PDA

View Full Version : Old D+D modules wanted

upidstay
03-07-2008, 05:20 PM
Not sure if this is the right forum for this. If not, I apologize oh wise and all powerful moderators. Move my unworthy post to the correct spot.
Now that the brown nosing is over...

I am looking for some of the "Classics" from waaaaay back in the olden days of AD+D. Mr Gygax's untimely death has gotten me nostalgic. I would love to update and run the G series "Against the Giants", and the old S series, specifically The Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth. Plus any other moldy oldies you may have. Please lemme know what you may have, give me a reasonable price and we can do some bidness.

cplmac
03-07-2008, 05:44 PM
I have a copy of the Lost Caverns of Tsojcanth, but am currently using it. The DM that gave it to me had separated a couple of the pages from the book. Not sure if any else would have a copy of it.

Lev Lafayette
03-07-2008, 09:34 PM
PM sent.

fmitchell
03-08-2008, 03:47 AM
WotC sells scans of old modules through http://rpg.drivethrustuff.com

If you prefer dead tree versions, you can check http://www.nobleknight.com or Ebay.

(Not affiliated with any of these web sites, except as a frequent customer.)

nijineko
03-09-2008, 04:57 AM
these are excellent suggestions! especially nobleknight! they have some of the oddest stuff!

Oldgamer
03-09-2008, 04:42 PM
I have probably any that you would want, but I am unwilling to part with them :) I'm sentimental about them, my wife asks me why I keep them and never play them, especially since I play almost all 3.5 Ed. anyway. But I just can't seem to part with them, I've had them for up to 25 years, they were my first modules. The G series is one of my all time favorites, the first time I played it, my lvl 8 or 9 ranger was killed by boulders. Then I DM'd it at a later date, man I love those mod's.

Freejack
03-09-2008, 05:59 PM
You're welcome to peruse my "for sale or trade" list over on rpg.net

http://index.rpg.net/display-user-collection.phtml?user=Freejack&match=precise&show=Trade&sort=system%2Csystemversion&type=pictures

Carl

nijineko
03-10-2008, 10:43 AM
we convert the old modules as we go. i'm playing the original gdq1-7, and return to the tomb! =D

8cidx
03-10-2008, 11:20 AM
I have many of the original modules available on my site in the "Downloads" section under "Adventures / Scenarios" at http://www.rpgx.org All are in PDF format, and free.

The Silencer
03-21-2008, 10:10 PM
I have been looking for one for years.. its based off the Movie The Keep.. its not the Keep on the Borderland, but I belive its called the Keep. I remember you are to go through the dungeon 3 times the last time is vs. the Nazi's and running up against a Machine Gun is pretty deadly.. does anyone know about it ...........

Oldgamer
03-22-2008, 07:20 AM
I have The Keep. The mod has damage of each weapon from the Luger to a grenade. Not very problematic at that level though, as if I remember 1 bullet only does 1-10 dmg and a grenade only does something like 3-18.

In a PBeM that I'm playing in (1st Ed) the DM gave my 2 characters (I took over someone else's when they left the game) a Temple for my Cleric and a castle that is an arcane School for the magic user. Well the castle's floor plan is The Keep's floor plan :) The DM found the map, but not the module, but her mage school is actually The Keep which I though was funny.

ADDED: Wow, and I see you live in Irving! Way cool, I just moved right around the corner to Arlington!

The Silencer
03-23-2008, 05:35 PM
I have The Keep. The mod has damage of each weapon from the Luger to a grenade. Not very problematic at that level though, as if I remember 1 bullet only does 1-10 dmg and a grenade only does something like 3-18.

In a PBeM that I'm playing in (1st Ed) the DM gave my 2 characters (I took over someone else's when they left the game) a Temple for my Cleric and a castle that is an arcane School for the magic user. Well the castle's floor plan is The Keep's floor plan :) The DM found the map, but not the module, but her mage school is actually The Keep which I though was funny.

ADDED: Wow, and I see you live in Irving! Way cool, I just moved right around the corner to Arlington!
If you could send me a copy of the map I'd be greatfull.. also from what I remeber a luger did 1d10 but the damage was where it hit i.e. d10 x 10 for a head shot, x5 for Arms or Legs etc... it became deadly real quickly when they had a Machine Gun, and even a Luger had up to about 6 shots a round.. ALSO if you know anyone With a group playing 1/2nd additon AD&D let me know I'm dying here..

Oldgamer
03-24-2008, 07:57 AM
My module is in Fl and I'm in Tx, so it may be a while before I can get any of it to you. But I think I have the map to the castle somewhere on Yahoo so I'll give it a look.

As far as 1st/2nd ed games, the only ones I know of are played online. Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to play a face 2 face game that's not 3.5e. Maybe when I get settled in to my new place and get somewhat of a routine down, and my wife will allow the "extra" time to play f2f game (I work 60+ hours a week, most Sat's are out and with one day off...she's gonna be stingy:o), we'll have to start one up and see if we can find players.

cplmac
03-24-2008, 08:19 PM
.. ALSO if you know anyone With a group playing 1/2nd additon AD&D let me know I'm dying here..

As far as 1st/2nd ed games, the only ones I know of are played online. Unfortunately it's nearly impossible to play a face 2 face game that's not 3.5e. Maybe when I get settled in to my new place and get somewhat of a routine down, and my wife will allow the "extra" time to play f2f game (I work 60+ hours a week, most Sat's are out and with one day off...she's gonna be stingy:o), we'll have to start one up and see if we can find players.

:sad:Sadly you both are to far away for my campaign.

The Silencer
03-25-2008, 06:24 PM
:sad:Sadly you both are to far away for my campaign.
DARN... even if I could play online with some one that would be cool.. Just no play by post. I didnt like writing in school.

The Silencer
01-05-2009, 09:31 AM
I FOUND IT.... a friend of mine found (The Keep) at 1/2 price book store, its just like the movie.. Were starting to play from Irving were I live to North Richland Hills Saturdays anywhere from noon to midnight..

Etarnon
01-05-2009, 12:03 PM
Best bet is to scope out the low price dollar or so auctions on ebay. I've gotten multiple copies of things like isle of dread, barrier peaks, slavers series, I6 ravenloft there, for less than 5 bucks at times. Sit and just scan it for 15 minutes a day. You'll lose some auctions, but win a lot.

After 4 months, you'll have a small pile of modules.

Also, wotc might still have up on their site a lot of the old modules for free.

RPGNow has some for cheap dload (A few bucks each) as .pdf

Regarding 2e tabletop:

And cplmac's 2e Greyhawk / Tjoscanth game is in Monroeville, east of Pittsburgh.

My own 2e birthright flavored homebrew game will be in downtown, or just south of town, in Pittsburgh, if I can find people for it.

2e is out there, mostly older 35+ crowd, that liked the old school ways, and less rules lawyering, out of a 30+ book encyclopedia.

Oldgamer
01-06-2009, 02:21 PM
Wow, talk about thread resurrection :) Glad you found it after almost 10 months! And you're playing in my neighborhood too! But unfortunately I don't have the time to play due to working weekends :(

Rastfar
05-29-2009, 10:05 PM
If anyone has N4 for trade or sale, I'd be willing to entertain negotiations. Now I'm realizing that I don't actually own it and I'm curious to give it a read...

cpljarhead
05-30-2009, 01:56 PM
now that i look i too have a copy of lost carverns. i even have barrier peaks and several others to include the isle of dread and slave pits of the undercity. i even have a complete set of the encyclopedia magica (all 4 books) and several complete handbooks like wizards, theif and fighter. all are in fair to good condition do to wear from use. looking back at those brings back memories!!!!

Rook
06-01-2009, 08:43 AM
Just as an FYI: THE KEEP was a movie based on the book, by F Paul Wilson and is the beginning of his Adversary Cycle. Lots of great gaming ideas in his books and they're awesome reads as well.

Oldgamer
06-01-2009, 11:22 AM
I didn't know it was a book, but after I saw the movie when I was a kid, I found the module in Waldenbooks (where I always bought my gaming stuff from back then) and had to have it. It was the same with the Conan modules that were modeled loosely from the movies and books. The movies didn't follow the books at all though. Only a few characters showed up, and none followed the stories.