, waiting for you, but with the door open.

drfeck
05-22-2008, 12:37 PM
With a full-size section of wall removed, foam starts to fall into the next room. Two rows of three beds, each separated by small nightstands, stand there, one row against each wall. The room smelled medicinal. A cupboard spans the stretch from floor to ceiling on the opposite wall. There a a door at the far end; like all other doors, the handle is actually a wheel.

Etrigan strides to the door at the other side of the room and kicks the door off its hinges.

(OOC-Move action to door, Standard action to attack door, DC 25 thoughness save).

spotlight
05-22-2008, 06:44 PM
OCC: Sorry for the delay fellas, been out apt. hunting.

BIC: Phillip, spreading his hands like paddles, brushes aside the strange soapsudes. Which didn't seem at all like soapsudes. But now he could see the glowing rock mingled with metal and glass and other stuff. Didn't seem melted itself, must be high tempered stuff, deserving of his research.

He called for the shadow to help him retrive the rock, but can't seem to see him any where. Too many strange things here deserving of investigation, The Elongated Man catches himself rambling like a mad scientist, "Lords 'n' Ladies, am I that daft? Just th' rock, that's all we needs to get, just that blasted stuck pepple." Mister Disney looks for a fire ax, maybe to chop the stone loose of the debree, (dang, I can't down load the spell-checker)

Wolvenone
05-22-2008, 09:51 PM
After finishing healing those who most need it Atom will return to the sub upon seeing people trying to remove the rock he will grab the slab a remove it from the ship.

kipling
05-26-2008, 07:44 AM
(OOC: Sorry, Wolvenone, forgot you there.)

Major Atom zips in and grabs the rock. "I'll take it out." (OOC: He can surge for an additional move action, thereby taking the rock out immediately, or wait until next turn.)

The Elongated One grumbles. "It's not that heavy. The Shadow and I could have done it...."

Super Soul is still waiting.

A turbanned head checks through the door at the bottom of the conning tower. Seeing no one but Super Soul (the Shadow being invisible, and the others being in the other room or moving out at a tremendous speed, depending on whether Major Atom surges or not), he waves the others on. The agents move into the base of the conning tower and begin to aim.

Wolvenone
05-27-2008, 03:49 AM
go fast

kipling
05-27-2008, 07:29 AM
(OOC: Surge takes extra effort, so you will be fatigued afterward. You can burn that off with a hero point. Fatigued is -2 to Strength and Dexterity, -1 to Attack and Defense.)

spotlight
05-27-2008, 05:47 PM
Seeing Major Atom about to dash away, T. E. M. makes a quick request, "Don' just toss that thing away. Tis something the Queen would need to be advised of. Perhaps you could leave it with the Captain for use to retrive later."

Mr. Disney looks about the room trying to decide his next move, a nearby undamaged door would be his first choice. Notice roll of +11 for anything of interest.

nijineko
05-28-2008, 10:09 PM
{the shadow's player is looking into some details concerning his intended action... will post soon. }

kipling
05-30-2008, 09:51 AM
OOC: I should clarify: The Elongated One has stuck his head and arms into the museum room, but his body is still in the conning tower (stretching will do that); the agents are going to aim at his body.

There is a door (untouched) in the museum room; Etrigan went in and out through holes in the wall.

Etrigan goes through the doorway in the sickbed and finds himself...in a deserted hallway. For a full ship, there don't seem to be many people here. (OOC: In fact, they're at their posts or hiding; you haven't gone into many rooms yet.)

Major Atom returns to the sub; the slag is now in a near-empty lifeboat, with two sailors. The Major has time to note that Azrael is standing alert to any changes from the evil ones that Shadow warned about. It's getting dark.

The kryptonite is no more an obstacle. (OOC: Super Soul has been holding his action, the Elongated Fellow has an action left, and the Shadow has an action in this round. Also, Super Soul gets a hero point for having a setback or complication show up. *whew*)

Ballzy1
05-30-2008, 11:57 AM
"Thanks Major! Feeling stronger already! Let me scan the area again and see if we can find anyone still hiding away and have a little talk with them to see who is behind this!"

ooc: Super will utilize his X-ray vision again to scan form any guards still alive after Etrigan's battle. I believe +5 on the notice

[notice check]

ack - where did roll go? trying again.

Ballzy1
05-30-2008, 12:01 PM
ooc: post to try roller again

nijineko
05-31-2008, 02:25 PM
{occ: edit your post and check the reroll box. that should make the roll show up.}

The Shadow's voice echo's throughout the room, seemingly coming from all directions, "Who knows what evil lies in the heart of men? The Shadow knows!"

group intimidate check

Creepy laughter is punctuated by the roar of twin pistols.

primary pistol (-2 for two weapon attack)
secondary pistol (-2 for two weapon attack)

{ooc: using move by action (updated character sheet when i wrote up the background, both of which i need to send to you, sorry about that! realized that i forgot to pay for that feat so i shifted a point out of minions to cover it...) to shift position away from where the sound and flash of the pistols gave away my previous position.}

drfeck
06-01-2008, 10:36 PM
Etrigan heads down the hallway, smoke coming from his nostrils.

"Where are you, little mice?

Hiding from your Uncle Etrigan is not nice!

If you come out now, and all sweet and mild...

...I promise your bodies won't be much defiled!"


(ooc-Etrigan is looking about-standard action notice check and doing a move action down the hall.)

Notice Check

Still cant make the dice roller work...that got it!

kipling
06-02-2008, 09:33 AM
Etrigan has spotted a man trying to get away from him; he has just scrambled around a corner, heading for the stern of the ship.

The Elongated Fellow has noticed the door, but not the wheel (since it's still covered in foam).

Major Atom hears the gunshots, but he's in the museum room with the Elongated Fellow's head and arms.

Super Soul has scanned the sub; there are ten agents left: the Shadow has just felled two of them in the conning tower below him, leaving eight; Etrigan is after one of two in the corridors, and there are six more beneath Super Soul in the conning tower.

Most other crew members are equipped with what look like high-tech belaying pins, but those mentioned above are the only ones with guns. (As mentioned earlier, most of the crew members are of Indian or African descent.)

The tanned bald Caucasian fellow by the organ at the bow of the ship, by the two huge windows, seems to be the captain: he's dressed as such, anyway. There are two hulking brutes near him, between him and the doorway. The crew look apprehensive, but they are doing their jobs.

There is a floor below him, where there are racks of long, thin tubes, much like the ones Super Soul froze earlier as "children" of the "monster". There are also several miniature submersibles, one open and two closed.

Ballast along the keel appears to be lead; Super Soul's X-ray vision cannot see through it.

drfeck
06-02-2008, 09:54 PM
Etrigan leaps after the man attempting to grab him.

(OOC-leaping 2(x5 distance) to close with the man as a move action, Standard action to grapple him using all-out attack for +5, -5 def. If he succeeds he will pin him against the wall.)

Attack Roll

Grapple Check

OK I hate this dice roller-could someone please do this for me?!:mad: OK i got it....its just a pain...

kipling
06-03-2008, 08:13 AM
Etrigan has the man against the wall. The man looks scared.

Elongated One, there is a door in the conning tower, towards the bow of the ship. It leads (Super Soul can tell you) to a crossway corridor, like the middle bar of an H. The door in the museum (which you can't see the handle of because of the foam) leads to one of the uprights of the H. You can see the corridor through the hole in the wall, and hear Etrigan in the distance over the thrum of the motors.

drfeck
06-03-2008, 09:17 AM
Etrigan snarls as he moves his gruesome face closer to the man.

"Where is your leader? Where is your captin? Where is head of this metal beast?

Best be quick in the answers, or Etrigan shall feast!"


(OOC-Full round action-Intimidate check)


Intimdate roll

kipling
06-03-2008, 11:44 AM
Etrigan

He babbles in his native tongue, then remembers that you don't speak Pashtu. He tries to point (if he can).

"That way! Eight or nine doors, you have to turn and turn again to get to Captain Luthor!"

Then the middle-aged man begins praying in Pashtu.

drfeck
06-03-2008, 12:33 PM
Etrigan give him a toothy smile and pats him on the head.

"There! That was not so hard!

Now to make sure you are telling the truth, we shall see Luthor's courtyard!"

Etrigan tucks the man under his arm like a package, making sure his limbs are pinned to his sides.

Then he proceeds to follow the man's directions.

Ballzy1
06-03-2008, 11:45 PM
Super tells Elongated One that there is a door towards the bow that leads to a corridor.

Super notices 6 men down with the Shadow and tells the others he is heading down to help.

ooc: I want to move as fast as my super speed can take me to the Conning Tower below to assist the Shadow and confront the 6 guards.

kipling
06-05-2008, 10:50 AM
OOC: Super Soul, you can fly down easily and take out one minion, or use the hero point to stunt the Takedown feat and take them three. (They count as minions, and they're close enough together for three.)

nijineko
06-06-2008, 04:07 PM
The Shadow will continue to take opportunity to remove the evils of the enemy, but does not want to wade through clinging foam that might give away his position now or in the future.

{is there any locations of egress that i can access without getting into the foam?}

kipling
06-09-2008, 10:59 AM
OOC: The minions^h^h^h^hagents have left the door to the conning tower open, so the Shadow can leave through there. If he goes through the hole in the wall to the museum room, he will have to wade through foam.

spotlight
06-09-2008, 05:09 PM
The Elongated Man reaches for the door Sups had indicated. It was difficult to leave behind all the attractive mysteries of the museum, his nose twitching every which way, but duty came first. He stood before the door and twisted the handle, and pooked an eye thrugh, just in case some one was waiting.

spotlight
06-09-2008, 05:55 PM
Darn!! I missed my notice roll. The door is already open. Well, peek around the side of it any way.

kipling
06-11-2008, 08:53 AM
So entranced is the Elongated Fellow that he's also missed the six agents in the conning tower.

OOC: Just so we're all clear: Elongated Fellow's feet are up on the conning tower. He's stretched his body down, first to the museum, then to the door in the conning tower. The Shadow has already taken down two of the guards in the tower, and Super Soul has flown down and will roll to take out three more, but he hasn't said yet. Knowing that you guys are tough, the agents are going to shoot at one target--the close one, Elongated Fellow's torso--and they're going to try to combine their actions.

The agents fire at the Elongated Fellow, white-hot electric bolts shooting out of their bulbous-nosed rifles:

Agent 1 shoots!
Agent 2 shoots!
Agent 3 shoots!
Agent 4 shoots!
Agent 5 shoots!
Agent 6 shoots!

OOC: I figure his defense as +14 (for shooting at a stretched part of him), so only one hits. He gets to roll his Toughness Save versus a DC of 23.

Only one of the electric bolts hits the Elongated Fellow's torso--

nijineko
06-12-2008, 11:00 PM
{repeats strategy}

primary pistol (-2 for two weapon attack)
secondary pistol (-2 for two weapon attack)

*move*

kipling
06-13-2008, 09:18 AM
Super Soul flies down to a clump of agents and quickly punches an agent (and if he succeeds, another, and other).

The Shadow fires twice, and, being invisible to the agents, hits one but not the other; the pistol bullet hits the wall harmlessly. Later, it turns out that Super Soul briefly got in the way, but it was enough.

The three agents left don't know where the shots are coming from, and two more of their number have fallen; they're scared, and grim, and silent.

Etrigan scampers through the corridors, slowly unscrewing doors or punching his way through walls (each takes a full round), with his human package screaming and crying as he moves. The others can hear this wailing: distant, but not too distant.

Super Soul hits first agent:, and he's out.

If he succeeds, Super Soul hits second agent -- miss, so the third one doesn't count.

If he succeeds at previous two, Super Soul hits third agent

The agent hit by Shadow tries his Toughness Save -- and fails.

OOC: All the agents have gone, so we don't need initiative to finish this round.

The Elongated Fellow sees no one in the corridor outside (but he has to make the Toughness save from the shot; he has Toughness +6).

nijineko
06-13-2008, 02:36 PM
The Shadow will (on his next available action) move through into the next area which will not get any foam on him, stretching his senses out before him to sense where the enemies are.

kipling
06-16-2008, 12:31 PM
OOC: Forgot the Elongated Fellow's Toughness Save:

Elongated Fellow's Toughness Save vs DC 23

Elongated Fellow does have a Hero Point he can spend, if the results are dire.

spotlight
06-16-2008, 05:41 PM
'Ello, I was just about to make my character's toughness save, but it looks like you beat me to it. With a roll of 21 it looks like EM is done in.

Therefore EM will reverse back to where ever 'is legs are, the bottom of the connin' to'er, I'm supposing. Depending on wot 'as 'appened to 'im, I may use a 'ero point fer recovery, Gov'ner.

drfeck
06-17-2008, 08:50 AM
'Ello, I was just about to make my character's toughness save, but it looks like you beat me to it. With a roll of 21 it looks like EM is done in.

Therefore EM will reverse back to where ever 'is legs are, the bottom of the connin' to'er, I'm supposing. Depending on wot 'as 'appened to 'im, I may use a 'ero point fer recovery, Gov'ner.

(OOC-You only failed the roll by two. Thats a injured/bruised condititon, a -1 to thoughness checks. I would not waste a hero point on that if I where you.)

kipling
06-17-2008, 09:36 AM
'Ello, I was just about to make my character's toughness save, but it looks like you beat me to it. With a roll of 21 it looks like EM is done in.

Therefore EM will reverse back to where ever 'is legs are, the bottom of the connin' to'er, I'm supposing. Depending on wot 'as 'appened to 'im, I may use a 'ero point fer recovery, Gov'ner.

OOC: But it's only one bruise; future Toughness saves are affected, but you're not stunned or staggered or anything like that.

spotlight
06-18-2008, 05:14 PM
Thanx and good to know. I twern't quite sure what was the effects. I'm still having trouble following all the HB has listed.

Ballzy1
06-18-2008, 07:31 PM
Super follows quickly behind The Shadow, telling him

"I'm sticking with you in case they have more of the Kryptonite as before!"

ooc: I will use xray vision prior to us entering any corridor we cannot see as a precaution.

Notice Check

kipling
06-19-2008, 11:57 AM
OOC: Etrigan, Super Soul, and Major Atom are all strong enough to break through a wall, but it takes a full round to break through each wall. It also takes a full round to open the doors, which are bulkheads designed to keep water out. Tell me whether you're smashing through walls or opening doors.

Really, the agents are nice, but you can dispose of them reasonably quickly. Etrigan has one extra wall to get through, and Super Soul sees no one in the corridors; everyone is in rooms, hiding or tending to their work.

For convenience's sake, you both arrive in the control room at the same time, from two different entrances.

The control room is an elegant affair, with large round portholes, almost eyes, at the bow, between them an organ. The control room is about forty feet across: more than a standard move action, and has a number of daises and consoles in it; it is two levels, with a lowered section for command. (If you think of the Enterprise from Star Trek, you won't be far wrong, but there are more consoles and daises in the lowered command section.) Standing in front of the organ is a bald, powerful man in a uniform.

"You are the people who have been destroying my beautiful ship. Tea?" Between you is an Indian manservant with a tea tray. "It's Darjeeling."

Two hulking men stand near you, one where each group came out; the men are equipped with lassos and electric blaster pistols.

There are a dozen sailors standing there too, six to a side. They have batons of some kind.

(OOC: I hope that's clear; ask questions if it's not.)

drfeck
06-19-2008, 03:40 PM
After bursting through the wall, Etrigan drops his human bundle (not on his head), and says

"You have spread terror, destroyed ships, sent men to Davy's Jones locker...

...why should you be spared that fate, and be quick in your Barter?!"


(OOC-Move action, drops hostage, Standard action Etrigan is trying to scare the hell out of everybody-causes them a sacred condtion (-2 on all rolls) or if they fail it by enough they may run from the room)


Intimidate check

I got the damm dice roller to work with no problems! :biggrin:

nijineko
06-19-2008, 11:35 PM
Super follows quickly behind The Shadow, telling him

"I'm sticking with you in case they have more of the Kryptonite as before!"

ooc: I will use xray vision prior to us entering any corridor we cannot see as a precaution.

Notice Check

{ooc: sorry for being overly picky, but it's not likely that supersoul would be able to pinpoint The Shadow as he is fully cloaked from almost all normal and supra-normal senses, and is unfortunately not quite yet used to the whole 'team' idea. i went into "full cloak" mode, not thinking about how that would make it hard for my teammates to spot me.... not to mention that i didn't really do anything about the glowing rock. =D not that i would mind your company in the least, though. having a near invulnerable about is quite handy in many instances. }

kipling
06-20-2008, 08:30 AM
{ooc: sorry for being overly picky, but it's not likely that supersoul would be able to pinpoint The Shadow as he is fully cloaked from almost all normal and supra-normal senses, and is unfortunately not quite yet used to the whole 'team' idea. i went into "full cloak" mode, not thinking about how that would make it hard for my teammates to spot me.... not to mention that i didn't really do anything about the glowing rock. =D not that i would mind your company in the least, though. having a near invulnerable about is quite handy in many instances. }

OOC: I noticed that, Shadow, and didn't comment on it. Ballzy1, can SuperSoul attach himself to Elongated Man or Major Atom? Both are going with you, and neither are affected by Kryptonite.

Ballzy1
06-20-2008, 07:54 PM
ooc: yeah I will move to room with Major Atom

kipling
06-23-2008, 01:47 PM
Luthor says something in another language, and several crewmembers laugh forcedly. "Unfortunately, they don't speak English, but your appearance is quite frightening. They are terrified." He yawns. "As far as the ships we have attacked, such is legal in times of war. Now, who are you and why are you tearing up my ship? Answer or I'll have you executed as prisoners of war."

OOC: Recap: The Shadow is invisible--all but one of the evil figures are on the bridge: One is Luthor, Hyde and Conseil are two others, and a third has a blaster rifle. With the Shadow's exception, player characters are in two groups on the bridge.

drfeck
06-23-2008, 03:33 PM
The demon snarls back-

"Etrigan cares not for the laws of men, only for the blood you have spilled.

Unless you wish share the fate of your victums, you will yeild or feel the reaper's chill."

To demstrate his point to those who don't speak english, he will take the metal door he broke off its hinges and bend it into a bow.

Intimdate roll

(Even if it does not work, it should keep thier attentsion untill the other get here.)

nijineko
06-23-2008, 08:01 PM
{ooc: Does The Shadow notice anything that would draw his attention especially to the bridge? I was thinking of heading towards the engine room, or the map room, but if there is something that my character would notice and find compelling, then he can head towards the bridge instead. }

Ballzy1
06-23-2008, 08:54 PM
Super Soul places his hands on waist, stands tall and puffs out his chest and bellows,
"We are here on orders from the Queen to learn more about the fate of other vessels that have sailed through these seas! Given the action you took on our ship, I suppose we have found our answer! As far as being prisoners of war, I believe we will decide who the prisoners here will be when you start talking!"

ooc:If the man with the blaster rifle begins to raise it towards us I will use Super Speed to disarm and destroy the weapon the speed should easily be fine I assume I should roll d20 + my dex modifier +1 for the disarmdisarm

Ballzy1
06-23-2008, 08:56 PM
ooc: Ouch crappy roll - if that fails on the disarm I will use my first Hero point to retry

kipling
06-23-2008, 09:00 PM
{ooc: Does The Shadow notice anything that would draw his attention especially to the bridge? I was thinking of heading towards the engine room, or the map room, but if there is something that my character would notice and find compelling, then he can head towards the bridge instead. }

The others are heading to the bridge, but you can go to the engine room or the map room if you wish.

nijineko
06-23-2008, 09:32 PM
{ooc: we need information. while the powerful ones are keeping the bad guys busy, i will head to the map room first, captain's quarters second, and engine room third. i am looking for blueprints to the ship in particular, but maps or plans of anything useful (ie: hideouts, caches, significant finds, information that is not likely to exist elsewhere in the world, etc...) will also attract my attention. if we can't capture the ship, perhaps we can build another. I will also check upon everyone's location every so frequently to insure my safety. }

=D

kipling
06-25-2008, 09:54 AM
As the other heroes move to the bow, the Shadow starts to encounter sailors moving in the corridors, getting things ready. Finally he finds a room that is entirely racks of maps curled up and placed in holes, and a large flat table.

The racks are labelled in English, not another language.

kipling
06-25-2008, 09:56 AM
Captain Luthor looks calmly at Etrigan. "Costume? Or could you really be a non-human, like Mr. Wells' Martians?"

The sailors do not move; they are dumbstruck.

One of the bulky men fades from sight. There is a slight shimmer before Captain Luthor. Super senses (Major Atom's and Super Soul's) reveal that Captain Luthor is surrounded by an invisible shield.

drfeck
06-25-2008, 10:08 AM
"Hell is no storybook fabel, you foolish man!

If you need a teacher in dammination, there is none better than the Demon Etrigan!"


And with that, he breathes fire on Luthor and his men.

(OOC-Area effect attack-cone on as many as he can get. He will do a move action frist to get into a postion in order to catach as many as he can with his power. DC 20 reflex save to take half damage, DC 20 damage if save made, DC 25 if it is not.)

kipling
06-25-2008, 11:58 AM
The sailors are all intimidated, and do not move, so they take the full force of Etrigan's flames. The agents--those with rifles--and Hyde try to dive out of the way; the flames lick around Captain Luthor but not at him: he seems protected by something.

Hyde's Reflex Save
Hyde's Toughness save
Sailors Toughness Save
Agents Reflex Save
Agents Toughness Save

The sailors are unconscious. Hyde stumbles and takes the brunt of the flame attack himself; the agents are unharmed.j

Super Soul disarms them with his superspeed.

nijineko
06-25-2008, 03:12 PM
The Shadow will swiftly scan the maps for anything useful. If there is a portable container, I will inspect it for potential usage. If not, I have some alternative methods.

{did you want to give me a list to choose from, or did you just want to trust the 'judgement' of my character to pull out anything of potential use to our party? (or as the case may be, himself) in any case, once the map room has been swiftly searched, on to the captain's quarters. }

Ballzy1
06-26-2008, 12:01 AM
Super shouts at Luthor, "You see what happens when you threaten my friends! I would suggest you come with us now so you may answer to her Majesty the Queen."
Super Soul smashes one of the agents rifles into pieces in front of Luthor to make his point.
"I notice you are shielded from Etrigan's flame, but trust me that won't protect you for long!"

ooc: If Luthor fails to cooperate I will attempt to pierce shield with my Heat Vision to see if it has any effect.

spotlight
07-09-2008, 05:35 PM
OOC: not much time to post today.

BIC: E L notes the resistance that covers Luthor. He looks around the room to locate in posible source of this power. (knowing a little about electricity and batteries) He looks for cables and/or switches that might control the 'shield'
notice ic +11 no time to roll.

spotlight
08-11-2008, 06:50 PM
OOC: Ok, now to rewrite my actions, to something i know the character can do.

BIC: E. M., seeing one of the 'sailers' fade from existance, figured he had somehow become invisible or insubstatial. "Two can play that game," he mumbled to no one in particular.

Power; insubstatial 1 w/ linked power Concealment 2 (two Dimensional) and I will use a hero point if required for this manuvere.

Elongated Man flowed to the floor, spreading out toward the area that the sailors were, like an oil slick or a thin carpet. Avoiding the feet of those he could see, he hunted for the feet of the one guard he could not see. If E.M. encountered such unseen objects, he would immediately attempt to ensnare it.

OOC: Now how's that for a different approach to things?

nijineko
08-11-2008, 10:23 PM
{ooc: awesome idea! woot!}

kipling
09-01-2008, 12:42 PM
The shield doesn't appear to have any cables or switches controlling it; such a shield is far beyond technology so far as you know, although superhumans could of course produce one.

By flowing, the footprints of the invisible man become visible, so you know where he is.

Captain Luthor says, "The smart man knows when to call it a day and return, and I am nothing if not smart." He pulls a switch.

Shadow, you have an artillery container and several maps, converging on the south seas and apparently showing an island, protected by reefs and accessible only by air or under the sea.

nijineko
09-01-2008, 02:13 PM
To the captain's quarters next. As quickly as I can.

kipling
09-03-2008, 10:45 AM
Shadow: The captain's quarters are in the bow of the ship, right under the control room, between the torpedo rooms. You can head there or go to the engine room at the stern.

drfeck
09-03-2008, 12:00 PM
Etrigan Roars at Luthor, and proceeds attempt to smash Hyde in the face, then grab him.

(OOC-Assuming Hyde is stunned (and losing his dodge bonus) from failing the thoughness save against the Demon's fire, Move action to get to Hyde, Standard action-Etrigan will attempt to punch him.

Attack on Hyde

If hits Hyde must make a thoughness save vs DC 25

Free action improved Grab to get a grapple-Grapple Check

If he succeeds he will pin him.)

nijineko
09-03-2008, 04:24 PM
The Shadow reasons that while there may be plans relating to the ship in the engine control rooms, that anything of special or unique value will be in the captain's quarters where he can control access to it.

Off I go then, to the captain's quarters, swiftly.

spotlight
09-04-2008, 06:34 PM
okay, now that E M has 'located' the invisible person (new move, w/search at +13, btw.) He will attempt to snare with constricting damage(+1).
Attack is +8, but I do not know what invisible does on the victums defences. spotlight rolls some dice okay, I hope I did it corectly.http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/images/icons/icon11.gif

spotlight
09-04-2008, 06:38 PM
WWHHAATT!!! I rolled a loozy zero? Hey whose dice are these anyways?
s
h
u
c
k
s

It happens. Let me know if I hit or missed.

nijineko
09-04-2008, 08:20 PM
{actually, no it doesn't. it means that your die roll is structured improperly, resulting in an error. whenever you get a (0) it means that a syntax error has happened. make sure you remove any () from the roll, if you need help, edit you post and then post what it looks like so we can help.}

spotlight
09-08-2008, 06:20 PM
spotlight rolls some dice Ok the exact way it looks right now is <<<spotlight rolls some dice>>> I added the arrow marks just in case it want to do that twice.

spotlight
09-08-2008, 06:21 PM
well according to the way it came out $#%* I actually DID roll a flamin' 0 on that first one.

nijineko
09-08-2008, 08:04 PM
it really shouldn't be able to roll a zero... might want to let farcaster know. and when you show the roll, put some spaces in it or enclose it in [noparse] tags.

kipling
09-08-2008, 08:09 PM
Etrigan's fist smashes into Hyde, who looks bruised but otherwise unharmed and roars in frustration as he grabs at Etrigan, who quickly turns the movement into a lock and has the man pinned.

The Elongated Man flows along the floor and surrounds the feet of an invisible man, then flows up him and quickly surrounds him.

"My," says Luthor. "I need a better class of minion." He presses a button and the section of floor on which he's standing starts to lower into the deck. Super Soul is battering at the invisible shield that protects Luthor.

Meanwhile, the Shadow has just entered the captain's cabin. What had appeared to be columns are revealed to be hydraulic pillars, and someone is moving down to the cabin.

nijineko
09-08-2008, 09:55 PM
{and everyone thought i wasn't in on the action! =D}

The Shadow automatically closes the door behind him, he steps slightly off to the side and uses his training to blend himself into his surroundings.



{5' step }
hide in plain sight + stealth




I prepare myself for a battle of wills.



{shift dynamic array: The Power to Cloud Men's Minds:
mind control, 8 points = 10 ranks, full round action to activate-doing so now;
mind reading, 4 points = 4 ranks; }



{i realize that i'll likely run into the next round with the activation... guess it depends on just how fast those hydraulics are. }

kipling
09-10-2008, 11:04 AM
(Crap, I forgot to describe what Hyde and Conseil are doing!)

Hyde attempts to break the pin that Etrigan has. (A 29 to 44--breaking the pin won't happen.)

Conseil makes a concentration roll to keep a force wall up in the face of being snared. (He manages!)

Conseil tries to remove the Elongated Man from him, by breaking the Snare with his telekinetic Strength, creating an explosion of strength moving outward, centered on him. (EM, take a hero point, but the Snare isn't broken, if I remember rightly.)

drfeck
09-11-2008, 08:30 AM
Etrigan snarls in Hyde's ear:

"You wish to go to your fleeing master? You wish to crawl to his side?

Let the Demon speed you faster, and maybe you should learn to gilde!"

He then throws Hyde at the invisble shield surrounding Luthor as hard as he can.

(OOC-All-out Power attack (-5 Defense, +5 Damage) at the shield surronding Luthor, using Hyde as a thrown blunt object. Even if the shield does not go down, Hyde will not enjoy the sudden stop...Please note, he is not aiming at Luthor, just the shield itself.)


drfeck rolls some dice


(It will be a DC 30 Damage check for the shield and poor Hyde....)

spotlight
09-11-2008, 05:41 PM
EM has a delima for a second, his nose atwichin', go after the escaping Leader or continue his struggle with Conseil. "A bird in th' 'and" He mutters and renews his struggle with the one he can't see.

OOC: I am assumeing that Elongated Man is wrapped around a force wall and not the fellow he was looking for. So for the attack to hold onto and crush the force field = snare with constricting. +8 attack and +1 damage. No hero point this time, maybe.spotlight rolls some dice Oh, by the way, I figured out how I rolled a zero... I typed in d20 instead of 1d20:lol:

kipling
09-11-2008, 06:37 PM
OOC: Invisible characters are like characters with cover: you have a 50% chance to hit them if the attack roll succeeds. But given the special effects (you flow up around him) I figured that overruled the usual dice roll--in effect, you're locating him with touch, not sight, so he can be found.

And unfortunately, he can do only one force wall at a time, and it's not where he was.

You get the hero point because he power-stunted area on his TK, not through something you did. I do have to roll his Reflex save against the Snare, though.

M. Conseil's reflex roll Whew. No rewriting of history--he doesn't make it.

kipling
09-12-2008, 08:14 AM
Hyde's toughness save (vs DC 30)

Hyde lands against the invisible wall, and falls to the floor in a heap, stunned.

kipling
09-15-2008, 11:25 AM
(Start of a new round!)

Luthor stands on the platform as it descends. It will arrive at the end of this round. (He does get a Notice roll against the Shadow's stealth to see him flicker out of sight, but by the end of the round, the Shadow should be invisible to him.)

(OOC: For clarity's sake, a 16 is not enough to see the Shadow flicker out of sight.)

Luthor's Notice roll

drfeck
09-15-2008, 12:34 PM
Etrigan roars his pleasure seeing Hyde impact against the wall, leaps over and lands on him, even while grabbing him and hoisting him up...

(OOC-Etrigan does a Charge by using his Leaping power to jump and land on Hyde while he is down. He is again doing a Power Attack, taking advantage of the fact that Hyde is prone and +4 to be hit by Melee attacks. He also gets another +2 from Charging. Hyde should also have no dodge bonus from being stunned...


Total Bonus=+1 to hit, +5 to damage.

He will also use his improved Grab Feat to start another Grapple with poor Hyde...)

Etrigan's Pounce

DC 30 Damage Save for HYDE

Grapple Check

kipling
09-16-2008, 09:08 AM
Hyde tries to get out the way in time, but he's stunned....

Toughness save for Hyde, vs DC 30

So Hyde is only bruised by this attack, but Etrigan has him grappled again.

OOC: I calculated Hyde's Toughness save as +12, but it should be +10 because of the bruising he has already received. This still makes an additional bruise, but it was much closer to the threshold.

Major Atom delivers the coup de grace against him, because Etrigan has him grappled, and Hyde slumps, unconscious.

The invisible sailor (M. Conseil) tries again to get free of EM wrapping around him, against DC 19:

M. Conseil's regular strength roll

Unfortunately, the invisible sailor has struggled mightily, but is still entangled in the Elongated Man's wrappings.

Ballzy1
09-19-2008, 11:45 AM
ooc: Sorry all - been crazy busy at work! So it looks like I am wailing on the invisible shield. Can I notice anything happening or should I leave it alone and move with rest of team?

kipling
09-19-2008, 04:41 PM
(OOC: Well, you could follow the Atom Doctrine and get there by ripping up some deck plates. :)

Ballzy1
09-19-2008, 05:13 PM
Super Soul notices that even his strength wasn't enough to break through this invisible barrier protecting Luthor. But as the pedestal is lowering Luthor Super thinks to himself, "Perhaps this shield will weaken the further he distances himself from his minions!"

Super yells to his comrades - "I am going after Luthor! I am not through with him yet!"

ooc: Super uses his xray vision to see what is beneath him that this pedestal could be lowering Luthor into.

Super Xray Notice Roll

nijineko
09-19-2008, 05:44 PM
{once the pedastal is fully lowered i will strike mentally. }

kipling
09-19-2008, 05:57 PM
Super Soul tears up flooring and finds himself looking at a room with a rack of the long fish-like torpedoes he saw earlier. Two sailors stare up him at amazement.

The platform is lowered, and Captain Luthor strides off, heading for another stairwell in the sumptuous room.

nijineko
09-19-2008, 05:59 PM
{*^^* so... how is an attempt to mind control resolved again? i don't have the books with me. }

kipling
09-20-2008, 10:44 AM
(OOC: A power roll against the DC of target's will save. To make it easier, here's Luthor's will save:

Capt. Luthor's Will save)