PDA

View Full Version : Favorite Core Class

Farcaster
03-10-2008, 01:34 PM
Which of the core D&D classes do you most enjoy playing? (Poll incoming)

Drohem
03-10-2008, 02:32 PM
I had to chose the Fighter.

tesral
03-10-2008, 04:38 PM
Choose? Can't. I've had too much fun playing any of the core classes to pick a single class above all others.

Shadow Dweller
03-10-2008, 05:51 PM
Monk. Wish to hell I knew why but for whatever reason I love that class.

amardolem
03-10-2008, 06:43 PM
I actually haven't played alot of 3.5 so I voted my AD&D favorite: Thief (Rogue)

GBVenkman
03-10-2008, 07:00 PM
Clerics are cool.

And you can always choose a different diety to change things up.

Digital Arcanist
03-10-2008, 08:30 PM
My favorite is Ranger with Paladin coming in as a very close second.

cplmac
03-10-2008, 08:35 PM
Going with my background, I had to go with the fighter. Semper Fi!:D

Anaesthesia
03-10-2008, 08:39 PM
Bard! (Sorry. I'm a theater person!)

tesral
03-11-2008, 02:45 PM

Hey diddle diddle, straight up the middle!

Bard! (Sorry. I'm a theater person!)

Nothing to be sorry about. If there was a "right" class to play there would only be one class to play.

InfoStorm
03-11-2008, 03:00 PM
I've played way too many characters to have to choose just one. Also doesn't help I enjoy multi-classing alot, 95% 2 class characters, 5% three. You can see my style in the NPC's I've created over in the Articles/Blogs area.

Kilrex
03-11-2008, 07:52 PM
Couldn't decide between Cleric or Rogue. Both are very versatile and fun to play.

Farcaster
03-12-2008, 11:57 AM
I had to go cleric myself. And, I play so rarely that when I do play, I almost exclusively play a cleric. Although, I did briefly play in an Eberron *shudder* campaign, and I tried out playing a Bard and quite enjoyed it.

tesral
03-12-2008, 12:01 PM
I had to go cleric myself. And, I play so rarely that when I do play, I almost exclusively play a cleric. Although, I did briefly play in an Eberron *shudder* campaign, and I tried out playing a Bard and quite enjoyed it.

Shudder? Pray tell, was it that bad?

Anaesthesia
03-12-2008, 12:13 PM

Is it just me or are there an awful lot of Eberron campaigns that just go wrong? In my old group we stopped playing Eberron after 2 or 3 sessions. I do remember my Zilagro Gnome bard fondly though...:o

Kilrex
03-12-2008, 03:33 PM
Is it just me or are there an awful lot of Eberron campaigns that just go wrong? In my old group we stopped playing Eberron after 2 or 3 sessions. I do remember my Zilagro Gnome bard fondly though...:o

Now that it is mentioned, Eberron games I have been in tend to be alot shorter. Once was in a group that played all Warforged, 3 players were fighters with 1 Artificer/Cleric to back them up. DM usually had to bump up CR by a couple lvls.

Back on topic. Depending on the play style of group helps decide what I will play. In a heavy combat oriented campaign, I like playing a Cleric as combat type. Recently someone pointed out that Skill Focus: Concentration was a much more powerful feat than Combat Casting. Makes playing a combat Cleric easier. And if in a heavy RP campaign, I decide to play a Rogue. I usually focus more on the Cha related skills. Bluff my way into enemy graces or find a Diplomatic way to resolve things.

rabkala
03-12-2008, 05:06 PM
As I dig through the weight of years, I have most often enjoyed and done well with clerics. Wizards probably come in second. Multi-classed characters like fighter/magic user or cleric/rogue come in third.

I have a theory... left minded analytical types who like the crunchy bits of the game tend to gravitate toward the more complex characters while right minded artistic types tend to gravitate toward the less complicated characters. Okay, maybe I'm just spewing non-sense. <Makes for better debates> :p

tesral
03-12-2008, 07:06 PM

Maybe they need to be kept chilled or something. I've never played the setting, never even read it. Totally missing all the buzz positive or negitive.

upidstay
03-12-2008, 07:26 PM
I go through phases with my character choices. For a while I was all about human rangers, then elf rangers, then human wizards. Was on a big dwarf fighter and fighter/cleric kick for a few years. A friend played nothing but very hot human or elven female rogues. He had 3 smokin' sisters who all knew how to play men like fiddles, so he drew on them for role playing inspiration. Now I seem to be on a big dumb fighter kick.

Farcaster
03-19-2008, 06:12 PM
Well, it's all over the board, but Cleric, Ranger and Fighter seem to be the most frequently picked. Cleric and Fighter don't surprise me. Ranger though is interesting. I guess the 3.5 changes helped :lol:

GBVenkman
03-20-2008, 01:58 AM
I wonder what 4e will bring. I'm happy to see they'll be sticking to some FR. I played DDO and grew to dislike the blandness of ebberon.

I'd like to see the Fighter get a good overhaul.

Riftwalker
03-20-2008, 07:53 AM
Woohoo! Someone else picked wizard! Wizards FTW!

nijineko
03-23-2008, 07:52 AM
psionic!!! :D

Oldgamer
03-24-2008, 08:00 AM

OORAH! Paladin here! same background with a knightly kick.