PDA

View Full Version : D&D Minis - Standing Tall or Leaning really far to the left

Grey
03-06-2008, 09:44 PM
Just bought a bunch of minis for my game, but their narrow stances have caused them to lay down on the job. I've heard of ways to fix their poses and bent swords, but wanted to hear some tried and true methods. A succubus nearly lying on her back makes for a good joke, but not a fearsome foe.

tesral
03-07-2008, 07:31 AM
Just bought a bunch of minis for my game, but their narrow stances have caused them to lay down on the job. I've heard of ways to fix their poses and bent swords, but wanted to hear some tried and true methods. A succubus nearly lying on her back makes for a good joke, but not a fearsome foe.

When you find one let me know. I have been meaning to try the hair dryer and cold water method used for urethane resin. I haven't yet. I will not recommend it until I have.

The method is to warm the figure with the hair dryer, get it in position, then quench in cold water to fix the position. I don't know if it works on the D&D minis and I have not yet tried it. It works a charm with resin however.

Grey
03-07-2008, 03:26 PM
I've also heard simply placing them in hot water works as well. But it's worth a shot. It all seems feasible of course, but when using minis tends to be a touch costly you wonder whether or not it's worth possibly ruining one.

Anaesthesia
03-07-2008, 03:34 PM
An old DM of mine used a Bard mini for my character-he ended up taping a penny to the bottom so it didn't fall flat on its back. ((I think we both got tired of "Hey the bard had too many drinks" and "The Bard's making Snow angels" comments by the other players))

Grey
03-07-2008, 05:37 PM
It seems there was a whole thread already about this over at the wizards forums. The general concensus seems to be hot water or the blow dryer followed by cold or time. Sometimes takes a couple tries but it seems to work. Too hot can ruin a mini, though.