PDA

View Full Version : AG16: OOC (out of character)

nijineko
03-08-2008, 12:07 AM
here is where players post everything OOC.

nijineko
03-08-2008, 12:41 AM
soliciting thoughts from the players about establishing an initiative posting order! please let me know what you think about this. =D

nijineko
03-22-2008, 05:29 AM
thanks for the characters! they look nice. as for the npc's to fill out the party... i'm looking at a few characters of mine. the choices so far are Meo of Golden Valley, Path of Ursailia and Prii the Twice-Forsaken, Pook of Wooddeep, Alefor Magehand, or Ruom Lightning-mace. i have more, if that's not enough of a selection. i'll give you a bit of background on each, and let you have your input as well.

jkfoote
03-22-2008, 11:20 AM
we are using our 16s right?

nijineko
03-22-2008, 01:29 PM
yes, anything up to 16th level. you can also play lower level if for some reason you wish to do so. the npcs i mentioned are just for filling out the party. so you play whatever you want and then we can pick one or two npcs to round things out.

i've received your character and will look it over! =D

nijineko
03-22-2008, 11:18 PM
here is a link about how to use the in-forum dice roller (http://www.penandpapergames.com/forums/showthread.php?t=5432).

basically you type "roll"(standard dice notation)"/roll" except you use [] instead of "".

for example: nijineko rolls some dice

edit: groan.... natural one, you can only hope your dm rolls like that for the bad guys. =P ^^

nijineko
03-22-2008, 11:21 PM
so for arivale's listen check, you would have typed "roll" 1d20+22 "/roll" with the [] instead of "" like so: nijineko rolls some dice

edit: now that's more like it! :D

nijineko
03-22-2008, 11:23 PM
also if you want to be more specific, or title the die roll, you would do thus:

"roll=1d20+22"listen check"/roll" with [] instead of "" like so:listen check :[ _roll = 1d20+22 ] listen check [ _/ roll ] (characters added to prevent another die roll....)

nijineko
03-23-2008, 03:18 AM
sorry, i guess i confused everyone.

here is the nomenclature:

[ r o l l ] 1 d 2 0 + (your_skill_mod_here) [ / r o l l ]

OR

[ r o l l = 1 d 2 0 + (your_skill_mod_here) ] (name_of_check_here) [ / r o l l ]

and i wrote the above example with extra spaces so that you could see how to write it. take out all extra spaces when you actually do this!

here is what you will see in both of the above cases were you to write it properly without all the spaces:

roll1 nijineko rolls some dice
roll2 my example die roll

Micro420
03-23-2008, 10:25 AM
I'm sorry for editing my post in-game, i didn't know how to use the forum roller but i do now and edited my post with the dice rolls from the forum.

nijineko
03-23-2008, 04:23 PM
your post is indeed now correctly formatted. but i don't think you have a plus 22 for a listen modifier. =D glancing at your character sheet, your listen mod should be +2. (wisdom can be used untrained, thus you get your ability mod from wisdom (the +2) and you have no ranks, so it's just a 1d20+2 in your case. ^^

since you rolled a 6, your total should be an 8 in this case.

Micro420
03-24-2008, 09:41 AM
thank you for correcting my post

nijineko
03-25-2008, 12:05 AM
no problem. i'm glad to help everyone out as needed. TANSQ, with me after all. ;) (oh, that's "There Are No Stupid Questions.")

just post whatever it may be here, or pm/im/email it to me. =D

oh and my apologies to everyone, i tried to post the next icc bit yesterday morning, but my internet connection decided to completely die just then, and while i fortunately saved my post into a text file before posting, (a good habit, i highly recommend it) i forgot to bring it to work with me so that i could post it from there. hopefully later this morning things will be working again, and i'll post then. *^^*

nijineko
03-25-2008, 09:59 AM
it occurs to me that i need a detailed description of what everyone looks like, to include visible equipment and so forth. you can pm/im/email it to me, or you can just append it to your character post, or just post it in the character thread. =D i'll need those in response to toten's latest icc post. so sooner, if possible, would be good. ^^

jkfoote
03-26-2008, 10:38 AM
oh, also
Devils sight and Fell flight both have a 24 hour duration, so i would like to just say that every morning when i wake up, i activate those two spell-like abilities.

nijineko
03-27-2008, 02:52 AM
thank you for noting that. very important. =D

nijineko
04-11-2008, 07:52 PM
everybody, here's an online link to the hypertext SRD:

http://www.d20srd.org

@kranchan: just follow the links to the list of druidic divine spells. that'll give you a list of what druids can typically do. in some of the other source books there are additional options as well.

@everybody: this is a very handy reference for quick look-up. hope you find it as useful as i have.

nijineko
04-13-2008, 09:52 PM
everyone? feel free to respond (in character context) to Veld, as he has addressed the party, and is now 'present' with you in the same time frame. as always, you are welcome to post public ooc comments here, or pm me private ooc comments. same with questions / requests / etc.

nijineko
04-14-2008, 09:45 PM
Veld, when you dismounted, did you mount the porch out of the light sprinkling rain? or are you still standing in the rain?
and if Veld is standing in the rain, Arivale: did you approach close enough to leave the shelter of the porch?

jkfoote
04-18-2008, 12:34 AM
sense motive check

jkfoote
04-18-2008, 12:34 AM
sorry it didn't appear to work in the msg

nijineko
04-18-2008, 03:07 PM
yeah, i posted something about that, but it still hasn't been changed to make the rolling work for the pm's. no biggie. that's a great roll, btw. =D

jkfoote
04-19-2008, 12:38 AM
that it was. can we save it for then next time when it will actually count?????

nijineko
04-19-2008, 12:44 AM
it did count for something good! you have determined what i pm'd you about the tavern-goers who left through that door!

nijineko
04-25-2008, 09:37 PM
i find myself in the odd situation of not having easy access to the internet from home. the open network i was using has apparently suffered from a sudden feng shui crisis or some other similar dire fate.... i will be able to post at least once a week, i am confident. so if my posts seem to have been a bit slow as of late, that is why. fear not! the game is still going on strong! I will not abandon the game! =D i hope for the quick resolution to this little hiccup so that i can go back to posting 2-4 times a week.

nijineko
06-05-2008, 07:05 PM
just so everyone is aware, i'm seldom able to get internet access on mon-tue. this week was unsually bad for internet access. please bear with me. if i take a long time to reply, it's only because of my inability to get to a computer with internet access. ^^ have midnight contact me if ever anyone is worried, he happens to be a friend of mine, and has additional contact information for me that isn't internet dependant. =D

nijineko
06-08-2008, 03:24 PM
make that wed-thur

Micro420
06-10-2008, 11:28 AM
sorry everyone, im still in the moving process and my internet connection is iffy at most, please let the DM use my character in my absence. My character will do mostly anything to help the party and to find out what is going on with my fathers friend as long as it will not harm him.

jkfoote
06-11-2008, 10:42 PM
:Dincluding perform cretin services for some shady characters we found in the ally?:D

nijineko
06-12-2008, 11:12 PM
i was thinking more of the kodt methods....

jkfoote
08-16-2008, 07:47 PM
Sorry my posting has trailed off a bit, its been a 80 hr work week for me these past couple of weeks.

nijineko
08-17-2008, 08:46 AM
thanks very much for the communication! quite appreciated. things happen, i hope that it improves for you at work and otherwise! =D

Toren Utgard
08-23-2008, 09:56 PM
Heh...Been a while eh?

Sorry to have been gone but my summers been...hectic i guess.

I totally forgot about this in the rush of other things >.< Glad to say I returned and I'll get to catching up...*goes to read through the posts and stuff like that*

nijineko
08-23-2008, 10:01 PM
yea!!! happy to have you back! i was hoping that everything was okay and you were just busy. ^^

jkfoote
08-23-2008, 11:16 PM
Heh...Been a while eh?

Sorry to have been gone but my summers been...hectic i guess.

I totally forgot about this in the rush of other things >.< Glad to say I returned and I'll get to catching up...*goes to read through the posts and stuff like that*

I've been in the same boat this past couple of months.

jkfoote
08-24-2008, 10:44 PM
just to clarify your not getting me "melificant" mixed up with serries again? because I thought i was the one touching the gem"

nijineko
08-25-2008, 12:13 AM
thank you, i read back and note that you two were holding free hands, and thus would have touched it together. adjusted.

nijineko
09-02-2008, 12:54 PM
i have received communication from micro... chances are it will be a while before he will be able to rejoin us. i have asked him if he would like me to npc his character or to put his character in stasis until he can return. so i am awaiting his reply. for the meantime, however, we will continue, and i can fit in as needed afterwards.

jkfoote
09-03-2008, 02:28 AM
how do you want combat done, should we post our attack, then wait for it to either hit or miss, then post again for dmg?
or
All in the same post

nijineko
09-03-2008, 12:09 PM
you are welcome to post the whole thing. complete with damage. that way i can apply the effects in initiative order, and will apply damage and so forth as appropriate.

nijineko
09-03-2008, 12:50 PM
Eldrich Blast
Eldrich Blast
Eldrich Blast
:biggrin:

unfortunately, eldritch blast cannot be used multiple times in a round. i quote from the faq v12-21-07:

Does the warlock’s eldritch blast require a standard
action to use or does it take the place of an attack (thus
making it possible to fire multiple eldritch blasts in a round
if you have multiple attacks)?

As a spell-like ability, an eldritch blast requires a standard
action to use. Having a base attack bonus of +6 or greater does
not allow the warlock to use his eldritch blast multiple times
per round.

jkfoote
09-03-2008, 07:32 PM
my bad sorry!!

Toren Utgard
09-08-2008, 02:26 PM
Sorry to come with this message, but as school has started back up for me my family deemed it warrented to limit my computer time, and while I do enjoy the RPG I'm afraid I simply don't have time for amoungst the myriad other interests I have.

Obviously Arivale could be NPC'd if nijineko so desired or you could kill him off, again, sorry >.<

nijineko
09-08-2008, 05:06 PM
i am disinclined to kill off characters. not my style. thank you for the post, give our greetings to your family and let them know that we understand.

I will most likely stasis the character. in any case, the slot is still yours, whenever you are able to join again. =D

jkfoote
09-08-2008, 10:23 PM
What, PLP is so much more important then school, what has school ever done for you, except give you knowledge and a future.........well i guess so, well miss yea, see you soon!!

Dax Thura
09-11-2008, 10:38 PM
I didn't see that coming. Did I have time to buff up or what was going on before I BAMF'd in?

nijineko
09-12-2008, 02:18 PM
well, now that depends. ^^ i'll pm you the details of what happened just before you "bamf'd" in, as you so eloquently put it. =D this particular campaign is a very loose and easy-going one, designed to have fun and try out interesting things. continuity is not a major concern-which is not to say that it will be ignored-but simply that it is not a primary concern for this campaign.

nijineko
09-27-2008, 12:32 AM
my sincere apologies for taking so long to get back to this. i've had a rough couple of weeks, lots going on, and i'm pretty stressed overall. multiple simultaneous deadlines will do that to one, not to mention the extra stuff (like getting bit earlier in the week. ^^) so i've had tunnel vision a lot lately. so, i'm back. hope you're all still with me.

jkfoote
09-27-2008, 11:01 PM
The hydra's neck starts growing again!: 1d4 (1)
The hydra attacks Gil, Veld and Maleficent!: 1d6 (4)
The hydra attacks Gil, Veld and Maleficent!: 1d6 (3)
The hydra attacks Gil, Veld and Maleficent!: 1d6 (5)
The hydra attacks Gil, Veld and Maleficent!: 1d6 (4)
The hydra attacks Gil, Veld and Maleficent!: 1d6 (3)

which damage do i take, do i add all of it up?

nijineko
09-28-2008, 12:41 AM
you take this damage:

Hydra takes opportunity to attack Gil!: 1d20 (16) + 18 (18) = 34
The hydra's neck starts growing again!: 1d4 (2)
The hydra attacks Gil, Veld and Maleficent!: 3d6 (5,1,3 = 9)
The hydra attacks Gil, Veld and Maleficent!: 3d6 (2,5,5 = 12)
The hydra attacks Gil, Veld and Maleficent!: 3d6 (2,4,5 = 11)
The hydra attacks Gil, Veld and Maleficent!: 3d6 (5,4,4 = 13)
The hydra attacks Gil, Veld and Maleficent!: 3d6 (1,2,3 = 6)

and add it all up. the damage is cold based. and gil took the extra from the aoo he provoked.

nijineko
10-08-2008, 06:06 PM
three tests coming up, homework, serious life changes (more on that later), lots of studying, work, church, and most importantly, family all equals no posting. *^^* as soon as i can, i will post regularly again. my schedule should clear up by the end of november-ish, maybe. but i'll try really hard to post something much sooner than that!

jkfoote
10-09-2008, 12:44 AM
no worries boss!!

nijineko
10-09-2008, 10:06 PM
waiting on midnight to post, and for micro to see if he'll jump in now, or after the combat. =D just so everyone knows.

Dax Thura
10-13-2008, 11:36 AM
She is not enervated, and her power is maximized. Her acid does 13d6 (she's manifesting at 19th level, but loses 6 power points due to quickening). She hits (I assume 29 and 24 are hits) twice, missing once (with another fumble). Total damage=* 4d6+18 from the sword and 78 from acid *.

I think I just found my moving buddy.

nijineko
10-19-2008, 12:40 AM
here is the more information i mentioned earlier. =D

i am moving. across the country. ^^ so in addition to all the above mentioned, i have to pack and move. and sell what we can't take. so please forgive business and slow posting. it'll pick up once i'm done with all this and started my new job.

nijineko
10-21-2008, 08:38 PM
i will try to post here soon. since i made a hash of the first round, i don't want to mess this round up, so it'll take me some time to make sure i've covered everything.

i have a thought. what does everyone think of the idea of pm'ing me combat actions, including rolls, and then i post the end results? i suggest that because it would keep the game thread clear of harder-to-read combat actions, and make it focus more on the cinematic and story aspects. thoughts, suggestions everyone?

Dax Thura
10-21-2008, 10:57 PM
Ok by me

Micro420
10-22-2008, 02:45 AM
is there any way we can log on all at once in a private chat room to play then just copy the transcripts over to here?

nijineko
10-22-2008, 02:54 AM
my schedule currently precludes such a desirable arrangement. if my situation ever changes, i will reconsider it, for certain. december or january would be the earliest that i could reassess my situation. =D

mostly my laggard posting is due to school assignments, packing for moving, and the need for a block of time to sort out what everyone has done and how that affects everything. i don't think the poor hydra is going to last much longer if the output of this last round is any measure. ^^

nijineko
10-30-2008, 12:54 PM
okay, i started calculating this rounds effects out. i should post an actual result in the next couple of days. =D sorry for the delay and thanks for everyones patience! less than two weeks til the move!

jkfoote
01-06-2009, 12:26 AM
WOW, Wicked sorry everyone, I got so out of practice checking this I completely forgot we started up again, my bad.

nijineko
01-06-2009, 09:33 AM
well, my being out for so long didn't help!

Dax Thura
02-14-2009, 04:26 AM
Shashakhad uses his detect undead ability on Sarissa.

Dax Thura
02-24-2009, 08:53 PM
Sorry for not posting. My computer caught a virus. I hope to be fully up and running again in a couple of weeks.

nijineko
02-24-2009, 10:04 PM
no problems. =D hope your comp gets better soon!

nijineko
04-10-2009, 03:42 AM
my apologies everyone, job hunting takes up much of my time. that and the family has been sick for nearly a week. i'll make an effort to get back on track with a post at least once a week to week and a half or so. ^^ thanks for your patience, all. =D

Dax Thura
08-01-2009, 12:34 AM
Having problems accessing from home. Will roll the action dice when I can.

nijineko
08-01-2009, 01:09 AM
righteo. hope things improve soon! call me if you need to. =D

jkfoote
10-11-2009, 12:21 PM
Hey geeks!! Sorry for the time away and the lack of such. Things are settling down and i should get back into starting with what i just did :)

nijineko
10-11-2009, 11:38 PM
hey, good to see you back. ^^

nijineko
12-18-2011, 10:16 PM
okay, so update time for everyone. i know i was hoping to get my posts up to once a month. that has obviously not happened. part of the reason is i had a motorcycle accident and broke my hand. what with schoolwork one-handed, i didn't have the energy left over to also work out adventures. plus, i had promised to finish up one particular project, so what left over energy i had was being directed that way.

let's see how i do over the next few weeks. i'll try to get caught up. =D thank you everyone for your patience.