PDA

View Full Version : 1. A League, Under The Sea



Pages : 1 [2]

nijineko
09-20-2008, 03:51 PM
Attempted mind control

The Shadow steps into Luther's field of view. "Leaving so soon? I was hoping for some intellectually stimulating conversation."



{did i do that right? 1d20 plus the power rank?}

kipling
09-23-2008, 08:24 AM
Without breaking stride, Captain Luthor glances at the Shadow. "Another masked wonder. I presume your power is to annoy. Alas for your desire for conversation, I have places to go and people to avoid."

(You have a move action left, because you used your standard action on the Mind Control. Unless you interpose, he'll get to the other stairwell and down in this round--he's moving as a double move action,)

nijineko
09-23-2008, 05:59 PM
I will move to interpose myself, but without touching him. Underneath my cloak, my guns await eagerly in my hands... not everyone is easily persuaded. "That is to be regreted. I am disappointed to find that you fall so short of your... apparently undeseved... reputation. And I had such high hopes for you."

kipling
09-24-2008, 02:29 PM
(OOC: Elongated Man? Major Atom? If I haven't heard from you by tomorrow, I'll go on while assuming some actions for you.)

spotlight
09-25-2008, 06:28 PM
Sorry for taking so long. I been trying to figure out if EM was wraped around an empty force field or one with the invisible guy inside.

So, EM will try to make sure he has his quarry. He stretches underneath the edge of the force field to see if it surrounds the man completly or if it ends at the floor.

If EM can get under the force field, he will use a move action to do so and attack w/constrition again. If he cannot get inside, he will only constitic against the force field againspotlight rolls some dice I hope I did it correctly.

spotlight
09-25-2008, 06:30 PM
No way I rolled a zero againspotlight rolls some dice

kipling
02-13-2009, 08:05 AM
Shadow


I will move to interpose myself, but without touching him. Underneath my cloak, my guns await eagerly in my hands... not everyone is easily persuaded. "That is to be regreted. I am disappointed to find that you fall so short of your... apparently undeserved... reputation. And I had such high hopes for you."

"Ah, but you're just a man. And your bullets are just bullets. I, however, am Nemo, the nameless, the brilliant, and I am the law here." He starts moving forward.
--- Merged from Double Post ---

No way I rolled a zero againspotlight rolls some dice


OOC: I get a 20 on that roll. Good enough.

The Elongated Man oozes under the edge of the force field and is inside, ready to face M. Conseil.

nijineko
02-13-2009, 10:58 AM
The Shadow will stand his ground, silent. He wishes to know more of this "nameless" man called Nemo. Seeing what method he chooses to deal with what he perceives to be a minor nuisance will be educational. Hopefully not fatally. He is also curious to know how he perceived the guns under his cloak.

attempted mind control

kipling
02-16-2009, 06:52 AM
Though the man's mind is powerful, he is not prepared for the Shadow's mental onslaught. He stiffens, fights--and ultimately fails.

Then he waits to see what the Shadow will command.

Check will save to see if the mind control works:


OOC: Always tough when he doesn't know who you are. Had the Kryptonite, had the super-powered assistants, but didn't know about the Shadow or EM. Ah, well.

kipling
02-18-2009, 09:30 AM
The Bridge

Meanwhile, the other bodyguard behind the invisible wall is going to try to capture the Elongated Fellow in a force field.


OOC: We're starting the next round, and the captain's bodyguards have an initiative of 26.

It's an area attack, so it gets the area but EF makes a Reflex roll to try to avoid it, with a DC of 21. (So I'll need a Reflex roll from the Elongated one.) Of course, he can't maintain the wall and try to catch EF, so there is no wall between him and everyone else...(not that you can tell unless you're beating on it--hint hint--because the force wall is invisible).

Hyde is in Etrigan's grasp, and is bruised.
OOC: He's going to use this round to recover from stun (because he was stunned). I also don't see where I gave a hero point for having him staggered, so Etrigan should have a hero point because we've proceeded as if Hyde weren't staggered.

The sailors on the bridge are still cowed.

Super Soul flies out of the torpedo room and is instantly lost. He mutters something and starts tearing walls apart, figuring he'll make a hole to get to Luthor.


OOC: He's strong enough to rip a hole in the wall, but it will take the full phase.

nijineko
02-23-2009, 12:12 AM
The Shadow begins talking with his victim.

{{{i'll send a pm about his topics of conversation and his actions. }}}

kipling
02-26-2009, 01:39 PM
Elongated Man


GM says, Posting this in the interest of keeping things moving this time...With a, "Hi 'ope this doesn't cost me me modesty," the Elongated Man kneels down and his hands begin to grow in area, but very thin, until they flow along the entire section of floor, and around the invisible man, revealing his location to everyone.


OOC: Treat it as 10% concealment: if anyone else hits, make a second roll on a d20, and if the number is anything but a 1 or a 2, the shot hits.EM does get a grapple modifier

nijineko
02-26-2009, 08:10 PM
{dont' wait on me, i'll just keep pumping him for information until the others show up...}

drfeck
02-27-2009, 10:51 AM
Etrigan perks up after seeing the invisble man reveiled.

"Ah, you have the demon's thanks my rubbery ally, you have done well."

He lifts Hyde up...

"As for you, loathsome toadie, join your friend in hell!"

He tosses Hyde at where he expects the invisble man to be...

(OCC-Etrigan throws Hyde at the invisble man's location-All-out attack for +5 to hit/-5 def, if he hits they both will take a +10 damage attack.)

Etrigan's throwdrfeck rolls some dice

kipling
03-03-2009, 08:28 PM
Hyde hurtles through the air at the invisible man. Both fall to the floor, and the invisible man flickers into existence. Hyde seems to have caught the worst of it.


OOC: I'm not rolling knockback for this fight, though both are stunned, I would normally. Count both of them as unconscious.

Check for invisibility--a 1 or 2 fails.
Toughness check if Hyde hits the other; DC 25
Conseil's Toughness check; DC 25

spotlight
03-04-2009, 12:20 PM
Hmmm ... Sorry for not keeping up with the posts. Should I roll for Elongated Fellow for having two bodies fall on him?

kipling
03-04-2009, 07:33 PM
Hmmm ... Sorry for not keeping up with the posts. Should I roll for Elongated Fellow for having two bodies fall on him?

OOC: No, don't do that. First, your Defense is high enough, and I consider Hyde to have gone over you. The invisible man was knocked right out of your grasp.

kipling
03-12-2009, 04:45 PM
(Whoops, sorry--forgot I was next, too.)

The man sidesteps Hyde easily, then looks at the Elongated Man. He waves his hand, and a chunk of decking appears inside a barely-visible force sphere.

(Reflex roll from EM.)

spotlight
03-14-2009, 11:16 AM
First.EM has to roll his notice at +11 to see the chunk above him. Which is where I am guessing you intended it. Then his reflex at +5 to strech togather at a point just out from under the block.spotlight rolls some dicespotlight rolls some dice
--- Merged from Double Post ---
Lets try that again. notice 1d20+11
--- Merged from Double Post ---
again I seem to be doing something wrong. spotlight rolls some dice for noticespotlight rolls some dice for reflex

spotlight
03-18-2009, 03:09 PM
Just in case, the last two rolls are the ones that came out correctly. 29 for notice and 20 for reflex. I hope I understood what you wanted correctly.

drfeck
03-19-2009, 10:37 AM
Hyde hurtles through the air at the invisible man. Both fall to the floor, and the invisible man flickers into existence. Hyde seems to have caught the worst of it.

(OOC-So, did I hit and damage the invisble guy or not?)