PDA

View Full Version : Serenity

Coldbringer
03-09-2008, 06:18 PM
Hi there, I am looking for some players to start a Serenity campaign in the St Paul/Minneapolis area. Style wise I tend for a bit higher role-playing to combat ratio, but again that depends on how players choose to resolve what is presented to them.

It will be my first time out with the system, knowledge of Serenity/Firefly is a plus but not a prerequisite. All those interested please drop me a line.:D

Thorgrimm
07-19-2008, 04:54 PM
I havn't gamed for a while and work takes out one Saturday morning a month. I'm looking to get back into something.

Snake_Doctor
07-21-2008, 08:45 PM
I am interested in getting into a group/campaign if your still looking for players.

Thorgrimm
07-23-2008, 07:20 PM
Hi there, I am looking for some players to start a Serenity campaign in the St Paul/Minneapolis area. Style wise I tend for a bit higher role-playing to combat ratio, but again that depends on how players choose to resolve what is presented to them.

It will be my first time out with the system, knowledge of Serenity/Firefly is a plus but not a prerequisite. All those interested please drop me a line.:D

Hello, what type of system is Serenity? Is it a D20 based? I havn't looked through the book.

Coldbringer
07-24-2008, 04:20 PM
I am indeed still looking for players, you guys are the only interested parties so far.

As far as the system goes its not D20, its called the cortex system. Its a point build system, degrees or ability are based on ever increasing die types D2 (inept) to D12 (amazing) resolution is skill+attribute vs a target number or an opposed test.

Snake_Doctor
07-24-2008, 06:38 PM
My only experience with Serenity/Firefly is that I saw the movie (never even heard of it til then). I am more use to D20 games but I'd be willing to learn... I guess I assume with the space/adventure games my mind always drifts toward Star Frontiers. heh heh

Coldbringer
07-24-2008, 10:51 PM
Ah Star Frontiers my first system. I was so very clueless, when I ran that game. I still have a soft spot for Yazirians.

Thorgrimm
07-26-2008, 07:53 AM
I still have a soft spot for Yazirians.
Don't we all. I played it once and walked away with everything anyone want in that game.

It sounds like 1st Addition Star Wars or 1st Addition ShadowRun. I have more experience with D20, D10 and D100 systems. I'm willing to learn as well.

Do we want to meet up at Source?

Later,
Thorgrimm

Coldbringer
07-30-2008, 12:33 AM
The source would be a good place to meet up. Any preferred times /days?

Don't we all. I played it once and walked away with everything anyone want in that game.

It sounds like 1st Addition Star Wars or 1st Addition ShadowRun. I have more experience with D20, D10 and D100 systems. I'm willing to learn as well.

Do we want to meet up at Source?

Later,
Thorgrimm

Thorgrimm
07-30-2008, 06:27 PM
Snake Dac and I were talking about the 9th at 1PM. We might have to check with the Source or we can just show up and take up space.

Snake Doc, did you kear anything?

Snake_Doctor
07-31-2008, 07:40 AM
No, haven't had a chance to check... I'm working out of town this week. Should be back today though. So I'll look into it on Friday. I guess I don't think it should be a problem I see alot of games going on at the source everytime I'm there. I'll see if you have to reserve a table or whatever.

Thorgrimm
08-02-2008, 11:30 AM
Just found out I have much more to do for work on Saturday the 9th can we make it the followinf Saturday I think it's the 16th? I don't want to be late or get stuck in and leave you hanging.

Coldbringer
08-03-2008, 10:36 AM
I think the 16th would work better for me as well, although it might need to be a little later in the afternoon, I will let every one know.

Snake_Doctor
08-03-2008, 03:12 PM
The 16th should work for me too

Snake_Doctor
08-04-2008, 05:53 PM
I was at the Source today (happened to be driving by, so I stopped in). They said you just have to show up and play. They also mentioned if you want to make sure you get a table you can reserve one. They also mentioned they have alot of D&D games going on all the time. Version 3.5 on Wed and Fri nights and 4.0 on the weekends mostly, all of which take new players from time to time as places open up.

Thorgrimm
08-04-2008, 08:27 PM
I was at the Source today (happened to be driving by, so I stopped in). They said you just have to show up and play. They also mentioned if you want to make sure you get a table you can reserve one. They also mentioned they have alot of D&D games going on all the time. Version 3.5 on Wed and Fri nights and 4.0 on the weekends mostly, all of which take new players from time to time as places open up.
Good to know, unfortunately both of those nights are out for me. Iím busy both nights already. Saturday works best for me, let me know what youíre thinking.

Thorgrimm

Remanov
08-05-2008, 11:26 AM
Are you guys still looking for players? I just picked up Serenity and it'll be a while before my group is read to play, so I'd like to find another in the meantime. I'm available that Saturday and Sunday, so send me an email.

Snake_Doctor
08-05-2008, 04:48 PM
Saturdays also work best for me, I was thinking on heading over to the Source this Saturday and getting a feel for the place... and maybe doing some gaming if there's a spot open.

Thorgrimm
08-09-2008, 05:38 PM
How was it?

nijineko
08-09-2008, 06:35 PM
vrusk! dralasites! i was rather pleased when they released the stats for all of the star frontiers player races in d20 future. you can bet they will show up in a d&d campaign sooner or later.

Coldbringer
08-16-2008, 06:26 AM
I stink I am going to be stuck at work until horribly llate tonight, the joy of working in healthcare

Thorgrimm
08-16-2008, 10:54 PM
I stink I am going to be stuck at work until horribly llate tonight, the joy of working in healthcare
I got stuck at work today too.
This is the life of a Software tester.

Snake_Doctor
08-17-2008, 11:16 AM
Well I wasn't stuck at work, so I went to the Source on Saturday about 1ish, there was 3 Civil War minitures games and a bunch of kids playing card games (pokimon?). So unless all the D&D gaming is later or a different day, I guess it just pays to bring your own game and be prepared with players who you are meeting there.

Brandon Drowning in Dice
11-30-2009, 05:32 PM
I know it's been a year+ since anyone posted to this thread, but if you are still open to a new player, I'm interested.